Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:02 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [2]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [1]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Re: Choose between egmat /crack verbal or other online course [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks everyone for ur feedback.

It was really helpful

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, Let me tell you what i have done before choosing crack verbal.
Went through reviews, success stories & free trial videos shared in egmat club forum & crack verbal & other websites.
Then, spoke to experts/free mentor-ship who are available in both crack verbal and egmat.
Ask all your questions/doubts and understand GMAT course structure and approach suggested by both.
After completing all above, I Choose Crack verbal. I have finally enrolled Crack Verbal online comprehensive course.
Now I realize that i made right choice since crack verbal emphasize on basics and understanding concept as most important factor.
All concept videos on verbal by Arun are really useful in understanding basics.
Tests for beginners, intermediate & advanced level are really useful to understand your focus areas.
Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 283 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.27
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
mohitbhargavagmat wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am starting my Gmat prep, and deciding on which course to start with, need advices.

My background : I am a busy working corporate person, targeting to give couple of hours daily and 4-5 hours weekly for prep. I am ok in maths and crappy in English.

Self prep seems difficult as it does not give me proper planned approach and hence I will loose the interest.

Thinking to choose between crack verbal or egmat, but open To look into any other as well.

Please suggest guys.. On urgent basis.

Thanks

I would say e-gmat. I personally benefited using egmat verbal course. Number of positive reviews for egmat out score those for any other online course. Please sign up for a trial course and make a decision.

Cheers
All the best for your prep!
Study hard and stay positive.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
I have done trial for both and in trial we really don't get to see the entire course, hence it's not feasible just via trial to decide.

So I would wish if someone who has taken crack verbal can give comments, as egmat has already has so many reviews.

But what about quant in these two courses as well?

Current Student
Send PM
Has anyone of you taken such courses?
Which course for which part?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mohitbhargavagmat,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Current Student
Send PM
To answer for ur queries :

1) What is your goal score? 710-720
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT? April-may 2020
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School? Same year 2020

More to add : i am from tech background with 13 + yrs of experience. Already into management layer but want to break into niche firms and also complete my masters and at the same time change country.
So I am not sure if 720 is what I should aim but I guess that is a safe score.

So coming back to prep test I did that earlier and was in range of 580 with q50 and verbal i dont remember.
But as I want to nail down gmat. Let me start from scratch even in quant.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mohitbhargavagmat,

Many GMATers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores - and you appear to have planned far enough ahead to give yourself that time - which is good. You also have plenty of time to work on your applications before the Round 1 application deadlines in the Fall of 2020.

At this point, you might find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement (as well as the type of GMAT Score that you might "need" for the Schools that you plan to apply to).

There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

1) How long ago did you take that practice CAT/mock? Do still have access to it (so that you can review it)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22074 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Mogitbhargavagmat,

As has been suggested for quant, TTP would be perfect for you. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT Club. Also, we offer a full access 5-day trial, so you can check out the course. If you have any questions regarding TTP, feel free to reach out to me directly.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Last month, I was in a similar condition like you so I can fully sympathize with your situation but trust me having taken almost all the online courses trial, free resources , stuff and advice I can confidently say that you should follow an approach like this :
1.Start with MGMAT SC
Finish the book and after 8-10 chapters , start doing problems on gmatclub
2.Start powerscore CR
Repeat as step 1
3.Start MGMAT RC
Repeat as step 1

I understand this wasn't the answer you were expecting but this is an awesome way to learn and be sure you are moving forward.

Current Student
Send PM
And what about verbal? Course

Are there any online courses prescribed for verbal.

ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Mogitbhargavagmat,

As has been suggested for quant, TTP would be perfect for you. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT Club. Also, we offer a full access 5-day trial, so you can check out the course. If you have any questions regarding TTP, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I wrote my GMAT for first time and got less marks. That was through self learning. Soon i realised I was weak in basics of mathematics. Then I got a chance to check crackverbal website. They not only had usual gmat tutorials, But also they taught basics. Since I had few other commitments, I enrolled for the online classes. I was very nervous and worried as to how can I just watch videos and learn? Will my doubts be ever answered? Who will monitor me? But I was wrong. With crackverbal they are always approachable and you can speak to your mentor whenever you have any doubts. Customisation of the study plan is the most interesting factor of Crackverbal. As per your feasibility you can design your calendar and the mentors are available according to your study plan.
Content of the course. They empathise us and have designed the course in such a way that it grooms you in each topic starting from basics. I was mentored and got my answers to all the doubts within one day. I was always welcomed to the class coaching when ever I wanted to. This made my learning easy and convenient. Coaching was excellent and very friendly staff. Over all my experience with CrackVerbal was wonderful. I would recommend it to all GMAT aspirants

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Mohit, as many have suggested, best way would be to do few trials and then decide accordingly.
CrackVerbal Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Choose between egmat /crack verbal or other online course [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The CrackVerbal GMAT online course has been designed to provide you with practical strategies and a systematic plan to prepare effectively for the GMAT along with a busy schedule.

Based on our interaction with thousands of students, we realized that figuring out HOW to prepare for the GMAT is more challenging than WHAT to do to score well. We realized that none of the traditional GMAT courses actually teach you how to study effectively for the GMAT.

To tackle this issue, we have incorporated specific modules in our course to help you prepare better for the GMAT with a full-time job.

The CrackVerbal GMAT course is based on a 3-part framework which includes understanding the concepts, applying the strategies and having the success mindset to crack the GMAT in your first attempt.

Here are some of the Key Features of the CrackVerbal GMAT online course:

1.) Designed exclusively for the busy working professional!

2.) 100+ instructor-led Course videos are short enough to keep your attention yet comprehensive enough to cover the concept.

3.) Access to a personal facilitator who will keep you motivated throughout your GMAT prep while dynamically changing your study plan as per your schedule.

4.) Includes unique modules like How to Study for the GMAT, Inside the Mind of a 760 Scorer, GMAT Quant Basics & GMAT Score Booster Strategies.

5.) Regular Weekend Live sessions to help you solve your doubts and provide you with those extra strategies that you might miss out on just watching the videos.

6.) Access to 50+ topic-based tests, 5 full-length mock tests, and GMAT Club Tests for 6 months (worth $250 value) when you sign up through GMAT Club

7.) Dedicated e-mail, https://gmatclub.com/chat, and phone support from your GMAT facilitator till you take the GMAT.

8) A 7-day no questions asked money-back guarantee

But don't go by what I say, sign up for our GMAT trial course and see if our teaching methodology suits your learning needs.

Click here to get access to your free GMAT online course

Here is what our GMAT 770 scorer had to say about us:

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2225 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
mohitbhargavagmat wrote:
To answer for ur queries :

1) What is your goal score? 710-720
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT? April-may 2020
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School? Same year 2020

More to add : i am from tech background with 13 + yrs of experience. Already into management layer but want to break into niche firms and also complete my masters and at the same time change country.
So I am not sure if 720 is what I should aim but I guess that is a safe score.

So coming back to prep test I did that earlier and was in range of 580 with q50 and verbal i dont remember.
But as I want to nail down gmat. Let me start from scratch even in quant.

Q50 is a good Quant score, but you need improvement in the verbal section.
I would suggest E-Gmat as they have the best verbal course.
And practice Gmatclub mocks to improve Quant score.
GMAT Club Bot