[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation : ISB - Page 186
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 19:49 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 19:49
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools: ISB
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 138
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi, kindly review my profile for ISB MBA program.
Also, it would be helpful if you can evaluate whether my post MBA goals are in-line with my current experience.

Background: Indian, Female, 28
Education: B.Tech in Electronics & Communications
Bachelors: 72%
12th: 80%
10th: 85%

GMAT 1- 700
Planning to retake before applying to R1. I had applied last year in R2, was shortlisted for interview but was not selected.

Organization - Leading IT firm
Experience: 7 Years

Job description:
Currently working in a techno-functional role. I am responsible for end to end development of some key modules for client's CRM application. My work involves coordinating with clients to understand the functional and technical requirements. Planning and finalizing the solution. I lead a team of 2 to 3 people. Though I don't have international exposure I have only worked with international clients. I have worked in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams. Along with this, I have trained multiple resources in the technology of my expertise.

Achievements:
1. Won award for contribution to project.
2. Received award for Human Resource activities at the Unit level.
4. Won couple of competitions at college level.
3. Elected as School House Captain and Prefect for four consecutive years.

Extracurricular:
1. Been a part of an NGO, have organized cleanliness drives and female child education drives in city slums.
2. Chief coordinator for corporate Townhalls and team building activities.
3. Selected as the primary coordinator and POC for interdepartmental activities at college

Post MBA goals:
I want to work either in a Product Management role for a technology/IT product company or as a consultant in a management consulting firm.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: ISB '24 (I)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello, Kindly evaluate my profile :

GMAT Score: 720

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and secured 84.3%.
12th standard: secured 88.4% from Science stream from ISC Board in 2013.
10th Standard: secured 92.7% from ICSE board in 2011.

Work Experience:
Working as a Data Analyst and Auditor at Wipro Technologies for 35 months.
I have automated many processes which were manually done before
I have won "Employee of the Month" two months.
I am leading a team of 2 in the project.

Extra Curricular Activities after college:
Active member at Toastmasters.
Social Media Manager for an NGO for past 5 months.

Projects done in college:
Universal 3D Printer
Responsibilities: Designed and supervised development of 3D printer to recast plastic into objects.
Provided solutions to requirements like Designing, Integration of components, etc
Achievements: Published paper on the same research in international recognized Journal

Smart Voting System
Responsibilities: Designed and assembled components for a three way authentication system for voting
to prevent fraudulent practices.
Achievements: Published paper on the same in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamically and Control
Systems Journal.

Other Extra Curricular Activities done:
Held office of Management Head of Energy and Environment Protection Club from 2015-
Held responsibility of Sponsorship Team at The Electronics Club during the Cultural fest of college in 2016.
Lead and supervised Development Team for projects like 3D printer and Carbon Footprint Calculation
Mentored Team for successful development of “ Heart Rate Monitor” in the Annual Expo of my college club.
Secured 1st prize in intra-state Ideas presentation on City planning organized by U.P State Biodiversity
Board in 2012.
Winner of National level essay competition organized by CCI in 2012.
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 764 [1]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM

Graduation: Completed B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and secured 84.3%.

Work Experience:

Universal 3D Printer
Responsibilities: Designed and supervised development of 3D printer to recast plastic into objects.
Provided solutions to requirements like Designing, Integration of components, etc
Achievements: Published paper on the same research in international recognized Journal

Smart Voting System
Responsibilities: Designed and assembled components for a three way authentication system for voting
Achievements: Published paper on the same in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamically and Control
Systems Journal.

Held office of Management Head of Energy and Environment Protection Club from 2015-
Held responsibility of Sponsorship Team at The Electronics Club during the Cultural fest of college in 2016.
Lead and supervised Development Team for projects like 3D printer and Carbon Footprint Calculation
Mentored Team for successful development of “ Heart Rate Monitor” in the Annual Expo of my college club.
Secured 1st prize in intra-state Ideas presentation on City planning organized by U.P State Biodiversity
Board in 2012.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sidtri,

You have got one great profile there. Let’s start step-by-step:

- ISB puts great stress on academics and I see they are slightly on a lower side of your profile. Also, your gmat is 20 points lesser than the average which can serve as a roadblock and so, I advise you to retake gmat and target for a 700+

- Your extracurriculars are pretty interesting and ISB looks for them to get an insight into your personal attributes. Your certifications and that you were a part of the robotics club and NSS makes you a blend of soft and hard skills. Also, your interests seem really diverse and interesting. That is going to fulfil the ‘diversity’ requirement of ISB and will help you stand out.

- You have not provided many details about your work experience. But what I can see from here, it looks different and appealing, especially that you were a part of Intelligence Bureau. ISB looks for strong leadership qualities in your work ex and I am sure you must have some interesting stories to bring on the table.

Overall, a great profile. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out in the application pool.

I would love to give a comprehensive evaluation after you share more details of your work experience. Also, I would advise you to apply for some other great business schools in Europe or Canada, and yes, would like to know about your post-MBA goals because that is one major factor in deciding the right fit. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. You can always visit our site ‘MBA and Beyond’ to schedule a call with us.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

sidtri wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 690 [Quant:50 , Verbal:34, I.R.:6, AWA:4.5]

Graduation: GPA: 7.6/10, Completed B.Tech in Computer Science from National Institute of Technology Rourkela in 2015.
H.S.C: secured 84% in Science stream from Odisha Board in 2011.
S.S.C: secured 90.89% from Odisha Board in 2009.

Work Experience: 5 years as of now
Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs (2018-Present) - 2 Years
Security Developer, SAP Labs India (2018)
Security Researcher, Sony India (2015-2018)

Graduation: Bachelor of Technology, Major: Computer Science and Engineering, GPA: 7.6/10
• Member of a robotics club working in the field of computer science and electronics. (2011-15)
• Memberof a Quiz Club : Organized prepared content quiz competitions in local schools, as a part of club’s student outreach program. (2011-15)
• Member: National Services Scheme – a group working towards educating tribal children: Contributed by providing weekend informative sessions to underprivileged tribal children, organized local festival celebration events for the tribal children. (2011-2015).

Extra Curricular:
• Certifications: Basic Mountaineering Course, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) by EC-Council, N5 Certified in Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
• Mentored students to improve soft-skills as initiative of Foundation for Excellence (FFE), a charitable organization.
• Supported my brother’s venture by performing security assessments, resulting in continuity of operations, avoidance of cyber-attacks and reduction in pilferage.
• Interests: Adventure Travel, Country-side Photography, Volleyball.
• Languages: English (Fluent), Hindi (Native), Odia(Regional), Japanese(Foreign), Urdu (Regional)
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [2]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hi Luna25,

Thanks for sharing your profile! You have got one great profile. ISB is a great school when it comes to Consulting or Tech. It evaluates the candidates on four bases:

1. Academic Excellence
2. Impact
3. Diversity
4. Clear Career goals

I can see a mix of 1,2 & 4 in your profile. Your gmat score of 700 is good but yes, if you are thinking to retake, go ahead and target a 710+ to stand a strong chance for ISB. Your work experience seems really great. I can see elements of leadership in your profile which, if narrated greatly in your essays, can help you stand out. By international experience, b-schools mean that you work in a multicultural setting so that you can greatly fit a multi-cultural environment in the schools. And, by this perspective, I can see you have good international exposure and you should definitely bring it out. Also, there are pieces of evidence of career progressions in your work which is great. For your extracurriculars, they seem pretty interesting, especially that you were a coordinator of corporate townhalls. It also provides for ‘diversity’ in your profile. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out in the application pool.

About your post-MBA goals, your PM role seems understandable but I am not able to connect the dots of your current work and consulting role and so, would like to understand it better. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. You can always visit our site ‘MBA and Beyond’ to schedule a call with us.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Luna25 wrote:
Also, it would be helpful if you can evaluate whether my post MBA goals are in-line with my current experience.

GMAT 1- 700
Planning to retake before applying to R1. I had applied last year in R2, was shortlisted for interview but was not selected.

Job description:
Currently working in a techno-functional role. I am responsible for end to end development of some key modules for client's CRM application. My work involves coordinating with clients to understand the functional and technical requirements. Planning and finalizing the solution. I lead a team of 2 to 3 people. Though I don't have international exposure I have only worked with international clients. I have worked in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams. Along with this, I have trained multiple resources in the technology of my expertise.

Achievements:

Extracurricular:
1. Been a part of an NGO, have organized cleanliness drives and female child education drives in city slums.
3. Selected as the primary coordinator and POC for interdepartmental activities at college

Post MBA goals:
I want to work either in a Product Management role for a technology/IT product company or as a consultant in a management consulting firm.
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Aspirant69,

You have got one great profile there! Let’s go step-by-step in evaluating your profile.

- You’ve got great stats and 720 is really a great score for ISB.

- Your extracurriculars are pretty interesting, especially in college. Your job of designing a 3D printer and then the idea of a smart voting system really caught my eye. It definitely tells about your creative mind and pretty much provides for the ‘diversity’. Your other extracurriculars are great too but I advise you to not just bombard your application with all of them, rather bring out the ones which are creative and different.

- I liked your work experience too. It’s great that you have taken the initiative of automating a manual process and you have received some awards too. Also, that you are leading a team can give great stories of the ‘leadership’ attribute.

Overall, a great profile. I would advise you to apply for some other great business schools like Ross or Fuqua, and yes, would like to know about your post-MBA goals because that is one major factor in deciding the right fit. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances further. You can always visit our site 'MBA and Beyond' and schedule a call with us :) .

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

Aspirant69 wrote:

Work Experience:

Universal 3D Printer

Smart Voting System
Systems Journal.

Board in 2012.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
vaibhav2209 wrote:
Hey,
i would like to know my chances for Early bird entry option with ISB,

10th- 9 CGPA
12th- 88.88%

9,04/10 - DISTINCITION top 10% of the batch of 240 cadets- Btech Marine Engineering - Collab program between TOLANI MARITIME institute, Pune and BITS, Pilani.
so have dual degree from both these institutes.

yet to give GMAT

College extracurricular and achievs:

Academic:
1) Merit scholarship holder for all semester, having got total scholarship worth 3-4 lacs.
2) Special Recognition as a topper in management subjects, including principles of management, costing, ship operations, operational research.
3) final year project where my team designed a sprinkler system for a Bangladesh ferry - just a final year projects for higher CGPA attaining cadets.

Leadership roles:
1) class representative
2) VICE Deputy cadet captain - being From a maritime academy we followed a similar culture to an indian navy institute where we were divided into 4 squadrons, in this role i was responsible for assisting senior captains in hostel management and assisting warden and training faculty to maintain discipline. Commanding a batch of 60 junior cadets
3) Deputy cadet captain - A role given to select few all round cadets in the final year, responsible for managing their squadrons, usually a batch of around 200-250 cadets.

Sports: Active participant in inter house/squadron events: football, athletics and March Past

Work experience and Internships:
Campus placed with NYK ship management, a subsidary of NYK line, one of the largest shipping company in the world.

1) 4 month internship as a cadet on a container ship, which was one of the largest ship when it was built, managed by NYK
visited over 12 countries and worked with a mix crew of 11 different nationalities.

2) After graduating in 2018, worked as a junior marine engineer with NYK, working on 2 contracts 4 months each, one on a container vessel and other on LNG carrier, Natural Gas.

Left NYK, last august. Got injured on ship and had to leave due to health issues.

3) Amidst looking for shore opportunities which are less worked as an operational management intern with a startup : The startup atmosphere of big goals and limited resources gave me an opportunity to work in multiple domains of supply chain in a product based company, right from logistics and inventory management to production and packaging.

4) Since, February i have started working as junior broker with a ship brokerage house. I work in natural gas market in india and work for clients like the major 3 oil PSUs of india. In this role i assist clients and senior brokers to fix a ship and cargo for our clients.

I would like an evaluation of my profile for ISB early entry option since i am yet to complete 2 full years of working experience.

Hi vaibhav2209,

I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 4 years. Below is my evaluation of your profile:

Profession work experience: - Nature of experience would count as diversity candidate from a marine engineering background with adequate opportunities to showcase leadership in your essays from an early age– which is a definite plus.

GMAT: Aim for a 700+ GMAT score to strengthen your application and complement your strong academic scores and achievements

Goals - Your short term goal is aligned with your past experience and can be weaved naturally into your application story. Think of what you want to do in the long term and the skillset you need to pick from an MBA

Extracurricular: If possible show some recognized certificates/achievements to validate your time spent in the activities.

Overall I believe your profile has a number of sparks in it to get the attention of the admission committee. However, you will need to demonstrate how you add value to the classroom basis your experiences.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89
(Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion.
M| +91-9701215544
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
KaumudiT wrote:
Hi - would really appreciate an analysis of my profile as well. Below is my profile - I am keen to look at marketing and/or strategy studies oriented MBA programmes. Need help with shortlisting colleges - my preference is towards 1 - year programmes like the one at ISB Hyderabad, but open to other programmes too. Thanks!

I come from a communication and marketing background. Graduated from University of Delhi with BA Hons in Journalism, where I studies several subjects like political science, economics, international relations, print, radio and TV journalism, and marketing and advertising, besides others.

From there on, I studied at the Indian Institute of Mass Comm for a PG Diploma in Advertising and PR.

I have 4+ years of work experience, including a currently ongoing 2+ year stint at a leading international airline where I am responsible for consumer marketing portfolio.

Here are my scores:
10th Std - 85.4%
12th Std (Science) - 77%
Graduation - 75.25%
PG Diploma - 72.05%
GMAT (expected, yet to take the exam) - 690-710

I was awarded the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) Award in 2016; and was nominated by my firm for a 30 Under 30 Industry Award. I have worked with a Delhi based NGO working in the space of emotional education of children for about 1-1.5 years. I also have a lot of internships at college level with organizations like Indian Express and BBDO (ad agency). Post my degrees after school consisted of several live projects like documentary film-making, authoring original dissertations, radio programmes, ad film-making, award-winning capstone project for a leading Home Care brand.

Dear KaumudiT,

I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 4 years.

Below is my evaluation of your profile:

At the onset, I want to tell you that you are a diversity candidate (with a journalism and communications background) – this will work in your favour. Moreover, you have adequate pre-MBA experience and will be a good fit to the incoming class. The PRSI award and nomination are great achievements and will lend themselves beautifully while crafting your application story On the extra-curricular front, NGO and film making experience will add to your candidature and will provide lots of content to draw inspiration from and showcase how you will leverage these experiences while studying at ISB

When giving your GMAT, do aim for a 700+ score to solidify your chances to get into ISB. I would advice that you consider ISB at the moment given the uncertainty caused on account of covid-19.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89
(Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion.
M| +91-9701215544
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
narsiadidela wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

10th 86%
12th 82%
UG 61%
I have done PGDM from an unreputed college with GPA 6/10.

6+ years of experience in sales

Sr. Sales Officer: Asian Paints(2 years)
won best sales performer of the year once
Led new product launch.

Sales Manager: Startup (4 years)
P&L Management, Team Management
signed deals with various entities for supplying the product
Grew sales nearly 4 times with in the period.

Extra Curriculars:
Part time helper and fund raiser for Deepa orphanage.
Part of group which won presentation for women Empowerment in College.
Participated in inter college volleyball competition.

Thanks.

Dear narsiadidela,

I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 4 years. Below is my evaluation of your profile:

Academic – Not very strong at both the UG and PGDM level. This will need to be offset by a very high GMAT score 720+. Quality of educational institute is also poor – so you will lose points in the application process here. ​

Professional experience: Number of years of experience is good to add considerable value to the class. I would need to know a little more about the quality of experience to further comment on this aspect of your candidature. Decent results demonstrated as evident from you winning the award

Extra-curriculars – not very strong and I would need to again know more about your experience

Overall, I feel that you need a high GMAT score to solidify your chances of getting into ISB. Moreover, you will have to carefully think and craft your application story to reflect the highs in your extra curriculars and your professional experience. This has been done in the past so requires some introspection and good articulation ​

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion.
M| +91-9701215544
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Luna25

Your profile seems reasonably loaded in terms of leadership as well as extracurriculars. Also, your GMAT score though lower than averagee, should also not be a deal breaker. Therefore, as a re-applicant, the starting point of your application should be- introspecting what went wrong last year.

Here's what we would recommend:
- Identify if the goals you have mentioned are in line with your skill set and achievements so far. After 7 years of work experience, you would need to leverage your existing skills, therefore Consulting does not seem to be a feasible option. From the information we have, product management or program management seems more in line with your experience.
- Ensure that you are able to highlight your work experience and strengths so that your profile stands out amongst the crowded IT pool applicants.

Happy to help you further in your application journey. Please feel free to reach out.

Luna25 wrote:

GMAT 1- 700

Job description:

Achievements:

Extracurricular:

Post MBA goals:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Md4gmat

We see some big positives here: Great academics, good GMAT too. A long list of extracurriculars always helps! Initiatives at work such as automating processes demonstrate leadership, so good work there too.

Here's what we recommend:
- We don't see a mention of your goals. Clarity of short term and long term goals are extremely important for the ISB application. Make sure that your goals are in line with what you have achieved so far.
- Extracurriculars and projects done in college while interesting, would have not have the same weightage as current achievements, therefore you might want to highlight your current interests as well.

All in all, pay attention to your application and you can see this through.

Md4gmat wrote:

Work Experience:

Universal 3D Printer

Smart Voting System
Systems Journal.

Board in 2012.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Balvindra

Marine Engineers add to the diversity at ISB and are a welcome addition. Pilani is a great brand. Working on Gas ships is a plus too. We spot some good extracurriculars as well.

In order to really crack ISB application, you must remember that your main competition is candidates with a background similar to yours. Most of them would have multi-cultural experience. Therefore, when you speak of your strengths and experience, you must try to differentiate yourself from your peers. Talk about incidents and examples that make compelling reasons for your to pursue an MBA.

We have helped multiple students from marine engineering background get through PGP and happy to discuss further.

Balvindra wrote:
My name is Balvindra Pratap Singh and I am working as a marine engineer for last 5 years.My academic and professional experience is provided below.
Class 10th(CBSE)2006 -90%(i had scored 100 marks in science and received merit certificate from CBSE board)
Class 12th(CBSE)2008-77%
Btec in marine engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and science ,Pilani.I had scored 78.5%.
After college i had joined NYK LINES,a japaneese company, and worked there for 2 years as 3rd assistant engineer.
Then i switched to MITSUI OSK LINES,Japan and i am currently working there for last 3 years as 2nd assistant engineer in their Liquified Natural Gas ships.
In my 5 years of sea experience, I have shown leadership in many instances and motivated people for safe working culture.Once i was a part of an invegtigation team on board a ship.I have global experience of working with around 7 different nationalities.
My hobbies include poetry,hockey,trekking and paragliding.
I have worked for Non Profit Organisations as well.
Please evaluate my profile and accordingly suggest me to improve more.
Thank you!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.88
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi i need profile evaluation, can you please help

Name: Sarthak Gupta

GMAT score: Not yet attempted, targeting around 710
Graduation: Completed B.Tech (IT) from 2011, 67.0%
Post Graduation: PGPM in Finance- 2013, 7 CGPA
US-CPA certified (equivalent to India's CA)

Work Experience:
7 years of experience in the field of finance. In 7 years i have achieved 5 promotions.
I have 2 years of working experience with EY,
4 Years with Grant Thornton
and currently working with Cohnrezinick LLP

Below is a brief about my job role:

Preparing and analyzing financial models involving multiple entities, currencies and geographies for providing financial insights.
Performing Financial due diligence and identified adjustments from statements such as trial balance, audit and internals that impact EBITDA and Working capital.
Interacting with target management after understanding and drafting management questions, trending financial accounts and building various reports such as: CIM, Financial key notes, Financial due diligence report, Valuation report

Skills and accomplishment:
Awarded with Young Tirk (demonstrated entrepreneurial quality) for exceptional client service and converting a client billable from non recurring to recurring basis
Best employee award for Q4 2018
Spot award for best trainer in Q3 2019
Headed of South US market
Optimized the Feedback process, aligning with the firm’s growth strategy
Training, mentoring and coaching seniors, associates and analyst on best practices and team integration

Post MBA : Want to work in Private Equity, Venture capitalist or Investment banking.
Second option would be transition into the Management consulting role

Originally posted by sarthaknash90 on 17 Jul 2020, 11:06.
Last edited by sarthaknash90 on 17 Jul 2020, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi...need profile evaluation

A food industry professional with 4 years work ex

10th: 84%
12th: 86%

B.Tech in Biotechnology from GGSIP University, New Delhi (CPI 76.76)

M. tech in Food Biotechnology from ICT Mumbai (CGPA: 9.57)

Work Ex:
0.5 year: Parle Agro Quality Department
2 years: Quality Manager in Food Corporation of India, Govt of India
1 year: Manager at Wingreens Farms (Food Processing Start up)

Achievements:
- GATE : All India Rank 15
- TOEFL 2018: 112/120
-Published research paper in peer reviewed journal

Extra curricular:
- Oral presentation at International conference with funding
-Similar poster presentation
- Won group dance competitions in FCI
- Travel Blogger

GMAT: to be attempted in sept 20. Expectation 690.

Please evaluate for ISB.

Intern
Intern
Send PM

Work Ex:

Achievements:

Extra curricular:
- Travel Blogger

Looking to move to consulting and strategy roles. Please evaluate for ISB and preferred profile.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hello HimadriPal,
You have competitive advantage in terms of having a distinctive profile.

However, you haven't talked about your achievements at work, so wont be able to comment there.
I am a little unclear about your first two ECs.
Your expected GMAT is ok, but try to add 20 points to it to make your profile more competitive.

Your post-MBA roles are generic. What industries do you prefer in consulting? What us your motivation to get into consulting? These are questions you will have to answer for yourself and for the purpose of the application and the interview.

Your chances of success depend on the strategic positioning of your profile.

HimadriPal wrote:

Work Ex:

Achievements:

Extra curricular:
- Travel Blogger

Looking to move to consulting and strategy roles. Please evaluate for ISB and preferred profile.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  184   185   186   187   188  ...  307