Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Eksha22 wrote:
Hi!
Please help me evaluate my chances of getting an admit

I’m planning to apply in R1 this year for ISB

23yr, Female

GMAT- 700 (V35 Q50 IR4 AW4)

B.Tech, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, New Delhi (Electrical and Electronics): 7.27 CGPA
12th, Air Force Bal Bharati School, New Delhi(Science): 80%
10th, Sophia Secondary School, Rajasthan: 8.8 CGPA

Work Experience

Analyst in Technology Consultancy at EY (Nov,2020-Present) (28 months of experience by the time class starts)

Worked on 3 different projects for clients of different sectors and different geographical locations.
Worked as a sole resource and handled the entire project alone.
Won a SPOT award for exceptional performance in the engagement
Volunteered in the Covid relief group and helped 100+ families. Received an award for the same.
Introduced a new tool to the team and got certified in it.
Organized a walking challenge with 150+ participants.

Co-founder, DarjiGal (10k followers on Instagram)

Started a apparel business on instagram.
Handled operations.
Had to close in after a few months due to scalability issues.

Created a team of 5 people to organize covid testing/relief drives during the pandemic
Collaborated with Defense research and development organisation to provide free tests and medicines to the people in the surrounding societies, especially the under-privileged.

Posted from my mobile device

Hello Eksha22,

We see a whole lot of merits in your profile - from your achievements at EY to starting your own business (even if it had to be discontinued). If you can bring everything together through a strong narrative, we see you have a good chance of getting an interview call. Of course, we would have liked to see a higher GMAT score as your current score is under the average at ISB.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
How to Use Lead Generation to Increase Your Leads When you think about lead generation, there are many different methods that you can use to reach potential customers. Some are better suited for certain business types than others, but they all share the same goal: to generate new leads. Regardless of which method you choose to use, your efforts will yield results. Here are a few examples of ways to increase your leads: Content marketing One of the most effective ways to increase sales leads is through content marketing. By creating valuable content for your visitors, you can attract new prospects to your website and convert them into customers. This type of marketing can help your company position itself as an industry expert and attract customers at a premium price. It can also increase ROI since leads that trust your brand are more likely to become customers. According to HubSpot, 96% of B2B lead buyers look for high-quality content before speaking to a sales representative. Once you've determined your audience, you can plan out your content marketing strategy for the coming year. It's also a good idea to analyze your competition's content to see what types of content will best convert your leads. The right approach to content marketing for lead generation is to make sure your content is targeted toward your audience's needs and interests. For example, if your target audience is business professionals, then it's likely that they're already familiar with your company and your industry. Paid advertising Paid advertising for lead generation has many benefits. This method uses pay-per-click (PPC) ads to target potential customers. Pay-per-click advertising is one of the most effective forms of paid advertising, as you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. This type of advertising is highly targeted, and offers a higher level of flexibility and value than traditional billboards and television channels. In addition, you can use Facebook and Twitter to broaden your customer base. Paid advertising for lead generation may also be used to create brand awareness and promote special offers or events. Creating a company blog can help engage prospects and foster a connection. Using a blog can also boost your SEO campaign. However, it is imperative to properly write, structure, and promote your blog. Paid advertising, such as pay-per-click (PPC), can help your brand reach a new audience almost instantly. PPC also allows you to reach users who are actively searching for what you have to offer. Social media Using social media for lead generation can be a great way to increase your brand's exposure and reach. You can easily see what your followers are interested in, as well as which content to post when. This will help you to increase your leads and boost sales. There are several different ways you can use social media for lead generation, and it's not difficult to see why it's becoming so popular. Let's take a look at some of them. One of the most popular ways to generate leads through social media is by leveraging Instagram. You can follow millions of people, and one-third of those accounts will follow your business. Instagram also has a new feature called "instagram stories," which allows you to capture customer information. This is a much better way to generate leads than traditional bio links. Plus, people can swipe through your stories instead of clicking through your bio link.

Originally posted by nickmies on 08 Aug 2022, 05:53.
Last edited by nickmies on 18 Aug 2022, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '24
GRE 1: Q166 V160
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Thanks for your insights. I'll defer my plan by another year and work on my profile

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 499
Schools: ISB '24 (D)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GRE 1: Q167 V163
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Following

Send PM
Expert Reply
Akshay1999 wrote:
Class X:9.8
XII:96
UG(Engineering):8.85/10
PG:9.75/10(Integrated course)
Certifications and additional courses: Two Microsoft certifications, Multiple Coursera certifications.
GRE:326(166 Q. 160 V)
Work ex:
12 months in a startup as an Associate developer for a US-based MNC as vendor. Working on SAP and Microsoft Dynamics integrations and another project on Robotic process automation.
Extracurriculars and achievements:
Toastmasters(VP Education) and area Program Quality director where I mentored multiple juniors.
Won city-level quiz competition by Rotary club.
University entrepreneurship development cell members.
Participated in multiple conferences on renewable energy and tech fests.
Won academic achievement awards in school for 10 CGPA in two semesters.

Pls rate my profile for EEO

Hello Akshay1999,

Hope this finds you well.

You have a strong academic background, decent work experience, and fine extra-curricular activities. These are bound to help you strengthen your case. The GRE is a bit under the average (converting to about a 700 on the GMAT). If you can work on improving your GPA by a few points and put forth compelling essays, you will stand a strong chance at making it.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
For ISB YLP
GMAT SCORE: 710
BTech - NSIT
Multiple PORs in college societies
(Director and General Secretary and Founding Member)
3 internships - 1 at a renowned startup and other software internship at a renowned MNC
Multiple Awards in debating and business competitions
An international debate experience

What are my chances at YLP

Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
I believe applying to YLP is only possible through the final year. Are you in your final year?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
We can apply through final or pre final year. I am in my prefinal year

Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
dontknowwho I will suggest you brief your profile a bit more so that experts could analyse it properly.

MananS4G ISBmantra can you provide your insights on the above profile?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Hi,
Requesting a profile review :
10th – 86.67%, 12th – 78%
GMAT- 710, Overall work experience – 7.3 years
Electrical Engg (73.67% first call with distinction) with 2 years of corporate experience at Vespa, as an Area Manager in the after sales department.
Moved on to start my own firm, a multidisciplinary project & brand management boutique agency catering to clients from the political, development & government sectors. In the last 5 years, have worked across all 3 sectors with clients including:
1. State Cabinet Ministers and MLAs – for digital outreach mandates and policy research project management units
2. Urban Local Bodies – for executing state and city wide citizen awareness and outreach campaigns
3. Non profits – for scopes of digital outreach, donor engagement, CSR fundraising, monitoring and evaluation and process reengineering
Send PM
Expert Reply
yashah12 wrote:
Hi,
10th – 86.67%, 12th – 78%
GMAT- 710, Overall work experience – 7.3 years
Electrical Engg (73.67% first call with distinction) with 2 years of corporate experience at Vespa, as an Area Manager in the after sales department.
Moved on to start my own firm, a multidisciplinary project & brand management boutique agency catering to clients from the political, development & government sectors. In the last 5 years, have worked across all 3 sectors with clients including:
1. State Cabinet Ministers and MLAs – for digital outreach mandates and policy research project management units
2. Urban Local Bodies – for executing state and city wide citizen awareness and outreach campaigns
3. Non profits – for scopes of digital outreach, donor engagement, CSR fundraising, monitoring and evaluation and process reengineering

Hi yashah12,

Thanks for writing in.

Good to see a differentiated profile, especially considering your entrepreneurial background and diverse client-handling experience. It is sure to add some very valuable talking points.

We see you have a good chance provided you are able to portray your skills, achievements, and career goals through a set of compelling essays. We would have liked to see more details pertaining to your goals here to assess if they are in place.

Should you feel the need to discuss your profile in greater detail, please feel free to get in touch with us for a profile evaluation session and we will be happy to assist.

All the best!
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi dontknowwho

Your extracurriculars are very strong, especially the leadership positions held. If you have cleared Stage 1 of the YLP program and are looking to apply in Stage 2, then it will be important to present your achievements in your application. I

If you are applying to Stage 1 of the YLP program, academic percentages are vital information apart from your achievements outside the classroom to assess your chances of success.

Kindly register for a free profile evaluation from our in-house expert.

Regards
Team ISBMantra
https://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com

dontknowwho wrote:
For ISB YLP
BTech - NSIT
3 internships - 1 at a renowned startup and other software internship at a renowned MNC

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '24 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
10th – 95%, 12th – 88.4%
GMAT- 690 (Q48 V38 IR6), Overall work experience – ~5 years
Electronics Engg (69.6%) with ~5 years of corporate experience at ZS associates. ZS associates is a consulting firm that works primarily with Pharma companies across globe. I have been involved with 3 different big pharma client across practice areas like incentive compensation, marketing and alignment/sizing.
Currently I am operating as a team lead of a team of 10 personnel while being main POC for client contacts.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
gsgirija4 wrote:
Hi,
10th – 95%, 12th – 88.4%
GMAT- 690 (Q48 V38 IR6), Overall work experience – ~5 years
Electronics Engg (69.6%) with ~5 years of corporate experience at ZS associates. ZS associates is a consulting firm that works primarily with Pharma companies across globe. I have been involved with 3 different big pharma client across practice areas like incentive compensation, marketing and alignment/sizing.
Currently I am operating as a team lead of a team of 10 personnel while being main POC for client contacts.

You've not mentioned anything about your goals.

With your profile and GMAT, you need to be extremely careful and thorough with your essays.
--
Ashish.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Hi All,
10th -77.4% Cbse
12th - 82% cbse
B.tech(ECE) - 65.6%...year 2013
Working in Central board of indirect taxes and customs since 2016..selected in batch 2014 as Tax Assistant...
Extra Curricular- National certificate in powerlifting, west zone certificate in discuss throw,Youtube channel with 57k subscribers....
What should be my target Gmat score for Isb, IIMs.

Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ritingupta2010 wrote:
Hi All,
10th -77.4% Cbse
12th - 82% cbse
B.tech(ECE) - 65.6%...year 2013
Working in Central board of indirect taxes and customs since 2016..selected in batch 2014 as Tax Assistant...
Extra Curricular- National certificate in powerlifting, west zone certificate in discuss throw,Youtube channel with 57k subscribers....
What should be my target Gmat score for Isb, IIMs.

Hello ritingupta2010,

Thanks for writing in.

Details with regard to your achievements at work as well as your career goals are not present in your post.

While no score can guarantee an interview call, generally speaking, you should aim for a score in excess of 710 to have a competitive chance; needless to say, the higher the better.

All the best!
Send PM
Expert Reply
dontknowwho wrote:
For ISB YLP
BTech - NSIT

Hello dontknowwho,

Thanks for writing in.

How you performed at college, academically is not mentioned in your post. Assuming you did decently well, and the fact that you also participated in a number of activities beyond core academics is going to give you a good chance. The internship experience is also value-adding; of course, a lot will depend on how you bring together everything in the application through your essays.

For a detailed profile evaluation, please feel free to reach out to us.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  259   260   261   262   263  ...  307