Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 18:48 It is currently 03 May 2024, 18:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q163 V165
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: Q166 V164
GPA: 3.97
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
You have my input from the other Forum but yes I think that you should give it a shot. I would not be counting any chickens because 10% acceptance rate but it seems that you have a habit of leadership here, which is the main thing they are looking for. Harvard cares about pedigree and impact, so it would help to have some type of cachet in your work background. I'm hoping that you have quantifiable results from what you have done. One weakness is that it doesn't seem as though you have a lot of international experience, on the other hand, you're coming from a unique role/ industry and that you're going to provide a unique classroom vantage point, I'm not saying that others in your position won't apply but you are not just another consultant or financial analyst. So work that angle :-)

https://mbaprepcoach.com
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi AkarshS,

thank you for sharing your profile.

Your strong academics and your experience at McKinsey make your profile an strong one. However, please keep in mind the following:

(1) GMAT: Aim higher than 730, especially for HBS and Wharton. If you could achieve the 760 you have gotten in the GMAT official practice test that would be great.

(2) International Experience / Motivation: Do you have any experience outside of India? This is particularly important for INSEAD and LBS.

(3) Extra-curriculars: counselling of cancer patients on weekends is an excellent extra-curricular to mention, but you're going to need to think about other activities that can help you stand out from the rest of applicants.

Feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com for a more detailed discussion and evaluation of your candidacy for your targeted schools.

Thank you
Alex
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q165 V167
Send PM
--

Originally posted by biotechapplicant on 28 May 2018, 13:03.
Last edited by biotechapplicant on 07 Jul 2019, 19:45, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
I am a graduate student pursuing my Master's of Science in Accounting at the University of Texas at Arlington, which I started straight after completing my undergraduate degree as a double major in accounting and finance. I am planning to apply to the HBS 2+2 program in April 2018.

I completed my undergraduate degree in 3 years (did not bring any credits in). Was part of the Honors College, and completed the requirements for an Honors degree. I have co-authored two academic publications during my undergraduate career: one in accounting and one in finance. I was awarded a federal grant by the Federal Highway Administration to pursue research in accounting. I am also writing another academic paper in my Master's. I had enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride in my senior year. I also have enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride throughout my graduate studies right now. I am international student from India.

I completed a year of internship with American Airlines in their Corporate Accounting Department. I spent one month with the PCAOB in Washington DC this summer as an intern, though had to leave the internship mid-way because of a health concern. I am also a table tennis player, and play for the UTA table tennis team (top four players in the university. Some stats below:

Overall GPA: 3.971/4.00
Major GPA: 4.00/4.00
GMAT Score: 740 (Q 49 , V 41, IR 6, AWA 6)

I want to pursue the CPA certification. I wanted to know of my chances for the 2+2 program, and if I should be aware of anything. Also, needed some advice regarding my quant score in the GMAT (I have heard a 50 or a 51 is coveted; I am sure I can secure either one in a second attempt). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

Background and nationality: Female, 25, India
Undergrad Information: Most prestigious law school in India, top 15% of the class (GPA of 5.9/7)
GMAT: 730
Work experience and leadership: Work ex- MBB for 2 years, 1 year at a fintech startup focusing on financial inclusion. Work at MBB involved strategy for MNCs, implemention of large scale transformations, government report released by the Prime Minister. Manager of strategic partnerships at fintech, onboarded 10k+ new customers by identifying relevant partners.
Community and others: Strongly involved in social work in college- legal aid, head of an student-run NGO where I managed a large team of 40+. Also conceptualised and authored a report on the University (led team of 4), which was widely covered by media. Currently continue mentoring underprivileged students whom I had mentored as part of NGO in college.
Post MBA goals: Work closely with social entrepreneurs in scaling up and in working towards the "double bottomline" succesfully, either as part of an incubator/accelerator or through VC/impact investing. Also open to development finance (DIBs, SIBs). Long term goal is to start my own enterprise, preferably in financial inclusion.
Anything else? Am currently learning to surf, passionate about writing (strong track record of publications, blogs, media articles)
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey chibbi30j1
There's a lot to like here. I definitely think it's worth trying for a 2+2 but go broad beyond HBS and GSB and add Sloan and Yale Silver Scholars. My only two concerns here are that accounting doesn't tend to be a feeder, and being an Indian national can make this a tough process. Your stats may help there though and there might be less competition from India at the 2+2 level.
Re your GMAT, we do see that at the regular MBA level, a lot of successful pplicants from India at top US schools typically have 50+ Quant scores BUT it all depends on the overall candidacy.
Worth a shot! Good luck!
Krista

chibbi30j1 wrote:
I am a graduate student pursuing my Master's of Science in Accounting at the University of Texas at Arlington, which I started straight after completing my undergraduate degree as a double major in accounting and finance. I am planning to apply to the HBS 2+2 program in April 2018.

I completed my undergraduate degree in 3 years (did not bring any credits in). Was part of the Honors College, and completed the requirements for an Honors degree. I have co-authored two academic publications during my undergraduate career: one in accounting and one in finance. I was awarded a federal grant by the Federal Highway Administration to pursue research in accounting. I am also writing another academic paper in my Master's. I had enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride in my senior year. I also have enough merit-based scholarships to be on a full-ride throughout my graduate studies right now. I am international student from India.

I completed a year of internship with American Airlines in their Corporate Accounting Department. I spent one month with the PCAOB in Washington DC this summer as an intern, though had to leave the internship mid-way because of a health concern. I am also a table tennis player, and play for the UTA table tennis team (top four players in the university. Some stats below:

Overall GPA: 3.971/4.00
Major GPA: 4.00/4.00
GMAT Score: 740 (Q 49 , V 41, IR 6, AWA 6)

I want to pursue the CPA certification. I wanted to know of my chances for the 2+2 program, and if I should be aware of anything. Also, needed some advice regarding my quant score in the GMAT (I have heard a 50 or a 51 is coveted; I am sure I can secure either one in a second attempt). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey leaningin
Thanks for posting and I like your handle!!
On the surface, you have a great looking profile. MBB is always great, and the startup work sounds meaningful. My only two concerns are the 730 GMAT (typically Indian applicants are a bit higher) and your overall demographic. I think the key for you will be having a broad portfolio of schools. So of course, definitely apply to HBS but make sure you have a few safer options in there as well to give yourself maximum chances of getting your MBA from a US business school. MBB will be a good draw so maybe add Fuqua, Ross, Johnson in addition to any M7 schools. Oftentimes, we find that the competition at the M7 level for Indian applicants is just so fierce! It's good to have a "Plan B."
Hope that helps!
Krista

leaningin wrote:

Undergrad Information: Most prestigious law school in India, top 15% of the class (GPA of 5.9/7)
Work experience and leadership: Work ex- MBB for 2 years, 1 year at a fintech startup focusing on financial inclusion. Work at MBB involved strategy for MNCs, implemention of large scale transformations, government report released by the Prime Minister. Manager of strategic partnerships at fintech, onboarded 10k+ new customers by identifying relevant partners.
Community and others: Strongly involved in social work in college- legal aid, head of an student-run NGO where I managed a large team of 40+. Also conceptualised and authored a report on the University (led team of 4), which was widely covered by media. Currently continue mentoring underprivileged students whom I had mentored as part of NGO in college.
Post MBA goals: Work closely with social entrepreneurs in scaling up and in working towards the "double bottomline" succesfully, either as part of an incubator/accelerator or through VC/impact investing. Also open to development finance (DIBs, SIBs). Long term goal is to start my own enterprise, preferably in financial inclusion.
Anything else? Am currently learning to surf, passionate about writing (strong track record of publications, blogs, media articles)
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
leaningin wrote:

Hi leaningin,

Thanks for your query.

You have a good overall profile and start-up experience always helps. The GMAT, though, is a bit of a concern as expectations are always higher for Indian candidates. Hence, if a retake is possible, please go ahead with the same. Harvard, though, is a Stretch school for all but a higher GMAT will definitely strengthen your chances.

Having said the above, while applying to Harvard, please also spread the risk wisely and apply to a larger portfolio of schools including a few among the US top 15. Those are fine programs too and you have a strong chance there.

All the best! :-)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: Q166 V164
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mbaMissionKrista : Can I please have your 0.02$ as well

Planning to apply in the round closing September 2018

Indian Male, 27 years old

1) Work ex - Working with McKinsey for 3 years , will have 4 years of work-ex by the time I join, if selected that is. Have led numerous client engagements for Indian Clients, mostly in pharmaceutical space.
2) Education:
- Undergrad - Civil Engineering (from one of top 5 IITs) - GPA: 9.42/10 (Silver Medalist - top of Civil Engineering, top 3% of entire engineering class)
- Postgrad - PGDM (considered MBA in India) from top Indian B-School (IIM-Ahmedabad) - GPA - 3.64 (Top 5% of Class, Institute Merit Scholar)
3) GMAT: yet to attempt, but getting 730 (Kaplan) and 760 (in GMAT official practice test pack 3 and 4)

Extra Curriculars: Mostly in Undergrad (quizzing, organizing business fest etc). Moderately active with counselling of cancer patients in a hospital on weekends
Schools Considered: HBS, Wharton, LBS, Insead
MBA Goal: Getting a more healthcare focused MBA, post MBA get into business roles in organizations focused on Healthcare (can be PE/VCs or business roles at healthcare companies)

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: CBS '21
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V28
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Hey, thank you in advance for evaluating my profile. please be ruthless:

About: 26 years old, Male, Moroccan Citizen
Education: Civil Engineering Degree (Master’s degree) from the top engineering school In the country. The school is paramilitary so I also hold the title of reserve military lieutenant.
Stats:
GPA: 4.1
GMAT: 590 (23 v, 48Q), 5.0 AWA, 1 IR ( retaking the GMAT after a few months for a 700+ score)

Work Experience :
- 3 years working as an engineer for the Top engineering company in Morocco: JACOBS Engineering SA (JESA). It is a joint venture between two global leaders in their fields: OCP S.A, a world leader in phosphates and derivatives and Jacobs Engineering Group Inc, one of the world’s largest and most diverse provider of technical and construction services.
- Started as a junior Hydraulic engineer at a subsidiary of the company with the crucial task of supporting start a new department in the infrastructure industry that would expand the current portfolio of engineering services provided by the company. In 2 years and after successfully achieving this major milestone of expanding our client base in the Buildings and Infrastructure (B&I) industry business unit, I moved up to the role of Lead Civil Engineer in the company’s headquarters in Casablanca. I worked under the Technology, Engineering and Design department in the Process industry Business Unit, the biggest unit in the company.
- I had assignments in multiple projects in the process industry. Specifically, I was lead civil Engineer of one of the biggest industrial projects, an international project with a new client. The project was a multi-Billion dollar Phosphate Fertilizer Complex in Saoudi Arrabia and the client was Maaden.

- Extracurricular:

o was in the leadership committee of the Jacobs Future network, which provides professional development and networking opportunities to early career employees. I was Lead of the Professional Development Cell with a team of around 30 people. I worked closely with the Top management of the company and was in charge of developing and providing professional development opportunities to more than 400 employees.
o Was project Manager in my ENACTUS school team. We won the national competition trice, and were finalists in the international ENACTUS competition once.
o Winner of the first prize in a Moroccan Competition for innovation EMINOV, 2014 with a project called SOLAR COOKER that uses solar energy to cook food.

- I’m also a blogger (ridachakour com)- with the vision of inspiring ambitious young people from my country to pursue higher education and to make an impact in the world.

- Philanthropy: I work as volunteer civil engineer for a social project that I co-founded under my company. The goal is to develop an ecological and sustainable solution for the problem of untreated sewage water in rural areas of the country. The social project is named WATERFIL, and it uses a phyto-purification process to treat sewage water and help solve this huge issue in an isolated village near Marrakech.

- MBA goals: Move into management consultancy and work for a variety of international companies to better get prepared for a future position as a chief executive. I intend to go back to Africa in the future and help build multi-billion dollar projects as a world-class business leader with African DNA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Hey,
Can anyone please suggest the chances for my application to the top 10 B-school for which i will be applying in 2019

1. India Male, 26 y/o. Background: 2015 graduate (B.Tech + M. tech) from IIT Bombay. CGPA: 7.6/10
2. Currently 3 years in Multinational healthcare company (Largest MNC in India) in various Local and international roles including Business analyst, Project manager Business development with working in the Director's office
3. Gmat Score: 740
4. Good amount of extracurricular: Led college in various Inter-IIT tournaments, National level player, Good amount of social work, Policy shaping work under a member of parliament
5. Schools Considered: HBS, Wharton, Insead, MIT, Kellog, Booth, Stanford
MBA Goal: Getting a more healthcare focused MBA, post MBA get into business roles in organizations focused on Healthcare (can be PE/VCs or business roles at healthcare companies)
6. Few pointers: Every year HBS, Kellog and Booth takes admit from the company i am working in. Does that improve my chances?
7. Recommendations from Leadership in the firm
8. I am concerned if my low CPI might be a hindrance

Thanks in advance for your response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Love to seek guidance and feedback on my profile. My concerns: perceived as over-experienced, and diluting the mean age of class?

Aiming for HBS/Stanford MSx/Wharton

Passion: Aim to be design thinker and to be a part of Corporate Strategy Group and help the team / organization in Machine Learning/AI/Decision Science/Bigdata Analytics/Building Intuitive Systems. Down the line, all the way to entrepreneurial journey

Education: My student life can be summed up as Ordinary average fella. I am graduate by Engineer (E&C 65.2%), PGP (3.1) (1 year) in HR with scholarship

Work experience: 11 yrs

Role Perspective (chronology): Currently SMGR (Strategy, People Analytics & HR Transformation) <- Consultant (HR SME) <- AM - HR Analytics (Advisory) <- Manager HRBP/HR Transformation/HR Technology <- Sr. QA <- Business Development Associate

Industry Exposure: Healthcare <-ITES <- Global BFSI <- BFSI in India <- Agri Business Sector

Technology: Being tech geek worked in end to end product life cycle SDLC, STLC, & DLC. Hence most of Technology & programming stuff are my core strength

Process: Hands on experience in Process Re-engg.

Functional Exposure: Majorly stems from HR/People Function, followed by Business

Company Attributes: Worked in organization with Employee strength ranging from 20 to 3.5+ lac. Worked in Start up like culture, mid-scale organization to Large scale organization, i.e. Unstructured to well structured. Geography exposure from Grass root level i.e. villages to global

GMAT: Yet to take (aiming ~ 700)

Extracurricular: There are few but showing as NIL as these experience are very close to me
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
RaydenV wrote:
Hey, thank you in advance for evaluating my profile. please be ruthless:

About: 26 years old, Male, Moroccan Citizen
Education: Civil Engineering Degree (Master’s degree) from the top engineering school In the country. The school is paramilitary so I also hold the title of reserve military lieutenant.
Stats:
GPA: 4.1
GMAT: 590 (23 v, 48Q), 5.0 AWA, 1 IR ( retaking the GMAT after a few months for a 700+ score)

Work Experience :
- 3 years working as an engineer for the Top engineering company in Morocco: JACOBS Engineering SA (JESA). It is a joint venture between two global leaders in their fields: OCP S.A, a world leader in phosphates and derivatives and Jacobs Engineering Group Inc, one of the world’s largest and most diverse provider of technical and construction services.
- Started as a junior Hydraulic engineer at a subsidiary of the company with the crucial task of supporting start a new department in the infrastructure industry that would expand the current portfolio of engineering services provided by the company. In 2 years and after successfully achieving this major milestone of expanding our client base in the Buildings and Infrastructure (B&I) industry business unit, I moved up to the role of Lead Civil Engineer in the company’s headquarters in Casablanca. I worked under the Technology, Engineering and Design department in the Process industry Business Unit, the biggest unit in the company.
- I had assignments in multiple projects in the process industry. Specifically, I was lead civil Engineer of one of the biggest industrial projects, an international project with a new client. The project was a multi-Billion dollar Phosphate Fertilizer Complex in Saoudi Arrabia and the client was Maaden.

- Extracurricular:

o was in the leadership committee of the Jacobs Future network, which provides professional development and networking opportunities to early career employees. I was Lead of the Professional Development Cell with a team of around 30 people. I worked closely with the Top management of the company and was in charge of developing and providing professional development opportunities to more than 400 employees.
o Was project Manager in my ENACTUS school team. We won the national competition trice, and were finalists in the international ENACTUS competition once.
o Winner of the first prize in a Moroccan Competition for innovation EMINOV, 2014 with a project called SOLAR COOKER that uses solar energy to cook food.

- I’m also a blogger (ridachakour com)- with the vision of inspiring ambitious young people from my country to pursue higher education and to make an impact in the world.

- Philanthropy: I work as volunteer civil engineer for a social project that I co-founded under my company. The goal is to develop an ecological and sustainable solution for the problem of untreated sewage water in rural areas of the country. The social project is named WATERFIL, and it uses a phyto-purification process to treat sewage water and help solve this huge issue in an isolated village near Marrakech.

- MBA goals: Move into management consultancy and work for a variety of international companies to better get prepared for a future position as a chief executive. I intend to go back to Africa in the future and help build multi-billion dollar projects as a world-class business leader with African DNA.

Hello RaydenV,

Thanks for your detailed post.

It almost goes without saying that you have a fantastic profile, complete with steep career growth, leadership experience, international client-handling experience, social-sector engagements, and decent extra-curricular activities :-) To add to this, that you are from Morocco is a differentiating factor as well and each of these elements, together, will strengthen your case. Of course, Harvard requires a set of well-written essays that you will need to put together along with showcasing career goals, wherein the short-term goals and long-term aspirations are in sync. The plan to return to Africa sounds visionary and you could proceed with the same :-)

Of course, you already know it but the GMAT is a bit of a concern and a score upwards of 700 should give you a good chance. Hence, the retake is strongly recommended.

Having said the above, Harvard is a Stretch school for everyone. However, if you put together a meaningful story with a boosted GMAT score, you will have a competitive chance :-)

All the best!
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
amanb2204 wrote:
Hey,
Can anyone please suggest the chances for my application to the top 10 B-school for which i will be applying in 2019

1. India Male, 26 y/o. Background: 2015 graduate (B.Tech + M. tech) from IIT Bombay. CGPA: 7.6/10
2. Currently 3 years in Multinational healthcare company (Largest MNC in India) in various Local and international roles including Business analyst, Project manager Business development with working in the Director's office
3. Gmat Score: 740
4. Good amount of extracurricular: Led college in various Inter-IIT tournaments, National level player, Good amount of social work, Policy shaping work under a member of parliament
5. Schools Considered: HBS, Wharton, Insead, MIT, Kellog, Booth, Stanford
6. Few pointers: Every year HBS, Kellog and Booth takes admit from the company i am working in. Does that improve my chances?
7. Recommendations from Leadership in the firm
8. I am concerned if my low CPI might be a hindrance

Thanks in advance for your response.

Hello amanb2204,

Please find our point-wise responses below:

1. Yes, you definitely have a fine academic pedigree and this will be an advantage. The GPA, though, is on the lower side. However, that you have a good GMAT score will help establish your suitability for an MBA program. So, you don't need to worry about this too much.
2. 3 years is slightly under the average work experience of individuals who apply to the M7 programs. The average is about 5 years. While the international exposure sounds good, schools need to get a sense of how your career has progressed, your leadership potential, as well as achievements. We are afraid you have not shared much information on that front and hence we cannot evaluate that component of your profile.
3. The GMAT score is alright, though, not exceptionally high, as GMAT expectations are higher from Indians. As an Indian candidate with an engineering degree, this would be quite an average score. Apologies if this sounds a bit brutal. The score is by no means a low one but if possible you could look at taking it up to a 760 or 770. That would boost your chances immensely :-)
4. Again, in terms of extra-curricular activities, schools would be more interested in the impact that you have had. Hence, ensure that your essays speak of the same :-)
5. These are all Stretch programs; while you must absolutely go ahead and apply to these programs, we do recommend that you apply to a larger portfolio of schools comprising a few of the top 25 US programs. The MBA learning is important and it is always better to have a few options.
6. While this speaks of the fact that people with similar profiles are making it, this, in no way, objectively increases your chances. Your candidature is unique and will be assessed in relation to others who have applied along with you.
7. Recommendations should come from your immediate supervisors.
8. This has already been addressed under point 1 :-)

In summary, yes, you must put together an exceptional set of application essays and apply to the schools you are targetting. Of course, the career goals need to fall in sync with your existing experience and, to that extent, healthcare works. However, you may consider widening the scope of your goals beyond healthcare. Nonetheless, each of the schools is a Stretch school but worth the try definitely :-)

Feel free to share any follow-up questions.

All the best! :-)
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Harvard put out this link in their newsletter: a comprehensive at-a-glance on researching HBS. But dont forget about making 1-1 connection via alums on linked in.https://www.hbs.edu/mba/blog/post/3-way ... %20MD%20(1)-May%2031,%202018
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
In my opinion, If I were you, I would enrich my profile a little. You can save your gmat score for 5 years. You at least have time to do something to add to your profile
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [3]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Kudos
Hello guys! I would love your input:

- 27 Male, Venezuelan-Syrian. First generation college student.
- GMAT: 740 (Should I retake? I got 760 twice before the actual test :( )
- GPA: 3.85/5 Industrial Engineering in top engineering school in Venezuela ( :thumbdown: i know, due to a combination of vocational, political and family obstacles), earned a fellowship to exchange for a year in France.
Graduate Diplomas on Marketing ("approved" - not scored)
Diploma on Financial Management (3.88)
WE:
1)2y9mo (at matriculation) in Market Strategy roles in Top 3 global Risk Consulting and Broking company. [over]worked 4 roles at the same time, 2 promotions; led and managed projects of large impact, and intl exposure. (Venezuela)
2)1y1mo in P&G in Market Strategy and Planning as mostly full-time intern (used the time during which my school was on strike due to socio-political instability), awarded a 5/5 score. Rejected offer in R&D (only available post) due to vocational objectives. (Venezuela)
3)6mo internship in Client Strategy at French multinational in its headquarters (Paris)
EC and awards:
- 1yr Job at an NGO (after office, weekdays) for human rights and international activism regarding Venezuela´s situation. Part of the team who organized the largest unofficial referendum in history.
- 3yrs attended,+ 2 years led my schools team for Harvard´s Model UN in Boston. The two years I led it, we obtained large delegation awards, positioning my team above even Ivy Leagues and schools with more experience, resources and recognition.
- Volunteered in the rural indigenous area of Venezuela for diagnosis and solution of health and nutrition problems of these communities (2m)
- Languages: Spanish, English, French, Arab.
- Other (less relevant): Placed 41/9000+ and 47/6000+ honor roll for admission tests in college; University and municipality recognition for international representation of the country, participated in two other leadership conferences, nominated for best subject final essay by teacher. Traveled to 25 countries and twice as many cities abroad
Goal: Transition into strategy consulting to apply the macro business perspective I´ve been wanting to develop. Long term: Rebuild my country from the private sector as a regional corporate leader/entrepreneur.

Do you think I´ve got a shot? Planning to apply in round 1 this year. ..

Originally posted by bruhnah on 07 Jun 2018, 13:45.
Last edited by bruhnah on 17 Dec 2019, 10:51, edited 2 times in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  53   
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
HBS & Haas Moderator
151 posts