GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Apr 2020, 02:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 00:05
I'm a 27-year old Indian Male planning to apply to R5 (Jan 2nd deadline) for September 2020 in-take.
My GMAT Score is 740 (Q48, V42). Test given in July 2019.

Education:
Undergrad in Electronics and Communication Engineering from SRM University
2014 pass out

Work Experience: 5.5 Years

1) Co-founder (1 of 3) - COO/CFO of Hyderabad's biggest Advertising Agency - PAD Integrated Communications
2014-Present
Lead business growth strategy formulation, finance, operations and HR. Formulated/implemented growth strategies, inter-department processes
and Standard Operating Procedures along with performance metrics, analysis tools and incentive structures.
• Address communication requirements of clients in India, France, USA, Israel, UAE, Sri Lanka and Oman across varied industries (healthcare, education, real estate, hospitality, pharmaceutical, media, retail, tech, non-profit).
• Launched/brought to market 30+ startups through effective brand strategies and creative communications.
• Led diversification into developing vernacular content for Over-the-Top (OTT) platforms; and providing Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality services.
• Increased revenue by 50% (from $1 to $1.5M USD) in two years, and profitability by 30% YoY (with 17% net profit margins).
• Grew team to 105. Opened 2 additional branch offices in Bangalore and Mumbai.

2) Co-founder (1 of 2) - CEO of SPUR Design - A hardware/product design and development company
May 2019 - Present
6-person firm providing product design, manufacturing, sourcing and logistics services to aspiring designers
Manage hiring, business development, business planning, strategic partnering, and investor recruitment

Extra-Curricular:
- GO GREEN, (Oman’s 1st plastic-free supermarket chain), Operations Advisor -- Creating launch business plan (6hr/wk, May 2019 - Present)
- ANGEL SUMMIT (discover, inspire and support women-led start-ups), Head – Strategic Alliance – Organised 4 annual events with 600+ start-ups participating. On-boarded 20+ investors with $7M USD pledged for 32 start-ups (15hr/wk for 3 months annually, 2015 to present)
- COMMUTATUS (50+ person company developing digital products for global organisations), Member, Board of Advisors (1 of 6) – Consulted on and helped implement business growth strategies. Ran multiple hackathons to crowdsource solutions for tech start-ups (6hr/wk, 2015-2018)
- ESAHAI (“Uber” for ambulances) - Consulted on branding, product launch, go-to-market strategy and investor relations (8hr/wk, Oct 2016--Apr 2018)
- SCRIBBLR NOTEBOOKS (provide free notebooks to students by offsetting costs with ad revenue from interior notebook branding),
Co-Founder (1 of 3) -- Provided notebooks to 30,000+ students, achieving 35X ROI for participating companies (12hr/wk, Dec 2015 to Jul 2016)
4) Was a part of AIESEC (a student led organisation) in leading roles for three years (2011-2014)
5) Was part of an NGO called Green the Gene
Project Coordinator – Collected pledges for and initiated planting of 1.5M trees in Gambia – one for every Gambian citizen

International Experiences:
Apart from dealing with international clients through work, I have spent a month in Phnom Penh, Cambodia living with the locals and teaching english in a school.
I have solo-backpacked Cambodia, Thailand, Bhutan, Jordan, Amsterdam, Finland, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine.

Have not narrowed down on a post MBA career goal.
Inclined towards
Strategy consulting - Based on my experience consulting with organisations of different sizes, scales and industries and my keen interest towards sustainability. But being an entrepreneur, I want to start my own firm that focuses on strategy and brand consulting to startups focussed on solving sustainability challenges in the world.

Looking to find out if my profile is a fit for HEC Paris considering its strong brand and in-roads into consulting.
Hoping to hear back from all of you!
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 00:13
Top Contributor
vamsired wrote:
I'm a 27-year old Indian Male planning to apply to R5 (Jan 2nd deadline) for September 2020 in-take.

Education:
2014 pass out

1) Co-founder (1 of 3) - COO/CFO of Hyderabad's biggest Advertising Agency - PAD Integrated Communications
2014-Present
Lead business growth strategy formulation, finance, operations and HR. Formulated/implemented growth strategies, inter-department processes
and Standard Operating Procedures along with performance metrics, analysis tools and incentive structures.
• Address communication requirements of clients in India, France, USA, Israel, UAE, Sri Lanka and Oman across varied industries (healthcare, education, real estate, hospitality, pharmaceutical, media, retail, tech, non-profit).
• Launched/brought to market 30+ startups through effective brand strategies and creative communications.
• Led diversification into developing vernacular content for Over-the-Top (OTT) platforms; and providing Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality services.
• Increased revenue by 50% (from $1 to $1.5M USD) in two years, and profitability by 30% YoY (with 17% net profit margins).

2) Co-founder (1 of 2) - CEO of SPUR Design - A hardware/product design and development company
May 2019 - Present
6-person firm providing product design, manufacturing, sourcing and logistics services to aspiring designers
Manage hiring, business development, business planning, strategic partnering, and investor recruitment

Extra-Curricular:
- GO GREEN, (Oman’s 1st plastic-free supermarket chain), Operations Advisor -- Creating launch business plan (6hr/wk, May 2019 - Present)
- ANGEL SUMMIT (discover, inspire and support women-led start-ups), Head – Strategic Alliance – Organised 4 annual events with 600+ start-ups participating. On-boarded 20+ investors with $7M USD pledged for 32 start-ups (15hr/wk for 3 months annually, 2015 to present)
- COMMUTATUS (50+ person company developing digital products for global organisations), Member, Board of Advisors (1 of 6) – Consulted on and helped implement business growth strategies. Ran multiple hackathons to crowdsource solutions for tech start-ups (6hr/wk, 2015-2018)
- ESAHAI (“Uber” for ambulances) - Consulted on branding, product launch, go-to-market strategy and investor relations (8hr/wk, Oct 2016--Apr 2018)
- SCRIBBLR NOTEBOOKS (provide free notebooks to students by offsetting costs with ad revenue from interior notebook branding),
Co-Founder (1 of 3) -- Provided notebooks to 30,000+ students, achieving 35X ROI for participating companies (12hr/wk, Dec 2015 to Jul 2016)
4) Was a part of AIESEC (a student led organisation) in leading roles for three years (2011-2014)
Project Coordinator – Collected pledges for and initiated planting of 1.5M trees in Gambia – one for every Gambian citizen

Apart from dealing with international clients through work, I have spent a month in Phnom Penh, Cambodia living with the locals and teaching english in a school.
I have solo-backpacked Cambodia, Thailand, Bhutan, Jordan, Amsterdam, Finland, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine.

Inclined towards
Strategy consulting - Based on my experience consulting with organisations of different sizes, scales and industries and my keen interest towards sustainability. But being an entrepreneur, I want to start my own firm that focuses on strategy and brand consulting to startups focussed on solving sustainability challenges in the world.

Looking to find out if my profile is a fit for HEC Paris considering its strong brand and in-roads into consulting.

Excellent profile with strong chances for HEC Paris.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 00:21
vamsired wrote:

Education:
2014 pass out

2014-Present

May 2019 - Present

Extra-Curricular:

Inclined towards

Hi,

You've got a strong profile- great GMAT score and a lot of impact created on several clients' businesses. You will need to translate these achievements onto your application - through the resume and essays. The exposure to international clients needs also be built into your application- if you were also sourcing these projects, that speaks well for you.

You've got A LOT of extracurricular activities. My suggestion is to pick the top 3-4 where you have made a big impact. It will be wise to mention those in the resume where you have already achieved some results as opposed to also including those where you are just getting started- This strategy will also help you pare your list.

Lastly- career goals: As most of your work is in marketing and brand building, I am not going to immediately recommend strategy consulting without understanding your experience/ career inclination in more detail. This also calls for you to do more in-depth research on what are the job possibilities available to you post MBA.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2019, 05:47
Hi!

What is the median GMAT score for HEC MiM programs? According to online resources, it's 710 but just wanted to confirm.

Also, what are the changes of getting accepted with a GMAT score of 650 but with a good overall profile (one that includes academics, projects and volunteer work)? I know that the decision depends on the overall profile but is there a cutoff for the GMAT score?
HEC & IMD School Moderator
D
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2019, 06:15
Hi KritiG ..
I would suggest to not worry much about Median/Average scores. Check the average score and try to keep your score above than that if you want to get scholarship or you belong from over represented pool. Getting in with 650 will be difficult because HEC MiM program is highly targeted. It would be better if you can post your detailed profile and some of the experts will reply you. If you have time to improve your score, do it at least 700 and if not, then make other application areas strong.

KritiG wrote:
Hi!

What is the median GMAT score for HEC MiM programs? According to online resources, it's 710 but just wanted to confirm.

Also, what are the changes of getting accepted with a GMAT score of 650 but with a good overall profile (one that includes academics, projects and volunteer work)? I know that the decision depends on the overall profile but is there a cutoff for the GMAT score?

B

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 07:32
Hello Moderators
Can you please help in evaluating my profile for HEC Paris Fit.

India/Male/27- GMAT 680 (Q48 V35)

Education : B.Tech in Civil Engineering from NIT- Warangal (top 15 tech schools) in 2013 with 7.50 CGPA.
10th- 93%
12th - 75%
WE:
Industry - ERP IT Consulting and Business development
Total WE: 6.5 Years
total Abroad Exp : 5 Years - UK-Scotland and England (2.5 Years), Italy (2 Years-currently in Italy), Singapore (6 months), India (1.5 years)

Current Role:
Project Lead- ERP DevOps| 2018 – Present |Florence, Italy
• Key responsible for delivery and capability excellence through Design, Development and Support of specific enterprise solutions.
• Leads a team of 20+ associates for tactical and operational direction enablement and implementation of strategic vision of the practice of ERP DevOps. team is based out of Italy, France, India and US.
• Single point of contact between the firm and the client HQ.
• Business development within the current account with up-sell and cross-sell.
• Anchors business pursuit initiatives, client training and in-house capability building.
• Caters to a huge user base ranging in countries including but not limited to- Italy, UK, USA, Brazil, Russia, Hungary, France, India, China, Australia. This requires me and my team to very flexible with time and be available at odd hours depending on the need.

I have got 3 promotions in 6 years and have reached to Mid management level in my firm which is well known international IT firm.

Notable Volunteer work and ECC:

1. I initiated an event called Minute Made-A talent hunt in NITW's Cultural fest known as Spring Spree. Initially started off as a talent platform for anyone to come and showcase their unique talent in 1 minute, During the 2nd and 3rd of its inception, we turned the event into a platform for specially abled people.
In my final year we saw 17 participants from all over India with hearing, visual, physical and mental disabilities (Speically abled) to participate in the event.
The event is still continuing till date.

2. I lead the NITW team of SAI-BAJA- national level Off road car making and racing competition for 2 years. This shows diverse interest.

3. I was General Secretory for Civil Engineering Association in my college- responsible for managing funds worth 2Lakhs and arranging events for more than 700+ students from B.tech first year to M.tech final year.

4. I also directed, written and played lead role in Drama clubs of our college. There is an event called 0-Gravity and you can see the youtube video of the event and dramas i played role in. Dramas were skits mostly based on generic issues in society.

5. I was also part of Team VR1- Hyderabad chapter where we used to teach "physics made easy" to local schools in Hyderabad and Warangal- twice a month.

7. I was also part of an Lead protest for bringing LOKPAL bill in India in support of Legendary Anna Hazare. As NITW chapter, we rallied in peace and observed fasts for good cause.

6. In years 2001-2002 when Rajasthan was base of India-Pakistan escalated war zone, fortunately the war never started but precautions were taken. I lived in a village 7 KM inside Indian Border so land mines were placed by Indian Army in almost entire farm field and deserted field around the village.
But stray dogs, cows and goats frequently used to wandered into this landmines fields for grazing and step on landmines. I gathered my age kids in village a d we started helping these poor animals. After military personal remove them from the fields, we carried animals on carts back to village, tended to their wounds with vets, gave animals food and shelter till they were able to walk again(Some of them never did and some died due to infection as well) .

7. I am also associated with a school scholarship in my native town. Understanding the pain of student whose families are financially weak. I have had trouble paying 25 INR as school fee per month. I have left it to teachers of my school to chose 10 students in school, each not the best performer, not the poorest student, but the one who wants to be in school, shows passion in studies despite his condition or may be average mental capacities, and cannot pay the school fees. For those chosen 10 I take complete ownership of their school fee payment.

GyanOne
Leadership
MBADecoder

thanks
harsh
D

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 08:07
Hi Harshdeepgajra ...
You got good academics and GMAT score under the average (690) of the class. I would recommend to increase it to at least 700-710 if you can. It will help you in competing with Indian applicants pool and increase chances of scholarship. You have got great International experience which is an advantage. Do you know Italian or any other language? Your professional experience will look great if you add monetary values and highlight achievements. You got 3 promotions in 6 years has to be justified that they were quickly awarded on your excellent performance and not with increasing years of experience. Your extra curricular are also great but pick up few which are best. I would suggest you not to pick anyone from last 3 you mentioned. Overall your profile looks great to me.
Apart from HEC, which other schools you are targeting? I can't suggest HEC is a fit for you yet because you have not mentioned Why MBA? Why HEC? What are your future short + long term goals? I hope you are aware that HEC is very picky and competitive. You need to craft good stories. You can reply on missing information and I would suggest you further. Buonasera :)

Harshdeepgajra wrote:
Hello Moderators
Can you please help in evaluating my profile for HEC Paris Fit.

India/Male/27- GMAT 680 (Q48 V35)

Education : B.Tech in Civil Engineering from NIT- Warangal (top 15 tech schools) in 2013 with 7.50 CGPA.
10th- 93%
12th - 75%
WE:
Industry - ERP IT Consulting and Business development
Total WE: 6.5 Years
total Abroad Exp : 5 Years - UK-Scotland and England (2.5 Years), Italy (2 Years-currently in Italy), Singapore (6 months), India (1.5 years)

Current Role:
Project Lead- ERP DevOps| 2018 – Present |Florence, Italy
• Key responsible for delivery and capability excellence through Design, Development and Support of specific enterprise solutions.
• Leads a team of 20+ associates for tactical and operational direction enablement and implementation of strategic vision of the practice of ERP DevOps. team is based out of Italy, France, India and US.
• Single point of contact between the firm and the client HQ.
• Business development within the current account with up-sell and cross-sell.
• Anchors business pursuit initiatives, client training and in-house capability building.
• Caters to a huge user base ranging in countries including but not limited to- Italy, UK, USA, Brazil, Russia, Hungary, France, India, China, Australia. This requires me and my team to very flexible with time and be available at odd hours depending on the need.

I have got 3 promotions in 6 years and have reached to Mid management level in my firm which is well known international IT firm.

Notable Volunteer work and ECC:

1. I initiated an event called Minute Made-A talent hunt in NITW's Cultural fest known as Spring Spree. Initially started off as a talent platform for anyone to come and showcase their unique talent in 1 minute, During the 2nd and 3rd of its inception, we turned the event into a platform for specially abled people.
In my final year we saw 17 participants from all over India with hearing, visual, physical and mental disabilities (Speically abled) to participate in the event.
The event is still continuing till date.

2. I lead the NITW team of SAI-BAJA- national level Off road car making and racing competition for 2 years. This shows diverse interest.

3. I was General Secretory for Civil Engineering Association in my college- responsible for managing funds worth 2Lakhs and arranging events for more than 700+ students from B.tech first year to M.tech final year.

4. I also directed, written and played lead role in Drama clubs of our college. There is an event called 0-Gravity and you can see the youtube video of the event and dramas i played role in. Dramas were skits mostly based on generic issues in society.

5. I was also part of Team VR1- Hyderabad chapter where we used to teach "physics made easy" to local schools in Hyderabad and Warangal- twice a month.

7. I was also part of an Lead protest for bringing LOKPAL bill in India in support of Legendary Anna Hazare. As NITW chapter, we rallied in peace and observed fasts for good cause.

6. In years 2001-2002 when Rajasthan was base of India-Pakistan escalated war zone, fortunately the war never started but precautions were taken. I lived in a village 7 KM inside Indian Border so land mines were placed by Indian Army in almost entire farm field and deserted field around the village.
But stray dogs, cows and goats frequently used to wandered into this landmines fields for grazing and step on landmines. I gathered my age kids in village a d we started helping these poor animals. After military personal remove them from the fields, we carried animals on carts back to village, tended to their wounds with vets, gave animals food and shelter till they were able to walk again(Some of them never did and some died due to infection as well) .

7. I am also associated with a school scholarship in my native town. Understanding the pain of student whose families are financially weak. I have had trouble paying 25 INR as school fee per month. I have left it to teachers of my school to chose 10 students in school, each not the best performer, not the poorest student, but the one who wants to be in school, shows passion in studies despite his condition or may be average mental capacities, and cannot pay the school fees. For those chosen 10 I take complete ownership of their school fee payment.

GyanOne
Leadership
MBADecoder

thanks
harsh

B

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 08:29
hi Leadership
Buonasera
Do you know Italian or any other language?
I can understand Italian to a limit- very basic level.

Your professional experience will look great if you add monetary values and highlight achievements.
I am handling projects worth 1.2MM right now and I have brought in new work in total worth 2MM USD so far as business Dev. I can provide more in depth detail in private.

You got 3 promotions in 6 years has to be justified that they were quickly awarded on your excellent performance and not with increasing years of experience.
I understand 3 in 6 years dont look that great but as per my company culture, between 2 promotions there is a minimum of 3 years of gap.

Apart from HEC, which other schools you are targeting?
I was targeting at INSEAD, ISB those dont seem an option now.

I can't suggest HEC is a fit for you yet because you have not mentioned Why MBA? Why HEC? What are your future short + long term goals?
Short term goal- Move towards Business development and sales and/or Digital transformation leadership.
Long term goal- sustainable development

thanks
harsh
D

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 08:46
Hi,
Thanks for a quick reply. You must provide achievements with values whenever possible. If the promotion is generally awarded in every 3 years, then it is good to mention somewhere that you got in 2 years on an average. You will be good fit according to your profile and goals. INSEAD will be tough, cannot say about ISB. You can also take a look on IE, IESE, Judge (Cambridge) in EU. When are you thinking to apply in HEC? Currently, the applications are open for Sep 20 intake. You can look at this FORUM for further details and connect with other applicants and admitted students. All the best.

Harshdeepgajra wrote:
hi Leadership
Buonasera
Do you know Italian or any other language?
I can understand Italian to a limit- very basic level.

Your professional experience will look great if you add monetary values and highlight achievements.
I am handling projects worth 1.2MM right now and I have brought in new work in total worth 2MM USD so far as business Dev. I can provide more in depth detail in private.

You got 3 promotions in 6 years has to be justified that they were quickly awarded on your excellent performance and not with increasing years of experience.
I understand 3 in 6 years dont look that great but as per my company culture, between 2 promotions there is a minimum of 3 years of gap.

Apart from HEC, which other schools you are targeting?
I was targeting at INSEAD, ISB those dont seem an option now.

I can't suggest HEC is a fit for you yet because you have not mentioned Why MBA? Why HEC? What are your future short + long term goals?
Short term goal- Move towards Business development and sales and/or Digital transformation leadership.
Long term goal- sustainable development

thanks
harsh

B
Schools: IIMB (D), Bocconi '21
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GRE 1: Q162 V167
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2019, 07:34
Hi!
Male 26 from India.
Undergrad Information: Mechanical Engineering from NIT Kurukshetra, India with CGPA 8.17/10,
GMAT Score: 680 (Q49, V32)
Work experience: Working in Energy Sector (Natural Gas Pipelines).
I am fluent in Hindi and English.
I'm interested in applying for HEC Paris MBA program. What are my chances of getting admitted and scholarship? And What other options I have in HEC Paris?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2019, 08:09
Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to the HEC Jan 2021 intake in the second round (Feb deadline). Please let me know my chances.

Background and nationality: Male, 32 years old (at matriculation), Indian

Undergrad Information:

Discontinued from Computer Science engineering from the top college run by the state government midway due to health reasons.

B.Arts (English) through distance education program from University of Madras - completed in First Class (61%)

PG Diploma in Management full-time (from one of the tier 2 IIMs in India) - completed (Grade : B).

GMAT: 680 (Q: 49, V: 32, AWA: 4, IR: 6). My verbal score was consistently higher in the mocks and hence I'm planning to re-take in Jan 1st week. Expecting ~700. How much of a difference will this make?
TOEFL: 110

Work experience and leadership: (reverse chronological order) Will have 5.5 years at matriculation.

1 year in Cognizant as a Consultant for the 100 member Sales and Marketing services team.

3.5 years in HCL (in the strategy office of BFSI Sales Leadership) as Business Partner. 500% increase in salary from what I earned at TCS BPO (previous company). Traveled to the US five times and to the UK once on business assignments such as Annual planning, Sales conferences, etc. Had experience of working closely with the President of the BFSI vertical on business planning and monitoring. Managed 5 associates. 2 promotions in 3 appraisal cycles.

3 years in TCS BPO customer support (this was prior to graduation and hence wouldn’t count)

Community and others:
Volunteer to teach at an orphanage since May 2019.
Students' council member and Infra secretary during PG study.

Post MBA goal is to join a consulting firm preferably consulting for financial sector clients.
I want to make two particular transitions - location (securing employment in Europe) and go from a corporate function role to a client facing role.

Anything else?
Featured in a national daily at 13 for winning a science talent hunt. (does this even count since it was such a long time ago?)
Data science certification on edX.
Studied French as a second language in school for 7 years. Proficiency level is only basic though. I intend to enroll in an intensive language course prior to starting the MBA.
Have a personal story to say about discontinuing from a top tier engineering college and recovering from a serious accident and illness.

Questions:

I submitted my resume and requested a profile evaluation request from the HEC team. The feedback I received is as follows:

"...we feel that you are a good candidate for the HEC Paris MBA. Your experience and test scores meet our requirements and we believe that you have the potential to succeed in our MBA Program."

They asked me to proceed with the application. However, they also recommended that I retake the GMAT since the avg score for Indians is ~720.

What are my chances and specific areas of improvement?
Do I need to increase my GMAT score significantly to stand any chance?
D

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2019, 09:44
Hi tgfjp ..
The evaluation of HEC will be different from IMD. Here it goes:

Your age is just above the average age of class. Definitely, you need to increase your GMAT to 710-720. I talked to some current students and nobody confirmed that there is an Indian student with 680 but I cannot infer that there is no one in last two years. 680 can also be fine if other aspects of profile are strong. The professional achievements need better crafting with monetary values. Unlike IMD, HEC focus on extra-curricular. Your goals are aligned with HEC because there are equal opportunities for students to choose and get jobs in their desired industry/function. French will be an advantage in searching jobs and 2 years of extended visa due to Indo-French ties. Some things will be common such as not to mention 500% increase, childhood achievement, years learning French but mention the story of dropping and health issues. You can check this FORUM to connect with other applicants and follow discussion. Yes, you must increase your GMAT score to compete with Indian applicants pool.
tgfjp wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to the HEC Jan 2021 intake in the second round (Feb deadline). Please let me know my chances.

Background and nationality: Male, 32 years old (at matriculation), Indian

Undergrad Information:

Discontinued from Computer Science engineering from the top college run by the state government midway due to health reasons.

B.Arts (English) through distance education program from University of Madras - completed in First Class (61%)

PG Diploma in Management full-time (from one of the tier 2 IIMs in India) - completed (Grade : B).

GMAT: 680 (Q: 49, V: 32, AWA: 4, IR: 6). My verbal score was consistently higher in the mocks and hence I'm planning to re-take in Jan 1st week. Expecting ~700. How much of a difference will this make?
TOEFL: 110

Work experience and leadership: (reverse chronological order) Will have 5.5 years at matriculation.

1 year in Cognizant as a Consultant for the 100 member Sales and Marketing services team.

3.5 years in HCL (in the strategy office of BFSI Sales Leadership) as Business Partner. 500% increase in salary from what I earned at TCS BPO (previous company). Traveled to the US five times and to the UK once on business assignments such as Annual planning, Sales conferences, etc. Had experience of working closely with the President of the BFSI vertical on business planning and monitoring. Managed 5 associates. 2 promotions in 3 appraisal cycles.

3 years in TCS BPO customer support (this was prior to graduation and hence wouldn’t count)

Community and others:
Volunteer to teach at an orphanage since May 2019.
Students' council member and Infra secretary during PG study.

Post MBA goal is to join a consulting firm preferably consulting for financial sector clients.
I want to make two particular transitions - location (securing employment in Europe) and go from a corporate function role to a client facing role.

Anything else?
Featured in a national daily at 13 for winning a science talent hunt. (does this even count since it was such a long time ago?)
Data science certification on edX.
Studied French as a second language in school for 7 years. Proficiency level is only basic though. I intend to enroll in an intensive language course prior to starting the MBA.
Have a personal story to say about discontinuing from a top tier engineering college and recovering from a serious accident and illness.

Questions:

I submitted my resume and requested a profile evaluation request from the HEC team. The feedback I received is as follows:

"...we feel that you are a good candidate for the HEC Paris MBA. Your experience and test scores meet our requirements and we believe that you have the potential to succeed in our MBA Program."

They asked me to proceed with the application. However, they also recommended that I retake the GMAT since the avg score for Indians is ~720.

What are my chances and specific areas of improvement?
Do I need to increase my GMAT score significantly to stand any chance?

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2019, 09:54
Hi puneetb ..
The below details are not enough to give you any useful suggestion. It seems that you have 3-4 yrs of experience which is on the lower end of HEC. You need to increase your GMAT score to 710-720. The languages you speak are common to all Indians and hence you will not get any advantage. Admit and Scholarship chances cannot be estimated with your available details. What kind of options in HEC you are looking for? You need to post detailed profile for further discussion.
puneetb wrote:
Hi!
Male 26 from India.
Undergrad Information: Mechanical Engineering from NIT Kurukshetra, India with CGPA 8.17/10,
GMAT Score: 680 (Q49, V32)
Work experience: Working in Energy Sector (Natural Gas Pipelines).
I am fluent in Hindi and English.
I'm interested in applying for HEC Paris MBA program. What are my chances of getting admitted and scholarship? And What other options I have in HEC Paris?

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 23:37
Hi Everyone, I'd like to know from any current/alumni on my chances of getting in HEC Paris Sustainability and Social Innovation SASI program!

Program details: Does not require GMAT, maximum work years - 2 years (But I did see graduate having 7-10 years experience despite this soft requirement)

Background: Top School in Asia (QS# 32 for World's top 1000 Uni) BSc Environmental Management and technology (interdisciplinary between engineering, business and science)
GPA: 2.8 /4.3 (Mostly As in business courses but the general irrelevant courses i did not put effort..)
IELTS: 8.5

Work:
Data Analyst at an established social startup 1.5 years
Consulting intern at Environmental Social Governance Reprting Team at a local environmental consulting firm 3 months
Sustainability intern in school (Carried out strategies to phase out campus plastic bottle sale for 2 years)
Marketing Intern - MBA Office
On Judge Panel as the only 2 students for our University's major sustainability funding projects

Exta-curricular:
University Team Leader of a Footbridge building volunteering group in rural China 1 year
Volunteer at Myanmar Habitat for Humanity
Exchange Buddy for European students
Chinese culture promoter in School

Innovation:
Participant at MIT Entrepreneurship Integrator with MIT MBA and undergrad Students
Founder of a blockchain for social impact project

International:
Fully granted Overseas Research Visit in LA, USA (GPA 4/4)
Exchange in DTU, Denmark (GPA 12/12)
Exhchange in Taiwan

Please help!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 05:29
Hey

Male, 27 years old from Lebanon.
I graduated with a bachelor in Civil Engineering and I have Master of Research in dynamics of structures. My GPA was 6.7/10 (French system as I am french educated).
I have 5 years work experience with Dar Group Consultants (an International firm ranked 5th in the World). I worked two years as a Design Engineer in Beirut then I was transferred to Kenya where i worked as a Resident Engineer and managed Dar’s office in Nairobi. One year ago, I became the Assistant Area Manager in East Africa and my main responsibility was business development in the East African countries (Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Uganda).

Because of my current responsibilities, I found it hard to dedicate enough time for the GMAT exam preparation, so took the exam twice and i scored 630.

I sent my profile and my Gmat scores to HEC Paris and they informed me that I may certainly apply with my recent score and that I would be a great addition to the MBA class.
I want to know if I can move forward and apply or my gmat scores are going to be an obstacle impeding me from joining HEC Paris.

Thank you

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC MiM '21
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 07:36
I spoke with my brother in law(an HEC alumnus who now takes interviews).. He told me that GMAT is just one of the many factors that the admission committee consider.. For an MBA , there is no minimum requirement of GMAT score (the same is mentioned on their website).. The most important part is interview..

I suggest that you apply without hesitation and concentrate on the interview ! Good luck !

D

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 07:56
Hi SimoneRM ,
You will get an advantage from your location wise pool and French language. You need to explain more about your professional profile and achievements. Which type of industry you are working with? I checked quickly and it seems like construction/real estate. International experience is always a plus. Why MBA and Why HEC? What are your short and long term goals? Extra curricular, social cause, any other language apart from English and French? Leadership assignements?
630 is on the lower end for HEC and I would suggest to improve it to around 670. Unfortunately, your situation of high working hours is common to many other applicants. You need to manage it somehow. I would suggest to increase your score even if you miss this year's deadline. Your age is less than the avg. age of class. You have enough time to improve your score and overall profile. Answer my above questions and I will suggest you further.
SimoneRM wrote:
Hey

I graduated with a bachelor in Civil Engineering and I have Master of Research in dynamics of structures. My GPA was 6.7/10 (French system as I am french educated).
I have 5 years work experience with Dar Group Consultants (an International firm ranked 5th in the World). I worked two years as a Design Engineer in Beirut then I was transferred to Kenya where i worked as a Resident Engineer and managed Dar’s office in Nairobi. One year ago, I became the Assistant Area Manager in East Africa and my main responsibility was business development in the East African countries (Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Uganda).

Because of my current responsibilities, I found it hard to dedicate enough time for the GMAT exam preparation, so took the exam twice and i scored 630.

I sent my profile and my Gmat scores to HEC Paris and they informed me that I may certainly apply with my recent score and that I would be a great addition to the MBA class.
I want to know if I can move forward and apply or my gmat scores are going to be an obstacle impeding me from joining HEC Paris.

Thank you

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 08:11
Hi rxb266 ..
I doubt whether your relative is really an alumnus of HEC. It's a known fact that applications are assessed holistically and GMAT is one of the factors. The GMAT score is not required for the sake of a requirement. You need to show skills. I have never heard an alumni who said/say that Interview is the most important thing for an admit. Kindly check the GMAT score requirement on HEC website: https://www.hec.edu/en/mba-programs/mba/admissions . You will get the average and school's recommendation of balanced score with 60% each in Q and V.

rxb266 wrote:
I spoke with my brother in law(an HEC alumnus who now takes interviews).. He told me that GMAT is just one of the many factors that the admission committee consider.. For an MBA , there is no minimum requirement of GMAT score (the same is mentioned on their website).. The most important part is interview..

I suggest that you apply without hesitation and concentrate on the interview ! Good luck !

B
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: HEC'22 (J)
GRE 1: Q167 V150

GRE 2: Q167 V150
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 08:19
Hi,

I recently met the admission team from HEC... they told me that i can aim a score above 610 on the GMAT, since there are other sides on my profile that would stand out in the application. Moreover, i would suggest you get in touch with the admission team and try to meet with them, they are planning a tour in Africa on 2020. I think you definitely need to step ahead and show that you are highly motivated to join the program. For you to know, there are fewer applicants for the January intake, so try to apply for January 2021 to increase your chances.
On the other hand, Lebanese student are highly represented in the class ... however not every Lebanese applicant comes with an African work experience, it's something you should highlight.

But pal, you really need to meet with the admission team on person, try to go the Paris for a weekend or even attend one of the venues either in Beirut or Nairobi.

Good luck, let's hope we gonna be classmates next year ! I'm personally planning to give the GMAT a shot on Mars and then on April to have a decent score and be in HEC for the January 2021 intake.

SimoneRM wrote:
Hey

Thank you

Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2020, 07:38
Hi !

I am considering applying to a few masters in management and specialized masters programmes. I would like to request a Profile Evaluation and my chances for admission to HEC's MSc Strategic Management.

Background: Indian, Female
Undergard (2019 Graduate) : Bachelors in Commerce (Hons in Business Studies) from a Private University in Jaipur, India.
GPA : (credit weighted average) 83.43 ( Gold Medalist )
Also Hold an Advanced Diploma in French Language ( Secured 1st position)

Did an internship at an experential learning company as a Project Coordinator for 2 months. Worked with international participants during this time.

Extra Curriculars: Participated in and won several Debate Competitions ;
Served as Jt. Secretary at the University's Campus Commitee

Major Hurdle : GMAT 640( Q44, v34) IR-7
I won't be taking the GMAT again and deadlines are very close.
Should I not apply because of the low score?

Thanks for your time in advance!
GMAT Club Bot
Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2020, 07:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 275 posts ] 

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership