Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 15:31 It is currently 09 May 2024, 15:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
GRE 1: Q165 V157
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 128
Schools: HBS
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ellenckh wrote:
Hi,

I am a female from a Top 30 US school with business major, gmat 680, gre 326, and MBB offer. I am thinking of applying to M7 deferred mba programs, but I fear that my chance might be low at the most competitive schools given the gmat score I currently have. Given that I need to submit the application in a little more than one months, which and how many schools do you think I should apply to?

Thank you very much!

ellenckh hi
Shimri from ARINGO here
326 GRE and MBB offer sounds great! (ignore the GMAT...)
I do need to know more about you, but from what I can see, you can and should apply to as many deferred programs as possible, what do you have to lose?
https://aringo.com/deferred-enrollment- ... xperience/

Please send me your CV, school wish list, and any other relevant info to shimriw@ARINGO.com and we can take it from there.

Shimri
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Hello.
I am male from Nepal. I have a GMAT score of 680. I graduated from one of the best (always No 1 in national ranking) business schools with honors degree and 3.74 GPA. I had started an entrepreneurial venture while I was in final year at college and have been running the same since then. I have been working as a CFO and Executive Director. The startup caters to agro and retail industry and have been employing 25 staffs.

For ECAs, I was coordinator of 2 clubs, 1 each in second and third year of my college. I also was elected as the president of Student Welfare Council in my final year. Besides, I conducted the national college festival as the chief coordinator.

For Social

For Social Service, I have contributed in Leo Clubs for 5 years. I left after I was the Club President in 2017. I have been providing entrepreneurship and product marketing trainings to females in different places of Nepal by partnering with United Nations Development Programs.

Originally posted by Ronilsh on 07 Apr 2023, 07:28.
Last edited by Ronilsh on 07 Apr 2023, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Ronilsh,
Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations.

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO. You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – strong GPA. Graduating from the top-ranked institute in your country is an added advantage. We would love to know your class percentile too.

GMAT - Well, 680 is a fine score. Since there is still time in Fall 2024 applications, if you think you can cross that barrier of 700- try taking the exam again.

*Work Experience –You have a good and unique experience! We would like to know your total years of experience with your start-up. We suggest preparing an impactful resume quantifying the results, leadership skills, how big the venture is, etc. Highlight international exposure, if any- schools love that 😊. Also, your story should talk about your passion for your business and your plans for it.
*Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Mention more about your hobbies. Strong volunteering work adds more value to your profile.
*Your career goals – We would love to know more about your long-term and short-term goals, need for doing an MBA, etc.

All in all sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Hey all,

My experience majorly has been in manufacturing domain (newspaper printing), analytics domain (dashboards, insights, sql, excel) and product management domain

On a side note, I along with 3 friends, started a small eatery as a startup during covid. However, due to mounting losses, we had to close it.

MBA Plan - MBA in general management

Future plan post MBA: I want to make a switch to consulting domain. I am fascinated with the knowledge consultants possess as they get to work with various clients from different industries.

Target Schools - Top 25 colleges, which have high %age placement in consulting domain, in the US

Thank you so much in advance­

Originally posted by panda_fighter on 14 Apr 2023, 10:13.
Last edited by panda_fighter on 14 Mar 2024, 07:07, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hello!
I am looking to apply to R1 for the 2024 intake. I would request you evaluate my profile for top US/Europe FT MBA programs.

Background and nationality:
29 years, Indian Engineer Male working in Consulting sector. Lived for 15 years in Saudi Arabia (though no work per se).

Undergrad/certification information:
Bachelor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from BITS Pilani with CGPI 7.33/10.
Completed Product Management course on Upgrad from DUKE CE

GMAT:
700 (Q50,V35) - 4th attempt after score plateau of 650. Can plan to take GRE if that helps.

Work experience and leadership:

Total Work experience: 6 years

1) Currently working as Senior Associate in a strategic healthcare consulting firm working with top US pharmaceutical clients (since June 22)
Brief of the role: Lead a team of 2 associates to operationalize the market research studies of top pharma companies for projects worth USD 2+ Mn. Few Initiatives to help the company save/generate USD 1+ Mn. The promotion is due in Sept this year.

Prior work experience:

2) Spent 3 years as a Consultant in an Impact consulting firm dealing with clients— CSR companies, NGOs, Foundations, and Government. Received 3 promotions, one every year.
Brief of the role: Lead a team of 5+ members to execute end-to-end 25+ impact assessment projects across Education, healthcare, livelihood, Water Sanitation and hygiene etc. Led PnL of projects worth USD 15 Mn. Executed data collection exercise across 22+ states of India covering 6000+ stakeholders. Helped the company expands its clientele base. Significant contribution in building team capacity and growing the team size from 7 to 32 members (when I left)

3) Worked as Development Consultant to an Indian Member of Parliament on a 1-year long fellowship program
Brief of the role: Worked on multi-million government and CSR projects to bring development to the constituency. Notable ones such as solving the decade-long arsenic contamination problem, enhancing healthcare delivery services, beautification of lakes, etc

4) 8 months as Senior Analyst at IT consulting firm. Left the firm early because I wanted more functional role and hence transitioned to social sector.

Extracurricular activities/Achievement:
1) Started a social enterprise helping artisans sell their products on e-commerce in 5+ categories with total sales of INR 1.2 Mn in 1.5 years
2) Held a leadership role of being Hostel Rep (part of the Student Union at BITS)
3) Held various leadership roles on various organizing committees of international events at the college
4) Received a Letter of Recommendation from a Member of Parliament I worked with

Post MBA goals:
Short-term: Join consulting firms in the likes of MBB in ESG or healthcare vertical (because of my experience in consulting but in my current role I'm into operations of market research and would want to get into the more strategy-oriented role)
Long-term: Start social enterprise focussed on enhancing livelihood in Indian rural areas (Showcase my commitment to the social sector and combine learning from consulting experience)

Recommendation: From my immediate managers in my current and last company.

Additional point to note:
I applied to 3 schools this March - IESE (R3), HEC Jan intake (R3), and INSEAD Jan intake (R1) - and was rejected in all 3. I believe the GMAT score or essay or profile, probably, was the concern.

Target Schools:
1) Kellogg
2) Booth
3) Duke
4) Ross
5) Darden
6) Anderson
7) Kenan-Flagler
8) INSEAD
9) LBS
10) Oxford
Send PM
Expert Reply
McDuck99 wrote:
Hello! I am looking to apply to R1 for the 2024 intake. I would request you evaluate my profile for top US/Europe FT MBA programs. Background and nationality: 29 years, Indian Engineer Male working in Consulting sector. Lived for 15 years in Saudi Arabia (though no work per se). Undergrad/certification information: Bachelor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from BITS Pilani with CGPI 7.33/10. Completed Product Management course on Upgrad from DUKE CE GMAT: 700 (Q50,V35) - 4th attempt after score plateau of 650. Can plan to take GRE if that helps. Work experience and leadership: Total Work experience: 6 years 1) Currently working as Senior Associate in a strategic healthcare consulting firm working with top US pharmaceutical clients (since June 22) Brief of the role: Lead a team of 2 associates to operationalize the market research studies of top pharma companies for projects worth USD 2+ Mn. Few Initiatives to help the company save/generate USD 1+ Mn. The promotion is due in Sept this year. Prior work experience: 2) Spent 3 years as a Consultant in an Impact consulting firm dealing with clients— CSR companies, NGOs, Foundations, and Government. Received 3 promotions, one every year. Brief of the role: Lead a team of 5+ members to execute end-to-end 25+ impact assessment projects across Education, healthcare, livelihood, Water Sanitation and hygiene etc. Led PnL of projects worth USD 15 Mn. Executed data collection exercise across 22+ states of India covering 6000+ stakeholders. Helped the company expands its clientele base. Significant contribution in building team capacity and growing the team size from 7 to 32 members (when I left) 3) Worked as Development Consultant to an Indian Member of Parliament on a 1-year long fellowship program Brief of the role: Worked on multi-million government and CSR projects to bring development to the constituency. Notable ones such as solving the decade-long arsenic contamination problem, enhancing healthcare delivery services, beautification of lakes, etc 4) 8 months as Senior Analyst at IT consulting firm. Left the firm early because I wanted more functional role and hence transitioned to social sector. Extracurricular activities/Achievement: 1) Started a social enterprise helping artisans sell their products on e-commerce in 5+ categories with total sales of INR 1.2 Mn in 1.5 years 2) Held a leadership role of being Hostel Rep (part of the Student Union at BITS) 3) Held various leadership roles on various organizing committees of international events at the college 4) Received a Letter of Recommendation from a Member of Parliament I worked with Post MBA goals: Short-term: Join consulting firms in the likes of MBB in ESG or healthcare vertical (because of my experience in consulting but in my current role I’m into operations of market research and would want to get into the more strategy-oriented role) Long-term: Start social enterprise focussed on enhancing livelihood in Indian rural areas (Showcase my commitment to the social sector and combine learning from consulting experience) Recommendation: From my immediate managers in my current and last company. Additional point to note: I applied to 3 schools this March - IESE (R3), HEC Jan intake (R3), and INSEAD Jan intake (R1) - and was rejected in all 3. I believe the GMAT score or essay or profile, probably, was the concern. Target Schools: 1) Kellogg 2) Booth 3) Duke 4) Ross 5) Darden 6) Anderson 7) Kenan-Flagler 8) INSEAD 9) LBS 10) Oxford

Hi McDuck99, Great work experience and growth. Tough break with your March applications. 700 is a bit low for the schools on your list as an Indian male. Your experience and stories can help boost your profile, but should expand your list of schools to include T20-25 schools.

Happy to discuss your profile and school list more - schedule a call here - https://calendly.com/jenifert-aringo/gmatclub

Originally posted by ARINGO on 03 May 2023, 10:08.
Last edited by ARINGO on 03 May 2023, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
GRE 1: Q162 V161
GPA: 3.34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
I am planning on applying Fall 2024. I wanted to get some feedback on where I can improve my profile to be competitive at a T25 school.

Background:

Indian-American female, 24. US citizen Undergrad: Top 20 School in the US.

Work Experience:

~3 years in an energy manufacturing company. Part of a 3 year rotational program. First role was a data validation engineer. Second role was a sales engineer. Third role is in project finance (this was a promotion).

Undergrad Stats:

Major: Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.34

GMAT: 670 (43Q/ 39V). I am willing to take GRE as I've taken the GMAT multiple times and this is my best score.

Post MBA Goals:

I am interested in sustainability from a finance perspective. I want my MBA to help me develop the skills to help companies with determining what technologies to invest in with regards to sustainability and carbon emissions. I would like to work at a bank after my MBA (not in IB or PE)

MBA Targets: Top 25. Dream Schools are NYU Stern/ Duke Fuqua. Aiming for Tepper, Johnson, UCLA, USC, McCombs. Also considering Rice, Vanderbilt, Emory. I am open to considering other schools too.

Extracurriculars: Part of a volunteering organization to help girls get exposed to STEM. Was co-president of AICHE chapter at my school and part of other clubs in undergrad.

I am also between doing a full time or part time MBA. However, I'm not sure if a part time will help me move from project finance to corporate finance. I am considering part time as a work in energy now and can gain some valuable experience in learning about the new technologies that are being developed. If I do part time, I'm aiming for Haas, Booth, Kellogg, Stern or Anderson. Thank you all for your help.
Send PM
Expert Reply
sashok98 wrote:
I am planning on applying Fall 2024. I wanted to get some feedback on where I can improve my profile to be competitive at a T25 school.

Background:

Work Experience:

~3 years in an energy manufacturing company. Part of a 3 year rotational program. First role was a data validation engineer. Second role was a sales engineer. Third role is in project finance (this was a promotion).

Undergrad Stats:

GMAT: 670 (43Q/ 39V). I am willing to take GRE as I've taken the GMAT multiple times and this is my best score.

Post MBA Goals:

I am interested in sustainability from a finance perspective. I want my MBA to help me develop the skills to help companies with determining what technologies to invest in with regards to sustainability and carbon emissions. I would like to work at a bank after my MBA (not in IB or PE)

MBA Targets: Top 25. Dream Schools are NYU Stern/ Duke Fuqua. Aiming for Tepper, Johnson, UCLA, USC, McCombs. Also considering Rice, Vanderbilt, Emory. I am open to considering other schools too.

Extracurriculars: Part of a volunteering organization to help girls get exposed to STEM. Was co-president of AICHE chapter at my school and part of other clubs in undergrad.

I am also between doing a full time or part time MBA. However, I'm not sure if a part time will help me move from project finance to corporate finance. I am considering part time as a work in energy now and can gain some valuable experience in learning about the new technologies that are being developed. If I do part time, I'm aiming for Haas, Booth, Kellogg, Stern or Anderson. Thank you all for your help.

Hi Sashok98,

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have an exciting profile! From what I can see:

Education - GPA seems high (would love to know your position in % in the class).

GMAT - Well, 670 is a tricky score for top programs. As almost all schools accept GRE scores and if you feel you can score better on GRE- go ahead (we have nothing to lose).

Professional experience - I think your current role and work experience are very relevant for an MBA. However, you need to make an impactful resume quantifying the results, leadership skills, etc. Also, your story should talk about your passion for finance and the energy sector.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Good volunteering wok. Schools look for a well-rounded profile. Mention your hobbies too.

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine but we need to connect the dots with what you are doing presently. We can discuss this further if we get to work together. Between part-time vs full-time MBA- well, the call is more of yours as it depends on your preference and constraints. However, if there are no major constraints, then a full-time MBA will be more beneficial.

All in all, it sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Hi! I’ll get right away to my stats and do let me know how my profile looks, thanks!

GMAT - 700 (Q48 V37 split)
Nationality - Indian
U.G - 3.01 CGPA BBA with a specialization in Finance and Accountancy (Course integrated with ACCA London, completed 10/13 professional papers, increasing difficulty of course as the avg is 2.90 CGPA)
At university, I represented the university at national level music competitions, winning 1st place in all and won multiple accolades.
Led the hospitality, logistics, and sponsorship teams for multiple events.
W.E - 2.5 years (3 by the time I start classes in Jan), Supply Chain Solutions/Logistics/Transportation
In 3 years, been promoted thrice, once over 4 months, and the other 2 over a year each. work as an Analyst (track was Associate Analyst, Quality Analyst, Product Analyst, lateral shift to Analyst)
I am also a professional musician, heavily involved in session work, performed at multiple international venues throughout South India, sold out shows generating over 200000 INR, have multiple singles and an album under my name. Freelance a lot as a musician.
Tennis - District level seeded among top 300 in my state however now I play it leisurely as a sport.
Travel - I’m part of one of the largest motorcycle clubs. We tour the country as well as host CSR activities and contribute to the society. I have also been heavily involved in community service during covid, allotting resources to various households that required resources.

As part of international exposure, majority of my formative years were spent in France, UK, and the US. I now work with cross-functional and cross-border teams in my line of work, mainly interacting closely with my US and Hong-Kong counterparts.

My LORs are from the SVP and one of our Senior Principal Product Owners.

I plan on applying for R1 at INSEAD (Dream school so I’m not overly confident) and I would say that my essays are structured decently, however the anxiety is through the roof.

How does my profile look overall?

Thanks!

*R2

An update to this, I’ve made it through to interviews and gave both of them which went well i think, however i have no idea whether I’ll get through or not 😅

Originally posted by Calico on 05 Jun 2023, 21:49.
Last edited by Calico on 05 Jun 2023, 21:59, edited 2 times in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
Calico wrote:
Hi! I’ll get right away to my stats and do let me know how my profile looks, thanks!

GMAT - 700 (Q48 V37 split)
Nationality - Indian
U.G - 3.01 CGPA BBA with a specialization in Finance and Accountancy (Course integrated with ACCA London, completed 10/13 professional papers, increasing difficulty of course as the avg is 2.90 CGPA)
At university, I represented the university at national level music competitions, winning 1st place in all and won multiple accolades.
Led the hospitality, logistics, and sponsorship teams for multiple events.
W.E - 2.5 years (3 by the time I start classes in Jan), Supply Chain Solutions/Logistics/Transportation
In 3 years, been promoted thrice, once over 4 months, and the other 2 over a year each. work as an Analyst (track was Associate Analyst, Quality Analyst, Product Analyst, lateral shift to Analyst)
I am also a professional musician, heavily involved in session work, performed at multiple international venues throughout South India, sold out shows generating over 200000 INR, have multiple singles and an album under my name. Freelance a lot as a musician.
Tennis - District level seeded among top 300 in my state however now I play it leisurely as a sport.
Travel - I’m part of one of the largest motorcycle clubs. We tour the country as well as host CSR activities and contribute to the society. I have also been heavily involved in community service during covid, allotting resources to various households that required resources.

As part of international exposure, majority of my formative years were spent in France, UK, and the US. I now work with cross-functional and cross-border teams in my line of work, mainly interacting closely with my US and Hong-Kong counterparts.

My LORs are from the SVP and one of our Senior Principal Product Owners.

I plan on applying for R1 at INSEAD (Dream school so I’m not overly confident) and I would say that my essays are structured decently, however the anxiety is through the roof.

How does my profile look overall?

Thanks!

*R2

An update to this, I’ve made it through to interviews and gave both of them which went well i think, however i have no idea whether I’ll get through or not 😅

Hey Calico,

Your GPA of 3.01 is decent but you can also compensate that by highlighting your specialisation in Finance and Accountancy and your strong performance in the ACCA program, along with any notable academic achievements, relevant coursework, or certifications from your undergraduate studies.

Your GMAT score of 700 is solid, but you need to understand that GMAT is just 25% of your profile. Schools look holistically while evaluating a profile so you need to work on your essays, SOPs and LORs. In terms of work experience, showcase your 2.5 years in supply chain solutions, logistics, and transportation by highlighting specific achievements such as quantifiable results, cost savings, process improvements, or successful projects.

Your involvement in music, including winning competitions and performing internationally, is fantastic. Additionally, discuss your participation in a motorcycle club, engagement in CSR activities, and community service during COVID-19. Leverage your international exposure in France, UK, and the US, emphasising your cross-functional and cross-border teamwork, cultural insights, and ability to thrive in diverse environments.

Recommendations are highly valuable. Make sure they emphasise your strengths and potential for success. During interviews, let your passion shine through as you share your unique experiences, aspirations, and how you plan to contribute to the INSEAD community.

Lastly, showcase your leadership and impact at work through examples such as leading teams, driving process improvements, managing projects, mentoring colleagues, collaborating across departments, and achieving quantifiable results.

Tell compelling stories, highlighting challenges, outcomes, and lessons learned. By doing so, you'll provide convincing evidence of your potential to excel in an MBA program and future leadership roles.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
sashok98 wrote:

Background:

Work Experience:

Undergrad Stats:

Post MBA Goals:

Hey sashok98,

Your GMAT score of 670 is decent, but it might be beneficial to try the GRE as well. A higher score can significantly boost your application. Aim for a score above the average range of your target schools.

Your undergraduate GPA of 3.34 is slightly below the average. Showcase your strong performance in quantitative courses or highlight relevant coursework and certifications.

Your three-year rotational program shows adaptability and development. Take on leadership roles or additional responsibilities to demonstrate your skills.

Be specific about your post-MBA goals in sustainable finance. Research and highlight relevant courses, clubs, and initiatives offered by your target schools.

Active involvement in extracurricular activities related to sustainability or finance strengthens your profile.

Consider the choice between full-time and part-time MBA based on your goals and circumstances. Explain your reasoning clearly.

Thoroughly research each school, highlighting how their offerings align with your goals. Expand your list to increase chances of admission.

Highlight leadership and impact at work through examples: leading teams, introducing innovation, cross-functional collaboration, mentorship, and quantifiable business results.

Create a compelling application showcasing your unique experiences, strengths, and potential contributions.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Hey MiM essay, thanks for the feedback! I just made it to INSEAD today, got a call from them, will be attending Jan 24 intake!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GRE 1: Q156 V157
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Hello! Good day

Requesting a profile evaluation:

I'm looking to get into product management at top US tech companies

A brief bit about my profile:

Background
Bangladeshi, Male, 27, First-gen college grad

Why MBA
Want to transition from Brand Management into Product Management. In my current role I got to work with several product managers and found the discipline fascinating.

MBA Targets: Top 35. Dream Schools are Duke Fuqua, Tuck, UCLA. Aiming for Tepper, Johnson, USC, McCombs.m
For Fall 2023 session, I got in Schulich, still waitlisted at Simon and rejected from Emory and Ohio.

Work Experience
4 years (upon matriculation) in Brand Management in 2nd largest Telcom operator in Bangladesh. Have led multiple cross-functional projects with clear, large scale impact and contribution to the company. Promotion coming up next month

Interesting work project: Created mental health group with professional NGO partner support. Members get free of cost counseling. Currently 11k+ members with 50+ suicide prevention cases

Academics
-GMAT: 650 (V37, Q43, IR4, AWA4)
-Undergrad: Bachelor of Business Administration (CGPA of 3.24 out of 4-> top 20%)
-Micro-Masters in Marketing Analytics, University of California, BerkeleyX (passed with 90% score)

Leadership
Co-founded a footwear startup during undergrad ( sustainable shoes from truck tires and upcycled quilt) - although did not survive 2nd year

Certifications and Awards
-Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
-Google UX Design Professional Certificate
-Global Carrier Award for Best Social Marketing Campaign
-Star Performer award and Exceptional contribution awards

Extra-curriculars
-Winners and runners-up across multiple business case competitions
-Muay Thai training for last ~2 years
-Civilian Black belt in Krav Maga- Led training sessions across country

Languages - English, Bengali (Native Fluency); Turkish (B1 Level)

Thank you for your help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi, I would be greatful if you could help me evaluate my profile

Age 34
BE Computer Science (2009 pass out)
MBA Finance from a top tier bschool in India (2013 passout)

Experience
10 years of post MBA experience in corporate banking credit analysis and relationship management. Countries worked include India (4 years), UAE (1.5 years), Kuwait (4 years), Oman (0.5 years). Current position Relationship Manager Large Corporates in an Omani bank.

Looking to move to US, UK with an MBA from an Ivy League College. Looking to specialise in Finance/Banking. Preferably 1 year full time mba.

Yet to take GMAT. Is it necessary given my experience. Request your inputs on target b schools/courses and GMAT score (if necessary). Would my age be an entry barrier:?

Thanks
Ashwin
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am assessing my chance for a place in top MBA programs, and would appreciate any advice :)

GMAT 750
Chinese born and raised in Hong Kong
Male
29 years old
3+ years studying /working overseas
Currently in Hong Kong
FRM & CFA Charterholder
First gen college graduate
Language Spoken: Cantonese, Mandarin, English and some Japanese

Work Experience:
-close to 7 years of working experience in total
-Spent 4 years in a well-known French investment bank working as Equity Derivatives Structurer and Equity Derivative Sales, and was publicly recognized for achievements at APAC level.
-Currently working as a Structured Products Specialist at one of the largest Private Bank in the world, the team is very well-regarded both in terms of media coverage and internal evaluation, spent almost 3 years here and not planning to leave for now

Education:
- Bachelor of Economics at a top local university in Hong Kong (QS ranking no 34 in 2022)
- a low 2:1 (~3.0-3.1/4.0)
-overseas exchange experience in Korea, the UK , and Sweden

Extracurricular:
-Some mentorship to aspiring university students
- Badminton player at semi-competitive level
-Joined student club as committee but didn’t take up leadership roles

Target Schools:
-UK: Imperial, LBS, Oxbridge
-US: Chicago, MIT, Wharton, Yale, Stern, Columbia (Harvard, Stanford probably no chance)

Career goal post MBA:
-To further my career and work as an investment strategist or structured products sales at top private banks in US / UK

Please provide your insights on my target schools and any other suggestions!
Do you think my low GPA is a deal breaker? (I have no excuse for it, I took too many part time jobs and internships, purely time management issues)

Thank you so much for taking the time.
Send PM
Expert Reply
toooldformba? wrote:
I am assessing my chance for a place in top MBA programs, and would appreciate any advice :)

GMAT 750
Chinese born and raised in Hong Kong
Male
29 years old
3+ years studying /working overseas
Currently in Hong Kong
FRM & CFA Charterholder
First gen college graduate
Language Spoken: Cantonese, Mandarin, English and some Japanese

Work Experience:
-close to 7 years of working experience in total
-Spent 4 years in a well-known French investment bank working as Equity Derivatives Structurer and Equity Derivative Sales, and was publicly recognized for achievements at APAC level.
-Currently working as a Structured Products Specialist at one of the largest Private Bank in the world, the team is very well-regarded both in terms of media coverage and internal evaluation, spent almost 3 years here and not planning to leave for now

Education:
- Bachelor of Economics at a top local university in Hong Kong (QS ranking no 34 in 2022)
- a low 2:1 (~3.0-3.1/4.0)
-overseas exchange experience in Korea, the UK , and Sweden

Extracurricular:
-Some mentorship to aspiring university students
- Badminton player at semi-competitive level
-Joined student club as committee but didn’t take up leadership roles

Target Schools:
-UK: Imperial, LBS, Oxbridge
-US: Chicago, MIT, Wharton, Yale, Stern, Columbia (Harvard, Stanford probably no chance)

Career goal post MBA:
-To further my career and work as an investment strategist or structured products sales at top private banks in US / UK

Please provide your insights on my target schools and any other suggestions!
Do you think my low GPA is a deal breaker? (I have no excuse for it, I took too many part time jobs and internships, purely time management issues)

Thank you so much for taking the time.

Hi tooldformba,

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a fascinating profile! From what I can see:

Academics – We would like to know your class percentile in your undergrad. International exposure through student exchange programs is a positive point. CFA + FRM certified- Nice :)

GMAT - Well, 750 is an amazing score!

Work Experience –Your experience looks good with strong cross-cultural exposure. We would like to know more about the impact of your work, promotions, leadership skills, etc.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Tell us more about your volunteering work and hobbies.

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine as this is a logical extension of what you are doing presently but will be able to give more insights once you share your CV and provide more details

School list and Query – Your school list looks fine. With a solid GMAT score, your GPA does not look like a deal breaker but we need to showcase the same aptly in your applications for making a strong case.

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
sifatullah009 wrote:
Hello! Good day

Requesting a profile evaluation:

I'm looking to get into product management at top US tech companies

A brief bit about my profile:

Background
Bangladeshi, Male, 27, First-gen college grad

Why MBA
Want to transition from Brand Management into Product Management. In my current role I got to work with several product managers and found the discipline fascinating.

MBA Targets: Top 35. Dream Schools are Duke Fuqua, Tuck, UCLA. Aiming for Tepper, Johnson, USC, McCombs.m
For Fall 2023 session, I got in Schulich, still waitlisted at Simon and rejected from Emory and Ohio.

Work Experience
4 years (upon matriculation) in Brand Management in 2nd largest Telcom operator in Bangladesh. Have led multiple cross-functional projects with clear, large scale impact and contribution to the company. Promotion coming up next month

Interesting work project: Created mental health group with professional NGO partner support. Members get free of cost counseling. Currently 11k+ members with 50+ suicide prevention cases

Academics
-GMAT: 650 (V37, Q43, IR4, AWA4)
-Undergrad: Bachelor of Business Administration (CGPA of 3.24 out of 4-> top 20%)
-Micro-Masters in Marketing Analytics, University of California, BerkeleyX (passed with 90% score)

Leadership
Co-founded a footwear startup during undergrad ( sustainable shoes from truck tires and upcycled quilt) - although did not survive 2nd year

Certifications and Awards
-Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
-Google UX Design Professional Certificate
-Global Carrier Award for Best Social Marketing Campaign
-Star Performer award and Exceptional contribution awards

Extra-curriculars
-Winners and runners-up across multiple business case competitions
-Muay Thai training for last ~2 years
-Civilian Black belt in Krav Maga- Led training sessions across country

Languages - English, Bengali (Native Fluency); Turkish (B1 Level)

Thank you for your help

Hey sifatullah009,

You have a well-rounded profile with diverse work experiences, entrepreneurial initiative, and solid leadership roles, complemented by a vibrant mix of extracurricular activities. As a Brand Management professional in Bangladesh's second-largest telecom operator, your impact on cross-functional projects is commendable.

Your efforts to create a mental health group, showing genuine empathy and social responsibility, add a distinct touch to your profile. Further, your trilingual proficiency amplifies your global outlook, a desirable trait in the multicultural business world.

However, to enhance your profile, consider retaking GMAT and aiming for a score of 720 for your targeted schools. Amplify your achievements by quantifying the impact you've had, like the effect of your mental health group on the organization's overall morale or the outcome of your cross-functional projects.

Connect your past experience in Brand Management to your future aspiration of Product Management and justify how an MBA is crucial for this transition. Expand on your leadership roles, shedding light on your responsibilities and growth. Articulate your short-term and long-term goals post-MBA, showing a clear vision of your career trajectory.

For instance, leverage your startup experience to highlight leadership, like leading a marketing strategy that boosted sales. Showcase your martial arts leadership through nationwide Krav Maga training sessions, enhancing participants' fitness and self-defense abilities.

Focus on quantifiable achievements, such as streamlining operational processes resulting in cost and service improvements, or orchestrating brand campaigns that enhanced customer base and loyalty. All these elements, woven strategically, will present a more persuasive profile to the admissions committee, maximizing your chances for admission.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75