GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
SVP
SVP
V
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 23:28
Rohan290493 wrote:
Hi.

Hoping everyone is safe around in this difficult year.

Looking forward to get my profile evaluated and knowing my chances for ISB batch of 2021.

GMAT: Yet to take the exam, planning to give it by august 2020. (considering to apply for R1)

Acads:
1) Class X: 88% (SSC Board)
2) Class XII: 80% (HSC Board)
3) Graduation: B.Tech in mechanical engineering with an 7.8/10 CGPA
4) A member of PMI (Project Management Institute) and undergone official PMI training.

Work Experience:

1. Started working with Jacobs Engineering, as a design engineer in 2015. Since i was keen towards the management profiles, changed my role and entered project management group in the same company with constant hard work and diligence.
Under the new role I outgrown myself professionally. In a short span of 6 months i was leading a multi million project as a project control lead with a team of three.
For the same project i received an excellence award from the client Exxon Mobil for being Agile,Committed, Transparent and Responsible.
Also, i was awarded with the highest excellence award of the company called TAP for excellent performance.

2. Recently, i have switched and i am now working with Tecnimont Pvt Ltd.since the last six months.
The role being a senior project engineer, i am working with the cost management team for an 1500 crore Indian project.

Apart from all this i have been widely participating firm wide activities including CSR and participating in competitions. In my first company i was leading a group called Jacobs Connect, which was responsible for all the cultural and safety management sessions held in the firm.

Extra-curricular activities:
- Marketing head of college’s Cultural and Technical Fest
- An active member of an NGO formed by us and a group of students called as burning minds.
- Conducted many workshops for students, the highlight being a pre-placement workshop conducted for the entire batch.
- National level Dance certificates, and other activities like photography, Drama, UV acts etc.
- School and college level active participation in sports like badminton and table tennis.
- National level trekking certificate.

Others:
- I had co-founded a start-up with my friend but we had to shut because of our job commitments and being in different cities created problems. But the FB of the same is active and we have been guiding students for all the while.

Hobbies:
- Modelling, I am level 2 Salsa dancer, trekking.

Thank you so much for reading through such a long post. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts on my chances at ISB 2021, my target score, and any other advice such as any courses which i can under go online to strengthen my portfolio.

P.S: Do you think getting into ISB in 2021 will be tougher than usual ?

Thanks & Regards,
Rohan.

Hi Rohan,

Its a pleasure reading your profile first thing as I log in. I see a lot of leadership experience and impact - the very criteria that matter to business schools. You are on a fast track growth and follow that up with ambitious (yet realistic) goals in the application.
You have a good mix of extra curricular activities, although most are from college. The CSR activity is a plus- that's also part of your extra-curriculars, fyi. Jacob Connect supports the leadership experience (leading the program) that I earlier talked about. Ofcourse the results you achieved through these activities and the impact they created on the beneficiaries would be equally important.
I am going to root for a 710+ GMAt score. In terms of strengthening your profile, at this time GMAt should be on top of list. Everything else looks good.

I think admission at ISB is very competitive every year. Even this year, the set of candidates who apply will remain similar, although the vacant seats may be lesser. Bottom line, is you should absolutely present the best application you can. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to chat further.

MBA Decoder is a team of consultants from LBS, Stanford, Kellogg and INSEAD. Our applicants have studied at Wharton, Stanford, LBS, Kellogg, Tuck, INSEAD, ISB, to name a few. We specialize in building MBA/MS applications from scratch to finish.

Book a FREE profile evaluation with us OR write to us at: contact@mbadecoder.com
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB'21
Please evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 01:29
Five years of experience in Industrial Automation ,Currently working as an Engineering Consultant(Power Plant) in an EPC Company
Have worked on 14 projects with clients all across the globe. Six months of onsite experience in South Korea.

NGO experience : 1.5 years of teaching underprivileged children.
Extra Curricular : Achieved Distinction for Vocal Music Exam till Grade 5 from Trinity College of Music .London,Trained in Hindustani Classical Music as well. Performed at various shows in Delhi/NCR/Bangalore.Also conducted fest in undergrad college.
Academics Xth :78.4%,Xii :80%,Engineering :73.3%

How much GMAT score would I require for ISB?
SVP
SVP
V
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 10:03
sukritidutta01 wrote:
Five years of experience in Industrial Automation ,Currently working as an Engineering Consultant(Power Plant) in an EPC Company
Have worked on 14 projects with clients all across the globe. Six months of onsite experience in South Korea.

NGO experience : 1.5 years of teaching underprivileged children.
Extra Curricular : Achieved Distinction for Vocal Music Exam till Grade 5 from Trinity College of Music .London,Trained in Hindustani Classical Music as well. Performed at various shows in Delhi/NCR/Bangalore.Also conducted fest in undergrad college.
Academics Xth :78.4%,Xii :80%,Engineering :73.3%

How much GMAT score would I require for ISB?

Hi Sukriti,

While there is no lower or upper limit on the required GMAT score, its beneficial to get a 700+.

MBA Decoder is a team of consultants from LBS, Stanford, Kellogg and INSEAD. Our applicants have studied at Wharton, Stanford, LBS, Kellogg, Tuck, INSEAD, ISB, to name a few. We specialize in building MBA/MS applications from scratch to finish.

Book a FREE profile evaluation with us OR write to us at: contact@mbadecoder.com
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: UVA Darden
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 10:20
Hello everyone,
Will be greatful for a profile evaluation.
Indian male, 24
Gmat -740

Preferred bschools - kellogg, , Columbia, emory, isb (india), rice (jones), darden

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

Worked full time during all three years of my college,
2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation,
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

With respect to the social impact, i am very happy and proud of the projects that i have successfully completed.
During my college days, was the head of the National service scheme, ( pretty big collaboration between colleges), though head of my own college.
Helped the workers and the domestic help to get themselves organised and worked with them forming a union registered with their local police stations bringing a regulation and oversight towards any wrongful treatment and exploitation against them.

For the past 4 years, I am a registered member of the heartfulness organization, an education and spirituality organization, teaching the younger generation about the importance and understanding of spirituality. Have organized seminars all across the country with an median attendance of about 2000-3000 people in every one of them.
Have been part of various initiatives such as the green kanha, wherein we strive and work towards environmental protection and preservation, planting thousands of trees and having a means for water conservation for the use of agricultural.

On a side note- i created 2 firms in the mining and mineral line, using my skills and knowledge to grab a solid opportunity, (wanted to strategically use funds, selling one business at a good profit and utilizing that to run my other firm and making it a export oriented unit, this sale freed up my investment and helped my family come out of a tough financial condition). The important part of this venture was to make it a self sustaining source of incomenfor my family and form a partnership with the right kind of people having excellent business management skills and good hold at a local level. Hopefully everything till now went as planned.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 09:28
My friend with 2 years of experience received admissions from ISB. I think you can apply as you are not from a regular IT profile but try to showcase leadership qualities.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: UVA Darden
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 10:57
mangamma wrote:
My friend with 2 years of experience received admissions from ISB. I think you can apply as you are not from a regular IT profile but try to showcase leadership qualities.

That is great. I have a non it background, and have managed good leadership position along with my own venture, but the thing i think i lack is the brand name associated with the firm, based on reading various forums and chats i think indian schools like isb tend to focus more on the brand name and the stats rather than the work and roles.
( thats less riskier i get that but still).
Please correct me if i am wrong, may be biased and pessimistic reading various forums and chat boxes.

Manager
Manager
G
Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 22:59
jeetsethi09 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Will be greatful for a profile evaluation.
Indian male, 24
Gmat -740

Preferred bschools - kellogg, , Columbia, emory, isb (india), rice (jones), darden

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

Worked full time during all three years of my college,
2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation,
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

Hi Jeet,

You've got a lot going for you,
- solid acads with a number of certifications. Most candidates in the field either have none or max 1 such laurels
- Work-ex: Although the experience you had during graduation wont be considered as full-time but adds a lot to your overall package. Your full-time work-ex with the MSME has a lot of achievements which can be used to highlight the key traits you bring to the table
- Your continuous experience in the development sector adds another dimension to your profile

For any school, the challenge would be to coherently package all (or most) of this together. Regarding brands, WHAT you've done matters slightly more than WHERE you did it. For Indian schools, brands are a signal to get a 'foot in the door' but that isn't the only thing. Hence, your chances at ISB wont be impacted simply because your firm(s) are not known in the market. You have a strong chance across all the schools you're targeting. All the best!

Cheers,
Manan

End-to-end admissions mentoring services to help you get into your dream MBA program

Reach out for a free essay review and profile evaluation
Moderator - Masters Forum
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 08:57
saileebh wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 690 [Quant:50 , Verbal:33, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Mumbai University in 2012 with 78%.
H.S.C: secured 92.17% from Science stream from Maharashtra Board in 2008.
S.S.C: secured 88.33% from Maharashtra Board in 2006.

Work Experience:
Working as a Quality Analyst in ThoughtWorks for 21 months now.

Extra Curricular:
I spoke at Grace Hopper Conference (GHC), Bangalore in 2013 about Accessibility Testing and also in an ThoughtWorks internal testing conference VodQA about Security testing. I also have attended OWASP security conference in the same year.
I have also participate in organizing different internal events for ThoughtWorks.

I love meeting different people, conversing with them.
I love playing different outdoor sports like cricket, volleyball, basketball,etc. Also, I participated in different sports since school days.

For ISB, applicants require 2 years of WE by the program start date. You will complete 31 months by the program start date. so, need not worry, focus on profile building such as essays, strong recommendations. All the best.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
Profile Evaluation request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 05:46
Hi, am planning on applying for 2021 intake. Yet to give GMAT, aiming for the last week of July.

Hoping you could help me evaluate where I stand, here is my profile GIST.

10th - Andhra Pradesh Board, 79.
12th - Andhra Pradesh Board - 81% - Commerce, Civics and Economics
BCOM from IGNOU, 61%

2 gap years between Articles and first job due to personal reasons.

Chartered Accountancy - Nov, 2018 -

Work Exp, 6 years Excluding Articles

4 years at a media & event management company in Finance & Taxation profile - Asst. Manager - promoted from Sr. Finance executive.

Lead a team of 4 members in the end to end handling of GST audit at divisional level - including planning, review of the workings and supportings, co-ordination with GST auditors.

Single point of contact for direct and indirect taxation / transactional / revenue queries from business team / vendors and clients.

An active participant in Finalisation and preparation of financials at the year-end - including preparation of schedules as per Accounting Standards.

Profile in the role of individual contributor includes - liaison with business team on aspects of revenue recognition, Taxation, planning aspects of cash and fund management for the projects, implementing of internal controls.

Additional responsibilities: Projections of fund requirements and budgeting for the month / quarter / year - variance analysis.

Achievements: Identified errors in billing from vendors resulting in saving of Approx. 30 L, Concluded GST audit independently with a clean report before the other two zones in the company. Automated certain time-consuming tasks performed by executives using the available tools.

1 year with Ola cabs

Part of the team overseeing the transition to Oracle Financials
Team lead for North Zone - operations and Single point of contact for first escalations.
Single point of contact form the team for monthly and daily closure and reports.

2 years: 1 year before graduation, with an Income Tax practitioner.

Handling Tax audits under 44AB of Income Tax act
Service Tax consultancy
Representations before ITO and preparation of paperwork for Appeals at Appellate Tribunal.

Extracurricular:
Completed Advanced Valuation and Strategy - M&A, Private Equity, and Venture Capital on Coursera

Runner up place during intercollegiate Team Quiz competition during +2
No documentation available for the below
Volunteer for Spandana - Intercollegiate fest during +2
Class representative during +2

Has a personal blog for short stories - sporadic posts.
A regular contributor on one online forum for fiction writers.
A micro tale got selected for one of the anthologies.
SVP
SVP
V

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 22:41
vijk wrote:
Hi, am planning on applying for 2021 intake. Yet to give GMAT, aiming for the last week of July.

Hoping you could help me evaluate where I stand, here is my profile GIST.

10th - Andhra Pradesh Board, 79.
12th - Andhra Pradesh Board - 81% - Commerce, Civics and Economics
BCOM from IGNOU, 61%

2 gap years between Articles and first job due to personal reasons.

Chartered Accountancy - Nov, 2018 -

Work Exp, 6 years Excluding Articles

4 years at a media & event management company in Finance & Taxation profile - Asst. Manager - promoted from Sr. Finance executive.

Lead a team of 4 members in the end to end handling of GST audit at divisional level - including planning, review of the workings and supportings, co-ordination with GST auditors.

Single point of contact for direct and indirect taxation / transactional / revenue queries from business team / vendors and clients.

An active participant in Finalisation and preparation of financials at the year-end - including preparation of schedules as per Accounting Standards.

Profile in the role of individual contributor includes - liaison with business team on aspects of revenue recognition, Taxation, planning aspects of cash and fund management for the projects, implementing of internal controls.

Additional responsibilities: Projections of fund requirements and budgeting for the month / quarter / year - variance analysis.

Achievements: Identified errors in billing from vendors resulting in saving of Approx. 30 L, Concluded GST audit independently with a clean report before the other two zones in the company. Automated certain time-consuming tasks performed by executives using the available tools.

1 year with Ola cabs

Part of the team overseeing the transition to Oracle Financials
Team lead for North Zone - operations and Single point of contact for first escalations.
Single point of contact form the team for monthly and daily closure and reports.

2 years: 1 year before graduation, with an Income Tax practitioner.

Handling Tax audits under 44AB of Income Tax act
Service Tax consultancy
Representations before ITO and preparation of paperwork for Appeals at Appellate Tribunal.

Extracurricular:
Completed Advanced Valuation and Strategy - M&A, Private Equity, and Venture Capital on Coursera

Runner up place during intercollegiate Team Quiz competition during +2
No documentation available for the below
Volunteer for Spandana - Intercollegiate fest during +2
Class representative during +2

Has a personal blog for short stories - sporadic posts.
A regular contributor on one online forum for fiction writers.
A micro tale got selected for one of the anthologies.

Hi Vijk,

In your work experience, I'd ask you to focus upon the impact you made through your work. For example, while "end to end handling of GST audit at divisional level" well sounds as boring, it will be more relevant to mention how you overcame challenges related to GST implementation and made your organization GST ready (That would have happened within your tenure at your company).
Similarly, I find the work done related to : liaison with business team on aspects of revenue recognition, Taxation, planning aspects of cash and fund management for the projects- as more impactful from a strategic perspective.
ISB does not consider articleship as full time work experience, so you will have to exclude that if you are counting your one year article ship experience post-graduation into FT experience. Also, do check on this once with ISB/ reading through their FAQs.
Lastly, you will have to explain the two year gap in employment. ALthough its not desirable, but that's in the past and nothing can be done about it. So an explanation in the application form should help.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 06:22
Hello Everyone

Requesting for a profile evaluation.

10: 87%
10+2: 76%
B.E. Civil (state Govt Engg college):78%

Work Ex:
HSCL (PSU under Ministry of steel): 6 months as Asst Site Engineer in a project of Storage Development under FCI
RITES (PSU under Ministry of Railways): 6 months as Engineer (Civil) in a Railway Siding Project under NTPC

Gap of 1.5 years as I started preparing for GATE exam.

IOCL (PSU under Ministry of Petroleum): 4.5 years. (i) 3.5 years in Contract Management where i have handled around 200 tenders and finalised more than 500 contracts. Vendor Management, Negotiations were part of the job. (ii) 1 year as Engineering Officer where i have looked after Construction and Civil Maintenance Related work.

Extra Curricular:
1. While I was in class 12, i participated in KVS National Level Sports Meet.
2. Won a number of prizes in Badminton in College Level, Local Area Level and in Company Level.
3. Won a number of Prizes (around 30) in robotics and Model Bridge Building competitions that I took part during college (Undergrad).
4. Published four research papers related to final year project during college (Undergrad).
5. Core committee member of College Placement Cell (Undergrad).

I am presently preparing for GMAT and targeting a score of 700.

Please guide me if i have to score more in GMAT and whether 1.5 year of gap will have negative effect on my application.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 07:39
RAHULDDAS wrote:
Hello Everyone

Requesting for a profile evaluation.

10: 87%
10+2: 76%
B.E. Civil (state Govt Engg college):78%

Work Ex:
HSCL (PSU under Ministry of steel): 6 months as Asst Site Engineer in a project of Storage Development under FCI
RITES (PSU under Ministry of Railways): 6 months as Engineer (Civil) in a Railway Siding Project under NTPC

Gap of 1.5 years as I started preparing for GATE exam.

IOCL (PSU under Ministry of Petroleum): 4.5 years. (i) 3.5 years in Contract Management where i have handled around 200 tenders and finalised more than 500 contracts. Vendor Management, Negotiations were part of the job. (ii) 1 year as Engineering Officer where i have looked after Construction and Civil Maintenance Related work.

Extra Curricular:
1. While I was in class 12, i participated in KVS National Level Sports Meet.
2. Won a number of prizes in Badminton in College Level, Local Area Level and in Company Level.
3. Won a number of Prizes (around 30) in robotics and Model Bridge Building competitions that I took part during college (Undergrad).
4. Published four research papers related to final year project during college (Undergrad).
5. Core committee member of College Placement Cell (Undergrad).

I am presently preparing for GMAT and targeting a score of 700.

Please guide me if i have to score more in GMAT and whether 1.5 year of gap will have negative effect on my application.

Hi Rahul,
You have an average academic profile, but this can be compensated with a high GMAT score. You should target for an above-average (710+) GMAT score for getting an interview call from ISB. However, GMAT score or academic performance constitutes only one part of your application. You need to substantiate your GMAT score with good essays highlighting your versatile experience in 3 different PSUs. You have worked under 3 important Govt. Ministries such as Steel, Railways and Petroleum in a short span of time. This is something rare and you need to showcase this in your application.

You have also mentioned about a gap in your work profile. Work experience gap is generally not considered positively by the admission committee. But since you are from public sector background, you can pitch in differently. There has been clear jump in the level of job that you achieved by virtue of GATE exam. In Govt/PSU sector, such career jump is possible only through national level exams which take a lot of effort and time. We have examples of many such cases of successful candidates with work ex gap who have made it to ISB. You need to show your application in a very different way to convince the adcom. There are other unique ways to turn this gap into your strength especially from PSU perspective.

Feel free to register for a free admission counselling session to have a one on one detailed analysis of your career and future.
All the best!

Email: support@psutoprivate.com | +91 9470357620 |Website | https://www.linkedin.com/company/psutoprivate

Mentors from your domain|Unlimited mentoring|Mock interviews by expert panel

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2020, 02:22
RAHULDDAS wrote:

Hi Rahul, I am afraid 1.5 years of gap is indeed not a good news; the good part however is, that you an compensate for this gap, by scoring exceedingly well on your GMAT.

Good luck!

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Intern
Intern
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2020, 07:15
Hello everyone,

5 yrs of work ex as a software engineer with MNCs and Product based companies.
Xth-88%
XIIth-70%
B.tech-64%
Short term onsite experience in Ireland.
2 yrs of gap in education.

How is the profile and what Gmat score should i target?

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2020, 19:58
sah91 wrote:
Hello everyone,

5 yrs of work ex as a software engineer with MNCs and Product based companies.
Xth-88%
XIIth-70%
B.tech-64%
Short term onsite experience in Ireland.
2 yrs of gap in education.

How is the profile and what Gmat score should i target?

Hello!
This large a gap in experience should have a very solid explanation. Otherwise, it wont be taken positively by the adcom. Your average acads and work profile (IT sector) would make it difficult for you to make it. Could you share a bit more about your interests and experiences outside work? Also, any laurels at work?

Regards,
Manan

End-to-end admissions mentoring services to help you get into your dream MBA program

Reach out for a free essay review and profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 11 Jun 2020, 06:04
Hi, can anyone evaluate my profile?
For ISB YLP

High School- 85.6%
Intermediate - 90.6% ( State board merit list)
Undergraduate - 8.55 CGPA
GMAT - Have not taken yet

Intern- ONGC And OIL
Also worked with NGO for a month
Job- Probably would be joining Adani Gas at the time of interview
Extracurricular- Have been part of organizing committees (College fest), Event head of event in Fest, Was part of the runner up the cricket team in Intra college cricket tournament and Have been participating in various competitions and winner of few ( in the college only)

Edit1- I forgot to mention the ISB YLP and NGO, kindly advise regarding my admission.

Originally posted by Anuargsinghrana on 10 Jun 2020, 08:17.
Last edited by Anuargsinghrana on 11 Jun 2020, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Haas '22, ISB '21
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 18:49
Hello everyone, I'm looking to apply to the R1 2021 intake. Would love to get community's thoughts on my profile and my chances. Thanks in advance!

Background: 25-yo Indian male.

Undergrad: 6/10.00 undergrad, majored in computer science from a state university.

GMAT: Haven't taken yet but tracking 730 on practice tests without complete review yet. [What score can I get away with?]

Work experience: Total 4 years of work experience as of Aug 20.

1 year at an seed-stage venture capital firm.

2 years of leadership development program at a high growth robotics startup. Here I ​led multiple strategic initiatives​, ​launched and scaled new cross-functional programs​, and ​developed leadership communications​ & company narratives.

1 year of SW Product Management at the same startup.

2 promotions so far, and multiple recognitions by the company CEO.

Extra-curricular: Volunteered with a national not-for-profit for 3 years, helping and enabling local entrepreneurs.

Post MBA goals
Short term: Join a VC / PE firm and gain more experience and credibility for my medium/long-term goal (below)
Medium/Long term: Launch my own VC fund to support enable local entrepreneurs and help build the Indian growth story.
SVP
SVP
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 22:41
harshalbot wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm looking to apply to the R1 2021 intake. Would love to get community's thoughts on my profile and my chances. Thanks in advance!

Background: 25-yo Indian male.

Undergrad: 6/10.00 undergrad, majored in computer science from a state university.

GMAT: Haven't taken yet but tracking 730 on practice tests without complete review yet. [What score can I get away with?]

2 years of leadership development program at a high growth robotics startup. Here I ​led multiple strategic initiatives​, ​launched and scaled new cross-functional programs​, and ​developed leadership communications​ & company narratives.

1 year of SW Product Management at the same startup.

2 promotions so far, and multiple recognitions by the company CEO.

Extra-curricular: Volunteered with a national not-for-profit for 3 years, helping and enabling local entrepreneurs.

Post MBA goals
Short term: Join a VC / PE firm and gain more experience and credibility for my medium/long-term goal (below)
Medium/Long term: Launch my own VC fund to support enable local entrepreneurs and help build the Indian growth story.

Hi,

You will have to aim for a 730 or higher GMAT to bolster your academic profile. The college GPA is not very helpful here. So keep aiming higher, also get your recommender to mention your number-crunching skills.

The jump to VC from a startup is impressive and will give you some advantage in the difficult VC/PE recruiting, which is already at a low given the current market scenario and startups going bust. A personal network while at ISB will be important to land the VC role post PGP, in case on-campus recruiting doesn't work for you. I am a little unclear about the LDP at the robotics startups- mostly LDPs run in established companies, I haven't heard of one in a startup.
Lastly, I'll touch upon the goals. Launching your own fund is difficult. it requires an excellent track record in the industry and tremendous credibility. You can achieve the same goal of funding startups via a partner level position at a VC, why talk about starting your fund?

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 00:15
harshalbot wrote:

Hi harshalbot, did you start your career with a VC firm and then subsequently switch to robotics/SW Product Management?

If yes, then we need to think thru why you want to go back to joining a VC firm. Overall, since there seem to be quite drastic career changes, statement of purpose would pose to be a challenge.

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 00:57
My name is Balvindra Pratap Singh and I am working as a marine engineer for last 5 years.My academic and professional experience is provided below.
Class 10th(CBSE)2006 -90%(i had scored 100 marks in science and received merit certificate from CBSE board)
Class 12th(CBSE)2008-77%
Btec in marine engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and science ,Pilani.I had scored 78.5%.
After college i had joined NYK LINES,a japaneese company, and worked there for 2 years as 3rd assistant engineer.
Then i switched to MITSUI OSK LINES,Japan and i am currently working there for last 3 years as 2nd assistant engineer in their Liquified Natural Gas ships.
In my 5 years of sea experience, I have shown leadership in many instances and motivated people for safe working culture.Once i was a part of an invegtigation team on board a ship.I have global experience of working with around 7 different nationalities.
My hobbies include poetry,hockey,trekking and paragliding.
I have worked for Non Profit Organisations as well.
Please evaluate my profile and accordingly suggest me to improve more.
Thank you!!!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 11 Jun 2020, 00:57

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  171   172   173   174   175  ...  191    Next  [ 3812 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, elPatron434