GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2019, 02:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

730 / Q47 / V44 / IR7 / AWA 6 - An ode to this community

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: LBS '22
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: 730 / Q47 / V44 / IR7 / AWA 6 - An ode to this community  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 15:50
Arro44 wrote:
dcummins wrote:
Great debrief mate! Interesting to see your verbal score essentially maintained throughout.

I note that you undertook GMATClub CATs. When did you take these and what were your scores like?

In the beginning I suffered from very poor command of a lot of topic, therefore my scored showed a significant fluctuation.

The scores are in cronological order.

2018:

Q37
Q35
Q24
Q29
Q42
Q39
Q27
Q35
Q37
Q31

2019:

Q42
Q48
Q48

Best regards,
Chris

Wow that's quite interesting man. I'm stable at Q43 in these tests, but I typically score higher on GMATPrep. So in between 2018 to 2019 I presume you used Target Test Prep and just worked on areas you were weak at?

+1 Kudos if you like my post pls!
LBS Moderator
D
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2019, 07:49
dcummins wrote:

Wow that's quite interesting man. I'm stable at Q43 in these tests, but I typically score higher on GMATPrep. So in between 2018 to 2019 I presume you used Target Test Prep and just worked on areas you were weak at?

Yes, I especially notice a severe improvement once I got more comfortable across the range of topics towards the later stages of the TTP course.
B
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2019, 22:52
great read. I hope you are solving the GOT questions daily. go WW!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.04
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 19:30
Hi Chris,

Congratulations on an epic but more appropriately … congratulations on sticking with your study for almost two years. That's a lot of persistence. Out of curiosity, have you read the book "Grit" by Angela Duckworth?

I am over a month into my own GMAT study and I am curious to better understand how exact TPP helped your increase your score so much in quant?

- Did you do a lot more Quant questions than before?
- Did you re-do more questions?
- Did you spend more time on topics?

I am asking because I have bought the 10 Manhattan prep strategy guides myself. After a little over a month, I have read through all 5 Quant strategy guides and did (sometimes multiple times) about 120 OG 2019 Quant questions and my score seems to be stuck at the low 30's therefore I am pondering over my next move.

Kind regards,

Majinn
LBS Moderator
D
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 04:07
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Amazing job! I’m thrilled to hear that TTP was such an integral part of your GMAT success!! Could you provide some more details regarding how you used the TTP course?

Initially, I went through the respective chapters a little too fast, given that the course is quite comprehensive I wanted to finish quickly I ended up scoring poorly on the first couple of test.
I also did not use the "Active Review" sheets in the beginning, thinking my own notes would suffice.

After the first 2-3 chapters I realized that I was not making the most of this opportunity and adhered to the programme's recommendations.
I took my time going through the chapters, took notes on the active review sheets and also made sure I did the test on every difficulty level, including the review test prior to every new chapter.

Looking back at it, I should have made greater use of the analytics option which enables one to add additional information as to why specific questions caused problems.

Potential students should be aware that TTP does take a significant time investment to yield the desired results, it is certainly not a 2 hours a week solution.
However, if you stay committed to the program, substantial improvement is virtually guaranteed.

Cheers,
Chris
G
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 08:53
Arro44 congratulations :cool:

Thanks for debrief and the links .

I understood u choose LBS congrats and all the best .
:cool:
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2019, 18:46
Arro44 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Amazing job! I’m thrilled to hear that TTP was such an integral part of your GMAT success!! Could you provide some more details regarding how you used the TTP course?

Initially, I went through the respective chapters a little too fast, given that the course is quite comprehensive I wanted to finish quickly I ended up scoring poorly on the first couple of test.
I also did not use the "Active Review" sheets in the beginning, thinking my own notes would suffice.

After the first 2-3 chapters I realized that I was not making the most of this opportunity and adhered to the programme's recommendations.
I took my time going through the chapters, took notes on the active review sheets and also made sure I did the test on every difficulty level, including the review test prior to every new chapter.

Looking back at it, I should have made greater use of the analytics option which enables one to add additional information as to why specific questions caused problems.

Potential students should be aware that TTP does take a significant time investment to yield the desired results, it is certainly not a 2 hours a week solution.
However, if you stay committed to the program, substantial improvement is virtually guaranteed.

Cheers,
Chris

Great advice, Chris! I agree 100% that if you can follow the TTP study plan and complete the course in full, “substantial improvement is virtually guaranteed.”

Thanks again for sharing and good luck with things moving forward.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 730 / Q47 / V44 / IR7 / AWA 6 - An ode to this community   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2019, 18:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 27 posts ] 

730 / Q47 / V44 / IR7 / AWA 6 - An ode to this community

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics