Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
samarthc87 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please review my profile and what are the chances of getting into ISB

GMAT score (Q-48,V-34)
4+ years of Management Consulting Experience with Accenture Strategy working across Europe, Middle East, USA and Asia
2 Years of experience with Indian Oil Corporation Limited in the Marketing Division
Graduation (Vellore Institute of Technology) - CGPA (9.53)
12th (CBSE) - 91.8%
10th (CBSE) - 86%

Thanks!

Hi

Your GMAT score should translate to a 670. That is a bit on the edge. If possible, try and raise it. If a retake is not possible, you could apply even with this score.

On the academics and professional aspects, your profile is really solid. No worries there. No mention of ECA but if those are even just about ok, you should be fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much for the reply!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello Club!
I will be applying to ISB R-2 for the class of 2018.
Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile:
10th (SSC) : 86.00
12th(HSC): 69.71
B.E (Electrical Engineering, GHRCE, Nagpur University) : 7.64/10

Work Exp:
Fellow, Teach For India: 2 years (Taught in a Bombay Municipality School of a low income community for 2 years)
Associate, Indian Political Action Committee: 6 months (Supervised election strategy and campaigning for 10 Assembly Constituencies in Punjab)

Volunteering:
AIESEC in Nagpur: Vice President, Marketing and Information Management: 2 years

I'm yet to take the GMAT. What would be a good score to get a sure shot call with the hindsight of my profile?
Attachments

File comment: PFA a copy of my resume.
Resume_KaustubhUlhe.pdf [88.94 KiB]
Downloaded 113 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: ISB '18
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello,

My profile is as follows:
10th: 91%
12th :84%
B.E CGPA 7.35
Experience : 2.4 years IT

ITIL certified,certified in ITSM tool.
Good extracurricular record.

Yet to give GMAT.
Any recommendations for which colleges and what score to target ?

Also will it be wise to look for a switch to marketing/consulting domain ?

Saksham
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sakshamgmat wrote:
Hello,

My profile is as follows:
10th: 91%
12th :84%
B.E CGPA 7.35
Experience : 2.4 years IT

ITIL certified,certified in ITSM tool.
Good extracurricular record.

Yet to give GMAT.
Any recommendations for which colleges and what score to target ?

Also will it be wise to look for a switch to marketing/consulting domain ?

Saksham

Hi Saksham

Your selection set in terms of schools is fairly limited at this stage - it is ISB you can aim at, as the other programs will require more experience.

Aim for a 700+ GMAT definitely (of course the higher the better). A switch to consulting may be possible with your profile but marketing may be a stretch.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Kaustubh_TFI wrote:
Hello Club!

Work Exp:
Fellow, Teach For India: 2 years (Taught in a Bombay Municipality School of a low income community for 2 years)
Associate, Indian Political Action Committee: 6 months (Supervised election strategy and campaigning for 10 Assembly Constituencies in Punjab)

Volunteering:

I'm yet to take the GMAT. What would be a good score to get a sure shot call with the hindsight of my profile?

Hi Kaustubh

- The TFI experience will be a big plus and establishes your leadership clearly. The I-PAC experience helps as well.
- Are you currently with I-PAC full-time? If not, and there is a gap, this might be a bit of a negative.
- Target 700+ on the GMAT, and in your case, clarity of career goals and the need for an MBA will be important. What do you plan to do post-MBA?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
Kaustubh_TFI wrote:
Hello Club!

Work Exp:

Volunteering:

Hi Kaustubh

- The TFI experience will be a big plus and establishes your leadership clearly. The I-PAC experience helps as well.
- Are you currently with I-PAC full-time? If not, and there is a gap, this might be a bit of a negative.
- Target 700+ on the GMAT, and in your case, clarity of career goals and the need for an MBA will be important. What do you plan to do post-MBA?

Hi GyanOne,
Thank you for your prompt response.

I graduted in April'14 and started pursuing my fellowship in May'14 which commenced in April'16. I joined IPAC in May'16 and left in the first week of October'16 to prepare for the GMAT in Jan as the unforgiving working hours (~12hours) wouldn't allow me to work and prep for GMAT simultaneously.
Indian Polity and Education are my core areas of interest and I want to integrate them in the long term as I plan to start an initiative in my home state which not only educates the electorate but also empowers them to make an informed decision while casting their votes. I believe we can practice transparent and incorruptible elections free from communalism and electoral fraud.
ISB has a core strength in consulting and offers proven learning methods which nurture entrepreneurship, ethics and leadership. That is precisely what I need to further build my skill sets, crystallize my vision and forge a network of leaders supporting this mission.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Quote:
Hi GyanOne,
Thank you for your prompt response.

I graduted in April'14 and started pursuing my fellowship in May'14 which commenced in April'16. I joined IPAC in May'16 and left in the first week of October'16 to prepare for the GMAT in Jan as the unforgiving working hours (~12hours) wouldn't allow me to work and prep for GMAT simultaneously.
Indian Polity and Education are my core areas of interest and I want to integrate them in the long term as I plan to start an initiative in my home state which not only educates the electorate but also empowers them to make an informed decision while casting their votes. I believe we can practice transparent and incorruptible elections free from communalism and electoral fraud.
ISB has a core strength in consulting and offers proven learning methods which nurture entrepreneurship, ethics and leadership. That is precisely what I need to further build my skill sets, crystallize my vision and forge a network of leaders supporting this mission.

Hi Kaustubh

While we understand your vision and your intentions (and also acknowledge that you have certainly walked the talk with respect to these unlike many others who just state such ambitions), you must also keep the following in mind:
- The goal you state here will need to be shaped much more to appeal to ISB. As of now, this is more of a vision than a tangible target. The connection to an MBA is also not strong at this point (we understand you will shape it further)
- While a short break from work (1-2 months) is ok, do not extend it beyond as it will begin to hurt your application. Most people take the GMAT and apply while also working full-time, so taking time off for this may be seen as an aberration.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi!

I am a 2014 engineering graduate (5 year Dual Degree program - B.Tech+M.Tech). Please evaluate my profile:

Work Experience: 1. Business Analyst, ZS Associates, Analytics Consulting (20 months)
2. Analyst - Risk and Info Management II, American Express (8 months)

Graduation College: IIT Kharagpur

GPA: 9.37/10 (3.75 on a scale of 4)

GMAT: 760 (Q-51, V-40)

Extra-curriculars: Co-ordinator of department fest,
President/Secretary of college chapter of EWB (Engineers Without Borders - social organization); 2 years
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
arpitrohatgi wrote:
Hi!

I am a 2014 engineering graduate (5 year Dual Degree program - B.Tech+M.Tech). Please evaluate my profile:

Work Experience: 1. Business Analyst, ZS Associates, Analytics Consulting (20 months)
2. Analyst - Risk and Info Management II, American Express (8 months)

Graduation College: IIT Kharagpur

GPA: 9.37/10 (3.75 on a scale of 4)

GMAT: 760 (Q-51, V-40)

Extra-curriculars: Co-ordinator of department fest,
President/Secretary of college chapter of EWB (Engineers Without Borders - social organization); 2 years

If you crack the interview, think your admission would be a breeze.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.41
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi all,

If anyone has the time, can you please help evaluate my Profile:

GMAT Score : 730 (Q 49, V40, IR7, AWA : Still to recieve)
Bachelors: B Tech Chemical ( WBUT)
CGPA: 8.54
10th: 87.6
12th: 87.8

Work Ex:
Industry: Gases Industry, Sector: Project Management
2011-2012 : Project Management : Responsible for logistics, Vendor Management and material expedition.
2012-2014 : Site Construction - Responsible for Erection of Piping and Equipment for Nitrogen and VPSA Plants.
2014-2015 : Site and Project Closing - Final Closure and Payment settlement with both contractor and Client
2015-Present : Project Planning and Scheduling - Maintaining L2,L3 Schedules for various projects and creating monthly reports for review and redressal of delays.

Employed in a leading EPC MNC which is the market leader in the gases sector.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
aurko wrote:
Hi all,

Work Ex:
2011-2012 : Project Management : Responsible for logistics, Vendor Management and material expedition.
2012-2014 : Site Construction - Responsible for Erection of Piping and Equipment for Nitrogen and VPSA Plants.
2014-2015 : Site and Project Closing - Final Closure and Payment settlement with both contractor and Client
2015-Present : Project Planning and Scheduling - Maintaining L2,L3 Schedules for various projects and creating monthly reports for review and redressal of delays.

Hi Aurko,

You have a great GMAT score and substantial experience.
Key to admissions will be submitting a competitive application. Focus upon the non technical aspects of your work experience - the leadership skills and other soft skills. Also clear career goals and the need for an MBA will help in making your case stronger.

Reach out if you wish to discuss further
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
aurko wrote:
Hi all,

Work Ex:

Your overall candidature is pretty strong. 730 on GMAT is good and diverse sector experience will help. Project mgmt, vendor mgmt and logistics experience can be used well to differentiate yourself from other applicants.

Research your post MBA goals well. If you can make a coherent story and link it with your pre MBA experience, you stand a good chance.

Feel free to contact us if you have any queries.

Apphelp Team
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

Here is my brief Profile:

Indian Male , 29 yrs

UG : B tech Civil Engg - 2009 Passout , IIT Delhi
UG - CGPA : 6.5 /10 (Was working part time for the most part.. to provide financial support to my family)

Certifications :
Passed CT-3(Probability and Stochastic) Actuarial exam (8% passing rate. 2009)
CFA Level 1 Pass (Top bracket in all subjects , 2010)

Work Exp :
7+ yrs in Marketing Analytics and Consulting (5 yrs in 2 Top International Banks).
Spent first 2 years in 2 start ups. First one got shut down in an year and in the second one I got a promotion within 6 months as a recognition for my performance. Left it after an year after getting a better opportunity.
Currently Managing a portfolio strategy team, consisting of 4 Data analysts, of cards portfolio in my current role for last 2 years;
Had played an instrumental role in setting up an offshore Analytics team(5 members) in the past for an International Bank;
4 yrs of Total experience in leading the teams.
Consistently Top Rated among my peer group. Rated best among my peer group twice in last 4 years across 2 international banks as an senior analyst and now as a manager.
Machine learning and statistics trainer In my organization.
4 professional awards. 3 in last 2 years

Extracurricular
Long distance running 10K 21K
Recently joined Toastmasters
Plays Football and Cricket Regularly and used to play Lawn Tennis during IIT days.
Dramatics and Sports Extracurriculars during BTech

GMAT : 740

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
deepds wrote:
Hi,

Indian Male , 29 yrs

UG - CGPA : 6.5 /10 (Was working part time for the most part.. to provide financial support to my family)

Certifications :

Work Exp :
7+ yrs in Marketing Analytics and Consulting (5 yrs in 2 Top International Banks).
Spent first 2 years in 2 start ups. First one got shut down in an year and in the second one I got a promotion within 6 months as a recognition for my performance. Left it after an year after getting a better opportunity.
Currently Managing a portfolio strategy team, consisting of 4 Data analysts, of cards portfolio in my current role for last 2 years;
Had played an instrumental role in setting up an offshore Analytics team(5 members) in the past for an International Bank;
Consistently Top Rated among my peer group. Rated best among my peer group twice in last 4 years across 2 international banks as an senior analyst and now as a manager.

Extracurricular
Plays Football and Cricket Regularly and used to play Lawn Tennis during IIT days.

Great profile.
What you will need to work upon is, pitting up a meaningful career story - what are your career goals? Are they possible to attain through ISB (if not make that clear that you will find yourself a job)? And why do you want an MBA now at this point in your career?

Do reach out if you'd want to discuss in more detail.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
deepds wrote:
Hi,

Indian Male , 29 yrs

Certifications :

Work Exp :

Extracurricular

Great profile.
What you will need to work upon is, pitting up a meaningful career story - what are your career goals? Are they possible to attain through ISB (if not make that clear that you will find yourself a job)? And why do you want an MBA now at this point in your career?

Do reach out if you'd want to discuss in more detail.

Thanks for your response.

Since most of my experience has been in Marketing analytics and I have worked extensively with Strategy/Product teams , I believe a move to a Strategy/Product manager roles in Banks , Retail or e-commerce companies post my mba will be a good career advancement for me.
And a lot of companies hire from ISB for such roles.

I have a few questions though.

1. How much of a deterrent will be my Undergrad gpa? And should I try to Improve my Gmat further to compensate for that? Will a CFA L2 next June'17 help if I think about applying next year?

2. Do you believe working for so many organizations in my 7+ years of WE will be a negative? And how do you think I can compensate for that.

3. I don't have any ECs with leadership experience.. though I have been doing project management for Some time.. will it be a red flag on my application?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hello,

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at ISB ?

Many Thanks :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21  ...  307