Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:53 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
alokspa wrote:
Hello
So if you want to give this year a shot- here are some schools where I think you have good odds for even this year:
SMU Cox
BYU
GWU (George Washington University)
Georgia MBA (Terry)
Temple
Owen

And I think there are others also- what you can do is look for schools that have an acceptance rate closer to 30-50% range- so they accept a good number of people that apply- but not so many that anyone can get in, and then target schools with an average GMAT score more like 650 ish where your score will attract some attention- and then your good work experience may get noticed a little more clearly. Owen's GMAT avg is right at yours now so that might be a stretch- but still worth a try. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply

As suggested by you I am considering retaking the GMAT. But If I do so I'll not be eligible for this year intake. I don't want to miss another year.
I am okay with Top 25-45 B schools. Because those schools will also help me serve my goal.

If I am ready to apply for Top 25-45 B schools (with 12-18 months course duration), which schools do you see me having good chances at getting accepted.

StratusMBACounselor wrote:
alokspa wrote:
Hello Experts

GMAT 690 Q 50 V 33 IR 6
BTECH Mechanical CGPA 6.3/10
Experience 80 months (2 years in management & marketing of our family owned educational institute)
Rest 5 years in Deisgn of metro trains, High speed strains & trams

Few highlights of my profile.
Was a major contributor to the first ever metro train to be designed by in India. Was part of the project from start to end. During this project lead many sub systems.
Expertise in handling pilot projects, building resource pool for future bids, mentoring junior colleagues, leading teams of 10-20, experience in handling client from 4 different nationalities, considered one of the best in a pool of 1000 in my technical domain.

Successfully created a pool of 50+ employees in a transportation domain. As a result won a 6 year contract worth multimillion dollar contract with one of the 3 largest train manufacturer in the world.

Have trained over 150 peers.

Managed 1 long term project & 1 short term for close to 3 years. Received team of the month 7 times in the process.
Have applied for 1 patent in rail under frame.

What I believe my career goal has been the same for last 3/4 years. I am going for MBA to achieve that. complicated thing is that my goal is not broad. Its narrow. Its very specific.

My CGPA is not very impressive. I didn’t have much time to prepare for GMAT. Should I retake? (due to new project it wll be very tough to take out time for GMAT)When your GPA is lower, the best way to make up for it is with a higher GMAT score- since your chances for this year are very slim with most R2 deadlines already passed- and with it the better odds... I suggest you take the next few months to focus on getting a higher GMAT.

Even though I have handled foreign clients for 5 year, never got a chance to work from foreign location. But I have worked from client location for more than 2 years in their design centers located in India. Is this going to impact dearly?I don't think so- I think showing that cross cultural exposure and what you learned will come through.

Should I apply with my current GMAT score? If yes what colleges I should be applying for realistically? (My preference is Top 40, Location no bar, 12-18 months duration)So if your goal is top 20- then get a higher GMAT. If you aspire to top 40 US programs- you may be able to find something in R3 and be competitive as your work experience sounds very impressive.

Would appreciate honest feedback. Do i have a decent shot in the game?

see my comments above- don't see the current GMAT / GPA combo getting much traction for R3 top 20... but maybe top 40 if closer to the 40 and not the 20.... but I think your best bet is to take these few months and really focus on getting GMAT up, then next year apply R1 and the future looks much better.
Regards
Alok
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]