Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3132 [1]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3132 [1]
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3132 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Urbana-Champaign MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Reserved

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Urbana-Champaign MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Why is this thread so silent? Early round is over and nobody applied yet?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
I need to know how long does it take for the Illinios adcom to invite for an interview. Do they wait until the respective round deadlines to release their decisions, or is it within 2 or 3 weeks of submission of the application?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
NM7 wrote:
I need to know how long does it take for the Illinios adcom to invite for an interview. Do they wait until the respective round deadlines to release their decisions, or is it within 2 or 3 weeks of submission of the application?

They wait for the deadline to release their decision. When did you submit your app?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM

Announcement: Live Chat with Gies College of Business Adcoms

Hi Guys, We are thrilled to announce that Gies College of Business admissions will be conducting a live chat session for prospective applicants on GMATClub. In this chat, adcoms will dialogue with applicants in the chat room and answer their questions about the MBA program. Let us all utilize this opportunity to interact with adcoms and get our questions answered.

Presenter:
Mandy Chapman, Associate Director, Recruiting & Admissions, Business Graduate Programs.

Date & Time: Wednesday, December 4, 2017; 10:00 am-11:00 am CST ( 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST)
Join Link: GMATClub Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Why is this thread still so silent? Didn't anybody apply in the early round or the first round??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Hello All,

I have a 650 on GMAT (Q43 and V37). Is it advisable for me to apply to UIUC for an MBA? Below are my profile details :-

Qualification :- Bachelors of Engineering (BE) and Master of Science (MS) -- both First Class degrees, Full time from Indian Universities
Work Ex :- 4.5+ in a reputed IT firm. Working as a Senior Engineer now.

Waiting to get my TOEFL scores.

Kindly let me know if I could give a shot with this profile. Have I got any fair chances for a seat and/or a scholarship ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Kishore
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Any update on your application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone received the interview invitation for Round 2(DDL-Jan.15)? Does UIUC release the interview invitations on a rolling basis or release them all at a time?

I submitted my application on Jan.13 and have not received any invitation yet.....

(GMAT 730 GPA 3.35 )
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mecheniren wrote:

Nope.

I submitted on Jan.13 (round 2 ddl Jan.15) and have not received any invitations yet...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnnJiang wrote:
Has anyone received the interview invitation for Round 2(DDL-Jan.15)? Does UIUC release the interview invitations on a rolling basis or release them all at a time?

I submitted my application on Jan.13 and have not received any invitation yet.....

(GMAT 730 GPA 3.35 )

Interview invites are on rolling basis.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnnJiang wrote:
mecheniren wrote:

Nope.

I submitted on Jan.13 (round 2 ddl Jan.15) and have not received any invitations yet...

I was interviewed on Jan 30, and received my admission offer yesterday.
Happy Friday it was!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All:

Anyone else with an admission offer?
Let's connect!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Received the interview invitation this morning.

Round 2.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 510 Q28 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Hi, I have got my interview today with Mr. Tad Brinkerhoff. Any tips and a list of questions that he might ask would be much appreciated. Thank you! :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
obiwankanobi wrote:
Hi, I have got my interview today with Mr. Tad Brinkerhoff. Any tips and a list of questions that he might ask would be much appreciated. Thank you! :)

All the best for your interview. :-) :thumbup:
I have mine scheduled on 1st March. Would be really helpful if you could share your experience after the interview.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 510 Q28 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
SrishtiVJ wrote:
obiwankanobi wrote:

All the best for your interview. :-) :thumbup:
I have mine scheduled on 1st March. Would be really helpful if you could share your experience after the interview.

Thanks!

Hey, yeah it went well. Mr. Brinkerhoff is extremely polite, and you won't feel nervy at all whilst having a chat with him. Questions were pretty basic:
Why MBA? Why do you want to switch careers?
What would you bring to the table?
What would you want to learn from your MBA classmates?
What is your Plan B, if your short-term career goal doesn't pan out the way you envision it?
Long-term goal: why, how, what.
Had a bit of chat about my GMAT, and choosing an international location for further studies.

I think you'll be fine if you have gone through your resume and through the various facilities that Gies has on course.

Good luck mate, let the people out here know how it went. And, of course, may the force be with you!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts