Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [18]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Alright, MIT 2017 application thread online too. Nice going Narenn!

How come I feel like I am going to be seeing a lot of you these next few months!? :)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
TopDogMBA wrote:
Alright, MIT 2017 application thread online too. Nice going Narenn!

How come I feel like I am going to be seeing a lot of you these next few months!? :)

:-D :lol:

Good Luck!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Next few months are going to suck badly. Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi Narenn & Topdogmba. I get to see you guys here too.

Best of luck to us all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
In for R1. Reapplicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
R1!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: MBA Application Essays Revealed
I am excited to announce our MBA essay questions for the 2014-2015 MBA application:

Essay 1:  The mission of the MIT Sloan School of Management is to develop principled, innovative leaders who improve the world and to generate ideas that advance management practice. Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples from your past work and activities. (500 words or fewer)

Essay 2:  Write a professional letter of recommendation on behalf of yourself.  Answer the following questions as if you were your most recent supervisor recommending yourself for admission to the MIT Sloan MBA Program: (750 words or fewer)

• How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
  • How does the applicant stand out from others in a similar capacity?
  • Please give an example of the applicant’s impact on a person, group, or organization.
  • Please give a representative example of how the applicant interacts with other people.
  • Which of the applicant’s personal or professional characteristics would you change?
  • Please tell us anything else you think we should know about this applicant.
Essay writing is a reflective process, and one that our Admissions Team takes very seriously.  We do not believe in only using numbers and standardized test scores to build our incoming classes.  I am releasing these questions early in hopes that you will find some time to think carefully about your past experiences. We evaluate your responses using a behavioral-based assessment process and encourage you to share specific past examples of what you said, did or thought in a given situation.

Keep in mind that these essays are designed for our Admissions Team to get to know you better. There is no right or wrong answer – how you choose to respond is completely up to you. For both essays, please remember to draw upon experiences that have occurred within the past three years. We will be posting application tips throughout the summer, so be on the lookout for more helpful hints! I anticipate our online application will go live at the end of July – so stay tuned.

It is an honor and a privilege for the admissions team to review your essays and your completed applications.  We look forward to receiving them!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
newsSloan wrote:
[rss2posts title="Sloan Admissions Blog" title_url="https://mitsloanadmissions.com/2014/06/13/mba-application-essays-revealed/" sub_title="MBA Application Essays Revealed"]I am excited to announce our MBA essay questions for the 2014-2015 MBA application:

Essay 1:  The mission of the MIT Sloan School of Management is to develop principled, innovative leaders who improve the world and to generate ideas that advance management practice. Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples from your past work and activities. (500 words or fewer)

Essay 2:  Write a professional letter of recommendation on behalf of yourself.  Answer the following questions as if you were your most recent supervisor recommending yourself for admission to the MIT Sloan MBA Program: (750 words or fewer)

• How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
  • How does the applicant stand out from others in a similar capacity?
  • Please give an example of the applicant’s impact on a person, group, or organization.
  • Please give a representative example of how the applicant interacts with other people.
  • Which of the applicant’s personal or professional characteristics would you change?
  • Please tell us anything else you think we should know about this applicant.
Essay writing is a reflective process, and one that our Admissions Team takes very seriously.  We do not believe in only using numbers and standardized test scores to build our incoming classes.  I am releasing these questions early in hopes that you will find some time to think carefully about your past experiences. We evaluate your responses using a behavioral-based assessment process and encourage you to share specific past examples of what you said, did or thought in a given situation.

Keep in mind that these essays are designed for our Admissions Team to get to know you better. There is no right or wrong answer – how you choose to respond is completely up to you. For both essays, please remember to draw upon experiences that have occurred within the past three years. We will be posting application tips throughout the summer, so be on the lookout for more helpful hints! I anticipate our online application will go live at the end of July – so stay tuned.

It is an honor and a privilege for the admissions team to review your essays and your completed applications.  We look forward to receiving them!

Hats off to MIT Sloan for getting the new essay prompts out in good time!

I'm really enjoying thinking through the second question. I guess it helps them assess your self-awareness whilst makes it more obvious to spot those who "assist" their recommenders :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Send PM