GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 16:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2018
Posts: 9
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 01:42
1
Does anyone have any idea about skype interviews?
ISB, NUS, NTU Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 312
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 07:05
1
Talayva & procman

Since the last year, ISB has dropped the "One Word Essay" as a part of the interview process.
_________________

~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 128
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 07:30
1
GmatDaddy wrote:
Talayva & procman

Since the last year, ISB has dropped the "One Word Essay" as a part of the interview process.


Oh, didn't know that.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 128
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 07:42
3
For anyone who it may help, here goes my interview in brief.

It was pretty chilled out. 3 male alums were in the panel. It was quite different than I expected. No tell us about yourself or why ISB or long term goal or anything. Neither did they ask much from my essays. They got straight to my startup experience and asked a few questions pertaining to that. Gave a case study to launch my startup idea for amazon and what I would do differently. To be honest, they were not satisfied with my answer. May be they were bluffing it, don't know. Then questions related to product management since I had mentioned I wanted to switch to product management. This topic went on for a while. Back to startup questions again. Why MBA? Some questions related to which app I like the most and what changes I would suggest to increase users. My experience with algorithms. Some trick question at the end.

All in all it was a good experience. Interviewers were pretty calm and gave ample opportunity and time to answer questions. I made them laugh(not smile) a few times so that felt great. :P

Hoping for some positive news on 15th of november now.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Feb 2012
Posts: 163
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 07:48
1
procman wrote:
For anyone who it may help, here goes my interview in brief.

It was pretty chilled out. 3 male alums were in the panel. It was quite different than I expected. No tell us about yourself or why ISB or long term goal or anything. Neither did they ask much from my essays. They got straight to my startup experience and asked a few questions pertaining to that. Gave a case study to launch my startup idea for amazon and what I would do differently. To be honest, they were not satisfied with my answer. May be they were bluffing it, don't know. Then questions related to product management since I had mentioned I wanted to switch to product management. This topic went on for a while. Back to startup questions again. Why MBA? Some questions related to which app I like the most and what changes I would suggest to increase users. My experience with algorithms. Some trick question at the end.

All in all it was a good experience. Interviewers were pretty calm and gave ample opportunity and time to answer questions. I made them laugh(not smile) a few times so that felt great. :P

Hoping for some positive news on 15th of november now.


All the best. Where was your interview?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 128
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 07:49
1
HBSdetermined wrote:
procman wrote:
For anyone who it may help, here goes my interview in brief.

It was pretty chilled out. 3 male alums were in the panel. It was quite different than I expected. No tell us about yourself or why ISB or long term goal or anything. Neither did they ask much from my essays. They got straight to my startup experience and asked a few questions pertaining to that. Gave a case study to launch my startup idea for amazon and what I would do differently. To be honest, they were not satisfied with my answer. May be they were bluffing it, don't know. Then questions related to product management since I had mentioned I wanted to switch to product management. This topic went on for a while. Back to startup questions again. Why MBA? Some questions related to which app I like the most and what changes I would suggest to increase users. My experience with algorithms. Some trick question at the end.

All in all it was a good experience. Interviewers were pretty calm and gave ample opportunity and time to answer questions. I made them laugh(not smile) a few times so that felt great. :P

Hoping for some positive news on 15th of november now.


All the best. Where was your interview?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Delhi.
ISB, NUS, NTU Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 312
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 07:57
1
All the Best for the results procman

procman wrote:
Some trick question at the end.

Can you please share more on the part, what type of trick questions ?
_________________

~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 128
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 08:00
1
GmatDaddy wrote:
All the Best for the results procman

procman wrote:
Some trick question at the end.

Can you please share more on the part, what type of trick questions ?


Something like which manager I would work with - one who has ego but is a rockstar and other who is nice, helping, supportive but learning and work is a little slow
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 17 Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 08:30
1
I was the last guy to finish the interview today in Delhi. Overall there was a much relaxed feel to the interviews and people were heard saying that it was more of a casual conversation. My panel ( 9 ) stuck to my essays and they wanted me to elaborate on them. There were no standard questions of Intro, why MBA or why ISB, although I did try to get across this point in a different question. Waiting for Nov 15 now...
ISB, NUS, NTU Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 312
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 08:50
1
yvvinay20: People generally remember the first and the last person they meet, so I think being the last guy should work in you favor. All the best for the results !!

siddreal: Waiting for your response, how was your interview ?
_________________

~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 152
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 09:06
1
My interview went well, it took around 15-20 minutes to complete.
Awaiting results, fingers crossed.

Posted from my mobile device
ISB, NUS, NTU Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 312
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 09:13
Hey everyone,

It would be awesome if you could share your experiences from interviews, and better if you could write Interview Debriefs. It will be helpful for future applicants for their preparation.
_________________

~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1226
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 09:29
1
siddreal wrote:
My interview went well, it took around 15-20 minutes to complete.
Awaiting results, fingers crossed.

Posted from my mobile device


Woah! They drilled me for around 40 minutes.
_________________

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!
Preparing for RC my way
RC Summary Activity - New Project to imporve RC Skills
Bloomberg's US Bschool Ranking

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant | 2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation | 3. LSAT RC compilation | 4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal | 5. QOTD RC (Carcass) | 6. Challange OG RC | 7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

ISB, NUS, NTU Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 11 Aug 2016
Posts: 312
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 09:38
gmatexam439 wrote:
siddreal wrote:
My interview went well, it took around 15-20 minutes to complete.
Awaiting results, fingers crossed.

Posted from my mobile device


Woah! They drilled me for around 40 minutes.


I think, it depends on the profile of the applicants and the background of the alum panel...one of the applicants I know was grilled for an hour.
_________________

~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1226
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 09:49
1
1
GmatDaddy wrote:

I think, it depends on the profile of the applicants and the background of the alum panel...one of the applicants I know was grilled for an hour.


There will always be at least one alum from your industry! But, yae agreed, profile matters.
_________________

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!
Preparing for RC my way
RC Summary Activity - New Project to imporve RC Skills
Bloomberg's US Bschool Ranking

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant | 2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation | 3. LSAT RC compilation | 4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal | 5. QOTD RC (Carcass) | 6. Challange OG RC | 7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 51
Location: India
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 2: 570 Q32 V37
GMAT 3: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q156 V158
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Retail Banking)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 22:25
So anybody in Bangalore got an interview call yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Oct 2018
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 04:59
Did anybody get rejection mail?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 152
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 05:00
Soha1987 wrote:
Did anybody get rejection mail?

So soon?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Feb 2012
Posts: 163
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 05:34
I m not sure if I should be hopeful for an interview call! any idea if Hyd guys can get more invites ?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2018
Posts: 32
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.99
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 05:39
1
Well, it doesn't hurt to wait till the last leg of interview rounds. ?
HBSdetermined wrote:
I m not sure if I should be hopeful for an interview call! any idea if Hyd guys can get more invites.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants &nbs [#permalink] 14 Oct 2018, 05:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  39    Next  [ 775 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.