Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 597 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Reason Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GMAT 2: 790 Q50 V51 (Online)
GRE 1: Q170 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V169
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Promising that scores seem to arrive in less than 7 days! When people who did the test on thursday receive their scores let us know - I did mine on Friday and hoping to also get my results this week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Health Care)
Send PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to handle work/rate problems and overlapping sets-related problems with the online whiteboard? I have been experimenting with those today, and they have been really hard to perform on, given I was so used to drawing out tables... the overlapping sets in particular is a bit annoying, because I used to use a table to build out matrices for certain probability type situations as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
gmateurope2020 wrote:
Promising that scores seem to arrive in less than 7 days! When people who did the test on thursday receive their scores let us know - I did mine on Friday and hoping to also get my results this week!

Just received my results. Quant on par with all my practise exams (Q48) but quite a drop in verbal (V38 compared to most mocks being around 44-46). Overall score 700 which was below my target so will try to retake in person once the test centers opens up
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
gmateurope2020 wrote:
gmateurope2020 wrote:

Just received my results. Quant on par with all my practise exams (Q48) but quite a drop in verbal (V38 compared to most mocks being around 44-46). Overall score 700 which was below my target so will try to retake in person once the test centers opens up

Interesting - so quant can be somewhat salvaged by whiteboard practice, but no break in between and straight through using the old curve = brain running out of concentration by end of 2 hour marathon when your score is determined, so that's likely the most penalizing part about this new format.

This is probably what most of us normal people will experience if we take the Online vs In Person: a huge drop on Verbal resulting in a 30 to 50 point drop in score.

So far, more than half of people reporting are getting a worse score than before by a statistically significant margin.

I get all the cheerleading here for "business school industrial complex" and encourage people to apply, but it's disingenuous to tell potential candidates that "Online GMAT is no big deal" when you know schools are fighting for that 3 point move in GMAT average score, because it's the second highest weighting by US News rankings.

Seems like the most logical solution would be for GMAC give an 8 minute break in between.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
got it thanks.

from your previous responses regarding the whiteboard, it does not seem like we will be able to split the screen so half shows the exam and the other half shows the whiteboard. Given that the whiteboard is on top of the full-screen test page, did the whiteboard disappear every time you submitted an answer and advanced to the next question? Asking because for normal computer usage, if a smaller window is on top of a full-screen window, clicking anything on the smaller window effectively sends the smaller window "to the back." thanks!

VeritasPrepHailey wrote:
justice8511 wrote:
Is it possible to "set up" the whiteboard (resizing to both exam and whiteboard windows to fit screen size) prior to the exam beginning? Thanks

VeritasPrepHailey wrote:
ajh258 wrote:
For those of you who took it, where is the whiteboard in relationship to the question space? Is it on top of the question like a translucent layer? Is it on the right side of the screen and you can see the full question on the left side, or did you have to "tab" back and forth between the whiteboard and the question space?

The whiteboard is a resize-able window that appears on top of your full-screen test page. You can adjust it to cover whatever portion of the screen you'd like (I opted for the bottom right 1/4 of the screen, just above the button to advance to the next question) but it is not translucent.

Hope this helps!

Yep! From what my proctor told me, you can resize the board and get things situated before beginning the first section, but you cannot write on the board before the start of the section.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry about the verbal score tanking. I can see missing a break impacting some of that but I don’t think you can fully attribute the difference to the break based on other peoples experience. It does not mean that it is you but the differences in questions and different topics are tested so I will definitely look into any area you know was weak or timing in case you ran out of time.

PS. 700 is still a formidable score!

gmateurope2020 wrote:
gmateurope2020 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Send PM
I did my Gmat Online for the first time last Saturday and recieved the scores today,
690 Q49 V35 IR7
I expected to be in the 690-720 range as my last test scores so I am not surprised,
I dont think that the online whiteboard really did affect my performance on Quant as I usually score Q49-Q50 and managed to finish the Quant 10 min before.

Don't feel discourgaed by the Whiteboard and give it a try!
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 597 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
justice8511 wrote:
got it thanks.

from your previous responses regarding the whiteboard, it does not seem like we will be able to split the screen so half shows the exam and the other half shows the whiteboard. Given that the whiteboard is on top of the full-screen test page, did the whiteboard disappear every time you submitted an answer and advanced to the next question? Asking because for normal computer usage, if a smaller window is on top of a full-screen window, clicking anything on the smaller window effectively sends the smaller window "to the back." thanks!

VeritasPrepHailey wrote:
justice8511 wrote:
Is it possible to "set up" the whiteboard (resizing to both exam and whiteboard windows to fit screen size) prior to the exam beginning? Thanks

VeritasPrepHailey wrote:
ajh258 wrote:
For those of you who took it, where is the whiteboard in relationship to the question space? Is it on top of the question like a translucent layer? Is it on the right side of the screen and you can see the full question on the left side, or did you have to "tab" back and forth between the whiteboard and the question space?

The whiteboard is a resize-able window that appears on top of your full-screen test page. You can adjust it to cover whatever portion of the screen you'd like (I opted for the bottom right 1/4 of the screen, just above the button to advance to the next question) but it is not translucent.

Hope this helps!

Yep! From what my proctor told me, you can resize the board and get things situated before beginning the first section, but you cannot write on the board before the start of the section.

Nope, the whiteboard remains overlaid on top of the screen to whatever size and position you've selected unless you specifically select the button on the upper bar to minimize it. So, you can resize it to cover whatever portion of the test screen you'd like, and it will remain on top with the same settings, even if you make selections to the answer or select "next" on the test page.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Hello! I was just wondering if the official guide online question bank does have an online whiteboard to practice the questions... Does anyone know?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Shadi123 wrote:
I did my Gmat Online for the first time last Saturday and recieved the scores today,
690 Q49 V35 IR7
I expected to be in the 690-720 range as my last test scores so I am not surprised,
I dont think that the online whiteboard really did affect my performance on Quant as I usually score Q49-Q50 and managed to finish the Quant 10 min before.

I did mine on Friday and I haven't received any email...

Does anyone know why this could be?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
To those that have already taken the online exam,

Right now, I'm trying to combat the no-rest transition from Quant to Verbal, and realizing I benefited from that typical break. I was wondering if I could do the following to 'act' as that break:

1. Suppose I finish quant with time to spare; could I sit there with my eyes closed and hit submission at the last moment, or better yet could I get up and walk around. I'll even take the computer with me so they see where I'm walking and what I'm doing. Any of this possible?

2. Again, trying to rest before Verbal, I know they present that Verbal Instructions page before I truly begin the Verbal side. Could I sit there in autopilot and tell the proctor I'm "reading" the instructions, stalling for some time.

I would appreciate it, and chime in if you have any other ways to give me some rest before Verbal begins.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
Send PM
Expert Reply
vreddy1 wrote:
To those that have already taken the online exam,

Right now, I'm trying to combat the no-rest transition from Quant to Verbal, and realizing I benefited from that typical break. I was wondering if I could do the following to 'act' as that break:

1. Suppose I finish quant with time to spare; could I sit there with my eyes closed and hit submission at the last moment, or better yet could I get up and walk around. I'll even take the computer with me so they see where I'm walking and what I'm doing. Any of this possible?

2. Again, trying to rest before Verbal, I know they present that Verbal Instructions page before I truly begin the Verbal side. Could I sit there in autopilot and tell the proctor I'm "reading" the instructions, stalling for some time.

I would appreciate it, and chime in if you have any other ways to give me some rest before Verbal begins.
Hi vreddy1,

This is just my opinion, but I don't think they'd appreciate seeing you walking around, even if you carry your computer. :)

1. Sitting there with your eyes closed should not be a problem. Just try not to look away from your screen, and remember to confirm your answer before time runs out!

2. That screen is most likely timed. I would not get into any unnecessary discussion with the proctor if I were you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
AjiteshArun

thanks. ok maybe not walk around, but what about just standing up. Just anything to get out of that stationary position and signal that I change is about to occur.

So If memory is correct, there was no timer on the instructions page on the official exam at the testing center. Regardless, I plan to buy time here, and I'll try not to communicate with the proctor
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
Send PM
Expert Reply
vreddy1: Just to be clear, I agree with you.

1. I'm not too sure about how good Pearson's execution is, so I wouldn't take any unnecessary risks. But that's just me. Let's see what others have to say.
2. The actual GMAT does in fact have timed instruction screens. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Lol Engineer?
Shadi123 wrote:
690 Q49 V35 IR7

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Poets and Quants Article Just Out:

Pro Test-Taker Scored 30 Points Lower On The At-Home GMAT

Even after practicing for up to seven hours with a controversial online whiteboard tool for the new at-home GMAT, professional test-taker Stacey Koprince scored 30 points below her last GMAT exam in a testing center.

“I scored a 740,” she reports. “I normally score 760 to 780. My most recent exam in a testing center was 770."

She has been teaching the GMAT, GRE, and LSAT exams for more than 15 years, having already taken the GMAT five different times, always scoring in the 99th percentile, since 2012 when the last major test change occurred. Koprince achieved a top score of 780 on the GMAT, a perfect score of 800Q and 800V on the GRE, and a 172 on the LSAT that comfortably put her in the top 1% of all test-takers in the world.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
WooHoo Souvik!!! Your 740 looks very expressive for “enthusiast” :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Andrea - huge props on your 750!!!

Please use this link for the latest list of all GMAT ONLINE Debriefs

ga321 wrote:
Poets and Quants Article Just Out:

Pro Test-Taker Scored 30 Points Lower On The At-Home GMAT

Even after practicing for up to seven hours with a controversial online whiteboard tool for the new at-home GMAT, professional test-taker Stacey Koprince scored 30 points below her last GMAT exam in a testing center.

“I scored a 740,” she reports. “I normally score 760 to 780. My most recent exam in a testing center was 770."

She has been teaching the GMAT, GRE, and LSAT exams for more than 15 years, having already taken the GMAT five different times, always scoring in the 99th percentile, since 2012 when the last major test change occurred. Koprince achieved a top score of 780 on the GMAT, a perfect score of 800Q and 800V on the GRE, and a 172 on the LSAT that comfortably put her in the top 1% of all test-takers in the world.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49  ...  183