Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 13:25 It is currently 08 May 2024, 13:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2166 [0]
Given Kudos: 368
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 5: 600 Q38 V35
GMAT 6: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 269
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 540 Q29 V35
GPA: 3.04
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: 730 / Q47 / V44 / IR7 / AWA 6 - An ode to this community [#permalink]
Hi Chris,

Congratulations on an epic but more appropriately … congratulations on sticking with your study for almost two years. That's a lot of persistence. Out of curiosity, have you read the book "Grit" by Angela Duckworth?

I am over a month into my own GMAT study and I am curious to better understand how exact TPP helped your increase your score so much in quant?

- Did you do a lot more Quant questions than before?
- Did you re-do more questions?
- Did you spend more time on topics?

I am asking because I have bought the 10 Manhattan prep strategy guides myself. After a little over a month, I have read through all 5 Quant strategy guides and did (sometimes multiple times) about 120 OG 2019 Quant questions and my score seems to be stuck at the low 30's therefore I am pondering over my next move.

Kind regards,

Majinn
Director
Director
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Amazing job! I’m thrilled to hear that TTP was such an integral part of your GMAT success!! Could you provide some more details regarding how you used the TTP course?

Initially, I went through the respective chapters a little too fast, given that the course is quite comprehensive I wanted to finish quickly I ended up scoring poorly on the first couple of test.
I also did not use the "Active Review" sheets in the beginning, thinking my own notes would suffice.

After the first 2-3 chapters I realized that I was not making the most of this opportunity and adhered to the programme's recommendations.
I took my time going through the chapters, took notes on the active review sheets and also made sure I did the test on every difficulty level, including the review test prior to every new chapter.

Looking back at it, I should have made greater use of the analytics option which enables one to add additional information as to why specific questions caused problems.

Potential students should be aware that TTP does take a significant time investment to yield the desired results, it is certainly not a 2 hours a week solution.
However, if you stay committed to the program, substantial improvement is virtually guaranteed.

Cheers,
Chris
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 268
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Arro44 congratulations :cool:

Thanks for debrief and the links .

I understood u choose LBS congrats and all the best .
:cool:
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22167 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Expert Reply
Arro44 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Amazing job! I’m thrilled to hear that TTP was such an integral part of your GMAT success!! Could you provide some more details regarding how you used the TTP course?

Initially, I went through the respective chapters a little too fast, given that the course is quite comprehensive I wanted to finish quickly I ended up scoring poorly on the first couple of test.
I also did not use the "Active Review" sheets in the beginning, thinking my own notes would suffice.

After the first 2-3 chapters I realized that I was not making the most of this opportunity and adhered to the programme's recommendations.
I took my time going through the chapters, took notes on the active review sheets and also made sure I did the test on every difficulty level, including the review test prior to every new chapter.

Looking back at it, I should have made greater use of the analytics option which enables one to add additional information as to why specific questions caused problems.

Potential students should be aware that TTP does take a significant time investment to yield the desired results, it is certainly not a 2 hours a week solution.
However, if you stay committed to the program, substantial improvement is virtually guaranteed.

Cheers,
Chris

Great advice, Chris! I agree 100% that if you can follow the TTP study plan and complete the course in full, “substantial improvement is virtually guaranteed.”

Thanks again for sharing and good luck with things moving forward.
VP
VP
Send PM
How are you going with applications mate? What happened with LBS?
Director
Director
Send PM
GMATNinja wrote:
Chris, congratulations on the absolutely amazing score -- especially that epic verbal score! I'm amazed that you managed to do that on 4-5 hours of sleep, and effective immediately, I'm switching to a diet of walnuts, almonds, and kiwis. (Though I might supplement with pretzels, schnitzel, wiesswurst, and bhindi masala. And maybe a few other things...)

And thank you so much for the kind words! A comparison to Bunuel really is the highest possible compliment in this corner of the internet. Did you know that mosquitoes refuse to bite him, just out of respect? ;)

You're one of the people that I'm always happy to see on the forums, and I'm thrilled to see a happy ending to this part of the journey. Please let us know how the applications go for you, and if you end up on this side of the Atlantic, let me know, and we'll grab a beer. I'm in Boston fairly regularly to visit family, just in case that's where you land. :cool:

Congratulations again, Chris! It's a huge honor to have played a tiny, tiny role in your GMAT adventure.

Looks like I might be able to take you out for a beer in Boston sometime in the future! ;)
VP
VP
Send PM
Arro44 wrote:
GMATNinja wrote:
Chris, congratulations on the absolutely amazing score -- especially that epic verbal score! I'm amazed that you managed to do that on 4-5 hours of sleep, and effective immediately, I'm switching to a diet of walnuts, almonds, and kiwis. (Though I might supplement with pretzels, schnitzel, wiesswurst, and bhindi masala. And maybe a few other things...)

And thank you so much for the kind words! A comparison to Bunuel really is the highest possible compliment in this corner of the internet. Did you know that mosquitoes refuse to bite him, just out of respect? ;)

You're one of the people that I'm always happy to see on the forums, and I'm thrilled to see a happy ending to this part of the journey. Please let us know how the applications go for you, and if you end up on this side of the Atlantic, let me know, and we'll grab a beer. I'm in Boston fairly regularly to visit family, just in case that's where you land. :cool:

Congratulations again, Chris! It's a huge honor to have played a tiny, tiny role in your GMAT adventure.

Looks like I might be able to take you out for a beer in Boston sometime in the future! ;)

Congrats. Are you still going to apply to LBS?
Director
Director
Send PM
dcummins wrote:
Congrats. Are you still going to apply to LBS?

Likely not, however, LBS is a great school as well!
From the contact I have had with alumni and the adcom, I certainly belive that everyone who chooses LBS will make a great choice.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for your path to lead you to London in the future mate!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37403 posts