GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 13:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2019, 22:52
Hi, Please evaluate my profile for Masters in Finance HEC Paris September 2020 Intake.

Female, 27 years old, India

Graduation :
Bachelors of Management Studies with a specialization in Finance.

College : Mumbai University

CGPA : Grade:Outstanding. Above 70%
NISM Certified in Depository Operations with 77.5%.
GMAT : 670 (Q46, V 36)

Work Experience : 10 months at Axis Bank Ltd (3rd Largest Private Bank in India)
Role : Officer (Branch Banking) Handling daily Branch Activities (Domestic & Foreign)

Currently working (4.6 yrs ) as Sr. MIS Executive in a Consulting Firm based in Mumbai.

Co Curriculars :
1. Active Participation (Head of multiple Events)in College Cultural Festivals.

Also, more University suggestions for Masters in Finance are highly appreciated.

Thanks !
Urvi.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2019, 21:43
sjas31 wrote:
Hi,
You have strong academics and below average GMAT score for HEC. Your overall profile seems interesting. Can you share more info about job description and patents? I would like to know about your MBA goals and what you are interested in?

Applying in 660 will be bit risky. There is no harm in trying once again. Your age is 26 yrs and I believe you have time. You will apply probably for Jan 2021 intake for which the applications will start Jan 2020. If there is no improvement, apply with 660 and make other profile aspects strong. All the best.

Eeshangeel wrote:
Hello everyone ..
Greetings!!

It would be really helpful if someone can evaluate my profile for MBA programme at HEC Paris !

26 Male, Indian
10th - 87%
12th - 93%
BTech- 9.2 CGPA / 10
(Automobile Engineering, SRM University)

GMAT : 660 (Q45, V35)

Work Experience - 46months & continuing..
Working at Hyundai Motors India R&D Center

Languages : English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Korean (basics)

Achievements in Hyundai :
5 Patents (Granted in US, SouthKorea, India & China)
Best innovation award 2018,2016
Best Paper Content Award 2018
Inter company sports badminton winner
Presented various studies at International conferences and also at Hyundai Motors Korea HQ (I was the only one selected from entire department)

Achievements in University :
Best Paper presentation award
Received merit based scholarship(among top 10 in entire department)
Was part of “National champion” formula student team (also participated in Formula student Germany)
3 months internship on Total productive maintenance.

International Exposure :
I interact and work with Koreans on daily basis.
Presented a Technical Paper and handled two projects for a duration of 3 weeks in South Korea.
Participated in a formula student event in Germany. Duration : 2weeks

Extra curricular :
I play piano and participated in various cultural events at Hyundai
I read lots of business books
I like working on social issues during my free time and presented several papers with innovative solutions.

I have given GMAT twice and second time I scored even less. Not sure if I can improve on my 3rd attempt.

Is the GMAT Score too low to apply for B-Schools like HEC,ESADE and ISB?

Looking forward for the valuable feedback !
Thank you .

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hello sjas31,
Thank you for taking your time and giving a valuable feedback.

I’m working at Hyundai’s R&D department. My job scope is to improve the design to enhance the profitability, quality and ease of assembly. Apart from regular work, I have generated many innovative ideas to improve the quality of a part. During this process, I have achieved 5 patents (highest in the department) and published innovative technical studies at various international conferences.

I am planning to retake GMAT in the month of October and apply in the R3 for Sep 2020 intake i.e on 15th Oct. Can you please provide your opinion ? And may I know why have you suggested me to apply for Jan2021 intake and not Sep 2020 ?

Thanks

HEC & IMD School Moderator
S
Concentration: General Management, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 03:24
Eeshangeel wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
Hi,
You have strong academics and below average GMAT score for HEC. Your overall profile seems interesting. Can you share more info about job description and patents? I would like to know about your MBA goals and what you are interested in?

Applying in 660 will be bit risky. There is no harm in trying once again. Your age is 26 yrs and I believe you have time. You will apply probably for Jan 2021 intake for which the applications will start Jan 2020. If there is no improvement, apply with 660 and make other profile aspects strong. All the best.

Eeshangeel wrote:
Hello everyone ..
Greetings!!

It would be really helpful if someone can evaluate my profile for MBA programme at HEC Paris !

26 Male, Indian
10th - 87%
12th - 93%
BTech- 9.2 CGPA / 10
(Automobile Engineering, SRM University)

GMAT : 660 (Q45, V35)

Work Experience - 46months & continuing..
Working at Hyundai Motors India R&D Center

Languages : English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Korean (basics)

Achievements in Hyundai :
5 Patents (Granted in US, SouthKorea, India & China)
Best innovation award 2018,2016
Best Paper Content Award 2018
Inter company sports badminton winner
Presented various studies at International conferences and also at Hyundai Motors Korea HQ (I was the only one selected from entire department)

Achievements in University :
Best Paper presentation award
Received merit based scholarship(among top 10 in entire department)
Was part of “National champion” formula student team (also participated in Formula student Germany)
3 months internship on Total productive maintenance.

International Exposure :
I interact and work with Koreans on daily basis.
Presented a Technical Paper and handled two projects for a duration of 3 weeks in South Korea.
Participated in a formula student event in Germany. Duration : 2weeks

Extra curricular :
I play piano and participated in various cultural events at Hyundai
I read lots of business books
I like working on social issues during my free time and presented several papers with innovative solutions.

I have given GMAT twice and second time I scored even less. Not sure if I can improve on my 3rd attempt.

Is the GMAT Score too low to apply for B-Schools like HEC,ESADE and ISB?

Looking forward for the valuable feedback !
Thank you .

Hello sjas31,
Thank you for taking your time and giving a valuable feedback.

I’m working at Hyundai’s R&D department. My job scope is to improve the design to enhance the profitability, quality and ease of assembly. Apart from regular work, I have generated many innovative ideas to improve the quality of a part. During this process, I have achieved 5 patents (highest in the department) and published innovative technical studies at various international conferences.

I am planning to retake GMAT in the month of October and apply in the R3 for Sep 2020 intake i.e on 15th Oct. Can you please provide your opinion ? And may I know why have you suggested me to apply for Jan2021 intake and not Sep 2020 ?

Thanks

Hi,
I suggested for Jan 2021 intake to apply in 1st round to have some time for GMAT retake and prepare application calmly. Currently, you have 1 month and it would be bit tough doing both together. It is fine if you have already booked and sure to go for Sep 20 intake.
The technical aspect is interesting but you need to make a story for why you want MBA and why HEC? Your goals are still missing ;)

"Nobody can predict your admit chances unless you apply"
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 03:35
Londinium wrote:
Background: Applying Fall 2020.
Race/nationality: US
Sex: Male

Undergrad school/major: George Mason University, History (3.43 GPA)

Grad School: London School of Economics MSc. International History

GMAT Score: Have yet to take

Work experience and leadership: Have worked in political campaigns extensively ether as an intern or as a full-time employee before going to grad school, including for a high profile state party. I worked as a researcher for three prominent public affairs outfits. While I interned for several think tanks in college and on the Hill for a high profile member of the US Congress as well as for a House committee. I am currently working as a government contractor with a Federal agency. In these roles, I have worked with high-level donors, officials, and dealt with issues/risks impacting business.

Community and Others:
Served as a board member and treasurer of my undergraduate social fraternity's alumni org.
Treasurer for a local political organization
Active in Washington oreign policy networking organizations.

Post-Grad Goal of MBA:
I want to work in energy finance/consulting, focusing on how political and regulatory risks impact this industry. Strong interest in emerging markets and their unique dynamics as well.

Hi,
Your profile is impressive and different. I feel you have a good chance. Try to score near 700 GMAT :)
When are you thinking to apply? Are you considering other schools in Europe and US?

S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 03:43
kuks94 wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

Female, 25 years old, India

Secondary education : 9.4 gpa
Senior Secondary : 81.9%

Graduation :
Bachelors of Architecture
(5 years course including 6 months internship)

College : NIT

CGPA : 7.67

GMAT : 710 (Q49, V 36)

Work Experience : 25 months at Larsen and Toubro
(as on august 2019)
Role : Senior architect

Have taken up more responsibility than is usually awarded at my cadre. Have handled one project in last year and am handling another project on my own as of now.(project values upwards of 100 crores)

Co Curriculars :
1. Regularly volunteer for ngo camps ( elderdly health camps etc)
2. Was part of organizing committees of college fests, department functions, functions in school
3. Was involved in dramatics and debating in school

Why mba ?

I know the technical aspects of a building, from the floor plans to the ventilation system, from the effect it can have on a person to the how livable and sustenable it can be .
I want to able to look at the same built environment from a business/financial/economic point of view also, to be able to have a more cohesive bigger picture.

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device

Hi,
You have amazing academic record and above average GMAT score. Number of work experience year is bit lower and I suggest you to wait a year and then apply. Do you have some international exposure? Why do you think a MBA from HEC can help you achieving your goal? What are your other options apart from sustainable development?

S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 03:54
testtaker2019 wrote:
Hello,

I plan on applying to the college for the September 2020 intake (Round 3). Could you please provide some feedback on my profile?

Basic bio:
- Nationality: Indian

Academic Details (commerce/business administration):
- Grad: BBA (in Finance) - rough calculation of GPA using the WES scale 3.42
- Post Grad: PGDM (in Finance) from a top-15 school in India - rough calculation of GPA using WES scale 3.37
- GMAT: 720 (Q47 V42 IR5 AWA4)

Work experience:
- 3 years with a Big 4. I worked with the Risk Advisory Services team in India. I did process risk assessment for several organizational processes for clients across several industries. I also worked with the senior management in Business Development activities for the India operations of the team.

- 3.5 years (post-PGDM experience) with the Indian arm of a US-based Hedge Fund in the Financial Operations team. I work as a part of the team that serves as a nodal point for internal and external stakeholders.

- While I have managed a couple of small teams for various tasks, I dont have any significant management experience.

International experience:
- In addition to dealing with stakeholders from all over the globe on a daily bases and working as a part of a team spread across various geographies, I also worked at the US office for a period of 4 months.

Extra-Curricular Activities :
- I have been actively involved in sports at school, college and corporate level.
- During my undergrad, I was a part of the strategy club, where I participated and organized in a few management fests.
- During my postgrad, I was a part of the committee dealing with student exchange programmes.
- I have been involved with the CSR groups in both the organizations.
- Currently volunteer at a local zero-funds volunteer organization that works to get surplus food from restaurants and communities to serve the less fortunate.

Post-MBA plans:
- I plan on leveraging my risk advisory/consulting and financial operations experience in landing a strategy consulting job

Reason for (second) MBA:
- Looking for diverse global exposure, and the associated learning that comes with learning, living, working and operating in an global environment
- Need for a more case-based approach to academics to leverage my knowledge
- Greater opportunities in terms of global mobility
- Create a global network to help me achieve my medium-term and long-tern goals
- Be associated with a global college brand

Thanks!

Hi,
Your profile is impressive and it's great to know about you and your goals. I can suggest the below:

1. For the strategy/consulting jobs, it's advisable to know the local language. I am not sure whether you want to move to Europe or would like to continue in India.
2. Case based approach is not so much in HEC... IESE has the highest percentage of case based study in Europe.
3. What other schools you are aiming for? (LBS :angel: ?)

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS '22, HEC '22, NUS '22
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q164 V155

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 11:54
Hey everybody..appreciate your view on candidature for HEC, Paris

Male, 28 Yrs, India

Education:
X - 95%
XII-95%
Undergrad: B-Tech in Chemical Engg. (GPA: 7.3/10 & from Top NIT)
GMAT: 700 (q49, v37)

Work Ex: 64 months

Company-1:
-Started as a production engineer with a major Indian Oil& Gas company and Worked for 2 years in operations/ projects.

Company-2: Working for a major Integrated Energy company in BD/Strategy for the last 3.5 yrs at Corporate & Roles
-Worked in project evaluation roles for High Capex investments (market analysis/viability/Risk profiling/ Fin. modeling)
-Building business cases, stress testing & presenting them to senior Execs
-Worked with/Regular interaction with CXO level execs/ External stakeholders
-2 of the major projects that I've worked on from concept stage were announced recently (> $ 2bn CAPEX)

-Organized cultural/tech fests in college. Not much to brag about
Achievements:
-Academic scholarships throughout my education (except for undergrad & you can see why :( )

Why MBA?
-A global MBA will give me a comprehensive/formal outlook on the various facets of the industry
-I believe that learning from a diversified peer group will definitely shape me for my future endeavors.

Post-MBA plans:
-Work for a PE/VC (1st choice)/ Consulting (energy)
-Leverage this exp. to set up my own recycling venture in India.

(My rationale for my preference of European schools over American schools: Recent trends indicating European PEs/VCs (rather whole industry) leaning towards Environmentally conscious ventures say mfg/ tech etc.. )
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 12:21
sjas31 wrote:
testtaker2019 wrote:
Hello,

I plan on applying to the college for the September 2020 intake (Round 3). Could you please provide some feedback on my profile?

Basic bio:

- Post Grad: PGDM (in Finance) from a top-15 school in India - rough calculation of GPA using WES scale 3.37

Work experience:
- 3 years with a Big 4. I worked with the Risk Advisory Services team in India. I did process risk assessment for several organizational processes for clients across several industries. I also worked with the senior management in Business Development activities for the India operations of the team.

- 3.5 years (post-PGDM experience) with the Indian arm of a US-based Hedge Fund in the Financial Operations team. I work as a part of the team that serves as a nodal point for internal and external stakeholders.

- While I have managed a couple of small teams for various tasks, I dont have any significant management experience.

- In addition to dealing with stakeholders from all over the globe on a daily bases and working as a part of a team spread across various geographies, I also worked at the US office for a period of 4 months.

- I have been actively involved in sports at school, college and corporate level.
- During my undergrad, I was a part of the strategy club, where I participated and organized in a few management fests.
- During my postgrad, I was a part of the committee dealing with student exchange programmes.
- Currently volunteer at a local zero-funds volunteer organization that works to get surplus food from restaurants and communities to serve the less fortunate.

Post-MBA plans:
- I plan on leveraging my risk advisory/consulting and financial operations experience in landing a strategy consulting job

Reason for (second) MBA:
- Looking for diverse global exposure, and the associated learning that comes with learning, living, working and operating in an global environment

Thanks!

Hi,
Your profile is impressive and it's great to know about you and your goals. I can suggest the below:

1. For the strategy/consulting jobs, it's advisable to know the local language. I am not sure whether you want to move to Europe or would like to continue in India.
2. Case based approach is not so much in HEC... IESE has the highest percentage of case based study in Europe.

Thanks, for the details, sjas31!

Well, I am not considering LBS at the moment, however, IESE and IMD are on my list. Any thoughts on those?
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 02:26
himani2093 wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for HEC Paris and suggest what GMAT score should I aim for admission.

Female 25 years old

Academics:-
10th : 9.6 CGPA
12th: 86.4%
BTech - Information Technology -77.8%- Delhi( Tier 2 College)
MA in Psychology- Distance Learning (Completed 1st year, Ongoing)- IGNOU

Work Ex :-
College placement into 2 year Leadership Program
Total Exp : 3 Yrs
Industry : Healthcare
Company : American Conglomerate
Role : After graduating from leadership program, Software Engineer in highest band for that role
Under leadership program, organised several corporate level events with company leadership team throughout the program.
Has been managing the whole leadership program batch of 25 people(colleagues)
Currently core team member for company's Women's Network State Hub which has more than 6 sites.
Lead organizer/SPOC for women's network events

Past Extra Curricular-
Technical Society Treasurer in College
Head of Marketing/Publicity and Finance team for College Technical fest
Organised several events in college
Part of Volunteer activities
House Captain in School
Won several zonal level awards in Badminton & Athletics

Created a startup in college with my brother
Did hard Sales of products in its promotional events
Developed websites' several features
Head of Publicity team
Managed its social media

Also currently learning SEO for friend's website
Helping with the website creatives and designs

Post MBA Goals :- Marketing

Hi,
Indian applicants got admitted with 660 as well. The average score for HEC MBA is 690. Try to get the same or above it.
B.Tech in IT and then MA in Psychology - any specific reason for that?

Marketing for which kind of industry?
Why HEC?
What kind of start-up?

HEC's promotes the 'Women in leadership' and they need to improve their women to men ratio. They are offering more scholarships to women. Obviously, it is not written anywhere but this was told to us in open day at campus :angel:

S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 02:38
testtaker2019 wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
testtaker2019 wrote:
Hello,

Basic bio:

Work experience:

Post-MBA plans:

Reason for (second) MBA:

Thanks!

Hi,

Well, I am not considering LBS at the moment, however, IESE and IMD are on my list. Any thoughts on those?

Hi,
I have visited HEC, IMD and IESE. I did researched about all of them. IMD and HEC are on my top priority list. I got highly positive reviews for IMD compared to HEC from the current students. Even though the HEC's placement cell is weak but they are getting good jobs. So, mixed reviews and you need to find the best for you and your goals.

IMD is all about leadership. Leaders of tomorrow. You need to have a strong professional background. They are highly selective. 'Magic 90' - they call those 90 admitted students. Small campus. Same faculty for MBA, EMBA and other leadership programs.

IESE has brilliant infrastructure and now considered top in Europe by some MBA ranking lists. Case-studies is key differentiator. It should be your No. 1 priority if you want to go for case studies. Costly.

Why don't you consider LBS?

S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 02:46
Raj319 wrote:

Male, 28 Yrs, India

Education:
X - 95%
XII-95%

Company-1:
-Started as a production engineer with a major Indian Oil& Gas company and Worked for 2 years in operations/ projects.

Company-2: Working for a major Integrated Energy company in BD/Strategy for the last 3.5 yrs at Corporate & Roles
-Worked in project evaluation roles for High Capex investments (market analysis/viability/Risk profiling/ Fin. modeling)
-2 of the major projects that I've worked on from concept stage were announced recently (> $ 2bn CAPEX)

Achievements:
-Academic scholarships throughout my education (except for undergrad & you can see why :( )

Why MBA?
-A global MBA will give me a comprehensive/formal outlook on the various facets of the industry
-I believe that learning from a diversified peer group will definitely shape me for my future endeavors.

Post-MBA plans:

(My rationale for my preference of European schools over American schools: Recent trends indicating European PEs/VCs (rather whole industry) leaning towards Environmentally conscious ventures say mfg/ tech etc.. )

Hi,
You got great academics and bit above average GMAT score for HEC. Your profile is interesting and I think you have a good chance. You need to do something about extra curricular. Start now.

When are you thinking to apply? Are you applying to other schools as well?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 03:13
sjas31 wrote:
testtaker2019 wrote:
Hello,

Basic bio:

Work experience:

Post-MBA plans:

Reason for (second) MBA:

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi,
I have visited HEC, IMD and IESE. I did researched about all of them. IMD and HEC are on my top priority list. I got highly positive reviews for IMD compared to HEC from the current students. Even though the HEC's placement cell is weak but they are getting good jobs. So, mixed reviews and you need to find the best for you and your goals.

IMD is all about leadership. Leaders of tomorrow. You need to have a strong professional background. They are highly selective. 'Magic 90' - they call those 90 admitted students. Small campus. Same faculty for MBA, EMBA and other leadership programs.

IESE has brilliant infrastructure and now considered top in Europe by some MBA ranking lists. Case-studies is key differentiator. It should be your No. 1 priority if you want to go for case studies. Costly.

Well, with LBS I am a little concerned about my GMAT being a little sub par for my demographic. So, while i wont be making their round 1 deadline, I might give it a shot in round 2.
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 07:46
testtaker2019 wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
testtaker2019 wrote:
Hello,

Basic bio:

Work experience:

Post-MBA plans:

Reason for (second) MBA:

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi,

Well, with LBS I am a little concerned about my GMAT being a little sub par for my demographic. So, while i wont be making their round 1 deadline, I might give it a shot in round 2.

Don't underestimate 720 ;) The admit depends on overall application and I think you have a chance. I suggest you to apply in round 2.
It's worth trying. All the best.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IE Sept19 Intake
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 09:21
Hi
I am planning to apply for Masters in Management program for the year 2020.

Nationality-Indian
Gender- female
GMAT-650(Q50,V28,IR7,AWA5)
Age-23yrs
Undergraduate- Btech in Computer science
University- Mumbai University
CPI 7.7/10

Work experience-
I have a seven months internship experience in IT
5 months experience of helping in the family business of parmaceutical distribution
Work from home internship for 3 months

Extracurricular-
Worked for 2NGOs.
Participated and worked for various cultural and technical events in College.

languages- English,Hindi and Spanish(basic)

I am planning to apply in round1
Can you please help me to improve my profile and also suggest some other schools for MIM.
THANK YOU.

SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2019, 03:41
Raj319 wrote:

Male, 28 Yrs, India

Education:
X - 95%
XII-95%

Company-1:

Achievements:

Why MBA?

Post-MBA plans:

Raj319
Your experience is good, and if you submit a good application, you should have a chance at HEC.
However, your goals should be clearer. PE/VC is very difficult to break into post MBA, and there are only a handful of applicants who get in. Perhaps talking about consulting/ business development/strategy is a better choice, but we will really need to get into the details of your work experience, understand your motivations before we make suggestions here.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2019, 11:09
testtaker2019 wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
testtaker2019 wrote:
Hello,

Basic bio:

Work experience:

Post-MBA plans:

Reason for (second) MBA:

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi,

Don't underestimate 720 ;) The admit depends on overall application and I think you have a chance. I suggest you to apply in round 2.
It's worth trying. All the best.

Thanks for the inputs! Might also manage to sneak an application into Round 1 at LBS.

I am also considering holding off on applying to HEC until round 3, so that, incase it comes to it, i get all decisions around end-nov to early-dec.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2019, 11:36
Hi,

I currently work in a well known French multinational in the financial services industry though academically I'm an engineer from a top NIT. My undergrad CGPA is 7.39 out of 10.
I scored 730 in gmat (Q50 V39 IR7 AWA5).
My total work experience is 40 months as of now and I have work experiences in London and Paris but only for a few weeks. What are my chances of getting an admit to the HEC Paris?

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS '22, HEC '22, NUS '22
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q164 V155

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 10:44
sjas31 wrote:
Raj319 wrote:

Hi,
You got great academics and bit above average GMAT score for HEC. Your profile is interesting and I think you have a good chance. You need to do something about extracurricular. Start now.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm planning for fall '20 intake. I just applied to ISB R1. But I prefer Europe MBA. LBS/HEC/Oxbridge/IE

I agree that my extracurriculars are a bit on the lower side. The issue is that most of my ex-cur was in college. I was the placement coordinator for my branch. Lead member for a number of clubs and won a lot of competitions

During my prof. career, me and my buddy raised some money to provide basic amenities to a nearby slum. I worked with a local NGO for a year to raise money for elementary schools. But we couldn't raise much. During the same time, I moved away to another city and gradually stopped pursuing it.

I did represent my company in a national competition and won 2nd prize. (I suppose but this comes as work achievement). I am the safety coordinator for my company

I trek, run marathons & read tons of books!
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 00:25
Hi,
Great academics and score. You need to explain about your profile, MBA goals, why HEC?
The information you provided is too little to suggest anything. Please refer to the first page of this forum for the details :)
anuragjain37 wrote:
Hi,

I currently work in a well known French multinational in the financial services industry though academically I'm an engineer from a top NIT. My undergrad CGPA is 7.39 out of 10.
I scored 730 in gmat (Q50 V39 IR7 AWA5).
My total work experience is 40 months as of now and I have work experiences in London and Paris but only for a few weeks. What are my chances of getting an admit to the HEC Paris?

S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 00:31
Raj319 wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
Raj319 wrote:

Hi,
You got great academics and bit above average GMAT score for HEC. Your profile is interesting and I think you have a good chance. You need to do something about extracurricular. Start now.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm planning for fall '20 intake. I just applied to ISB R1. But I prefer Europe MBA. LBS/HEC/Oxbridge/IE

I agree that my extracurriculars are a bit on the lower side. The issue is that most of my ex-cur was in college. I was the placement coordinator for my branch. Lead member for a number of clubs and won a lot of competitions

During my prof. career, me and my buddy raised some money to provide basic amenities to a nearby slum. I worked with a local NGO for a year to raise money for elementary schools. But we couldn't raise much. During the same time, I moved away to another city and gradually stopped pursuing it.

I did represent my company in a national competition and won 2nd prize. (I suppose but this comes as work achievement). I am the safety coordinator for my company

I trek, run marathons & read tons of books!

Hi,
I think you are good to go. The above will be enough to showcase the ability :)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2019, 00:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 207 posts ] 

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sjas31