Last visit was: 28 May 2024, 14:08 It is currently 28 May 2024, 14:08
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73401 [160]
Given Kudos: 19022
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 312
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73401 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
bb

After I answer a question, it shows "Your answer has been saved in your Error Log!". However I would like to see the OA immediately. Is that possible?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Hi, I am unable to cancel the forum quiz subscription. The link for cancellation only reflects my active subscription. Please suggest a way to cancel the subscription.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Which option to use if I want to do a quiz of official material excluding any possible questions on the mba.com official practice tests? I want to avoid doing those while practicing so my tests can be authentic. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you for this! I was wondering if it is possible to add LSAT questions for the forum quiz?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Jkl1233 wrote:
bb

After I answer a question, it shows "Your answer has been saved in your Error Log!". However I would like to see the OA immediately. Is that possible?

Hi. That is not a behavior we considered. And I would say it is pattern you don’t want to use. This is NOT how your real or even practice tests will work so I would recommend not finding out your answer after each question.

However, If this is what you want you don’t need to use the quiz and just can use filters and approach them one question at a time.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAspirant05 wrote:
Thank you for this! I was wondering if it is possible to add LSAT questions for the forum quiz?

Any available source tag you can find in the forum is available in the quiz as well. So if there are any lsat questions they will show up. Quiz is just a diff way of browsing the forum.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
MBAspirant05 wrote:

Any available source tag you can find in the forum is available in the quiz as well. So if there are any lsat questions they will show up. Quiz is just a diff way of browsing the forum.

Okay got it! Just wanted to confirm that the GMAT OF excluding GMAT prep are questions that EXCLUDE the mba.com practice test questions right? I want to avoid them and keep the tests separate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
GMAT 1: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q50 V33 (Online)
GRE 1: Q164 V155
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
bb
Need some help here 🙏
Trying to use some questions in quiz mode, but it gives following error
Quote:
An error has occurred. This filter has already been taken in the Quiz. Please filter again.

I have tried clearing cache, re-login :(
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 627421 [0]
Given Kudos: 81978
Send PM
Expert Reply
aish7 wrote:
bb
Need some help here 🙏
Trying to use some questions in quiz mode, but it gives following error
Quote:
An error has occurred. This filter has already been taken in the Quiz. Please filter again.

Thank you for reporting. We are looking into this. Will update you as soon as we have something.

Do you have any other problems when taking the quiz? Does it happen only in RC and only with the chosen filters?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
I am trying to start a RC quiz. but i am getting the following error.
Attachments

error message.jpg
error message.jpg [ 192.75 KiB | Viewed 1012 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:

Thanks for reporting.

that means there are no questions that meet your conditions…. Can you post the screenshot with your filtering parameters?

What if you remove the difficulty parameter? Does that help? If not, can you do a full reset (hit reset button) and try the settings again?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:

Thanks for reporting.

that means there are no questions that meet your conditions…. Can you post the screenshot with your filtering parameters?

What if you remove the difficulty parameter? Does that help? If not, can you do a full reset (hit reset button) and try the settings again?

Thanks for the reply. Sure i will attach a screenshot. But this is the first time i got this error. I have using the forum quiz for past week or so. And the filter/ question setting has been the same for RC.
Attachments

Filter.jpg
Filter.jpg [ 138.65 KiB | Viewed 978 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:
bb wrote:
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:

Thanks for reporting.

Thanks for the reply. Sure i will attach a screenshot. But this is the first time i got this error. I have using the forum quiz for past week or so. And the filter/ question setting has been the same for RC.

Thank you and sorry about the issue. We will look into it.

PS. You may want to use the old system meanwhile (hopefully that does not result into an error)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I tried switching to the old system unfortunately the same error is coming. Though i tried removing the difficulty parameter and the quiz did start but instead of 2 passage there was only 1. And upon ending the test and tried starting new one, but the same error message popped up again.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:
I tried switching to the old system unfortunately the same error is coming. Though i tried removing the difficulty parameter and the quiz did start but instead of 2 passage there was only 1. And upon ending the test and tried starting new one, but the same error message popped up again.

Looking at the screenshot I see that You marked that you want to questions that are mistakes only that are bookmarked,etc? It looks like you did not want to take fresh questions, is that correct?

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:

I think the problem is that you set mistakes only and correct only. Those are mutually exclusive. You cannot have that setting. Please reset the parameters. Clear them all and make sure you set the setting you really want.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
Please, I would like to be able to choose RC passages with only 4 questions in the Forum Quiz V2.0 preferences ?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
wadner1 wrote:
Please, I would like to be able to choose RC passages with only 4 questions in the Forum Quiz V2.0 preferences ?

Hi wadner1 and anyone else trying to figure out how to make sense of the RC in Forum Quiz. Here are some thoughts and tips:

1. Many of the RC topics come with 6 or more questions. You can find this even in the Official guide, pretty much ALL OG RC's have more than 4 questions.
2. Our system can serve you a topic in RC, rather than questions so you are kind of stuck with whatever gets served
3. You have a few options:
A. You can pick the 4 questions you want to take in the RC and leave the rest unanswered. These will NOT be saved in your error log as mistakes. As a matter of fact any question you skip on the forum quiz, it will NOT be saved to the error log
B. You can manually preview which topics have fewer than 4 RC's and manually added them into the Quiz by using a filter/checkbox. Unfortunately I think most of the OG passages i ran into have more than 4 quesitons (this I guess talks about the adaptive nature of the RC on the question level, but that's only a guess)
C. You can take all questions but give yourself more time. E.g. take 1 passage and instead of 8 mins, give yourself 12 or take it in untimed mode so you don't get interrupted.
D. You can take unofficial RCs - most of those are actually perfectly built with 4 questions. You can use MGMAT, Kaplan, Veritas - all of these are pretty good quality (though not official)

Hope this helps with Reading Comprehension in the Forum Quiz.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20  ...  22