Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 07:12 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 07:12
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74329 [168]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 414
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 2.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 839
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: HBS '26 (D)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
Hi BB thank you for this amazing resource. I plan on purchasing access soon. Question - for the Forum Quiz do the questions come from the 1,643 GMATClub questions? I'm assuming it's the same underlying source and the Forum Quiz is a tool/dashboard where you can create sets? thank you
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74329 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
knowledgeispowerr wrote:
Hi BB thank you for this amazing resource. I plan on purchasing access soon. Question - for the Forum Quiz do the questions come from the 1,643 GMATClub questions? I'm assuming it's the same underlying source and the Forum Quiz is a tool/dashboard where you can create sets? thank you

Hi. The questions in the quiz come from the sub forums with over 50,000 discussed questions. some of the GMAT Club test questions are posted around but the test database of 1600 questions is a different source.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Everyone - we have had a minor update to the Forum Quiz.

We have removed the spoiler with OA (official answer) from the quiz screen so now it is NOT possible to look up the answer while working on the question. You can still get the OA and check your answer after you click one of the answers on the timer.

We were not trying to be evil or limit functionality, instead trying to encourage people to not look up the answers or be tempted to. Curious what everyone thinks - good/bad? welcome your input about this change :angel:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 85
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:

We have removed the spoiler with OA (official answer) from the quiz screen so now it is NOT possible to look up the answer while working on the question. We were not trying to be evil or limit functionality, instead trying to encourage people to not look up the answers or be tempted to. Curious what everyone things - good/bad? welcome your input about this change :angel:

This feature is exactly what I was looking for because I usually tend to start thinking immediately about the question and the answer choice that went wrong instead of attempting the next question, especially during RC. This feature allows taking the test without worrying about the answers. It's perfect for a test-like feel while practicing! Thank you bb
Quant Chat Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5192 [1]
Given Kudos: 1859
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:

We have removed the spoiler with OA (official answer) from the quiz screen so now it is NOT possible to look up the answer while working on the question. We were not trying to be evil or limit functionality, instead trying to encourage people to not look up the answers or be tempted to. Curious what everyone things - good/bad? welcome your input about this change :angel:

I personally think this is a great change. The purpose of forum quiz has always been to take the questions in the quiz format. Removing the ability to see the answer makes the entire experience more uniform and realistic than it was before.

Kudos to the team for making this happen :thumbsup:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74329 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I wonder if some the users we’re not using the timer feature?

As a note, you don’t have to start the timer to see the insert, you can just click on one of the answers and that will display to you the correct and incorrect answer.

PS. I have no opinion or skin in the game here. Everyone is welcome one to argue their point and recommend / suggest a better approach. Happy to restore the spoiler. Just seems we need to clearly communicate our thinking and logic. Let this be an exercise in leadership.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
Send PM
Is the forum quiz the same as the offline quiz on IOS?

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
yalembagrad wrote:
Is the forum quiz the same as the offline quiz on IOS?

Hi. No. The product in iOS app is different. It is an older product and a prototype of the quiz…. It only works on iOS and does not sync with the desktop version or error log.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 222
Send PM
bb, So is this new change going to be permanent or is this temporary?--for testing purposes?
Just checking to make sure. That's all. :)
Thank you.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
0Lucky0 wrote:
bb, So is this new change going to be permanent or is this temporary?--for testing purposes?
Thank you.

Nothing is permanent in this world. However, for the time being we are forcing people to finish the quiz before they can see correct answers to the questions.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 222
Send PM
bb wrote:
0Lucky0 wrote:
Thank you.

Nothing is permanent in this world. However, for the time being we are forcing people to finish the quiz before they can see correct answers to the questions.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: How about giving the answers to the 50 or so questions that the user gets in the forum quiz at the end of the session? Would such a thing be a possibility? Would make it easier to see answers to the questions all at once; so the experience would be much more test-like? What do you think?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
When I start the forum quizz I can't see the full question... the A, B, C, D options from the test are missing. Is this an error? As such I'm unable to take the test!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
MatsS wrote:
When I start the forum quizz I can't see the full question... the A, B, C, D options from the test are missing. Is this an error? As such I'm unable to take the test!

Thanks for the post. I can see it on my Windows in Chrome.
What browser are you using? Mac? Safari?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
MatsS wrote:

I'm using windows- chrome. I've refreshed the page, logged out/ in several times but the problem still persists. The options to take the tests are missing. I'd add the screenshot but unfortunately can't because I'm still new to the forum. Instead of the options it's showing a code like DS54402.01.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
MatsS wrote:
bb wrote:
MatsS wrote:

I'm using windows- chrome. I've refreshed the page, logged out/ in several times but the problem still persists. The options to take the tests are missing. I'd add the screenshot but unfortunately can't because I'm still new to the forum. Instead of the options it's showing a code like DS54402.01.

Thank you so much for sharing the screenshot with me. I will post it here for reference.
The question in the quiz is a Data Sufficiency Question. It does not have answer choices :angel:
Well, it actually does, but every single question has the exactly same ones and so we do not publish them since they would be using up space and you should not read them anyway and you should know them by heart but of course there is always the first and second time when you don't know them by heart...

Anyway, sorry about that. Data sufficiency questions all have the exact same answer choices. Here they are for reference:

Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Attachments

quiz-options.png
quiz-options.png [ 80.45 KiB | Viewed 972 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi, where can we access our saved quiz settings for future use? Sorry if this has been answered already!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Hi bb !

This is an amazing feature. Thank you for all the work that was put in to create it.

I do have one suggestion to improve the verbal experience. Would it be possible to add a feature of only receiving 3-4 questions per RC passage?
From what I understand the exam usually has about 12 SC 12 CR and 4 RC passages with 3 questions or 3 RC passages with 4 questions each.

I usually start the quiz with 65 minutes but spend a lot of time on RC cause some passages have around 6 or more questions.

Any help with this would be great. Thank you in advance.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
dmcquiter wrote:
Hi, where can we access our saved quiz settings for future use? Sorry if this has been answered already!

Hi. Sorry I just saw your question, the quiz settings are saved on the page dashboard so basically the main quiz dashboard page. I believe they are local so if you’re using multiple computers, they may not transfer unless you have sync turned on on your browser if you know what I mean 😬

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  25