Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:23 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: ISB '23
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi

Kindly evaluate my profile.

This is daljeet
Indian male 31yr

Graduate in ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
6 year of work ex both in clinical and management role.

Presently working as senior medical coordinator intensive care unit of a multi super specialty hospital.
Excellent growth as compare to peers.

Gmat prepration in progress.

Extracircular.

State level badminton player during school
Prade commander of school unit during prade organised by local adminstration on the eve of independence day and republic day

Best athlete of college
Member of extracircular committee of college
Organised various events like annual function,alum meet ,sports meet etc as part of commitee

Post college

Organising various blood donation camps with the help of volunteers .

Part of organising commitee which organised a regional language tv channel show.

Attended various free medical camps as volunteer .

Part of volunteer group which helping needy people financially for various purpose,my work mostly related to varify medical cases .

Post mba goal
Entreprenaurism

How mba will help
Worked with two mlm companies which failed .
Learned some lessons and came to know that i lacks basic bussines skills.
Mba will help me to gain that knowledge.

Kindly evaluate my profile and give your valuable suggessions.

Regards

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: CBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Do I have a chance if I only have a 680?

Originally posted by OneTimeOnly on 04 Aug 2018, 16:33.
Last edited by OneTimeOnly on 01 Dec 2018, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Background and nationality: Brazilian Female

Undergrad Information: BA in International Relations from top Brazilian University, spent one semester abroad in Mexico (8.4/10 GPA)

GMAT: 730 49Q|40V

Work experience and leadership: helped opening the brazilian office of a tech/fashion startup 2.5y ago (just me + director) and worked on the growth of the office ever since. 2 promotions, currently manage a team of 2 and am the LATAM manager for my area.

Community and others: Red Cross International Volunteer working with refugees, mentoring undergrad students

Post MBA goals: internationalization/business development, transition into social impact

Anything else? Applying in round 1
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mirelark,

You have a very interesting profile! I like your professional background (entrepreneurial spirit) and your community involvement. I also like that you have retaken the GMAT and improved your overall score. The areas I would like to have a better understanding are, why do you require an MBA and what are your career aspirations post MBA (not sure I can discern an answer from your post). Having a clear and concise answer will the crucial to your acceptance.

Overall, you have the foundation that shows Harvard you will succeed there. However, having a good foundation does not guarantee admissions. The clients I have helped get admitted, have all been very diligent in their storytelling. I recommend you be very strategic with your time and how you approach your narration in the next month (September 5th deadline). As you might already know, admissions to a top school is always holistic.

Happy to discuss your profile further. If interested, please reach out to coordinate a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

mirelark wrote:
Background and nationality: Brazilian Female

Undergrad Information: BA in International Relations from top Brazilian University, spent one semester abroad in Mexico (8.4/10 GPA)

GMAT: 730 49Q|40V

Work experience and leadership: helped opening the brazilian office of a tech/fashion startup 2.5y ago (just me + director) and worked on the growth of the office ever since. 2 promotions, currently manage a team of 2 and am the LATAM manager for my area.

Community and others: Red Cross International Volunteer working with refugees, mentoring undergrad students

Post MBA goals: internationalization/business development, transition into social impact

Anything else? Applying in round 1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi,

I’d love to get some advice from you guys. Thanks!!

Background and nationality:
Indian Male, 25

Undergrad/Graduate Information:
B.A.(Honors) -Economics - St Stephen's College, University of Delhi (Consistently ranked amongst top #3 in India for economics)
GPA 55.12/100 (I know it's low, but I battled a chronic skin condition throughout my time at college)

GMAT: 740 (Q 48/V 42/IR 7/ AWA 5.0)

Work experience and leadership:
2 years financial analyses/economic analysis in the International Taxation - Transfer Pricing team - Deloitte. (Secured 2 promotions in 2 years)
~2 years at my family business (Current place of employment) - manufacture and sale of tea. Have been working closely under the mentor-ship of the MD of the firm to learn about overall strategy & operations.

Additional Information:
Represented Junior District, Zonal (Captained both), State and South Indian Cricket Teams while at school.
College: Executive council member of Entrepreneurship Cell at college, member of the college football team.
Post-College: Vice-captain of school alumni football team. Tutored high school kids - free of charge.
Fluent in 3 languages - English, Hindi, Malayalam

Post MBA goals:
Short term - Consulting. Long term - Rejoin family business after expanding skill-sets/ broadening horizons through a consulting role.

Considering applying to HBS & Wharton in R1.
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello mathewca07

The outline of your profile look decent. Needless to say Harvard/Wharton are a challenge for all profiles.
So key for you is execution. You will need to showcase 4 things- a)Relevant Achievements at work/extracurricular, b)Tie your past skills/experience with future goals and c)a need for an MBA d)fit of your profile/goals with these schools (or in other words- why should they admit you, what unique perspective will you bring).
To stand a good chance, you will need to tie these together in your written application (essay/LOR).

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

mathewca07 wrote:
Hi,

I’d love to get some advice from you guys. Thanks!!

Indian Male, 25

B.A.(Honors) -Economics - St Stephen's College, University of Delhi (Consistently ranked amongst top #3 in India for economics)
GPA 55.12/100 (I know it's low, but I battled a chronic skin condition throughout my time at college)

GMAT: 740 (Q 48/V 42/IR 7/ AWA 5.0)

2 years financial analyses/economic analysis in the International Taxation - Transfer Pricing team - Deloitte. (Secured 2 promotions in 2 years)
~2 years at my family business (Current place of employment) - manufacture and sale of tea. Have been working closely under the mentor-ship of the MD of the firm to learn about overall strategy & operations.

Additional Information:
Represented Junior District, Zonal (Captained both), State and South Indian Cricket Teams while at school.
College: Executive council member of Entrepreneurship Cell at college, member of the college football team.
Post-College: Vice-captain of school alumni football team. Tutored high school kids - free of charge.
Fluent in 3 languages - English, Hindi, Malayalam

Post MBA goals:
Short term - Consulting. Long term - Rejoin family business after expanding skill-sets/ broadening horizons through a consulting role.

Considering applying to HBS & Wharton in R1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Thanks for the quick response! Will keep your tips in mind while i prepare my applications.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi

I would appreciate your evaluation of my profile
Male, 24
GMAT - 710,
Indian
I am working as a practicing chartered accountant for over 2.5 years
I have started my own Firm and have merged to reach more than one state
Completed all qualification exams of Chartered Accountants (Secured all india 47th rank in CA finals)
Pursuing CFA level 2
Completed Bachelors of Commerce in Accountancy
12th CBSE 92.8%
10th CBSE 87.4 %
Completed Diploma course in system audits
Extra-Curricular - Worked with the office of Member of Parliament of India who is a member of various committees set up by government of India.
Part of Public relation committee of CIRC of ICAI
Held Position of Treasurer of Students committee of CIRC of ICAI

learning Guitar for the last 6 months , learning French.
Languages Know: Hindi, English, Learning French

I have extensive Leadership experience as team lead for engagements, more than two years..I have carried out work from Presenting the reports to the execution of work.I have carried out projects as freelancer for a few companies of US and Singapore

As i am pursuing CFA and gaining more knowledge of finance field like Financial modelling and Valuation i would like to work in investment banking.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, I want to apply to some of the deferred programs, and right now I'm going into my junior year. I just want to know what else to do make me more competitive at application time.

American-Indian Male, 19 (Will be 21 at application)

B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Southern Cal GPA: 3.66 (Will graduate in 2020, but this GPA should remain stable or higher, finished all the hard ones)
M.S. Materials Engineering (Will Graduate in 2021)

GMAT: 720/730 by practice tests

3 years of research in two different labs, published an academic paper in a journal with the first, then switched to a materials engineering lab which I'll start in the fall
Summer internship with a chemical company in R&D

Additional Information:
College: Executive council member of American Institute of Chemical Engineers at college
Will be a paid tutor beginning in the fall for two years
Fluent in 3 languages - English, French, Telugu

Post MBA goals:
Would like to join a tech company in a product management role which I believe is a skill MBA's provide

Considering applying to HBS 2+2, and Stanford Deferred GSB, and MIT Sloan Deferred
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools: HBS '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
Hi - It would be great to get some feedback on my chances.
Female, 25
Grades and test scores:
GMAT - 760 (took once)
GPA 3.7 from a little Ivy

Work experience:
Will have 48 months WE, 24 in IB at a top firm (GS/JPM/MS) and 24 in PE at a top firm (KKR/TPG/Carlyle)

Extracurriculars:
In addition to succeeding in two very challenging workplaces, I have done additional course work in impact investing and banking and have continued a college passion by creating peer mentoring and leadership roles for myself at work.

Post MBA Goal:
Impact Investing in PE or, possibly, VC.

Originally posted by MountainTop on 20 Aug 2018, 08:38.
Last edited by MountainTop on 22 Aug 2018, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi MountainTop,

Great profile! Quantitatively speaking, you have a strong profile for the likes of Harvard. Now you must showcase your soft skills addressed in the qualitative components of the application. What round(s) are your considering applying to?

Happy to provide a fuller profile evaluation. Click here to coordinate a 30-minute free call.

Good luck!

MountainTop wrote:
Hi - It would be great to get some feedback on my chances.
Female, 25
Grades and test scores:
GMAT - 760 (took once)
GPA 3.7 from a little Ivy

Work experience:
Will have 44 months WE, 24 in IB at a top firm (GS/JPM/MS) and 24 in PE at a top firm (KKR/TPG/Carlyle)

Extracurriculars:
In addition to succeeding in two very challenging workplaces, I have done additional course work in impact investing and banking and have continued a college passion by creating peer mentoring and leadership roles for myself at work.

Post MBA Goal:
Impact Investing in PE or, possibly, VC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: HBS '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi SiaAdmissions

Thanks for the response. Yes - serious essay pressure occurring as I type this. Round 1, because I have been told that PE quotas are filled before Round 2.
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi MountainTop,

Thanks for the Kudos!

Yes, PE is competitive and quotas quickly fill up. Remember that you have proven that you can handle the rigor (GMAT, GRE, W/E, etc). Now, Harvard wants to know who you are as a person and a professional, and what drives you. No pressure :-)

Good luck!

MountainTop wrote:
Hi SiaAdmissions

Thanks for the response. Yes - serious essay pressure occurring as I type this. Round 1, because I have been told that PE quotas are filled before Round 2.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Hello ,

I am 28 year old IT professional working with INFOSYS ( indian IT giant ) for the past 7 years ( 2 year international experience and currently working in USA )

CGPA - 8.5 /10

GMAT score - 760 ( Q49 , V44 , IR 7 )

I have always been placed in the top 1% employees of company . Various activities in ECO CLUB ( environment friendly initiatives ) , core member of the CSR wing and arranged many things from blood donation drives to book and cloth donation drives.
Am working as a team lead and onsite coordinator , major job reponsibilities include client handling , customer satisfaction , escalation management , mentoring team members etc.

I appered for the GMAT as i believe that there are not enough growth opportunities and whatever growth opportunities there are they are too slow.
My main aim for MBA is to get a high paying job ( although will not mention this in the essay ?)

The 5 collges that i chose to send score are

1.ISB
2. Georgia tech ( Scheller)
3. ASU ( carey )
4. FOSTER
5. Mccombs

Most of these colleges rank 20-30 ( USA )

Should i aim higher ? Is there good chance of a profile like mine being accepted in a top 10 program ( as i belong to an over represented group )

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks in advance to all the experts out there !!!!

Tito

VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello tito411990

Your 'stats' are good. But to assess chances/fit at top 10 requires more than just stats.
Career progression, achievements and impact at work, extracurricular activities all combine to make a complete profile. (You can read more on that here)
Most importantly you also need a career goals narrative that is clear, realistic, organic and fits your profile and of the school. (Reading here might help). Since this info is missing, tough to say.
However, based purely on stats, you have a decent shot at all the schools mentioned below. Needless to say that you will still need to deliver the above in your essays/LOR.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

tito411990 wrote:
Hello ,

I am 28 year old IT professional working with INFOSYS ( indian IT giant ) for the past 7 years ( 2 year international experience and currently working in USA )

CGPA - 8.5 /10

GMAT score - 760 ( Q49 , V44 , IR 7 )

I have always been placed in the top 1% employees of company . Various activities in ECO CLUB ( environment friendly initiatives ) , core member of the CSR wing and arranged many things from blood donation drives to book and cloth donation drives.
Am working as a team lead and onsite coordinator , major job reponsibilities include client handling , customer satisfaction , escalation management , mentoring team members etc.

I appered for the GMAT as i believe that there are not enough growth opportunities and whatever growth opportunities there are they are too slow.
My main aim for MBA is to get a high paying job ( although will not mention this in the essay ?)

The 5 collges that i chose to send score are

1.ISB
2. Georgia tech ( Scheller)
3. ASU ( carey )
4. FOSTER
5. Mccombs

Most of these colleges rank 20-30 ( USA )

Should i aim higher ? Is there good chance of a profile like mine being accepted in a top 10 program ( as i belong to an over represented group )

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks in advance to all the experts out there !!!!

Tito

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Google, Facebook
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Since you're still in undergrad and you're interested in tech product management, have you considered the various associate product management programs offered by Google, Facebook, Uber, etc?

https://www.uberapms.com/
https://fbrpms.com/
https://careers.google.com/jobs#!t=jo&j ... 4168090142

An MBA can be helpful to becoming a PM, but if I had the option to go into product management without paying 2 years of tuition for an MBA / foregone income, I would certainly go down that route.

kutagull wrote:
Hi guys, I want to apply to some of the deferred programs, and right now I'm going into my junior year. I just want to know what else to do make me more competitive at application time.

American-Indian Male, 19 (Will be 21 at application)

B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Southern Cal GPA: 3.66 (Will graduate in 2020, but this GPA should remain stable or higher, finished all the hard ones)
M.S. Materials Engineering (Will Graduate in 2021)

GMAT: 720/730 by practice tests

3 years of research in two different labs, published an academic paper in a journal with the first, then switched to a materials engineering lab which I'll start in the fall
Summer internship with a chemical company in R&D

Additional Information:
College: Executive council member of American Institute of Chemical Engineers at college
Will be a paid tutor beginning in the fall for two years
Fluent in 3 languages - English, French, Telugu

Post MBA goals:
Would like to join a tech company in a product management role which I believe is a skill MBA's provide

Considering applying to HBS 2+2, and Stanford Deferred GSB, and MIT Sloan Deferred
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Would really appreciate an objective review of my profile. I realize I don't have a strong showing of quantitative experience based on my undergraduate majors and work experience, but am hoping that with a 700+ GMAT score, I can be competitive at some of the top schools.

I'm actively applying to Harvard Business School, Yale SOM, MIT Sloan, UW Foster, Georgetown McDonough, and potentially Wharton. Looking to whittle down my list based on what's possible and potentially add a safety school (or 2). I'm applying in the second round because I still need to take the GMAT. Essays are 95% completed. I'm also receiving recommendations from my direct supervisor (Head of Communications) and either one of my company's co-founders (depending on the school). They both work with me daily, have seen me in action, and attended HBS.

Background and nationality: 27 years old, Caucasian American

Undergrad Information: Political Science & Communications double major at UC Berkeley; 3.32 GPA; studied for a semester in Prague and received a 3.53 GPA (not calculated as part of total GPA)

GMAT: Planning to take in November. I know I need above a 730 to make up for low GPA

Work experience and leadership: I have about 5.5 years of post-college work experience. Directly out of college, I started working at a major Public Relations firm, working with top technology and consumer brands including Microsoft, GameStop, and Siemens. In three years, I was promoted three times and regularly received company awards as a result of my performance. For the past 2.5 years, I have worked for a unicorn startup in Silicon Valley as part of a two-person team managing global Public Relations. I report directly to the Head of Communications and work directly with the COO and CEO (both co-founders) and now manage a new member of our team. This year, my boss and I were awarded the most prestigious Public Relations award for "Best In-House Team". Outside of work, I am on the board of a local women's voting group and serve as a public affairs delegate for a statewide women's organization, working directly with state legislators in support of legislation that helps women and children.

Community and others: I spend a lot of time giving back to the community, both within and outside of the women's organizations in which I'm a participant. As part of a program to help students from underprivileged areas in San Francisco, I tutor a 7th grade student in all subject areas. I've been working with her weekly for two years and previously worked with another student for two years, ultimately helping her get into her top choice high school.

Post MBA goals: Post-MBA, I'd like to assume a management role at a startup, ideally in operations. In my current role, I work with all members of our management and executive teams and have seen first-hand what goes into operations and management. I'd like to learn more of those skills while getting my MBA and apply them directly to a role at a rapidly growing company. Long-term, I'd like to start my own company, likely in the consumer space.

Personal brand: I'm a driven and focused female manager at a unicorn startup and am looking to grow my management skills via an MBA.

Personal narrative: I've been integral in the success of my company, raising brand awareness significantly and helping to mitigate risks via crisis communications efforts. My peers would describe me as very calm under pressure and I'm known at my company for being someone who can always get the job done efficiently and effectively. I'm a storyteller by day and an active participant in women's groups by night, working hard to ensure that women leaders are represented in business, the community, and in politics. I'm eager to pursue an MBA in order to build the management and operations skills that I have not yet mastered, with the ultimate goal of one day starting my own company.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  53   
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
HBS & Haas Moderator
151 posts