Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 17:28 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 17:28
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Is it Possible to Apply with an experience of 4 years for executive MBA??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
The eligibility criteria is mentioned on the college websites. IIM A requires minimum 4 yrs of experience while IIM B and C require 5 yrs.

Regards,
Tridisha

Jimpaul wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Tridisha1 wrote:
The eligibility criteria is mentioned on the college websites. IIM A requires minimum 4 yrs of experience while IIM B and C require 5 yrs.

Regards,
Tridisha

Jimpaul wrote:

okay.
Thankyou
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
We have an interesting webinar today ( 7th August 2020) to discuss Indian Schools. We have an Alum from IIM A Pgpx and CrackVerbal Mentor who will be discussing profiles and do's and don't while applying to
Indian Schools.

Please do attend the session today at 7:30pm : https://bit.ly/30wJtKx

We will be discussing :

Application processes for IIM-A, B, C and ISB
IIM-A PGPX overall experience
B-schools you should target based on your post-MBA career goals
What you should expect from one-year MBA programs from India

Looking forward to interacting with you all.

regards,
Shree
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Appreciate if an evaluation can be done for my profile

Work Experience : 11 years 10 months (No International Exposure)
Current role : Senior Advisor - Product Management at an IT MNC

Have been into roles of Quality Assurance (Software Testing), Project Lead, Exec Asst to VP Marketing and Comms, Product Management
Don't have significant extracurricular activities or awards

Scheduled for GMAT this month ( mock test range 690-730)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Rohan,

Your profile looks decent from the face of it. With a GMAT score close to 700s, you should target IIMA's 1-year program as it is positioned well to professionals with 10+ years of experience.

A couple of data points would help the evaluation further:
1. Your grad school
2. Your scores (all through)
3. What have been your achievements in all these years?

Take time to reflect on your goals, and pre-prepare to make sure you have enough time left for your application post GMAT.
Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Team - TopTier

rohan994 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Have been into roles of Quality Assurance (Software Testing), Project Lead, Exec Asst to VP Marketing and Comms, Product Management

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Rohan,

With the limited information given here, your profile looks suitable for the leading Indian B-schools. A good GMAT score will be necessary though; aim for 700 and anything 20 points above or below it.

However, a strong application and clear, impressive SOP/essays will be necessary, especially since you have moved around multiple roles. Additionally, clarity of thought on your future goals will play a key role in selection.

Regards,
Tridisha

rohan994 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2243 [0]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
sagarag wrote:

!
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for IIM applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Hello every one...

Request your help in profile assessment.

Current position: Executive- Sales and Marketing with over 2 years experience (Specialty Chemicals, Oil & Gas)

Overall Experience: Over 7 years (including over 2 years International Experience), 2.5 Years as Panel Engineer, RIL and 2.5 years, Tech services (Consultancy, Oil and Gas)

UG degree: BE Chemical (R.V. College of Engineering)
UG (%): 81%

GMAT: 590 (5/17/2015)

I am looking for some honest assessment. I am looking to get into EPGP at IIM B or similar.

Thanks in advance
Sagar

Your profile is very competitive for the programme. However, IIM-B average GMAT is at around 700. So, you should work on your score. at least 680 would be the good score to get interview call. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile:

Class X: 80.6%
Class XII: 80.3%
Undergrad Information: B.Tech ( Information Technology) 69%

GMAT:Yet to take, last mock test score - 590
Work experience : 5 years (Currently working into IT company for the last 4 years. Have had diverse roles throughout the tenure. Started with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and then delved into Marketing and finally Sales. Currently on a Techno-commercial role handling sales for the International Market for the B2B business and working with clients across the world as a Advisor. Apart from client interaction, also take care of OEM interactions with Microsoft, AWS etc.

Awards- Have won Best Performer Award 2016, Sales and Operational Excellence Award 2019, Best Performer of the Year 2019.

Post MBA goals: Want to get into the Managerial position with Finance as the specialization.

I am looking to pursue Executive MBA with IIM Ahmedabad or Bangalore. Please evaluate my profile and share your thoughts.

Regards
Swati Mishra
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Swati,

Your profile is competitive, but you would need a much higher GMAT score. Aim for 700 (+-20) to meet the class average. Do you have any extra-curriculars to stand out? Also, focus on building a strong application and use your essays well to differentiate your profile.

Regards,
Tridisha

10swatimishra wrote:
Hi,

Work experience : 5 years (Currently working into IT company for the last 4 years. Have had diverse roles throughout the tenure. Started with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and then delved into Marketing and finally Sales. Currently on a Techno-commercial role handling sales for the International Market for the B2B business and working with clients across the world as a Advisor. Apart from client interaction, also take care of OEM interactions with Microsoft, AWS etc.

Awards- Have won Best Performer Award 2016, Sales and Operational Excellence Award 2019, Best Performer of the Year 2019.

Post MBA goals: Want to get into the Managerial position with Finance as the specialization.

I am looking to pursue Executive MBA with IIM Ahmedabad or Bangalore. Please evaluate my profile and share your thoughts.

Regards
Swati Mishra
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thank you.

I am aiming at a 700+ score and planning to appear for the GMAT in the next month. Do you think this time is enough for me to bridge the gap ebtween the current and targeted score alongside a job.

Also, i have not had any major participation in extra curricular. Does this weaken my profile?

Regards
Swati Mishra
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IIMA PGPX'22
Send PM
Hi everyone

Total experience 10.5 years

Have worked with a leading psu bank in their mid corporate banking team evaluating bank credit extended to clients.

Left the bank to become the regional credit head of an NBFC as part of their nascent real estate team. Post that have being working as Sr Vice President in a private sector bank in corporate banking.

The last two stints have being leadership roles

Plan to take the GMAT. Looking at targeting IIM A would request a review of the above.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ashokpanicker on 15 Aug 2020, 19:25.
Last edited by ashokpanicker on 17 Aug 2020, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thank you.

I am aiming at a 700+ score and planning to appear for the GMAT in the next month. Do you think this time is enough for me to bridge the gap ebtween the current and targeted score alongside a job.

Also, i have not had any major participation in extra curricular. Does this weaken my profile?

Regards
Swati Mishra

Tridisha1 wrote:
Hi Swati,

Your profile is competitive, but you would need a much higher GMAT score. Aim for 700 (+-20) to meet the class average. Do you have any extra-curriculars to stand out? Also, focus on building a strong application and use your essays well to differentiate your profile.

Regards,
Tridisha

10swatimishra wrote:
Hi,

Regards
Swati Mishra
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
10swatimishra wrote:
Thank you.

Regards
Swati Mishra

Hi Swati!

I have made a video on how to crack GMAT in 2 months of prep. Guess you might find this useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyodWcR9z-U

Also, there is another video to answer your question on extra-curriculars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgsNDYbJtbc&t=57s

If you want to have your quick doubts cleared, join our whats-app group mentioned in the video description.

Good luck with your applications!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1606 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
whitemiror wrote:
Hi Experts,

I would like to request you to review my profile.

Background – Indian IT Male

Graduation – B-tech, NIT Bhopal (2016). CGPA – 7.16.
XII – 89.2 %
X- 9.8 CGPA.

GMAT - 700 (Q49, V35)
Planning a Retake by August End – Target 730 – 740.

Work Ex – Samsung Research & Development Institute, Noida.
July 2016 – Present, 4 years and 2 months.

Role – Project leader for new launch smartphones, Successfully completed more than Five new launch Projects.
Also involved in providing Android upgrades for Samsung Flagship models.

Awards -
I was part of the team involved in the launch of first Samsung smartphone on Android Go Platform. Due to Price constraints this was a very crucial project targeted for Indian markets.
Received the Best Squad Award for completion of First Project for Android GO Platform.

Collaboration -
Regular Collaboration with Vendors such as Qualcomm, Google for Android updates and Bring - up of new Qualcomm Chipsets.
Have international experience through Collaboration for projects involving various Samsung R&D centres such SVMC R&D centre and Suwon R&D centres.

Best Yearly rating for the year 2018-19 and promotion to lead engineer in 2020.

Extra curriculars –
Revived Samsung Photography club, which was only a club for namesake 3 years back and now coordinate for conducting photo-walks, competitions and workshops.

Co- founded PETA club in NIT Bhopal ,organized its events and helped setup PETA club in other regional colleges in Bhopal.

Regularly involved in sports athletics and adventure activities – I have bungy jumped twice in past few years, sky dived, trekked in the Himalayas.
Lead the table tennis team in Inter NIT competitions in college.
Performed stunts on Wooden poles, Iron ladders & roller skates in school.

I have Played Table Tennis at state level at a young age of 15.

Post MBA goals – Short term Goal – Move into Product management.
Long term – Reach a leadership position and lead a diverse group of Product Managers

Thanks in advance.

Hi whitemiror

Great to see another person from Samsung R&D. Have worked with several people from there.

- Your academics are decent, and if you are able to hit your target GMAT score of 720+, you should be in good shape on the academic parameters. Please note that your current GMAT of 700 is not insufficient either, but yes a higher score does help.
- You are not the typical IT applicant. Your work in embedded software, your understanding of resource-constrained platforms (Android Go), and your work with Qualcomm and Google do give you an edge. Make sure you build on this edge.
- ECA seems decent. Curious to know more about the stunts - they seem very interesting (not too relevant from the app perspective though).
- Your goals are in line with your work and the EPGP, but you will need to go deeper with them. IIMB attracts hundreds of aspirants each year from technology backgrounds who want to be product managers.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to contact us directly for a chat.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
arvindjasrotia wrote:
Hi Admin

Can you please look at my profile for one year MBA in IIM’s

10th : 80
12th : 76
Engineering Grad: B technology 66 percent ,NIT Srinagar.

I have given once GMAT in 2010 with score of 560 but after that I started working abroad with good package and have a total work experience of 14 years with some gaps in job for 5 months each. once I resigned and another time I got lay-off because of the Oil slump in 2013

I have 5 years of international exposure in 11 different countries , 3 different continents. I work in Upstream Oil and Gas from last 12 years out of which 8 are in field . I work on Oil and Gas Rigs to determine where is the oil in the rock formation . I have worked in Training and development and commissioning for a oil field company for 2 years on client sites in Syria, Saudi and Yemen and 4 years of product management in an Indian MNC as product owner /Principal consultant ..

Preparing for GMAT , will give in September ..

Kindly review my profile for one year MBA targeting IIM’s

Hi arvindjasrotia

First, kudos on your hard work and growth. Some very impressive achievements there.

Here is what we suggest on your MBA applications:
- Before you begin, evaluate what growth you can get through the MBA at this point. You are already a principal consultant, and should have very clear reasons (both for yourself and your application) on why you feel you need an MBA now.
- With 14+ years of experience, you are on the (much) higher side of the work experience spectrum, and should reconsider applying to IIMB at all (see the class profile here: https://www.iimb.ac.in/node/217/).
- A GMAT score of 560 is on the lower side, and you should focus on enhancing that 100+ points. There are also options of part-time programs (ISB PGPMAX, for instance) that do not require the GMAT and will enable you to continue to work even as you get your MBA. On the IIM side, apart from IIM A/C, do look at IIML and IIMI as well, if they fit your aspirations.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
vikgupta07 wrote:
Hello Everyone.

Requesting for a honest profile evaluation

Age- 29
Education -
1. B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering - 71%
2. Xth- 88%
3. XIIth- 82%

Work Ex- 7 Years 6 Months as on date

Current Job- Manager (Data Analytics and Strategies) at a Premier Indian E.com
Past Jobs-
1. Manager - Strategies&Insights (Amex)
2. Associate Consultant (Business Technology)- ZS
3. Systems Engineer- TCS

GMAT- 690 (v 36, q 48)

Business Speciality/SME- Pharma/Heath-care Banking/Insurance, Travel, Retail

Thanks in advance
Vikram

Hi vikgupta07

Interesting profile there. The analytics work is quite interesting. The only two things to focus on are the GMAT (raise a big if you can, you are capable of a Q50 for sure), and clear reasoning in terms of goals and the need for an MBA, especially given 4 jobs in 7.5 years.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to reach out directly for a chat (pl reference this discussion in your email if you do).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22  ...  43