Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg (R2 WL)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg Fall 2011 Waitlists [#permalink]
Does anyone have any thoughts on levels of acceptable essay re-use for reapplicants? I'm expecting that some essay topics will be similar to those from last year and if you have a section that you were quite happy with, is it ok to include in your new essay? Or is the expectation that you start from scratch?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q51  V42
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
Send PM
jmad1983 wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts on levels of acceptable essay re-use for reapplicants? I'm expecting that some essay topics will be similar to those from last year and if you have a section that you were quite happy with, is it ok to include in your new essay? Or is the expectation that you start from scratch?

jmad,

I'd definitely recommend you do as much from scratch as possible. If nothing else, don't reuse paragraphs from your original essay word for word. Kellogg is very reapp-friendly and they have access to parts of your original application so use your second app as an opportunity to take a step up from what you had.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks balki1867. Not copying sections directly was also my instinct, but there will definitely be some content overlap from year to year, especially when it comes to motivations, career progress, etc.

Not sure if you all have seen but the 2012 essay topics were posted and they are identical to last year save for a new option (or two?) on the final essay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got the call earlier today and couldn't be more excited. It was unexpected, took me by surprise and frankly I still am a little in shock about it.

Best of luck to you all still waiting. There is still hope!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg
Send PM
Hi Everyone - I have been a long time lurker and this forum has been a great support system over the past few months! I wanted to share the news that I also got the call today and was admitted. Needless to say, I'm overjoyed and never thought this day would come. I sincerely hope you all receive such wonderful news as well! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi all,
just got a call! couldn't believe my ears! was speechless for a minute! thanks everyone for your support and help. good luck to all still waiting. don't give up hope.
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Got the call earlier today!! M/Intl/Rd 1 applicant
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all,

I also got the call yesterday! Actually I missed it...was in Costco and didn't hear my phone ringing. Lol. I had given up. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Now...how to pay for school???

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quick note to all the late admits. I got my admit quite late as well, and had to work through a lot of details. Here is a summary of how to catch up:

1. Send your admission deposit to Kellogg.

2. You will get a USER ID from Kellogg. This is your passport to internal student page. Log in and find your way to the "To Do list". This is the most comprehensive list of things you would need to do. Read this thoroughly, and you should be good. Do not get confused with all the other information floating around.

3. If you are looking for Financial Aid - complete your financial aid information first. Again - the information for this can be found in the 'To do' list.

4. Join the Kellogg Class of 2013 Facebook Group. I am sure you all are smart enough to find that.

5. Before starting school - students are given the option to go a KWEST trip; shorthand for Kellogg Worldwide Service Trip. This is a 1 week international trip, where you visit countries outside of United States with your future classmates. Information about this should be on your 'To do list'. You should email the organizer to find out if there are is any availabilities and confirm your place asap. Lot of people have suggested it should be taken, so my advise to you - DO IT.

6. Look for housing. Post your information on the Facebook group. There is also an internal discussion group where you can post your details or contact me at - kuiper22 at gmail dot com. I am still looking for a roommate.

As far as I am concerned - I am 26/M from San Francisco.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
This is really helpful. Thank you! I'm going a little crazy and wondering if I can pull this off with less than a month before orientation.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot kuiper - this is really helpful. I am trying to catch up as well.

For KWEST Trip - official registration is closed but here is the email:
kwest@kellogg.northwestern.edu
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg (R2 WL)
Send PM
Hey ! Any international candidate recently got admit? I got admit this Friday/Monday and now I'm really anxious thinking that how Would I be able to complete all the formalities Loan/Visa etc mainly and make it there before 29th August? By any chance any of you in the same situation? In worst case, Are deferrals/ delayed entry any options? I find it very strange situation in which i don't even know whether I should celebrate !:-|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TX610 wrote:
Hey ! Any international candidate recently got admit? I got admit this Friday/Monday and now I'm really anxious thinking that how Would I be able to complete all the formalities Loan/Visa etc mainly and make it there before 29th August? By any chance any of you in the same situation? In worst case, Are deferrals/ delayed entry any options? I find it very strange situation in which i don't even know whether I should celebrate !:-|

I'm not an international but I definitely feel your pain! I'm just going to trust that everything will work out. Given the time constraint I don't think I'll be able to do KWEST :(

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
Congrats to all the recent admits!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TX610 wrote:

Just got in too! :-)
International student ...so the next 20 days are gonna be crazzzy!
Visa, finances, quit job etc etc etc ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
International student. Just got in, second last place or so I'm told.... Next 15 days will be chaos!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got in on Monday. Got an email at 530 AM while in Bangkok. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep.

Was planning on moving to Chicago anyways, so that worked out well.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27