Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
How are the essays coming along people? Anyone up for peer reviews?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Top Contributor
souvik101990 wrote:

Hey souvik101990, Haven't started writing the essays yet. I will be starting in the 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug. We can do the peer review if it fine for you...

Let me know...
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Leveraging Kellogg’s academics, alumni networks and more to launch a successful startup
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/screenshot-2016-08-03-22-26-37.png?w=627
When Steve Lane ’16 set out to choose a business school, he had one essential question in mind: Which school can get my startup off the ground?

After carefully weighing his options, Steve decided that Kellogg was the best choice for developing his startup FlyHomes.

“Kellogg’s resources are amazing for startups,” Steve says. “FlyHomes would not exist if it wasn’t for professors such as Carter Cast, David Schonthal and Linda Darragh.”

In addition to unwavering support from faculty, Steve cites Kellogg’s alumni network, experiential learning opportunities and coursework as additional factors that helped his startup flourish.

Below, Steve talks in detail about FlyHomes and how Kellogg empowered him to become an entrepreneur.

What is FlyHomes, and what inspired its creation?

FlyHomes is a flexible home buying platform for tech-savvy young home buyers that combines automated intelligence with advice from experienced real estate professionals. It has the best customer acquisition hook in real estate: Buy a home. Earn miles. We’re now operating in Seattle, San Francisco and Boston.

I started working on FlyHomes after my wife and I bought our first home almost two years ago. As someone who prefers to buy a TV using Amazon rather than walking into a Best Buy, the home buying process was counterintuitive and left me with many frustrations. After going through this process, I started talking with friends and realized that many home buyers in my generation had similar frustrations. Ever since, we’ve focused on reinventing this process.

How have Kellogg alumni influenced your startup experience?

The alumni network has been tremendous. They’re incredibly approachable, and they range from recent grads to prestigious global business leaders like the head of Starbucks’ Rewards Program. The vast range of alumni I have been introduced to is unmatched.

We’ve leveraged the alumni network in every stage of our growth. When we first started, we connected with Kellogg alumni from Alaska Airlines, American Airlines and more. An alumnus from New York made an introduction that led to a major business development deal for us, which we will soon announce. Seattle-area alumni have shared our company with their work colleagues. These are just a few examples of the progress we’ve made early on. Currently, the Kellogg venture capital community is helping us prepare and make connections as we begin raising our first round of financing.

If you walk into the door at Kellogg with the goal of starting a business, not only is there nothing holding you back from doing that, but also, there are a number of powerful people that will help you day in and day out to make your startup venture a reality.

How did Kellogg’s coursework prepare you for entrepreneurial success?

I came to Kellogg with the goal of starting a business, and I quickly realized that the curriculum Kellogg offers is pretty unique. You get to set your own path, so when I got here, I took every single entrepreneurship and marketing class I could; I knew it would help me get my business off the ground. I took courses in tech marketing, advertising strategy, marketing strategy, entrepreneurship finance and business law. All of these courses have been incredibly helpful in my entrepreneurship journey.

One class in particular that really shaped FlyHomes’ development was my New Venture Discovery course with Carter Cast. This course is designed to help students navigate the earliest stages of starting a new venture, and I had the opportunity to explore customer discovery, design thinking, rapid prototyping, bootstrapping methods and more.

Specifically, the JD-MBA Program and its curriculum are a great fit for entrepreneurs. As a startup founder, I do everything in my power to save money, and I’ve leveraged skills from Business Law for Entrepreneurs and other first-year courses to manage multiple legal issues without involving outside counsel. To date, I have probably saved $20,000 in legal costs by personally setting up our international entity structure, founders agreements, trademark applications, hirings and preliminary patent applications.

For business leaders, legal issues impact their strategy every day, and I wanted to be in a position where I could shape that strategy and make informed choices when it came to my own business. I never realized how applicable the curriculum would be to my short-term goals, however — almost every day I’m facing contract and property issues, as well as discussing corporate structures.

What other Kellogg resources did you take advantage of as a budding entrepreneur?

Kellogg’s resources are amazing for startups. There are a number of programs that Kellogg offers to help develop students’ startups.

The Zell Fellows Program, which is designed to help students develop market-ready businesses by graduation, provides students with approximately $25,000 for a variety of business expenses. In addition to funding, students receive leadership coaching and mentoring from seasoned entrepreneurs. FlyHomes was lucky to be one of the first companies selected into the Zell Fellows Program twice, with my co-founder Tushar Garg ‘16 participating this year. Thanks to Zell Fellows, FlyHomes has received free consulting from IDEO, met with prominent San Francisco investors and more.

FlyHomes was also part of the Pritzker Group Venture Fellows Program. Established in 2013 with the mission of accelerating Chicago tech startups, the Pritzker Group Venture Fellows invites two Kellogg startups each year to be entrepreneurs-in-residence. This program has further opened the doors for us with $20,000 in funding, unique networking opportunities, an affiliation with the Pritzker brand and a co-working space at 1871.

1871 is a great place to work because it allows you to be around other entrepreneurs. There is a great sense of encouragement that takes place when you see others working hard on their startups, and it inspires you to push yourself even harder. Additionally, as a startup, you will inevitably hit speed bumps, so it is helpful to be in a community of entrepreneurs who have faced similar experiences and challenges.

Northwestern also offers a co-working space called The Garage. Open to all Northwestern students – including Kellogg students —The Garage is a physical space for students to meet, learn and flesh out their ideas. FlyHomes takes advantage of this collaborative environment to connect with fellow innovators across a variety of disciplines, brainstorm business solutions and help each other out whenever possible.

Most importantly, The Garage provides an unparalleled, unique environment that is conducive to startups. Simply stated, it’s a fun place to work. It’s one thing to ask your team to meet at your house at 8 a.m. before they go to class to work. (Who wants to do that?) But when you’ve got an awesome space to work, your team just comes together and is energized. Everyday we’re mapping out ideas on whiteboards, coding, taking calls and holding meetings at all hours of the day. I don’t think the living room in my house could have created this culture for our company.

What role did Kellogg professors play in your B-School experience?

FlyHomes would not exist if it wasn’t for professors such as Carter Cast, David Schonthal and Linda Darragh. At critical stages in my startup’s development, they all invested and believed in me as an entrepreneur and went out of their way to help FlyHomes pursue and achieve several milestones.

When I take a step back and contemplate whether the JD-MBA Program was the right choice for me (at a time when I was deciding between offers from several different competitive business school programs), I am confident to say that Kellogg was the right decision. And that’s because of these professors and the lasting friendships I’ve built over the past three years.

Want to learn more about Kellogg’s entrepreneurship offerings? Check out our exciting Kellogg Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative (KIEI)

Filed under: Academics, Career, Uncategorized Tagged: academics, entrepreneurship, Innovation, JD-MBA, JDMBA, JDMBA Program, Pritzker Group Venture Fellows, Startup, Startups, The Garage, Zell Fellows https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/7864/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Gnpth wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Hey souvik101990, Haven't started writing the essays yet. I will be starting in the 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug. We can do the peer review if it fine for you...

Let me know...

Sounds good man. I just finished four drafts and semi finalised essays for Kellogg. Moving on to Yale now. That one is a toughie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Checking in as a Round 1 applicant.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg welcomes the diverse, driven and talented Class of 2018
By Melissa Rapp

We are thrilled to welcome the Class of 2018, a dynamic group of students who share a record of high achievement, strong leadership and intellectual merit.

https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpr ... .png?w=627

We’re particularly proud of our new cohort’s exceptional diversity. Specifically:

U.S. minorities account for more than one-quarter of the incoming class, and international students account for more than one-third. It’s incredibly important to us to attract a diverse class, and throughout the year we host a variety of events to give ethnically diverse students a taste of Kellogg’s culture. Diversity Preview Day is a day-long event hosted with the Africa Business Club, Black Management Association and Hispanic Management Association, in which prospective students are exposed to sample classes, student panels and clubs. Our admissions team also hosts networking events across the country.

When combined with last year’s class, Kellogg’s 2Y MBA program now counts more total women than ever before. In close collaboration with the Women’s Business Association, one of the largest and most active organizations on campus, our admissions team hosts a variety of events to help prospective female students get to know Kellogg – including Women’s Preview Day, Women’s Leadership Workshop and dinners with alumni, to name a few.

Once women students are at Kellogg, they can take advantage of a new five-week seminar launched this past winter called the Women’s Leadership Seminar. Through lectures, alumni panels and guest speakers, more than 120 Kellogg women learned about negotiation, creating a personal narrative and building a personal network.

“We left inspired for the next 15 years of our careers,” wrote Libby Koerbel, who took the course in the winter and graduated in June. “Everyone I spoke to after the seminar expressed a newfound sense of inspiration as we prepare to reenter into the workforce and to become leaders in our respective fields.”

The incoming class brings a dynamic range of professional and academic backgrounds. With the strongest representation from the financial services, consulting and tech industries, the variety of industry experience across the class will enrich classroom discussions. The number of students in tech nearly doubled this year, from 8 percent to 14 percent, and this interest continues while students are here and after they graduate. Many of our students go on to pursue a career in tech after Kellogg, with companies ranging from Google and Apple to smaller startups showing strong demand for Kellogg grads.

Our class also comes from a variety of undergraduate backgrounds, with those coming from STEM and humanities even outnumbering those coming from economics and business.

Finally, our incoming class demonstrates high intellectual merit with a record-high average GMAT score of 728.

As we prepare for Complete Immersion in Management (CIM) Week, our new student orientation, the entire Kellogg community is abuzz with excitement. We can’t wait to welcome the ambitious, talented and diverse students of the Class of 2018. And we can’t wait to see what these students will accomplish – at Kellogg and beyond.

Melissa Rapp is the Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA and MS in Management Studies Programs. Melissa joined the Evanston Admissions team in January 2016 and was previously the Director of Admissions for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program located on Kellogg’s Chicago campus. She has over 15 years of higher education and admissions experience.

Filed under: Admissions, admisssions, Student Life, Uncategorized Tagged: 2Y, admissions, admits, Admitted Students, cim, class of 2018, class profile, Complete Immersion in Management, diversity, GMAT, Two-Year, Two-Year MBA Program, Two-Year Program, Women, Women's Business Association, Women's Preview Day https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/7860/
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rahulj3113 wrote:
karang92 wrote:
Hi All,

I am applying to Kellogg's Fall 2017 MBA program in Round 1 and I was looking through the application requirements. There is no mention of what specific questions Kellogg is asking the recommneders that we add.

Any ideas of what they are?

Regards,
Karan

Refer to clear admit website. They have last year's questions. Most probably they would be the same this year as well

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

They have the last years questions. I just checked with one of my recommenders.

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
They have the last years questions. I just checked with one of my recommenders.

Good thing is that most of the top 10 schools have very similar if not exactly verbiage for the main questions. Only difference will be the word limits for the questions will vary from school to school.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: How Kellogg inspires and cultivates socially conscious business leaders
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/hero-1140x416.jpg?w=627

By Eli Kaberon

Written on the wall of a fifth-floor office in the Jacobs Center is a list of ways Kellogg students and faculty work to create a better society. The office belongs to Megan Kashner ’03, who was hired in January as the school’s director of social impact. From international development to environmental sustainability to civil rights, the ways that future business leaders can address the world’s challenges are endless, and Kashner’s list is just the beginning.

“When we talk about brave leaders who make an impact when they leave Kellogg, we are talking about more than economic impact,” says Kashner. “We know that when leaders bring their values into their career paths, they are positioning themselves to make a difference. Our students and alumni are interested in finding ways they can contribute to their communities and society, and the social impact team is here to support them.”

Because Kellogg believes that business is the dominant social institution of modern society, students view their future careers through a lens of improving sustainability and human outcomes. Kellogg explores social impact areas across the globe, across disciplines and across sectors, and addresses its many facets, including impact investing, education, human and civil rights, international development, social entrepreneurship, and beyond. A focus on impact and outcomes rather than on one particular vehicle or trend keeps the school at the forefront of social impact, where it has been for decades.

“In our vision, social impact is a deep consideration about the interplay between any business or organization and its surroundings,” Kashner says. “Whether this interplay will have a positive or negative effect becomes a foundation for the way business decisions are made.”

For decades Kellogg has been preparing students to become leaders with an eye on social consciousness. That emphasis continues to this day with the social impact pathway, an integrated, cross-functional sequence of courses designed to nurture students’ passion for creating positive social impact, and help them develop the tools, knowledge, and skills they need to make that happen. Beyond the classroom, more than 75 percent of students participate in one or more of 13 Kellogg clubs that focus on social impact.

In addition to curricular and co-curricular offerings, Kellogg offers a wide range of experiential programs that allow students to make an immediate impact.

• Since 2011 Kellogg has hosted a sustainable investing challenge to inspire teams of business school students from around the world to create innovative financial solutions to environmental and human problems. Read about the 2016 challenge.
  • The Kellogg Board Fellows program, now in its 13th year, trains students in board governance and places them as non-voting board members of 50 nonprofit organizations each year.
  • In 2014 Kellogg launched the Youn Impact Scholars, which celebrates students and alumni forging positive social change. Named after One Acre Fund founder Andrew Youn ’06, the program’s scholars from the 2014, 2015, and 2016 cohorts convened in Evanston this May to share ideas and inform each other about the work they are doing. This inaugural gathering coincided with the 10-year reunion of One Acre Fund’s founding.
More than a job, social impact is a passion for Kashner, who is the founder and CEO of Benevolent, a crowdfunding nonprofit that allows donors to help low-income individuals overcome small financial hurdles blocking the path to economic stability and goals. Her passion is palpable as she works to ensure that Kellogg’s focus on social impact prepares students to become business leaders who truly understand the value of making ethical, thoughtful decisions, and who recognize that their talents and skills can change the world for the better, regardless of what industry they enter.

Continue reading here.

Learn more about Kellogg’s Social Impact curriculum, experiential learning opportunities, academic research and career services here.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life, Uncategorized Tagged: academics, experiential learning, kellogg board fellows, Megan Kashner, social impact, Youn Impact Scholar, Youn Impact Scholars https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/7897/
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
How are the essays going people?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
in for regular round (R2)
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Career Management Center Services Q&A with Liza Kirkpatrick
This interview was originally published by Clear Admit on August 11, 2016. You can read the full article here. https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/liza-kirkpatrick.png?w=627

Liza Kirkpatrick, director of full-time MBA programs for the Career Management Center at the Kellogg School of Management, has a long career in recruiting. Before joining Kellogg, she spent almost a decade with a staffing firm, helping to grow it from 12 people to five different offices in Chicago. When she came to Kellogg in 2008, she immediately had to prove her worth in a down market. Since then, she has held several different positions within career services but has always remained focused on student coaching, with oversight of the employer relations team, the coaching team and the operations team.

In the interview that follows, she unpacks the recruiting process at Kellogg, shares some of the shifts she’s seeing in terms of employer hiring and student aspirations and stresses the importance of thinking about your career goals before arriving on campus.

Our special thanks to Kirkpatrick for making time to share this valuable insight with the Clear Admit audience.

Clear Admit: What do you do in your role as director of full-time MBA programs for the Career Management Center at Kellogg?

Liza Kirkpatrick: I manage the Career Services team for Kellogg’s full-time MBA program and also work directly with students and companies. Knowing what is on the minds of students is critical, so I always have coaching sessions and meet regularly with student groups. The issue I am most focused on is how to deliver best-in-class service to both students and employers from the Career Management Center. I work with our Employer Relations team on engaging  top employers and am involved in strategy conversations around hot new companies.

CA: Now, about your team. How many career advisors do you have? Is this a relatively constant figure? If not, how has it changed in recent years? How might it change in the near future?

LK: We currently have seven coaches, a director of coaches and a CMC team that has expanded by 30 percent in the last year alone. Over the past four years, there has been a shift within the CMC to take a more proactive approach in terms of delivering career services. It can be an opt-in service, but we typically assign students a coach, then follow up with each student to make sure they have a great onboarding experience and are getting the services they need. To this end, we have invested heavily in the team.

On the employer side, we realized that our students were becoming very interested in industries that didn’t necessarily hire through traditional on-campus recruiting. For instance, we saw growing interest in entertainment, private equity and startups. So based on these interests, we have added to our business development team on the employer relations side to cultivate relationships with firms in those industries. We want to make sure that companies are thinking about Kellogg talent as opportunities arise.

Continue reading on the Clear Admit website

Learn more about Kellogg’s Career Management Center and its recruiting relationships and career development offerings.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life, Uncategorized Tagged: career, career development, Career Management, Career Management Center, Career Services, careers, CMC, employers, recruiting, recruitment https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/7935/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
How are the essays going people?

Just finished. I went through 5 drafts. Going to sit on it for a few days and then re-read.

You?
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Welcome to Kellogg CIM, Class of 2018!
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/screenshot-2016-08-28-23-10-24.png?w=627

Complete Immersion in Management (CIM) is a weeklong orientation program that introduces incoming students to the rigors and culture of Kellogg. A cornerstone of the Kellogg experience, CIM offers challenges and events that test new students’ skill sets while introducing them to their new community. CIM is organized by the CIM Exec team, which is composed of second-year students, plus 40 of their peers who serve as section leaders or volunteers.

Dear Class of 2018,

Welcome to CIM!

Over the past several weeks, you’ve moved to Evanston from across the United States and the world, traveled internationally on Kellogg Worldwide Experiences & Service Trips (KWEST) and started building relationships that will carry you through your time at Kellogg. You’ve already invested so much into your MBA journey, and now here you are – the first day of your orientation week.

Over the past year, our student CIM Exec team has reflected on what we wish we’d known when we first arrived at B-School and how to introduce you to this life-changing adventure.

We set our sights on four goals. During CIM 2016, we aspire to:

• Introduce you to the rigors of Kellogg academics
  • Show you what it means to live the collaborative Kellogg culture
  • Develop your leadership and negotiation skills
  • Connect you with inspiring members of the alumni community
This morning, CIM will kick off with Kellogg’s “One of You” speech, a tradition that celebrates the unique and diverse accomplishments of your peers. (View the impressive Class of 2018 profile here.) Afterwards, you’ll interact with your new classmates and experience Kellogg’s values of collaboration and inclusion through team-based leadership simulations.

During CIM week, you will have the opportunity to dive into Kellogg academics and attend sample classes taught by world-renowned faculty. We’re especially excited for you to attend Professor David Schonthel’s lecture on the power of design thinking, and how you can leverage it to build your business school experience.

And because the alumni network is a core component of the Kellogg student experience, you will also have the opportunity to connect with alumni through intimate fireside chats. Additionally, you will hear from keynote speaker and inspiring Kellogg alum Jai Shekhawat ’96, who founded Chicago’s first unicorn tech company.

These are just a few of the programming activities that we hope will make CIM 2016 a unique and unforgettable jumpstart to your Kellogg journey.

As you walk through the doors of Jacobs and officially begin CIM this morning, we offer you the following advice: Make an effort to meet the talented people around you. Step outside of your comfort zone. Engage in introspection to build the foundation for your time at Kellogg. Ask questions. Say yes. And enjoy every minute. This is just the beginning.

See you soon,

Your 2016 CIM Exec team                                                                                                                        Ana, Apoorva, Jackie, Khushboo, Marie and Mimi

Take a look back at CIM 2015

Jackie Laine is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year Program and president of 2016 CIM Exec. On campus, she serves on the boards of the Media and Entertainment Club and Kellogg Bridging Cultures Club. She also leads The Good Life Sessions, a values-based workshop for students. Jackie received her B.A. in Radio/TV/Film from Northwestern University, worked in television production prior to Kellogg and interned for BCG this summer.

Filed under: Student Life, Uncategorized Tagged: cim, class of 2018, Complete Immersion in Management, culture, new students, Student Life https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/7967/
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Welcome to CIM, Class of 2018!
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/screenshot-2016-08-28-23-10-24.png?w=535&h=404

Complete Immersion in Management (CIM) is a weeklong orientation program that introduces incoming students to the rigors and culture of Kellogg. A cornerstone of the Kellogg experience, CIM offers challenges and events that test new students’ skill sets while introducing them to their new community. CIM is organized by the CIM Exec team, which is composed of second-year students, plus 40 of their peers who serve as section leaders or volunteers.

Dear Class of 2018,

Welcome to CIM!

Over the past several weeks, you’ve moved to Evanston from across the United States and the world, traveled internationally on Kellogg Worldwide Experiences & Service Trips (KWEST) and started building relationships that will carry you through your time at Kellogg. You’ve already invested so much into your MBA journey, and now here you are – the first day of your orientation week.

Over the past year, our student CIM Exec team has reflected on what we wish we’d known when we first arrived at B-School and how to introduce you to this life-changing adventure.

We set our sights on four goals. During CIM 2016, we aspire to:

• Introduce you to the rigors of Kellogg academics
  • Show you what it means to live the collaborative Kellogg culture
  • Develop your leadership and negotiation skills
  • Connect you with inspiring members of the alumni community
This morning, CIM will kick off with Kellogg’s “One of You” speech, a tradition that celebrates the unique and diverse accomplishments of your peers. (View the impressive Class of 2018 profile here.) Afterwards, you’ll interact with your new classmates and experience Kellogg’s values of collaboration and inclusion through team-based leadership simulations.

During CIM week, you will have the opportunity to dive into Kellogg academics and attend sample classes taught by world-renowned faculty. We’re especially excited for you to attend Professor David Schonthel’s lecture on the power of design thinking, and how you can leverage it to build your business school experience.

And because the alumni network is a core component of the Kellogg student experience, you will also have the opportunity to connect with alumni through intimate fireside chats. Additionally, you will hear from keynote speaker and inspiring Kellogg alum Jai Shekhawat ’96, who founded Chicago’s first unicorn tech company.

These are just a few of the programming activities that we hope will make CIM 2016 a unique and unforgettable jumpstart to your Kellogg journey.

As you walk through the doors of Jacobs and officially begin CIM this morning, we offer you the following advice: Make an effort to meet the talented people around you. Step outside of your comfort zone. Engage in introspection to build the foundation for your time at Kellogg. Ask questions. Say yes. And enjoy every minute. This is just the beginning.

See you soon,

Your 2016 CIM Exec team                                                                                                                        Ana, Apoorva, Jackie, Khushboo, Marie and Mimi

Take a look back at CIM 2015

Jackie Laine is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year Program and president of 2016 CIM Exec. On campus, she serves on the boards of the Media and Entertainment Club and Kellogg Bridging Cultures Club. She also leads The Good Life Sessions, a values-based workshop for students. Jackie received her B.A. in Radio/TV/Film from Northwestern University, worked in television production prior to Kellogg and interned for BCG this summer.

Filed under: Student Life, Uncategorized Tagged: cim, class of 2018, Complete Immersion in Management, culture, new students, Student Life https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/7967/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Can anyone speak to the interview notifications for Off Campus interviews? It says: "you will receive an update regarding the status of your interview request via email within four to six weeks of the application deadline for the round you are applying." Does that mean they will be looking at the selected value on the application even before I hit the submit button? Thanks!
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hmm, I don't see anything in the text below that would lead someone to believe they would be doing anything with people that haven't actually submitted their apps... what's making you think that?

(And in general, my strong guess would be no, they would never set up interviews for someone who hasn't actually submitted or pay attention to anything in the app before submission.)

Hope that helps!

sefienolte wrote:
Can anyone speak to the interview notifications for Off Campus interviews? It says: "you will receive an update regarding the status of your interview request via email within four to six weeks of the application deadline for the round you are applying." Does that mean they will be looking at the selected value on the application even before I hit the submit button? Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts