Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 293 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.73
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CBS(J - Term) Applicants(Jan-2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
Hi,

Read your post.. Was hoping to receive feedback from you regarding the employment opportunities post J Term..

I do too have 8 years work ex.. and 2 years studying for the mba seems like a stretch..

I have been advised though by consultants to not take chances by applying for the J Term and apply for the normal intake..

How did you decide between the 2..

Would really appreciate your response
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all CBS(J - Term) Applicants(Jan-2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
dLo wrote:
kohai wrote:
Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster (this forum has been tremendously helpful, so I figured I would give back). I actually applied for J-term back in late april (roughly 3 or 4 days after the application opened), as a re-applicant. Requisite stats:

Application submission: late April (27th I think)
Re-interview request: May 20th
Interview date: June 1st
Interview feedback submitted: June 3rd
Accepted: June 17th

I am a re-applicant as an FYI...applied back in February of this year and was rejected on April 2nd after I had done an interview in March.

If anyone is curious, had a 720 on the GMAT with ~8 years work experience. It took a bit for them to get back to me, so everyone that is still waiting, don't give up hope!

first, congrats!

second, you re-applied less than a month after response? that's great, I'm curious how you re-framed your application or what changed that swayed their decision in your favor this time?

Hi Dlo,

That's actually good question. I don't particularly have any magic formula here in terms of how to reframe the application. Having said that, you actually can't do much in terms of reframing your application as your essays you did from your previous application are locked into the system (assuming you applied in less than a year). The only incremental thing you need to add is a why are you reapplying essay as well as an additional recommendation. In terms of what I wrote in my reapplication essay, I mentioned some conference stuff that I helped lead back in February (when I initially applied) and some of the added experiences behind it. I was also told by the admission's office to mention the conversations I've had with them since I was rejected within the essay as helping to strengthen my commitment to Columbia (I do think this part helped the most). Other than that, I also had to do a reinterview and definitely made mention that Columbia was my top choice after evaluation my other job prospects etc. Does this answer your question?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Submitted my app 7/8 (completed 7/10) and waiting to hear back about an interview now!

Anyone heard anything recently?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
nomis wrote:
This thread should be changed to J-Term (2016 Intake) class of 2017, ( not 2018) Hopefully, more applicants would join the thread....

Yesss!!! I really want the thread name changed too. This really throws people off.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
AG23 wrote:
Submitted my app 7/8 (completed 7/10) and waiting to hear back about an interview now!

Anyone heard anything recently?

I am happy to see people are applying this early for J-Term. I plan to submit in a month.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Hi all,

I had my interview a few days ago. I wanted to know how you know if your interviewer has submitted their feedback. Does it show on your account?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AuburnKate wrote:
Hi all,

I had my interview a few days ago. I wanted to know how you know if your interviewer has submitted their feedback. Does it show on your account?

Unfortunately I can't answer your question, as I haven't heard back about an interview yet, but would you mind sharing how long your wait was from submission to interview invite?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '18 (S)
Send PM
AG23 wrote:
AuburnKate wrote:
Hi all,

Unfortunately I can't answer your question, as I haven't heard back about an interview yet, but would you mind sharing how long your wait was from submission to interview invite?

Thanks!

Absolutely! I waited exactly three weeks for response, and then took just over 2 weeks to schedule and hold my interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AuburnKate wrote:
AG23 wrote:
AuburnKate wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Absolutely! I waited exactly three weeks for response, and then took just over 2 weeks to schedule and hold my interview.

Thanks, AuburnKate! Congrats on the interview and hopefully you have good news coming your way soon! I'm hoping to hear any day about an interview, the waiting process is torture.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '17 (WL)
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
GPA: 3
Send PM
mark~ just submitted on Aug 10th.
interview invited on Aug 20th, sheduled on Sep 7th, now wait...

Do I get to know when the interviewer submit the report? It seems that nothing has changed.

update: interviewed on Sep 7th, report submitted on Sep 15th, waitlisted on 18th :cry:

I guess the game is over for me.

Originally posted by dunkit on 18 Aug 2015, 08:17.
Last edited by dunkit on 20 Sep 2015, 18:20, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Application submitted 8/27!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Applied on August 10, 2015 but still no word. Feeling a little bit anxious because I was granted admission to INSEAD and I need to pay aa deposit by September 25, 2015 to secure my placement. I feel that I probably won't get the CBS decision by then so I don't know if I should just go to INSEAD already and forego my CBS application.

Update: Received interview notice on Sept. 2 and interview conducted on Sept. 11.

2nd Update: Reached out to the Admissions Committee about my situation on Sept. 14, then received my acceptance call today, Sept. 15. I'm amazed at how fast and helpful the ad com is!

Originally posted by sanchito on 29 Aug 2015, 14:34.
Last edited by sanchito on 15 Sep 2015, 04:05, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone have an updated personal application schedule?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi guys,

Has anyone applied to the J-term and waiting for the interview invitation or for the final result?

Just curious what is the timeline look like as of now.

Also, if you apply now, is it too late? as CBS is rolling and J-Term application is due October 7th.

Moreover, I heard J-Term is less competitive than the normal term that starts in the Fall, so would it be ok if your GMAT score is very high 600s which is right below 700s?

Please share some advices and infos. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
suv8080 wrote:
Hi guys,

Has anyone applied to the J-term and waiting for the interview invitation or for the final result?

Also, if you apply now, is it too late? as CBS is rolling and J-Term application is due October 7th.

Moreover, I heard J-Term is less competitive than the normal term that starts in the Fall, so would it be ok if your GMAT score is very high 600s which is right below 700s?

Hi there. I applied 8/27 and have not heard anything yet - I am extremely anxious!

ED applicants who submitted 8/10 received their invitations/rejections last week.

Although your chances decrease due to the rolling admissions structure still being applicable to J-term (math and human behavior says so), I've heard it nowhere as severe as RD.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
therakc wrote:
suv8080 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi there. I applied 8/27 and have not heard anything yet - I am extremely anxious!

ED applicants who submitted 8/10 received their invitations/rejections last week.

Although your chances decrease due to the rolling admissions structure still being applicable to J-term (math and human behavior says so), I've heard it nowhere as severe as RD.

Hi therakc,

I submitted mine mid-last week. I think updates to your application should come out soon as I saw the earlier posts in which people receive in 3-4 weeks. Can't wait...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
therakc wrote:
Does anyone have an updated personal application schedule?

You applied to J-term?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts