Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:53 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32056 [0]
Given Kudos: 291
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 1212
Concentration: General Management, Economics
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619931 [0]
Given Kudos: 81630
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Data Insights Question of the Day [#permalink]
Bunuel wrote:
Data Sufficiency Butler: March 2024
March 18DS 1DS 2

DS1-C, DS2-D
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
March 19DS 1DS 2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Bunuel wrote:
March 19DS 1DS 2

I believe it is DS1-C,DS2-C
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Bunuel wrote:
March 19DS 1DS 2

DS 1 - C
DS 2 - E
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Any tips to manage time in the DI section, I’m always running out of time before reaching the data sufficiency questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
Watch this video on how to manage time for DI, found this super helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7dMzqS ... l=GMATClub
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hello. I am not able to solve all the verbal questions in given time so I read on one of the posts, that you can skip the 3rd passage. But by following this strategy, my score is not going beyond 77 - 78 (i.e. 35 to 38th percentile). Other than 1 passage I am making 3 to 4 mistakes on overall test. Does marking 3 questions wrong consecutively hamper your score a lot? How many questions can you mark incorrect at the most to reach atleast V80?
And same is the case with DI. I am planning to skip MSR questions coz those are time consuming, but again 3 questions wrong in a row. Coz MSR quests are always asked back to back.
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
March 20
DS 1
DS 2­
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
March 20DS 1DS 2
­
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JRutuja wrote:
Hello. I am not able to solve all the verbal questions in given time so I read on one of the posts, that you can skip the 3rd passage. But by following this strategy, my score is not going beyond 77 - 78 (i.e. 35 to 38th percentile). Other than 1 passage I am making 3 to 4 mistakes on overall test. Does marking 3 questions wrong consecutively hamper your score a lot? How many questions can you mark incorrect at the most to reach atleast V80? And same is the case with DI. I am planning to skip MSR questions coz those are time consuming, but again 3 questions wrong in a row. Coz MSR quests are always asked back to back.

tbh we can’t generalize a particular number of qns to get incorrect to score v80 cuz it varies when it comes to difficulty level. I’d really recommend you improve on timing and try to get to 1.5 mins per RC qn (ofc reading the passage will prolly take like 2-3mins but eventually after solving the qnsit averages) and 2mins per CR qn.
Trust me, even I struggled like anything with timing on Verbal. Like i knew the concepts but was always held back bcoz of timing. I really recommend you practice with time constraints after you’re done learning all the concepts.
For the first read of the passage, try to skim through and get an overall idea of the passage and overall idea of each paragraph and why its there and don’t bother with knowing all the particular details. When you’re tackling the qns, you’ll know where the details are and which portion so refer back to it when answering qns.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Technology, Other
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
JRutuja wrote:
Hello. I am not able to solve all the verbal questions in given time so I read on one of the posts, that you can skip the 3rd passage. But by following this strategy, my score is not going beyond 77 - 78 (i.e. 35 to 38th percentile). Other than 1 passage I am making 3 to 4 mistakes on overall test. Does marking 3 questions wrong consecutively hamper your score a lot? How many questions can you mark incorrect at the most to reach atleast V80? And same is the case with DI. I am planning to skip MSR questions coz those are time consuming, but again 3 questions wrong in a row. Coz MSR quests are always asked back to back.

One of the issues when you wish to skip a RC is the number of questions for that particular passage. It could 3 to 5 questions. If its 5 questions , and if they are of medium difficulty, then we can loose big.

I also find it difficult to finish verbal section in time. I used to attend the 1st passage regardless of time or difficulty, then I tried mark for review, any passage which felt difficult(be it 2nd or 3rd). When marking and reviewing i had a quick glance on the type of questions and number of questions. You can try this instead of blindly skipping 3rd passage. You would also be in a better state of mind if you see more time remaining on the clock. All the best
Intern
Intern
Send PM
honeslty i feel like timing in gmat focus verbal is more brutal than classic gmat. We had the SC qns taking so little time to balance out the others.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kakarot10 wrote:
I also find it difficult to finish verbal section in time. I used to attend the 1st passage regardless of time or difficulty, then I tried mark for review, any passage which felt difficult(be it 2nd or 3rd). When marking and reviewing i had a quick glance on the type of questions and number of questions. You can try this instead of blindly skipping 3rd passage. You would also be in a better state of mind if you see more time remaining on the clock. All the best

Ohh yes.. this can be tried. Thankyou.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: NUS
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How is the difficult level of next questions affected when the previous question is marked for review? If I mark all 3 MSR questions for review and come back to those at the end... will this reduce the overall difficulty level of my section?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I wonder the same
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55  ...  68   
Moderators:
Math Expert