Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
hello all
I am a 4rth year BTech student. I would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile For ISB early entry option(EEO) and answer my follow up questions.

-------------Acads-------------
10th:- 82% CBSE
12th:- 89% CBSE (Computer Science School Topper 99%)
Btech(Computer Science) :- 73% USIT college(Private) -- University:-GGSIPU-- (Tier 2 college i think)
GMAT:-720

----------Work Experience--------
1) Done an internship in a Very Well reputed government organization (confidential). Here I Lead a team of 10 members to build one of their main project which is live now.
The project was their Website and android app.
2) Done another internship in DRDO, Nagpur. Here again, lead a team of 4 members to completion of a project.
The project was the software which was later put to use by civil engineers

-----------Extra Cocurricular/ Achievement-----------
1) Won Internship through a hackathon which was organized at national level. there were 1200 teams out of which my who won.
2) Got into top 10 positions in another national level hackathon out of 130 teams.
3) I am a four-star coder at Codechef.
4) Secured 1st rank out of 30 participants in hackathon contest in college.
5) Was a headhunter(Recruiter) for a club in my college.
6) Organised people in Various college events like fests and sports events.

-----------Goal-----------
Sub Goal 1:- To get into product management line in reputed Company
Sub Goal 2:- After Working for few years in Product management line build my own product or service company.

-----To do for next one year---
1) Join Toast Master Club
2) Joining an IT product Company

-------My questions-------
assuming I wrote an average level essay and have an average level recommendations
1) Is my profile on the strong side (please rate out of 10)?
2) What should I add to my todo list, to make my profile irresistible for Adcomm?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
streetcode wrote:
hello all
I am a 4rth year BTech student. I would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile For ISB early entry option(EEO) and answer my follow up questions.

-------------Acads-------------
10th:- 82% CBSE
12th:- 89% CBSE (Computer Science School Topper 99%)
Btech(Computer Science) :- 73% USIT college(Private) -- University:-GGSIPU-- (Tier 2 college i think)
GMAT:-720

----------Work Experience--------
1) Done an internship in a Very Well reputed government organization (confidential). Here I Lead a team of 10 members to build one of their main project which is live now.
The project was their Website and android app.
2) Done another internship in DRDO, Nagpur. Here again, lead a team of 4 members to completion of a project.
The project was the software which was later put to use by civil engineers

-----------Extra Cocurricular/ Achievement-----------
1) Won Internship through a hackathon which was organized at national level. there were 1200 teams out of which my who won.
2) Got into top 10 positions in another national level hackathon out of 130 teams.
3) I am a four-star coder at Codechef.
4) Secured 1st rank out of 30 participants in hackathon contest in college.
5) Was a headhunter(Recruiter) for a club in my college.
6) Organised people in Various college events like fests and sports events.

-----------Goal-----------
Sub Goal 1:- To get into product management line in reputed Company
Sub Goal 2:- After Working for few years in Product management line build my own product or service company.

-----To do for next one year---
1) Join Toast Master Club
2) Joining an IT product Company

-------My questions-------
assuming I wrote an average level essay and have an average level recommendations
1) Is my profile on the strong side (please rate out of 10)?
2) What should I add to my todo list, to make my profile irresistible for Adcomm?

1. It seems your profile is very strong in technical side. You have to work really hard on question like why MBA?
2. There is nothing like irresistible to Adcom :P. But you can really start preparing essays and add some extra curricular.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can you please explain how i could improve my profile ?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4560 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
Hi streetcode,

For profile evaluation, please post in Ask Admission Consultants section.
They would love to evaluate your profile and give you advice on what to do to improve it.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB/IIM-B

4 Years of IT Experience .
B-Tech in Electronics and Communication with 67-68% Pune university
10th- 84% CBSE
12th - 79% CBSE
GMAT- 720

Thanks
Priyanka
Send PM
Expert Reply
Priyanka8793 wrote:
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB/IIM-B

4 Years of IT Experience .
B-Tech in Electronics and Communication with 67-68% Pune university
10th- 84% CBSE
12th - 79% CBSE
GMAT- 720

Thanks
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka8793,

Thanks for sharing all the details.

The good news is that your GMAT looks in good shape and is a notch above the ISB average and this will definitely work for you :)
Having said the above, with a typical IT profile, a lot will also depend on how you are able to differentiate your profile from the rest of the applicant pool - through achievements, leadership experience, extra-curricular and so on. Since you haven't shared any of these details with us, it will be difficult for us to evaluate the same.

To add to the above, you will also need to focus on projecting a set of career goals that seamlessly align with your profile :)

If you are able to take care of the above, things look good for you. However, should you feel the need for a free profile evaluation in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to us. Of course, please do provide us some more information pertaining to your profile.

All the best! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: IIM-A"19 IIMA
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q160 V157
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Dear Sir,

Please find the below snapshot of my profile and attached resume for profile evaluation

I have passed B.E degree in E&TC from North Maharashtra University in 2010& I have average academics in 10th ,12th 65 % & B.E with 58 % agg.(However being the toughest university it grades only on final year marks,so i have first class degree) .I have attached my resume for your reference but it does not cover all the aspect of my career journey. I have experience in Sales And Marketing as well apart from tendering ,project designing, purchase, project management and site related activity in Energy/Infrastructure with lot of mediocre & start up company(started even one for myself but it failed due to partner disagreement) . I have score of 700 in GMAT and post MBA I would like to work in leadership role preferably in Same industry in which some of the top fortune 100 companies work such as Schenider,Honeywell,ABB,GE etc.I am having none to few extra curricular activity to show.

If you can suggest few activity for improvement of profile that will be icing on the cake !!

Thanks & Regards

Nishant Prakash
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Nishant_Prakash wrote:
Dear Sir,

Please find the below snapshot of my profile and attached resume for profile evaluation

I have passed B.E degree in E&TC from North Maharashtra University in 2010& I have average academics in 10th ,12th 65 % & B.E with 58 % agg.(However being the toughest university it grades only on final year marks,so i have first class degree) .I have attached my resume for your reference but it does not cover all the aspect of my career journey. I have experience in Sales And Marketing as well apart from tendering ,project designing, purchase, project management and site related activity in Energy/Infrastructure with lot of mediocre & start up company(started even one for myself but it failed due to partner disagreement) . I have score of 700 in GMAT and post MBA I would like to work in leadership role preferably in Same industry in which some of the top fortune 100 companies work such as Schenider,Honeywell,ABB,GE etc.I am having none to few extra curricular activity to show.

If you can suggest few activity for improvement of profile that will be icing on the cake !!

Thanks & Regards

Nishant Prakash

Hi Nishant_Prakash,

Thanks for sharing your query.

You could consider the following options:
- Retaking the GMAT: In order to offset your low academic scores, you could aim at a higher GMAT score. Besides, 700 is a bit under the ISB average and a higher score may help boost your chances considerably.
- Look at garnering some social sector experience in the next few months. Take on volunteering roles that allow you to showcase as well as hone your leadership skills.
- Consider joining professional clubs that can help boost a certain skill-set for instance: Toastmasters for public speaking skills :)

There is an entire gamut of things one can do. Eventually, you may need to take a call on what you will be able to manage alongside your work schedule :)

Should you feel the need to discuss this in greater detail, feel free to approach us for a free profile evaluation.

All the best! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Requesting evaluation of my profile for ISB 2019 intake.

I am a civil (structural) engg post grad with both bachelors and masters from IIT Kanpur. Attended a 3 month exchange program at UNSW Sydney and published a paper on Supply Chain Management problem.

Work Exp 5+ yrs. Currently working as Manager - Infra. Development at DMICDC, an agency set up by the Government of India in association with Japan. (My profile is a bit unique as I am currently working with Central Government in a corporate (private) environment, as my company is a knowledge partner to Government of India) I've been complete in-charge of a couple of $450bn projects, one of them is an upcoming project being directly monitored by Prime Minister of South Asia Convention Centre in Delhi. So, I have developed excellent liaising with senior level Government officers (read IAS officers) and senior management at BCG, i.e. I can obtain stellar recommendations.

Gave GMAT in March, 2018 and kind of holed up with a score of 670(Q50 V33 IR7), got nervous and burntout in verbal, surely can do better, planning to give it again in August if required.

Xth - 76.8%
XIIth - 69.2%
BTech - 7.0/10
MTech - 8.4/10

Need advice as to:
1. Whether any gaps I can fulfill in my profile by the time admissions process begins?
2. Is my current GMAT score sufficient? If not, what should be my target score? Is it true that if you have two scores, an average of the two is considered?

Originally posted by pareekpranjal on 05 Apr 2018, 19:55.
Last edited by pareekpranjal on 15 May 2018, 08:11, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,
I am a typical indian IT male

I would like to know the strength of my profile for ISB class of 2019, please tell me what are my pros and cons and what score should I be targeting in GMAT??

10th: 73%
12th:72%
B.tech: 70%
Bachelors from - SRM University Chennai
Bachelors Degree - instrumentation and control engineering

Work Details:

Company - TCS
Experience - 5 years completed in August 2017
Designation - IT analyst

Work ex: I have worked in the CoE ( centre of excellence)dept for performance testing for 4 years.. I was the only one to be offered this role as a fresher after training as normally testers with atleast 3 years exp. Are considered for this dept. I was recommended by the faculties..
CoE guys handle testing projects when the designated team for that project is unable to come up with a solution.. in short we are considered to be the best who are approached only when normal solutions fail..

I have worked for about 15 different clients in 5.5 years which include Citi bank from bfs sector, Tata steel Netherlands in energy sector, target in retail sector, cencosud in e-retailers sector.

I was nominated by my project manager for a leadership training program last year..

I have been supervising a team of 10 for last 1.5 years..
I have been awarded " on the spot" award and " star team award" twice..

I have been awarded " best faculty award " four times..

I have been awarded for completing highest numbers of internal certifications in a quarter..

There are more awards but to keep it short, I am quite good at what I do..

Extra circular activities: I am a volunteer at " speak for animals" for past 2 years, during which I have fostered about 20 dogs.. I just love it.. all my free time goes into finding dogs that are abused or abandoned or unhealthy and bring them back to a healthy life..
I am a member of our company's toastmasters club.
I actively participate in 10k marathons. Till now completed 6 10k runs. Although I weigh 112 kgs.lol
I am a member of the local photography club in Bhubaneswar.

Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know my chances of getting into ISB class of 2019 because I am quite afraid that even if I get 700+ in GMAT my 10th and 12th marks will pose a big problem in getting I to ISB..

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
jitender singh wrote:
Hi,
I am a typical indian IT male

I would like to know the strength of my profile for ISB class of 2019, please tell me what are my pros and cons and what score should I be targeting in GMAT??

10th: 73%
12th:72%
B.tech: 70%
Bachelors from - SRM University Chennai
Bachelors Degree - instrumentation and control engineering

Work Details:

Company - TCS
Experience - 5 years completed in August 2017
Designation - IT analyst

Work ex: I have worked in the CoE ( centre of excellence)dept for performance testing for 4 years.. I was the only one to be offered this role as a fresher after training as normally testers with atleast 3 years exp. Are considered for this dept. I was recommended by the faculties..
CoE guys handle testing projects when the designated team for that project is unable to come up with a solution.. in short we are considered to be the best who are approached only when normal solutions fail..

I have worked for about 15 different clients in 5.5 years which include Citi bank from bfs sector, Tata steel Netherlands in energy sector, target in retail sector, cencosud in e-retailers sector.

I was nominated by my project manager for a leadership training program last year..

I have been supervising a team of 10 for last 1.5 years..
I have been awarded " on the spot" award and " star team award" twice..

I have been awarded " best faculty award " four times..

I have been awarded for completing highest numbers of internal certifications in a quarter..

There are more awards but to keep it short, I am quite good at what I do..

Extra circular activities: I am a volunteer at " speak for animals" for past 2 years, during which I have fostered about 20 dogs.. I just love it.. all my free time goes into finding dogs that are abused or abandoned or unhealthy and bring them back to a healthy life..
I am a member of our company's toastmasters club.
I actively participate in 10k marathons. Till now completed 6 10k runs. Although I weigh 112 kgs.lol
I am a member of the local photography club in Bhubaneswar.

Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know my chances of getting into ISB class of 2019 because I am quite afraid that even if I get 700+ in GMAT my 10th and 12th marks will pose a big problem in getting I to ISB..

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Jitender singh,

Thanks for sharing your query.

Frankly, considering your work experience (complete with awards and leadership experience), as well as your participation in extra-curricular activities, you have a lot working for you. That you have worked with international clients will also hold value.

Having said the above, here are a few things that will be very crucial in ensuring you have a very good chance with your application:
- GMAT ~ Considering you belong to an overrepresented pool of applicants, you will need to look for a score upwards of 730. 700 falls a bit under the average and a higher GMAT score will play a very important role in order for you to differentiate your profile. You have time on hand and we are confident you will be able to get the desired score :)

- Taking on a leadership role ~ You definitely have a fair bit of social sector experience. What you could look at is getting some leadership experience in this sphere.

- Keep performing in your current role so you have a lot of talking points in your profile (in terms of achievements and responsibilities)

- Once all of the above has been taken care of, you will need to focus on creating a stellar application, complete with a set of essays which are truly reflective of your potential and showcase a strong sync between your experience and future goals.

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,

My name is Karthik. I am an Instrumentation engineer with 10.5 years of work experience in the power generation sector with a large Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).
I am planning to apply to IIMA,IIMB,ISB and XLRI. Also thinking about a few 1 year programs abroad.
Planning to move into a general management or consulting role post MBA.
My experience is mostly in the operations and energy management domain.

Acads:

X : 84
XII : 79.6
B Tech : 69 (from a Government College in Kerala affiliated to Uni. of Calicut)

Targeting a GMAT score of 700+ to compensate for my average acads.

Additional Certifications/Qualifications :

Certified Energy Auditor - Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, Government of India
Certificate in Project Management - IPMA
Completed a company sponsored online learning module from HBS delivered through Harvard Business Publishing.

Accomplishments:

Rated outstanding employee for 5 years.
Received appreciation letters/commendations multiple times.
Member of experts group constituted at corporate level for effective operations of capacity amounting to 6 GW.
Have carried out energy audits in other power stations and suggested performance improvement measures.

Extra Curricular:

Organised a GoI initiated awareness campaign for energy conservation in Lakshadweep islands.
Published papers in National level conference (paper was selected for oral presentation)
Represented the business unit in various company level competitions multiple times at national level and
also in southern regional round of AIMA National Competition for Young Managers (NCYM). Received accolades for the same.
Was member of an NGO and coordinated efforts to provide medical aid to needy patients in the area.
Helped train engineering students through internships and plant familiarisation programs.
Was formerly part of a music group that performed multiple times in the locality.
Was student coordinator of Placement,Training and Information Bureau of the college during undergrad.

Please evaluate my profile and do frankly suggest if IIMs/ISB/XLRI would be a good fit for my post MBA goals and
if there are any other 1 year programs in India/abroad that would suit someone with my type of profile and work experience.

Thanks in advance

Karthik
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Would love to know thoughts on the profile for ISB - (2019 intake)

Gender - Male

Work Experience (3.5 years)
2018 - Business Operations at UpGrad for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Program Vertical
2016 - 2018 - Associate Consultant - Worked on Business Transformation Projects, and Leadership Development
2015 - CEO at AIESEC in Mumbai (Non-Profit) - Led an Executive Body of 12 Members with an annual budget of INR 1 crore, driving top-line revenue worth 65 lakhs through four products catering to youth, working professionals, NGOs and corporate clients, led an overall work-force of 200 members
2014 - Headed Operations at AIESEC and worked at Godrej and Boyce as a Supply Chain Associate

Academics:
BE - Mechanical Engineering - Mumbai University
2012 - 2014: Represented the college at National (2012 and 2014 - SAE India) and International Competition (2012-2014) at Formula Student Germany Competitions by building a prototype race-car. Delivered through roles of Project Manager, and Production Engineer
Grade: 60% (First Class)
12th: 78%
10th: 91%

Extra-curricular:
1. AIESEC: Started from a member in 2013 and went on to be elected as the President/CEO of the Mumbai office for the official term of 2015-2016
2. Formula Student Germany Competition in Germany (2012, 2013, 2014)
3. Blogger for AOL Media (2012-2013)
4. Nokia Ambassador
5. State Level Sprinter - 100 metres, 400 metres

GMAT - scheduled for 1st June (highest Mock score has been [i][b]630 in MGMAT Mock)

I know I really have to work on my GMAT score. Maybe around 720.

Would definitely love to know your thoughts on the profile for ISB Application for 2019 intake.

Cheers :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V28
Send PM
#ISB
#PROFILE
#EVALUATION

Can anyone evaluate my profile and talk about prospects at ISB and provide me with tips to enhance my profile for a likely convert there ( of course a good GMAT score is must )
Target GMAT score =730+
10th - 75
12th - 76
Grad - 77
Work Ex -3 yrs

1)School -Head boy , Best sportsman for 3 years
2) Placement Coordinator
3)Worked with an NGO at college and Organized events .
4) Started my own NGO after college.
5) German language -A1 level
6) Organized International level events at Honda
7) Google Certified in Adwords and certified in Digital marketing
8. Start up (Initial stage )
9) Will add a couple of Coursera courses too
10) I have my own blog too - Blogging as a hobby
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Hi, I am planning to take GMAT in July 2018 and will apply to ISB in Oct'18
Please evaluate my profile below:

CBSE X - 92.4
CBSE XII - 90.8

B.Tech IIT Roorkee (2015) - 8.13

Work Ex (Retail analytics)-

EXL Services - (Dec'16 - Present)
Senior consultant - the employee of the quarter (Q3'17)

Axtrira - (Jul'15 - Nov'16)
Associate
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,
This is Snehal.
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB / IIM B 2019 intake?

BTech Mechanical from College of Engineering Pune with CGPA 7.64

12th : 93.17% Maharashtra state board
10th : 92% Maharashtra state board

Work experience: design and development (RnD) in diesel engine manufacturing MNC ( Cummins), 5 years
Achievements: 1 patent published, 3 in process, other job specific 2 achievements

Leadership experience: Lead 2 manufacturing builds in US

extracurricular: Done stage drama 3 times, no significant achievements to showcase.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Send PM