Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 07:33 It is currently 15 May 2024, 07:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [12]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 410
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Re: 760 (Q51/V41) in 3 months (Family, Work, Found Time) [#permalink]
samichange wrote:
joined gmatclub on 5th and wrote gmat experience on 5th. great!

Thanks! I had mainly been a lurker but have been inspired by this forum over the past few months. I'm happy to officially join!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4671 [0]
Given Kudos: 636
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
KWizz wrote:
I work full time in the United States (born and raised) as a Treasury Manager in a Fortune 500 company
I read that as "born and raised as a Treasury Manager".

Great score, and all the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Great score congratulations
And motivating story, many things to learn.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Incredible story! I am exactly going through the same lifestyle - working for a Fortune 500 companies and the company is going through restructuring - I have a family (2 boys) - I can understand GMAT is not easy to manage with full-time work and family.

Goodluck with the application - can I contact you via email for further questions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
optmistic2016 wrote:
Incredible story! I am exactly going through the same lifestyle - working for a Fortune 500 companies and the company is going through restructuring - I have a family (2 boys) - I can understand GMAT is not easy to manage with full-time work and family.

Goodluck with the application - can I contact you via email for further questions?

Feel free to PM me! More than happy to connect and share additional information.
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32524 [0]
Given Kudos: 305
Send PM
760 (Q51/V41) in 3 months (Family, Work, Found Time) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi,
it has become so normal for you all to land up in this FORUM and on the same day write about TTP..
two more I had caught and they are not seen again these are the links--
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-770-q47-v51-fortunate-first-timer-in-under-2-months-208567.html#p1601812
https://gmatclub.com/forum/to-improve-your-quant-look-no-further-than-target-test-prep-760-50q-216628.html

I will advice you to kindly use this forum to help or get helped and not to enter to ONLY do marketing..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chetan2u,

I appreciate you bringing that up, but please note that I have been receiving multiple PM's from the members here and have been responding accordingly to help them out. As you should have seen, I talk about both Manhattan and Target Test Prep, but PM's have mostly been centered about how I've been working my sleep schedule to optimize my time for studying. If you feel like I have abused rules of any kind, feel free to delete this post and ban me, but I was simply genuinely excited about my score and wanted to share my experience to other members who have a family.
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32524 [0]
Given Kudos: 305
Send PM
Expert Reply
KWizz wrote:
chetan2u,

I appreciate you bringing that up, but please note that I have been receiving multiple PM's from the members here and have been responding accordingly to help them out. As you should have seen, I talk about both Manhattan and Target Test Prep, but PM's have mostly been centered about how I've been working my sleep schedule to optimize my time for studying. If you feel like I have abused rules of any kind, feel free to delete this post and ban me, but I was simply genuinely excited about my score and wanted to share my experience to other members who have a family.

Hi KWizz,

I am more than happy that you are answering multiple PMs, But I am sure there would not have been any PMs before you joined us.
The problem is that you joined on 05 apr 16 and your mail too about the SOURCE is on 05 apr 16...
I have no reason to delete any post, its for students to take call but as a member of this forum, i have a right and obligation to examine any such case critically because it has become too rampant. I have attached two such posts.

No offence meant but just a QUERY--
who on earth looks for a forum, which members join to gain knwledge, not for knowledge but to further interests of some SOURCE. Any one normally will start preparing his applications after such a great score rather than do service to others, especially when that person has not made this forum his companion on his journey towards the GMAT.

But as I said, I am not against TTP, it may actually be the best or the worst and you may be actually trying to help others, but I had to give the students another perspective so that they can take a wise and timely decision. I apologize if it has offended you but I had to do it. I will request, since you are available on the forum NOW and are willing to help others with such a score beside you, that you visit QUANT and Verbal forums and help others in their queries.

Regards
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3162 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
760 (Q51/V41) in 3 months (Family, Work, Found Time) [#permalink]
KWizz wrote:
chetan2u,

Its Very interesting actually .
I have been on the forum for months..
Posted Almost 200- 350 posts and i am yet to receive any PM from any member regarding "HELP"
If they need help They Post it on the forum i guess.
Maybe i am missing something here or I am too Obnoxious for people to PM me.

Hmm .

P.S => Excellent Marketing Skills..
Regards
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chetan2u,

I assure you that I'm not being paid whatsoever from TTP, and have no affiliation with the two other posters. I'm more than happy to connect with you on LinkedIn to prove that I am who I said I am, as I strongly support the integrity of this forum. As for your query, I've been a lurker here and on another GMAT forum for 3-4 months, and have browsed through many success stories to find motivation and strategies to do well on the GMAT. Why am I not immediately applying for schools after getting my score? Simple - my workplace has a temporary hiatus on tuition reimbursement and I wanted to get the GMAT out of the way before I apply for a part-time MBA to hopefully (knock on wood) enroll in March. I just wanted to share my experience, especially to those who are considering taking the GMAT with kids, long working hours, and with a strong finance background.

I completely understand why you'd be cynical, and don't worry, I'm not offended whatsoever. You have every right to question my post. The fact of the matter is, I was very excited with my score (I did just get my AWA score of 6.0 as well so I'm proud of that too!) and finally decided to open up an account to talk about it.

However, you are correct here - I have been a "selfish" member. To date (and prior to my joining date), I've only taken and not given back other than giving some advice on how you can sleep less and maximize studying time. I've enjoyed talking with members here through PM's discussing sleep cycles. I will look to contribute more publicly in the near future. Just let me move my family 500 miles first :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SCSA,

Huge fan. Don't like how you buried the New Day @ Wrestlemania though... Xavier Woods didn't deserve that stunner!

stonecold wrote:
KWizz wrote:
chetan2u,

Its Very interesting actually .
I have been on the forum for months..
Posted Almost 200- 350 posts and i am yet to receive any PM from any member regarding "HELP"
If they need help They Post it on the forum i guess.
Maybe i am missing something here or I am too Obnoxious for people to PM me.

Hmm .

P.S => Excellent Marketing Skills..
Regards
Stone Cold Steve Austin
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37424 posts