Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 14:33 It is currently 08 May 2024, 14:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Human Resources (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 845 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Stanford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
wwh72 wrote:
Hi! Would highly appreciate a profile assessment, and input on some questions below.

· Demographics: Indonesian, M

· Education: Top 2 local university, 3.7, Business

· Other coursework or post-undergraduate education: One semester abroad in Europe

· GMAT or GRE: 760 (Q48, V47)

· Work experience:
2 years of MBB consulting, with a focus on digital/analytics in banking - 1 promotion
2 years (upon matriculation) in a large holdings company (top 10 in market cap in my country), where I started out the digital strategy team - non-managerial role, but beginning to get leadership assignments - which is a reason why I am applying now

· Extracurricular activities:
Post-undergrad:
- Advisor to a nonprofit focused on upskilling workers to tech roles
- Mentor to business case competition teams at my alma mater
Undergrad:
- Leadership role in my undergrad organization

· Post-MBA goals:
- Short term: Join the product or strategy team in an established fintech company
- Long term: Become a leader in the fintech space in my country

1) I received a couple of low grades in undergrad (D equivalent) - should I address this in the additional info section? Not sure what exactly what I'd put, given that I don't exactly have a strong excuse.

2) Are Southeast Asian (non-Chinese, non-Indian) applicants considered under or overrepresented?

3) Would it be ok if both my recommendation letters came from my current company, even if I haven't spent as much time here yet as in my previous (MBB) company? I work much more closely with the managers/directors here.

Thank you!

Congrats on that GMAT score! To answer your questions:

1) Yes. You want to provide context for what happened. Take responsibility if it was something like poor time management or immaturity.
2) Definitely not over-represented, and possibly underrepresented, but focus more on your achievements.
3) It's OK, but I think it would be better if you got one from your previous employer and one from your current employer. Don't worry if your former supervisor doesn't have a high title.

Best,
Linda
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Stanford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi amen266868,

Thanks for providing a detailed profile and you’ve got it great! Your post-MBA goal is really great and definitely puts you at a great spot by providing for the ‘diversity’. Your stats are really great and that you’ve ranked 7 in your PGDM can give an idea of ‘intellect’. One area that I did not understand is your step of taking Sociology and if you highlight it in your applications you must have a good reason for it. Your work experience seems great and you really have impacted almost every organization you’ve peen a part of and, if narrated aptly, can help you stand out in the pool of Indian male engineers. And it goes the same with your extracurriculars. What really caught my eye is you started a coaching institute and that too very early, in your college life. It speaks for your ability to take initiatives from an early stage.

About the international experience, I want to bust one popular myth here, you do not have to step out of the country just for official work in order to gain this. You have already traveled 6 nations and if you are able to explain how these experiences helped broaden your perspective and shape your personality, it is a plus to you. Also, I would recommend you to highlight these in your profile:

Intellect: You need to highlight more about your intellectual curiosity, your initiatives, ability to challenge the status quo.

Strong Leadership: How you have changed lives, organizations, and the world

Personal Qualities: Highlight your values, passion, beliefs in terms of how you can contribute to the Stanford community.

What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story. Also, your profile seems great for other schools under M7. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. You can always visit our site ‘MBA and Beyond and schedule a call with us.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

amen266868 wrote:
Kindly review my profile and provide your valuable suggestions. Please be kind enough to point out stretch and target schools for my profile.

Profile Summary

32 year old Indian working as an Industrial Relations Manager in India in a Public Sector Undertaking with a PGDM from an AACSB Accredited B-school in India and B.Tech from an NIT; GMAT: 740

Education & Work-Ex (Provided Chronologically)

B.Tech. from an NIT with 8+ CGPA (Ranked within #10 in Civil Engineering)

Post B.Tech. worked with a construction company for 8 months

Then went for PGDM from a Tier 2 Bschool (AACSB & AMBA Accredited) in India
-Ranked #7 out of 291 students
-Studied Finance & HR

After PGDM, I took a break of 8 months to travel and study Sociology (took joining extension from the organization)

Joined the largest steel manufacturer of India as Junior Manager in the HR Domain and worked for 1 year 3 months
-Managed trade unions and blue-collared work-persons in a highly unionized work environment
-Received a couple of appreciation letters for conduction trade union elections and introducing biometric attendance

Joined a Big 4 as a Consultant in their Government and PSU Consulting Division
-Worked for 45 days only; Quit because I received an offer from a Fortune 500 oil PSU

Worked with the Fortune 500 oil PSU (largest refiner of India) for 2 year 9 months
-Management trade unions, engaged with communities, liaised with Civil Administration
-Acted as Nodal Officer for digitalization of land assets of the oldest refinery of Asia
-Undertook a number of change management initiatives saving crores for the organization

Joined another upstream oil PSU (second largest upstream company of India) at a higher position and rank as Manager (Employee Relations)
-Currently looking after contract labour management managing 11 contract labour unions involving 10K contract labours (It has been 16 months till now)
-Negotiated a long term settlement with 5 contract labour unions touching the lives of 2500 contract labours
-Represented the organization in more than 100 conciliation proceedings in the office of the labour authorities
-Conducted trade union elections involving 4800+ voters

Extra-Curricular Activities

-Invested in the Education story of India; Currently managing a website having around 21000 hits
-Conduct free resume appraisal and provide free guidance to youth in North-east India
-Had started a coaching institute while in NIT that helped students of NE India get into NITs and other engineering colleges
-Enjoy travelling (25 states covered in India, and 6 nations outside India)

International Work-Ex

None (except the travelling part)

Post-MBA Goals

Work in an ed-tech in a Product Management/ General Management Role in the short to medium term; Start an ed-tech focused on the needs of the rural India in the long run

Why MBA after PGDM?

Learning about Operations Management; Branding from a Tier 1 College; Networking; Want to start an ed-tech company in the long run, in the short run work in a General Management Role in an MNC

Other trivia:

-Dinged by Insead without an interview call
-Shortlisted for the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship in Stanford
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAnBevaluations wrote:
Hi amen266868,

Thanks for providing a detailed profile and you’ve got it great! Your post-MBA goal is really great and definitely puts you at a great spot by providing for the ‘diversity’. Your stats are really great and that you’ve ranked 7 in your PGDM can give an idea of ‘intellect’. One area that I did not understand is your step of taking Sociology and if you highlight it in your applications you must have a good reason for it. Your work experience seems great and you really have impacted almost every organization you’ve peen a part of and, if narrated aptly, can help you stand out in the pool of Indian male engineers. And it goes the same with your extracurriculars. What really caught my eye is you started a coaching institute and that too very early, in your college life. It speaks for your ability to take initiatives from an early stage.

About the international experience, I want to bust one popular myth here, you do not have to step out of the country just for official work in order to gain this. You have already traveled 6 nations and if you are able to explain how these experiences helped broaden your perspective and shape your personality, it is a plus to you. Also, I would recommend you to highlight these in your profile:

Intellect: You need to highlight more about your intellectual curiosity, your initiatives, ability to challenge the status quo.

Strong Leadership: How you have changed lives, organizations, and the world

Personal Qualities: Highlight your values, passion, beliefs in terms of how you can contribute to the Stanford community.

What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story. Also, your profile seems great for other schools under M7. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. You can always visit our site ‘MBA and Beyond and schedule a call with us.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

amen266868 wrote:
Kindly review my profile and provide your valuable suggestions. Please be kind enough to point out stretch and target schools for my profile.

Profile Summary

32 year old Indian working as an Industrial Relations Manager in India in a Public Sector Undertaking with a PGDM from an AACSB Accredited B-school in India and B.Tech from an NIT; GMAT: 740

-Studied Finance & HR

After PGDM, I took a break of 8 months to travel and study Sociology (took joining extension from the organization)

Joined the largest steel manufacturer of India as Junior Manager in the HR Domain and worked for 1 year 3 months
-Managed trade unions and blue-collared work-persons in a highly unionized work environment
-Received a couple of appreciation letters for conduction trade union elections and introducing biometric attendance

-Worked for 45 days only; Quit because I received an offer from a Fortune 500 oil PSU

Worked with the Fortune 500 oil PSU (largest refiner of India) for 2 year 9 months
-Management trade unions, engaged with communities, liaised with Civil Administration
-Acted as Nodal Officer for digitalization of land assets of the oldest refinery of Asia
-Undertook a number of change management initiatives saving crores for the organization

Joined another upstream oil PSU (second largest upstream company of India) at a higher position and rank as Manager (Employee Relations)
-Currently looking after contract labour management managing 11 contract labour unions involving 10K contract labours (It has been 16 months till now)
-Negotiated a long term settlement with 5 contract labour unions touching the lives of 2500 contract labours
-Represented the organization in more than 100 conciliation proceedings in the office of the labour authorities

-Invested in the Education story of India; Currently managing a website having around 21000 hits
-Conduct free resume appraisal and provide free guidance to youth in North-east India
-Had started a coaching institute while in NIT that helped students of NE India get into NITs and other engineering colleges

International Work-Ex

Post-MBA Goals

Work in an ed-tech in a Product Management/ General Management Role in the short to medium term; Start an ed-tech focused on the needs of the rural India in the long run

Why MBA after PGDM?

Learning about Operations Management; Branding from a Tier 1 College; Networking; Want to start an ed-tech company in the long run, in the short run work in a General Management Role in an MNC

Other trivia:

You have a chance at Stanford and it is appropriate for you to apply. also consider CBS, Yale SOM, Ross, and Haas. Good luck!
Yale Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Send PM
Hi,
Request a profile evaluation for Stanford.

Indian male, 28, GMAT 740, Computer Engineer - Top 25 Univ. (72/100 - 4.00 as per GMAC)
Experience: 6.5 yrs work-ex across Social Impact Consulting (3 years), Non - profit research and software development
Currently: leading and mentoring a 5 member team in one of India's largest Social Impact Consulting firm - Engagement Manager: managing a 30million P&L, 20million sales GTM strategy. 2 promotions in 2.5 years - advice CXOs of large corporations, NGOs and multilateral org. on social sector strategy and advisory using research and data (think the application of machine learning on primary datasets)

In the current role:
1. Enabled Google to understand the Impact of its AI-powered mobile app to improve reading fluency of 1million kids across India - designed implementation strategy to scale impact from 9+ countries to 189 countries impacting 20million+ kids:
2. Helping Microsoft design its long term CSR strategy in India: impacting >1million youth
3. Impacting >10million people across India through strategic advisory support to CXOs of some of the largest social Impact programs of the world

Previously:
Grassroot Research at one of the world’s premier education non-profit
1. Enabled education policy level changes across 2 Indian states impacting >10million school going kid - Researched across 23 Indian states: remote rural locations: liaison with Central and state govt. enabling policy level changes
2. Managed world’s largest citizen-led student assessment in two Indian states: managing > 3000 volunteers

Strategic Advisory to a small non-profit
1. Designed, implemented and scaled a Design Thinking program to impact 10,000+ school students across 179 Indian public schools - the program now scaling to over 600 schools across an Indian state - still using the strategy and models I developed for expansion
2. Enabling the migration of a unique teacher development program to a tech platform - acting as a product manager for the same

Software Developer for a year

Extracurricular
1. Developed a participatory policy-making software platform - selected as a semi-finalist at ASEM (ASEAN + Europe: 52 country-wide) stage
2. Two national finalist positions ( Top 20 in >100,000 participants)
3. Invited delegate- two global forums (among 250/5000 participants from 175 nationalities)
4. Youngest Invited speaker to India's largest Social Innovation Forum - presented a unique approach to social impact program implementation - whitepaper written on it by me will be out soon
5. Guest Faculty to 2 Top Indian MBA colleges - lecture Public sector leaders on strategic Social Impact
6. Mentor to 7 IIM students and CEO of a small NGO running innovative schools impacting 40,000+ students
7. Developed an emotion-based media player as a college major project - liquidated the same to a tech startup

Career motivation: traveled across the country for grassroots research and understood that the problem I want to solve is that of education and skilling. Background in computer science and the emergence of data science provided the sweet spot to work at the intersection of technology being adaptive to a user's education and killing needs.

Short term goals: Want to enter the product management space as an AI product manager (already have developed and envisaged multiple tech products as mentioned above) to understand how tech products are envisaged - developed - marketed to impact at a global stage.

Long term: want to develop my own product that would work at an intersection of tech - education and skilling to create an impact in India and Africa.

Any other schools you would suggest?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi neo92

You have got one great profile! All your experiences are really impactful and you are one tough guy! Evaluating step-by-step:

- Your stats are perfect. Gmat is above the average of all the b-schools, so this part is sorted.

- Your work experience is truly amazing. You have hugely impacted every organization you’ve ever been a part of, rather I would say you have a huge impact on Indian education. You have interacted with global giants and with the governments, so that is already very impressive. Overall, an excellent work experience.

- Again, your extracurriculars are one of the most impacting and powerful. You have great global exposure in your work ex and extracurriculars (as you’ve participated in global competitions).

I loved your profile. Your career goals are ambitious and in alignment with your prior experiences. One thing that I would suggest is to bring a person beyond all this great profile. Bring out your hobbies, what you do in your free time, your values, your belief because Stanford gives this aspect as much importance as it gives to ‘impact’ and ‘intellect’ (you may take more tips about this through our recent blog). And yes, you should look for scholarship programs at Stanford or any other school you are thinking to apply (I think we’ve evaluated your profile on other forums too). Now, the most important part of your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
neo92 wrote:
Hi,

Indian male, 28, GMAT 740, Computer Engineer - Top 25 Univ. (72/100 - 4.00 as per GMAC)
Experience: 6.5 yrs work-ex across Social Impact Consulting (3 years), Non - profit research and software development
Currently: leading and mentoring a 5 member team in one of India's largest Social Impact Consulting firm - Engagement Manager: managing a 30million P&L, 20million sales GTM strategy. 2 promotions in 2.5 years - advice CXOs of large corporations, NGOs and multilateral org. on social sector strategy and advisory using research and data (think the application of machine learning on primary datasets)

In the current role:
1. Enabled Google to understand the Impact of its AI-powered mobile app to improve reading fluency of 1million kids across India - designed implementation strategy to scale impact from 9+ countries to 189 countries impacting 20million+ kids:
2. Helping Microsoft design its long term CSR strategy in India: impacting >1million youth
3. Impacting >10million people across India through strategic advisory support to CXOs of some of the largest social Impact programs of the world

Previously:
1. Enabled education policy level changes across 2 Indian states impacting >10million school going kid - Researched across 23 Indian states: remote rural locations: liaison with Central and state govt. enabling policy level changes
2. Managed world’s largest citizen-led student assessment in two Indian states: managing > 3000 volunteers

1. Designed, implemented and scaled a Design Thinking program to impact 10,000+ school students across 179 Indian public schools - the program now scaling to over 600 schools across an Indian state - still using the strategy and models I developed for expansion
2. Enabling the migration of a unique teacher development program to a tech platform - acting as a product manager for the same

Extracurricular
1. Developed a participatory policy-making software platform - selected as a semi-finalist at ASEM (ASEAN + Europe: 52 country-wide) stage
3. Invited delegate- two global forums (among 250/5000 participants from 175 nationalities)
4. Youngest Invited speaker to India's largest Social Innovation Forum - presented a unique approach to social impact program implementation - whitepaper written on it by me will be out soon
5. Guest Faculty to 2 Top Indian MBA colleges - lecture Public sector leaders on strategic Social Impact
6. Mentor to 7 IIM students and CEO of a small NGO running innovative schools impacting 40,000+ students
7. Developed an emotion-based media player as a college major project - liquidated the same to a tech startup

Career motivation: traveled across the country for grassroots research and understood that the problem I want to solve is that of education and skilling. Background in computer science and the emergence of data science provided the sweet spot to work at the intersection of technology being adaptive to a user's education and killing needs.

Short term goals: Want to enter the product management space as an AI product manager (already have developed and envisaged multiple tech products as mentioned above) to understand how tech products are envisaged - developed - marketed to impact at a global stage.

Long term: want to develop my own product that would work at an intersection of tech - education and skilling to create an impact in India and Africa.

Send PM
Expert Reply
neo92 wrote:
Hi,

In the current role:

Previously:

Extracurricular

Impressive! You should apply to Stanford. Also consider Haas, Columbia, HBS, MIT Sloan, and Wharton.

If you'd likehelp with your application, please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Please do review my profile.

Background and nationality: Indian Female 26
Education: 10th grade 9.6/10, 12th grade- 95.6% r. Overall school topper, country topper in economics and accounting. Very active in extra curricular - Sports and literary
Undergrad- BCom from top tier commerce college in India. Completed CIMA ( All India rank 1 )and CFA ( Top 10 percentile for all three levels) GPA 3.6/4 (3rd rank)

GMAT:in progress

Work experience and leadership: A little over 4 years of work experience
- 3 years experience in big4. Client facing role focusing on real estate, manufacturing and retail. Role involved leading, executing projects.
- Currently working in a VC fund. Sector agnostic. Work mainly involves due diligence, valuation financial modellimg etc. Leading and managing a team of 5 for certain aspects of portfolio management.

Community and others: Affliated with a college in India for the undergrad programme as an assistant professor. Currently helping with things like paper evaluation etc and due to be professor for the next semester. Was suppose to be teaching for the current semester but COVID delayed the same

Post MBA goals: To become the CFO with a focus on M&A

Anything else?

Originally posted by Jane9412 on 25 Jul 2020, 13:16.
Last edited by Jane9412 on 25 Jul 2020, 14:09, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
x

Originally posted by capmanaz on 25 Jul 2020, 13:43.
Last edited by capmanaz on 20 Apr 2021, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi capmanaz,

You have got a great profile. About your stats, undergrad looks fine but GMAT is 20 points below the Stanford average, so would advise you to retake if you are especially targeting Stanford. Now, about your work ex, you have professional achievements but you will need to exhibit leadership qualities in it. So, if you do have some leadership experience or international experiences or took initiatives, please elaborate. Your extracurriculars exhibit your intellectual power which Stanford, or for that matter every good b-school stresses on. But you may want to bring a person ‘beyond work’ on the application. With this profile, I would advise you to apply to Ross, Fuqua, or Oxford. For Stanford, you would have to exhibit your commitment to others, to society, and strive to make an impact on them. What’s going to matter most, now, in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session
capmanaz wrote:
Hello, please see my profile below, I really need help to know my chances and due to my nationality this is not very clear to me.

Demographics: Male, Chilean, 27

Education: Business Graduate from a top university in my country, GPA 5.5 out of 7.0 (Was 6th ranked out of 135 classmates).

GMAT:710 (q46 v41)

Work experience:
3,5 years as a strategy and operations consultant on a BIG 4 (Promoted to senior consultant after 1 year)

Extracurricular:
Won a national strategy case competition of a Big 4 on my country and participated on the international finals on Europe
Teaching Assistant of over 10 courses at college

Post-MBA goals:
Get into my family business (Food services company with 500 employees over two countries but only 15 MM USD of revenue) to help the development of new strategies.

Send PM
Expert Reply
capmanaz wrote:
Hello, please see my profile below, I really need help to know my chances and due to my nationality this is not very clear to me.

Demographics: Male, Chilean, 27

Education: Business Graduate from a top university in my country, GPA 5.5 out of 7.0 (Was 6th ranked out of 135 classmates).

GMAT:710 (q46 v41)

Work experience:
3,5 years as a strategy and operations consultant on a BIG 4 (Promoted to senior consultant after 1 year)

Extracurricular:
Won a national strategy case competition of a Big 4 on my country and participated on the international finals on Europe
Teaching Assistant of over 10 courses at college

Post-MBA goals:
Get into my family business (Food services company with 500 employees over two countries but only 15 MM USD of revenue) to help the development of new strategies.

Coming from Chile is a slight plus, but I'm concerned about your quant score. It's not a knockout, but it's also not helping you any. If you can retake and think you can raise it, I'd encourage you to do so.

You have a shot at Stanford, but I'd like to see you be more specific about your goals. You want to grow you family's business in order to accomplish what?

Also consider Kellogg (If you get your score up), UCLA Anderson, USC, UT Austin. Cornell Johnson, Duke Fuqua.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Jane9412,

I think I have evaluated your profile for Insead and would love to evaluate for Stanford. Going step-by-step:

- Your academics, as I have said earlier, are great for Stanford too. For GMAT, I would advise you to target around 740 to stand a fair chance at Stanford.

- About your work-ex, keeping all these details in mind, I would advise you to bring very strong leadership and impact elements in your profile (even beyond work) because Stanford looks for people who really are committed to making a change in the society.

- About community roles, your profile seems fine, your post-MBA goals seem ambitious, which I noted earlier too, but again I would reiterate to align your roles with the Stanford motto of changing lives, organization, and the world.

For Stanford, you have to bring a person beyond work who is committed to others and society. So, if you are targeting this, I must say, research about the school and see by yourself, if you really stand a chance at it. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session
Jane9412 wrote:
Please do review my profile.

Background and nationality: Indian Female 26
Education: 10th grade 9.6/10, 12th grade- 95.6% r. Overall school topper, country topper in economics and accounting. Very active in extra curricular - Sports and literary
Undergrad- BCom from top tier commerce college in India. Completed CIMA ( All India rank 1 )and CFA ( Top 10 percentile for all three levels) GPA 3.6/4 (3rd rank)

GMAT:in progress

Work experience and leadership: A little over 4 years of work experience
- 3 years experience in big4. Client facing role focusing on real estate, manufacturing and retail. Role involved leading, executing projects.
- Currently working in a VC fund. Sector agnostic. Work mainly involves due diligence, valuation financial modellimg etc. Leading and managing a team of 5 for certain aspects of portfolio management.

Community and others: Affliated with a college in India for the undergrad programme as an assistant professor. Currently helping with things like paper evaluation etc and due to be professor for the next semester. Was suppose to be teaching for the current semester but COVID delayed the same

Post MBA goals: To become the CFO with a focus on M&A

Anything else?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
amen266868 wrote:

Profile Summary

-Studied Finance & HR

International Work-Ex

Post-MBA Goals

Why MBA after PGDM?

Other trivia:

Dear amen266868,

Thank you for sharing your profile.

Change Management and Organizational Leadership across blue collar as well as white collar employees with Private and Govt. enterprises seem to be the strongest point of your profile. You will need to build on this theme and demonstrate in your application how the skillsets you have derived so far, when complemented with the B school education will help you achieve your short term career goals. You will somehow also portray a story where your continued passion to create positive impact in India’s education ecosystem, ultimately drives you towards your short term goals, and you will leverage this practical knowhow of working at the grass root level combined with your people management skills will help you emerge as a strong PM.

Based on which geography you want to work in post MBA, I would recommend you to apply to the following schools:
USA: Duke, Darden, Cornell, Tepper, UCLA, MIT
Europe: LBS, IE
Asia: ISB, NUS

Note: I deliberately didn’t mention INSEAD since usually the % of re-applicants who make it through is extremely low.

Please feel free to reach out to us at Arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com in case you seek dedicated support.

Cheers
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Hi everyone!
First of all I’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake, and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT Online: 760 (Q51, V41, IR7)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.56/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Aug-2021, I will have 4 years of experience in a US based cloud company.
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience. (So 1 promotion and 1 job function shift in 3 years)
3. Technology consulting for an international govt. organisation for 10 months now on clean-tech solution

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivileged (> 1.5 year) - reach of over 1000+ people - 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year) - helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped to get them incubated

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2: I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech

Questions:
Is my profile good enough to get into Stanford (with some scholarship)?

Any other inputs/suggestions for my application are most welcome.
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi MbaIndAspirant21,

I have already evaluated your profile for Wharton and would love to do it for Stanford. Just to give you a glimpse, Stanford, more than any school, values individuals who are committed to creating an impact on the society and Stanford community. So, make sure you stick to this value through all your essays. Now evaluating your profile:
- Your stats are really excellent and as I said for Wharton, from this angle, you stand a good chance to get a scholarship program.
- Your professional experience and ECs seem great too but since you come from a very competitive pool, you need to be really good at crafting a good story.

I advise you to highlight and stick to these values throughout your application:
Intellect: While your GPAs and GMAT are considered, you need to highlight more about your intellectual curiosity, your initiatives, ability to challenge the status quo.

Strong Leadership: Try to exhibit strategic thinking, initiative, persistence, results orientation, developing others.

Additionally, make sure you list down the gaps that you have identified in your profile that you think an MBA from Stanford will help you fill in order to achieve your post-MBA goals. Also, I am curious to know if you have applied for Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship? Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

MbaIndAspirant21 wrote:
Hi everyone!
First of all I’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake, and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.56/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Aug-2021, I will have 4 years of experience in a US based cloud company.
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience. (So 1 promotion and 1 job function shift in 3 years)
3. Technology consulting for an international govt. organisation for 10 months now on clean-tech solution

Achievements:

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivileged (> 1.5 year) - reach of over 1000+ people - 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year) - helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.

Questions:

Current Student
Send PM
MBAnBevaluations thank you for the review. I did not apply for the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship. The reason being that I just gave my gmat a couple of days ago, so wasn't sure if I'd get a good score or that i'd even apply to stanford.

Thank you again for your review.
Send PM
Expert Reply
MbaIndAspirant21 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Background:

Education:

Professional Experience:

Achievements:

Co-Curriculars:

Post MBA goals:

Questions:

Yes, your profile is good enough so that it makes sense for you to apply to Stanford. I think it's competitive at Stanford; I can't say if you'll get in or get a scholarship.

One suggestion, when you describe your goal to Stanford focus on one primary goal, but define not just in terms of the job you want to get immediately post-MBA; define in terms of what you hope to accomplish or contribute as a business leader for whom the first post-MBA stepping stone will be Goal 1 or goal 2.

You may also be interested in:

Get Accepted to Stanford, an on-demand recorded webinar.
Stanford Essay Tips
Current Student
Send PM
MBAnBevaluations I am also planning to apply to Haas, but a bit worried about that one since people say that they take only about 5-6 Indians a batch and with deferrals its going to be even more tough.

Do you have any idea related to this? And how my profile would be for Haas?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  21   
Moderators:
Stanford and Tuck Moderator
57 posts
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts