Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 00:53 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 00:53
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
AnkitNandwani wrote:
Hi, can someone please evaluate my profile for ISB co24?

GMAT: Yet to attempt (Official mock ~690, aiming for a 700+ score)

Class 10th - 10 CGPA CBSE
Class 12th - 92.2% CBSE
Undergraduation:
B.Tech in Production Engineering & Honors in Mech. Engineering (PEC University, Chandigarh - 2018 (Tier 1))
9.01/10 CGPA (Department Rank 2)

Work Ex
Total 4 Years
2.5 Years in Management Consulting (ZS Associates - Left ZS as an Associate Consultant, led multiple projects)
1.5 Years in a Series A funded startup as a Product Manager (Joined when the company had 6 Employees, now we are at 100 Employees)

Extra Curricular:
Class 8th
Attended district cricket camp
Under-grad:
Part of Photography and music club
Performed in different events as a singer/guitarist
Active part of NSS (Made short films to create awareness, organized blood donation camps)
Recent:
Part of NGO called We Initiate (Organized multiple events like a city level health checkup camp, cloth donation drive, etc.)

AnkitNandwani GMAT score would play an important role in strengthening your candidacy at ISB in addition to a well-founded personal narrative for goals in the short and long term. You have a good academic background. ISB sees a lot of pre-MBA consultants applying to the program and ZS is a big feeder of this trend along with MBB and tier 2/boutique consulting firms. So your competition will be fierce from within this cohort and you will have to execute your application well to stand out. Your professional recommendations will also need to be exemplary. Your stint at the early state start-up looks interesting. I am sure you would have stories demonstrating your exceptional team building and problem solving skills at this start up.

Best wishes
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
PavanGPrabhu wrote:
Hello,

Kindly help me evaluate my profile for ISB - Round 2 application for AY 2023-24

I am 26 years old and have a work experience of 3.5+ years which includes the following:
- Aug 2018 - Aug 2019 - Franchise Owner of a very renowned premium milkshakes brand. My store was located in Hyderabad and after a profitable run for a year.
- Sept 2019 - Aug 2020 - Business and Product Development Executive at an Augmented Reality startup. I intricately contributed to the launch of the MVP version of the platform (just launched beta version when I had joined in Sept 2019)
- Sept 2020 - Feb 2022 - Product Executive at a Pharmaceutical organization in which I contributed significantly to the growth of the brands under my supervision, the division and the company as a whole (2 products with over 300% growth in sales, also started a digital marketing division for the company and hired the required professionals).
- In the meantime, I also started my own brand of premium milkshakes in Feb 2021 to cater to the corporate cafeteria space. Tied up with a couple of companies in this space and did very well (although faced competition from well established vendors, we were the highest rated vendor), although Covid halted further expansion. Getting back into business shortly :)

10th grade - 9.4 CGPA - CBSE
12th grade - 60% - CBSE
B.Pharmacy - 60%
GMAT Score - Aiming for 720+. Exam is due in the end of August. Scored a 620 a week ago with 2 weeks of prep.

1. Will applying in the second round hinder my chances of getting into ISB ?
2. Will my varied profile and non-engineering background give me an added advantage ?
3. I see quite a few people adding experience working for NGOs and similar causes. Since I do not have such experience, will it prove disadvantageous?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PavanGPrabhu

1. Will applying in the second round hinder my chances of getting into ISB?

If you come strong with your application and GMAT in R2, you will not be at a disadvantage given that you have an unconventional background and lots of business experience. I see a lot of potential in your profile, but the success of it would come down to how well you tie the narrative together (your career decisions, risk-taking abilities, entrepreneurial mindset, and so on).

2. Will my varied profile and non-engineering background give me an added advantage?

Absolutely. B Schools in India try very hard to bring diversity to the cohorts which are mostly dominated by engineers.

3. I see quite a few people adding experience working for NGOs and similar causes. Since I do not have such experience, will it prove disadvantageous?

Pursuing volunteering and community initiatives is a sign of a well-rounded personality. But a lack of such activities on your CV does not necessarily reckon a weak personality development. There may have been several other mundane moments when you would have gone out of your way to help someone in need. Recalling such instances where you touched lives in a meaningful way would make your application strong. Also list all the ECs you may have taken part in such as sports, event organization, in-office initiatives etc that showcase extraversion.

Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to know my chances for ISB EEO call. Please help me evaluate my profile.

23, Female

Academics :
Class X : 10 CGPA
Class XII : 92%
Undergraduation : B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from VIT, Vellore
Undergrad CGPA : 9.24
GRE : 319

Work Experience:
1 month Tech Summer Internship at Accenture during undergrad
Currently a Technology Analyst/Application Developer at Citibank, working in Risk and Compliance Management team - 15 months of experience while applying for EEO - Undertook some initiatives and also mentored summer interns for their project

Achievements:
Academic Award - VIT Merit Scholarship Recipient for Academic Performance 3 years in a row
Best poster Award in college for Animal Cruelty and Prevention awareness.
Professional Award- Citi gratitude award for successful implementation and delivery of a complicated project

Extracurricular :
Executive member of VIT Student Council
Member of a startup club in college , helped organize various startup events and competitions
Member of a NGO club in college ,organized various social awareness events and taught English/Math to underprivileged children of orphanages near Vellore area
Worked in Publicity and Marketing team for VIT's cultural fest
During COVID, worked for Digital Literacy in a rural area
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hello accessdenied2,

Hope you are doing well.

Below is my take on your profile:

GRE: Average -319 is just par score as far as EEO is concerned.

Academics: Above Average; the high GPA will in some way counter your lower GRE score

Work Experience: The combo of technology & credit risk management is very relevant in today’s context where a lot of startups are trying to figure out alternate data and analyze it to gauge the risk profile of customers to determine their creditworthiness. You will have to show a bigger picture of how your work with a global organization such as CITI can be valuable to less established firms.

Extracurriculars: Among all the stints you have mentioned, one that stands out per me is your work to promote Digital literacy in rural parts of India. This is a place where you can demonstrate how you combined your experience and passion for a cause.

Something that is not very evident: Your leadership experience is not coming out prominently in the write-up. Adcoms understand that with only 12 months of experience, you potentially won’t have got a lot of managerial / team leading experience in a big organization such as CITI. However, they want to see some initiatives you have taken to go beyond the call of duty at the professional or personal front. They want to gauge whether you have the ‘potential’ or not.

I would recommend you to jot down the most significant personal and professional leadership stints you have undertaken and the impact you were able to create because of them. From that list, narrow down on 1-2 stints and create compelling stories around them within the framework of WHY-WHAT-HOW.

I am an ISB alum, CO15, and have guided hundreds of applicants get into global business schools. Please feel free to reach out to me in case you want a more detailed discussion.

Best of luck
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1600 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
accessdenied2 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to know my chances for ISB EEO call. Please help me evaluate my profile.

23, Female

Academics :

Work Experience:
Currently a Technology Analyst/Application Developer at Citibank, working in Risk and Compliance Management team - 15 months of experience while applying for EEO - Undertook some initiatives and also mentored summer interns for their project

Achievements:
Academic Award - VIT Merit Scholarship Recipient for Academic Performance 3 years in a row
Professional Award- Citi gratitude award for successful implementation and delivery of a complicated project

Extracurricular :
Member of a startup club in college , helped organize various startup events and competitions
Member of a NGO club in college ,organized various social awareness events and taught English/Math to underprivileged children of orphanages near Vellore area

The rest of your profile is quite good, including your GPA, but the GRE lets you down a bit. Try and increase that by 3+ points to be more competitive.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 240
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.95
WE:Real Estate (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

I am CA with 3 years of work-ex in financial due diligence profile.
I dont have much in extra curricular activity, except for being a part of NGO for last 2 years, and nor do I have early promotion or awards which will help me show spike in my career.

Can someone please suggest a safe GMAT score to get a good chance at being selected in ISB - Round 2.
I am currently not scoring that great on mocks and have to give GMAT by October.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Rickooreo,

Coming from a non-engineering background gives some sort of uniqueness to your profile. You will need to categorically bring across how your experience will help others in your cohort (Note: Most of them will be from engineering/software development backgrounds without much of knowledge finance principles) and score in excess of 690 to get a realistic shot at ISB PGP.

Cheers and best of luck!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1600 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Rickooreo wrote:
Hi,

I dont have much in extra curricular activity, except for being a part of NGO for last 2 years, and nor do I have early promotion or awards which will help me show spike in my career.

Can someone please suggest a safe GMAT score to get a good chance at being selected in ISB - Round 2.
I am currently not scoring that great on mocks and have to give GMAT by October.

Its difficult to comment without specific details on your work and goals, but broadly a 700+ is always a good target, and the higher the better.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rickooreo wrote:
Hi,

Hello Rickooreo,

Thanks for your query.

You have not particularly shared a detailed update on your achievements or responsibilities at work. Besides, in the absence of promotions, awards, and any major extra-curricular activity, it would be worth having a good GMAT score. Therefore, you should aim for a score of 720; the higher the better.

All the best!
Send PM
Expert Reply
AnkitNandwani wrote:
Hi, can someone please evaluate my profile for ISB co24?

GMAT: Yet to attempt (Official mock ~690, aiming for a 700+ score)

Class 10th - 10 CGPA CBSE
Class 12th - 92.2% CBSE
Undergraduation:
B.Tech in Production Engineering & Honors in Mech. Engineering (PEC University, Chandigarh - 2018 (Tier 1))
9.01/10 CGPA (Department Rank 2)

Work Ex
Total 4 Years
2.5 Years in Management Consulting (ZS Associates - Left ZS as an Associate Consultant, led multiple projects)
1.5 Years in a Series A funded startup as a Product Manager (Joined when the company had 6 Employees, now we are at 100 Employees)

Extra Curricular:
Class 8th
Attended district cricket camp
Under-grad:
Part of Photography and music club
Performed in different events as a singer/guitarist
Active part of NSS (Made short films to create awareness, organized blood donation camps)
Recent:
Part of NGO called We Initiate (Organized multiple events like a city level health checkup camp, cloth donation drive, etc.)

Hello AnkitNandwani,

Hope this finds you well.

The strong academic performance during undergrad, fine professional experience complete with leadership exposure, as well as decent extra-curricular activities make your case a strong one. Unfortunately, you have not added details pertaining to your career aspiration so we are unable to really comment on whether your profile is coming together as a whole.

A set of strong essays that adequately represent the strengths of your career thus far, and a GMAT in excess of 710 will give you a competitive chance at getting an interview call from ISB.

All the best!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
neelampatel wrote:
Hey all,
Please evaluate my profile.

Education
Btech - 6.1, IIT Kanpur
GMAT - 700

Work ex
1. 6 months as a product manager at icici Lombard
2. 2 years as a cofounder/ceo at an agritech startup. Raised 100K USD. Built a team of 14 people and achieved a GMV of 150K USD within 8 months of launch.
3. Will be joining a VC firm from next month.

extra curriculars
1. Captain of my institute's volleyball team. Won a lot of medals at national level sports competitions
2. Had been a member of core team of a college fest which has a footfall of >2000 students.

Thanks

Overall, a nice profile. Working on your startup and getting a VC job now works to your advantage. A few things to keep in mind, though: while your undergraduate GPA is lower, you should ideally make up for it with a GMAT score that is above average. Therefore, if you can, strive to increase by 20 points. If not, it is not the end of the world.
Given that you have previously gone through the start-up process and are joining a VC firm, the goals must be properly considered. If you want to return to entrepreneurship, you must decide when, and if you want to stay in the VC industry, you must decide whether it makes sense to apply the following year so that you may have a strong 1.5 years of VC experience before beginning your MBA.
You should apply when you are ready and when it makes more sense from a mid-long term viewpoint, but in my opinion, it's never too late to begin your journey.
It is much more about what you would gain from attending the school than merely getting accepted.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
Send PM
Expert Reply
accessdenied2 wrote:
Hi everyone,

23, Female

Academics :

Work Experience:

Achievements:

Extracurricular :

Hello accessdenied2,

Your academic background and extra-curricular activities look fine. The mentoring experience at Citibank also helps showcase some bit of leadership potential. However, we would encourage you to work on improving your GRE score as the same lies below the average at ISB.

Good luck!
Send PM
Expert Reply
PGPJr wrote:
Hello,

Kindly help me evaluate my profile for ISB - Round 2 application for AY 2023-24

I am 26 years old and have a work experience of 3.5+ years which includes the following:
- Aug 2018 - Aug 2019 - Franchise Owner of a very renowned premium milkshakes brand. My store was located in Hyderabad and after a profitable run for a year.
- Sept 2019 - Aug 2020 - Business and Product Development Executive at an Augmented Reality startup. I intricately contributed to the launch of the MVP version of the platform (just launched beta version when I had joined in Sept 2019)
- Sept 2020 - Feb 2022 - Product Executive at a Pharmaceutical organization in which I contributed significantly to the growth of the brands under my supervision, the division and the company as a whole (2 products with over 300% growth in sales, also started a digital marketing division for the company and hired the required professionals).
- In the meantime, I also started my own brand of premium milkshakes in Feb 2021 to cater to the corporate cafeteria space. Tied up with a couple of companies in this space and did very well (although faced competition from well established vendors, we were the highest rated vendor), although Covid halted further expansion. Getting back into business shortly :)

10th grade - 9.4 CGPA - CBSE
12th grade - 60% - CBSE
B.Pharmacy - 60%
GMAT Score - Aiming for 720+. Exam is due in the end of August. Scored a 620 a week ago with 2 weeks of prep.

1. Will applying in the second round hinder my chances of getting into ISB ?
2. Will my varied profile and non-engineering background give me an added advantage ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello PGPJr,

Here is a response to each of your questions:

1. No, applying to the second round will not hinder your chances. When it comes to ISB, largely both rounds give you an equal chance. Apply when you feel most ready.
2. Yes, your differentiated profile will help to an extent. However, you definitely need to work on how you will bring the same out through your essays and link it very logically with your goals.
3. It is best to focus on what you have and what you can control. NGO experience is a sort of extra-curricular activity. While extra-curricular activities are important, having NGO experience is not the only thing that is needed, especially if it is just another talking point. If you have other pointers that help showcase you as someone who has a holistic candidature, it works. However, you definitely need to work on achieving your target score. That is practically the most important point you need to take care of.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '24
GRE 1: Q166 V160
GPA: 3.8
Send PM