Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 14:27 It is currently 21 May 2024, 14:27
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 8724
Own Kudos [?]: 10069 [29]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 1806
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Posts: 4
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Feb 2021
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
allap123 wrote:
Hi,

Background + university: I'm a 21yo business management student from a non-target uni in UK (top30 in UK). I'm originally from Eastern Europe and moved here for university + I'm a female if that's important. My degree is 4 years long and between 2nd and rd year I have a "year in the industry" which I'm currently completing. Both in my 1st and 2nd year I scored a 1st (+70%) and hope to get +70 in my final year. I had a few finance modules, but most of them I will have in my 3rd year when I will already apply for masters.

GMAT: I think I will get 720-740

Work experience: Completed 2 pro-bono short internships in startups, one was more of a consultancy project and during another one I was doing financial planning. Currently, I'm completing my 1 year long internship in one of the biggest companies in the world in heavy industry. Being a product management intern, I work mostly in operations and financial planning. I also created research reports on military and oil&gas industries. In summer I hope to get a internship in either investment banking or consutling (tier2 or big4) in my home country. If I'm lucky I will get a internship in a small consultancy firm in UK starting in 2nd term of my 3rd year.

Community: Was a president of national society at a university and a marketing executive of a consulting club. I want to become a president of a consulting society at my uni in my 3rd year. As a marketing exec I helped organise a 1-week long consulting event allowing students to solve a business case. We regularly invited consultants from big4 and tier2 consulting firms and received sponsorship from one company. Before uni I was training one sport for 14 years scoring many national awards.

Goals: I'm stuck between Master in Finance, Business Analytics or general MIM. Post masters, I want to get into consulting or maybe (?) finance.

Universities: HEC, NUS, LBS, Imperial, UCL, ESSEC, LSE

Do I have any chances of getting into those universities, and what course might be best for me? Is MIM even useful if I did business management before?
Masters Admission Expert
Joined: 29 Feb 2020
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
allap123 wrote:
allap123 wrote:
Hi,

Background + university: I'm a 21yo business management student from a non-target uni in UK (top30 in UK). I'm originally from Eastern Europe and moved here for university + I'm a female if that's important. My degree is 4 years long and between 2nd and rd year I have a "year in the industry" which I'm currently completing. Both in my 1st and 2nd year I scored a 1st (+70%) and hope to get +70 in my final year. I had a few finance modules, but most of them I will have in my 3rd year when I will already apply for masters.

GMAT: I think I will get 720-740

Work experience: Completed 2 pro-bono short internships in startups, one was more of a consultancy project and during another one I was doing financial planning. Currently, I'm completing my 1 year long internship in one of the biggest companies in the world in heavy industry. Being a product management intern, I work mostly in operations and financial planning. I also created research reports on military and oil&gas industries. In summer I hope to get a internship in either investment banking or consutling (tier2 or big4) in my home country. If I'm lucky I will get a internship in a small consultancy firm in UK starting in 2nd term of my 3rd year.

Community: Was a president of national society at a university and a marketing executive of a consulting club. I want to become a president of a consulting society at my uni in my 3rd year. As a marketing exec I helped organise a 1-week long consulting event allowing students to solve a business case. We regularly invited consultants from big4 and tier2 consulting firms and received sponsorship from one company. Before uni I was training one sport for 14 years scoring many national awards.

Goals: I'm stuck between Master in Finance, Business Analytics or general MIM. Post masters, I want to get into consulting or maybe (?) finance.

Universities: HEC, NUS, LBS, Imperial, UCL, ESSEC, LSE

Do I have any chances of getting into those universities, and what course might be best for me? Is MIM even useful if I did business management before?



Hi allap123. At first glance, your numerical stats (degree marks and expected GMAT score) look solid. While you say you don't come from a non-target university, don't let that hold you back; all programmes will assess the academic rigour of your undergraduate institution and degree and achieving 70%+ demonstrates you have the academic skills (and importantly, motivation) to succeed in the classroom.

Your internship experience across a range of industries and in a range of roles is great if you want to pursue consulting. The ad com will be interested to know your rationale for pursuing these opportunities (was there a strategy?), how the dots between each experience connect (if they do), and the learning outcomes. Exposure to such a diverse set of companies and roles will have helped you to develop an interesting skill set and you should start thinking about how these skills will enable to you succeed both in your masters study and future career.

As well, your community engagement in campus activities will do a lot to showcase your team and leadership experience and capabilities, which are of course key attributes to bring into any MFin, Business Analytics, or MiM classroom. Your sport background also says a lot about your commitment.

Finally, you've asked a good question about whether a MiM is useful considering you're coming from a business management undergraduate. Academically, you’re likely to find crossover in many of the subjects (general management fundamentals are general management fundaments). But you’ll be in a classroom with a potentially different learning approach (e.g. theory v applied) and a different peer group who will expose you to different ideas and approaches. There’s a lot of value in that. That said, if at the end of your degree you’re able to secure the job you’d be coming to the MiM for, then it’s worth thinking about the value of the degree at that point in time. Is it to secure a job? Expand your network? Deepen your insight into a specific subject area? Relocate? Develop hard or soft skills? While the answers to these questions might require some reflection, you helpfully have a bit of time before you will apply and can use this to your advantage.

I hope this has been helpful but please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you’d like to talk through any of this in more detail.

Best of luck.
Sia Admissions Representative
Joined: 04 Jan 2018
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Posts: 682
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Location: United States (NY)
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Yashsoni09876,

Thank you for your post. Congrats on a solid GMAT! From a macro perspective, you seem to have a solid background (what is your class rank?). Given you are not expected to have full-time work experiences prior to joining an MFin program, I recommend you spend time showcasing (through examples of internship experiences and/or community engagement) how your have committed to a career in Investment Banking.

Happy to further discuss your profile. Reach out when you are ready: https://www.siaadmissions.com/complimen ... nsultation

Good luck!

Susan

Yashsoni09876 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Looking for quick profile evaluation for Mfin programmes.

I recently finished my undergrad in Bachelor of Science and am now looking at Mfin programs particularly from US or Europe.
Profile:
Nationality : Indian
Undergrad: 7.4cGPA
GMAT 740
Internship : 4 internships in total. 2 in marketing domain with the startups. 1 2-months Investment Banking Internship in a mid level firm. 6 months Data Analytics internship in a startup.
Volunteer : Has being volunteer in various college events and a volunteer at nasscomm.
Certifications : Complete Digital Marketing, Data Analysis by IBM, Basics of finance from coursera.
Post Mfin : Investment Banking

Programs:
Oxford
HEC
WHU
MIT
London Business School
London School of Economics

Thanks a lot! Any suggestion and tips would be much appreciated.
avatar
Current Student
Joined: 21 Nov 2020
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Location: Italy
Schools: ESSEC (A)
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hi guys, I'm looking for a quick profile evaluation for mim programs.

I'm a 21 years old Italian guy currently enrolled in the second best university in Italy. I am pursuing a bachelor's degree in Economics and Management.
GPA: 3.51
IELTS score: 8.0
GMAT score: not taken yet. (would something around 640 be fine?)
I've done several internships in the past, both in startups and well-established companies (not famous ones). Moreover, I'm currently head of the IT department (9 people under me) and business consultant of my university consulting firm (it is a junior enterprise).
I've also won 5000 euros in AWS credits for winning a startup idea competition. Unfortunately, it remained an idea.

I'll also attach my cv for convenience (I've deleted my personal data). This is the one I will send to universities. Here's the link: https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ahua-lAZ1ibMq ArKnsmN0Cp67ljk?e=EQcD0E
Please delete the spaces. I can't use links.

My goal is to enter one of the top 10 mim programs. Can I make it or not?
Masters Admission Expert
Joined: 29 Feb 2020
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
Fedeman23 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm looking for a quick profile evaluation for mim programs.

I'm a 21 years old Italian guy currently enrolled in the second best university in Italy. I am pursuing a bachelor's degree in Economics and Management.
GPA: 3.51
IELTS score: 8.0
GMAT score: not taken yet. (would something around 640 be fine?)
I've done several internships in the past, both in startups and well-established companies (not famous ones). Moreover, I'm currently head of the IT department (9 people under me) and business consultant of my university consulting firm (it is a junior enterprise).
I've also won 5000 euros in AWS credits for winning a startup idea competition. Unfortunately, it remained an idea.

I'll also attach my cv for convenience (I've deleted my personal data). This is the one I will send to universities. Here's the link: htt ps: //1drv. ms/ w/s !Ahua -lAZ1ibMq ArKnsmN0Cp67ljk?e=EQcD0E
Please delete the spaces. I can't use links.

My goal is to enter one of the top 10 mim programs. Can I make it or not?


Hi Fedeman23. My name is Jamie and I'm a consultant with Accepted and previously led Early Career admissions at LBS. From the information you've provided I'd say you're off to a good start!

Your GPA (I'm assuming the 3.5 refers to your cumulative result?) is fine and will meet most entry requirements, though you'll still want to aim for a high GMAT to keep yourself competitive. Ideally you want to aim for the class average of the programmes you're applying to. For most, this will be above 640. Of course, if you get a 640 it doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't apply but you'll want to review your score (including individual section scores) against your GPA and think about what the story there says about your ability to succeed in the classroom.

It sounds like you have a good mix of internship experience. Brand name companies aren't necessarily a must have (it depends on how the rest of your profile is looking). The ad com will be interested in the skills you've acquired and learnings from the start-up v established business environments and how this will all support not only your MiM learning, but also your career aims. As well, your leadership experience and extra-curricular engagements say a lot about your potential to contribute to your future cohort and community.

I wasn't able to open your CV but do feel free to PM me with it if you'd like more detailed feedback. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 18 Mar 2021
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IESE
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Which mim program can I expect
My profile -

Indian
21 years
Will complete my bachelors in management studies this year Gpa 9.6/10
12th - 90%
10th - 95%

Gmat expecting 720+

Internships - I haven’t don’t any yet and this is what I am worried about

Work experience- I had an event management start-up started in February 2018 but had to shut down in 2020 due to COVID.
In 2 years we did a few corporate events including an event for NDTV( national news channel in India ) and a car launch for Mahindra. We also did Indian selection rounds for a beauty pageant held in Bali.
Besides event management I have always worked in my family business, handling a factory with my uncle. It’s a jewellery manufacturing business and I have 50 workers working under me.

Leadership roles- event manager as explained above
Handling a factory
Besides these I was head of a committee in my college’s s cultural festival and had around 20 students directly under me.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Mar 2021
Posts: 37
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hello people, please help me clear this doubt


I am from India
I have completed my Btech in 4.5 years instead of 4 years in Jan 2021 (Started 2016)
• During my Btech, due to participation in as yearbook design head and few other reasons like (attending SSB interview 3 times for 10 days each, for few semesters, I have been absent in final exams or was restricted due to low attendance. In those subjects, I haven’t given the final exams. Those are marked as “N” grades in my grade sheets. Which are mentioned as incomplete courses/Absent courses and not failed courses. These are spread out across my whole Btech. Also, subjects where I have given Final exams and I have failed to clear are given by “F” grades. So, my doubt is
i have a very good profile with some great extra ordinary extra curricular, only thing i am lacking behind is the number of backlogs i am having in my Btech
History of F grades i have in Btech grade sheets:9
History of N grades i have in Btech grade sheets:22


Since N grades were marked as incomplete/absent courses will those be counted under backlogs or can i pas through this obstacle somehow?
i am specially trying for US and UK. So does colleges there consider absent courses as backlogs?
PS: i am a graduate now and i have cleared everything


also, i can mention medical conditions since the N grades are spread out across every semester in few of the subjects


thanks for the help in advance
SVP
SVP
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 1806
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
strongrover wrote:
5th March,2021
Age: 22
Gender : Male
Nationality : Indian


GRE Score :- 319( Quants - 165, Verbal - 154)

Score :- 74.8%( B.Tech EEE)

Work Experience :- 0.6 years as an Assistant System Engineer in TCS

Internship and Certifications:-
a) Completed an internship in Reliance Industries Ltd. working as an intern and assisting in day to day operations to the Plant head.
b) Worked as an intern in Siemens Ltd. and managing customer relations in the testing unit in Kalwa works.
c) Completed Delf A1 level certification in French Language.
d) Completed various online certified courses in MOOCs namely in financial Domain. ( Financial Market- Yale university, Excel for business essentials- Macquarie University etc.)
d) Published an research paper in an international journal in final year college.
e) Certificate of excellence from Career Center in College

Educational Background:-
a) B.tech EEE from SRM IST. Graduated 2020( 74.8%)
b) Class XII - 83.4%
c) Class X - 9.6 gpa

Extra curricular:
a)Completed an credited course in yoga
b) Won 1st Position in physics competition in College.
c) Worked with managing team in college fest.
d) Learned German upto A1 level.

Target Program:-
MIM

Target colleges : -
ESCP.ESSEC,HEC,HHL Leipzig, EDHEC, WHU, ESMT, SKEMA, EMlyon

Post MIM target:
Consulting or Finance


Hey strongrover,

From the first glance at your profile, your academic background showcases a series of good scores starting right from your schooling to your undergraduate and thus boasts of your academic prowess.

Moving on, you have a decent amount of experience on the extracurricular front. Your leadership and volunteering roles in clubs, fests, and events, showcase your strong interest in developing your profile holistically. So make sure you elaborate on the roles held and how you handled problems, planned the events, raised funds, etc. You should dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile like leadership, teamwork, etc. All in all, you have a well-groomed extracurricular front. Additionally, in order to give your profile a boost, you can take up any CSR or social welfare activity as it would showcase your drive to give back to society, a trait that is highly revered by b-schools around the globe

Coming to your work experience, since you are applying for the MiM program, your overall work experience of 0.6 years would not act as a hindrance to your admission since most top B-schools have stringent 2-year work experience criteria for their MiM programs. Furthermore, your multiple internships with prominent brands such as Siemens and Reliance would be an added feather to your hat as you will be competing against a pool of applicants hailing from similar backgrounds. Here, showcasing your journey and the learnings gathered through this experience would allow you to differentiate yourself and thereby gain an upper hand with equally competent profiles with extensive work experience hailing from equally good brands.

Moving forward, your GRE score of 319 is pretty competitive and would allow you to target most of the top B schools, however since you’re particularly keen on targeting HEC as well, your GRE score would fall on the lower end. Therefore, I would highly recommend a retake to improve your score and aim for a 322+ in order to comfortably target a school like HEC that enjoys a notorious reputation of picking well polished candidates.

Coming to the schools that you’re targeting, HEC Paris would fall under the ‘Dream’ category (chances of acceptance stand at 40-50%). Apart from that, ESSEC, ESCP, and ESMT would fall under the ‘Competitive’ category (chances of acceptance stand at 60-70%); and EMlyon, SKEMA, and EDHEC under the ‘Safe’ Category’ (chances of acceptance stand at 80-90%). Furthermore, schools like HHL and WHU have programs designed for business undergrads; thus you would not be eligible for an admit here. However, if you’re interested in applying to these schools, you can drop a mail to them and confirm your eligibility for the same.

All things considered, to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools, you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application (consisting of - Essays, LORs, and Resume) that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses in order to differentiate your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from shortlisting the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!


Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Shubham Sharma
Age: 24
Gender : Male
Nationality : Indian
GMAT- Not Given Yet (Expected 700+)
Score :- 79%( B.Tech ECE)

Work Experience :- 1 Year 10 Months as Testing Engineer with VIVO Mobiles

Internship and Certifications:-
a) Completed an internship in Cisco as routing and switching network engineer
b) Worked as an intern in CDAC as microcontroller Intern .
c) Completed CCNA from Cisco.
d) Represented as Training and Placement coordinator from my college.)
e) Certificate of excellence from Placement Center in College

Educational Background:-
a) B.tech ECE from UIET Kurukshetra Graduated 2019( 79%)
b) Class XII - 83.4%
c) Class X - 10 gpa

Extra curricular:
a) Won prizes in different debate competitions
b) Worked as Class representative during school.
c) Worked with managing team in college fest.
d) Worked as Placement Team Coordinator in college

Target Program:-
MIM

Target colleges : -
ESCP.ESSEC,HEC,Insead,LBS

Post MIM target:
Consulting or Management
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Location: Italy
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
This post has been removed

Originally posted by PaoloM4 on 25 Mar 2021, 12:29.
Last edited by PaoloM4 on 12 May 2021, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 10 Jan 2020
Posts: 14
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hello
My name is Nikhil and my acads are
10th 2012 83.86%
12th 2014 91.2%
Grad 2019 61%
I have two gap years during my graduation due to health reasons.
I don't have any workex
Am I eligible for Masters in Finance program of
HEC Paris
SKEMA
EDHEC
ESSEC.
Please guide.

Posted from my mobile device
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Going to apply for a Masters's in Management or a Master's in Marketing in my first-tier choices (Imperial College, UCL, KCL, LBS, LSE, NUS, NTU) and second-tier choices (the University of Manchester or University of Edinburgh). I am really open for other suggestions other than the campus I've mentioned before.

Background and nationality: 19 years old, Male, Indonesia.

Undergrad Information: I am currently studying at one of the best universities (Top 2) in my country (Bandung Institute of Technology). I will be graduating next year in July 2022. I am majoring in Industrial Engineering.
- I am currently holding CGPA of 3.89/4.00 (translated in English/American system).
- I also get a scholarship from a big local company called Djarum Scholarship.
- I have also been selected as a Lab Assistant in the Laboratory of Innovation and Corporate System Development and going to focus my final research on Marketing/HR/Management.
- I also get several awards for competitions, mostly in Business/Marketing Case Competition (Locally and Internationally) and one Business Plan Competition (Hult Prize - Local Stage)
- I am also on the Dean's List for being a top ten achiever in my class (consists of 200 people).

GMAT/GRE: I haven't taken the test yet, but I am planning to. My background is from Industrial Engineering, so I expected my score about 670/680+. If you may, you can give me the score that I should achieve to enhance my other profile.

Work experience and leadership:
I have no full-time working experience, but I have joined quite a lot of internships during my time in college. I have done six internships until now and am planning to get two more internships until my graduation.
- 3 internships as a Business Development Intern in growing local startups. I've done several leadership roles in these internships.
- 1 internship as a Commercial Analyst Intern in a big local startup. I've got an opportunity to become a project manager for a new product that they want to launch, so I've managed to lead several people under me, not only interns but also employees from that company.
- 2 internships as a Human Capital Intern in a big local corporation (under the supervision of a multinational company). : in United Tractors (under Astra International) and PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (a multinational Indonesian telecommunication company)
Do you have any recommendations for the rest two internships that I'll take? What kind of internship will help me strengthen my profile.

I've also done several leadership roles in my campus as a Board of Director of a Consulting Club and Board of Director of a Students Radio Club.

Community and others:
- I have built a community to help freshmen (with a mentorship program) prepare for their life as undergraduate students in my university. I have managed to make one batch of this mentorship program but failed to do a second one due to some reason (time constraint, energy constraint, etc). It gave impacts to about 100++ undergraduate students on my campus.
- I haven't done any international activities during my time in college, but I am planning to take summer school at the University of Tohoku in Japan in May 2021 (but because of COVID 19, this program will be conducted online). Will you think that this program will help my profile?
- I also am currently helping my dad building a small family MSE.
What else should I mention in the application?

Post Master goals:
Consulting or Marketing

If you have any other advice about essay or LOR or any other requirement for application, I would be really open to that. I also have a question that I want to ask, do you think that I am going to be able to apply for the 2022 intake in Fall, if I'll be graduating in July 2022? Or should I apply in the next year?

Thank you.
Masters Admission Expert
Joined: 29 Feb 2020
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
auf8102 wrote:
Going to apply for a Masters's in Management or a Master's in Marketing in my first-tier choices (Imperial College, UCL, KCL, LBS, LSE, NUS, NTU) and second-tier choices (the University of Manchester or University of Edinburgh). I am really open for other suggestions other than the campus I've mentioned before.

Background and nationality: 19 years old, Male, Indonesia.

Undergrad Information: I am currently studying at one of the best universities (Top 2) in my country (Bandung Institute of Technology). I will be graduating next year in July 2022. I am majoring in Industrial Engineering.
- I am currently holding CGPA of 3.89/4.00 (translated in English/American system).
- I also get a scholarship from a big local company called Djarum Scholarship.
- I have also been selected as a Lab Assistant in the Laboratory of Innovation and Corporate System Development and going to focus my final research on Marketing/HR/Management.
- I also get several awards for competitions, mostly in Business/Marketing Case Competition (Locally and Internationally) and one Business Plan Competition (Hult Prize - Local Stage)
- I am also on the Dean's List for being a top ten achiever in my class (consists of 200 people).

GMAT/GRE: I haven't taken the test yet, but I am planning to. My background is from Industrial Engineering, so I expected my score about 670/680+. If you may, you can give me the score that I should achieve to enhance my other profile.

Work experience and leadership:
I have no full-time working experience, but I have joined quite a lot of internships during my time in college. I have done six internships until now and am planning to get two more internships until my graduation.
- 3 internships as a Business Development Intern in growing local startups. I've done several leadership roles in these internships.
- 1 internship as a Commercial Analyst Intern in a big local startup. I've got an opportunity to become a project manager for a new product that they want to launch, so I've managed to lead several people under me, not only interns but also employees from that company.
- 2 internships as a Human Capital Intern in a big local corporation (under the supervision of a multinational company). : in United Tractors (under Astra International) and PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (a multinational Indonesian telecommunication company)
Do you have any recommendations for the rest two internships that I'll take? What kind of internship will help me strengthen my profile.

I've also done several leadership roles in my campus as a Board of Director of a Consulting Club and Board of Director of a Students Radio Club.

Community and others:
- I have built a community to help freshmen (with a mentorship program) prepare for their life as undergraduate students in my university. I have managed to make one batch of this mentorship program but failed to do a second one due to some reason (time constraint, energy constraint, etc). It gave impacts to about 100++ undergraduate students on my campus.
- I haven't done any international activities during my time in college, but I am planning to take summer school at the University of Tohoku in Japan in May 2021 (but because of COVID 19, this program will be conducted online). Will you think that this program will help my profile?
- I also am currently helping my dad building a small family MSE.
What else should I mention in the application?

Post Master goals:
Consulting or Marketing

If you have any other advice about essay or LOR or any other requirement for application, I would be really open to that. I also have a question that I want to ask, do you think that I am going to be able to apply for the 2022 intake in Fall, if I'll be graduating in July 2022? Or should I apply in the next year?

Thank you.


Hello auf8102. My name is Jamie and I'm a consultant with Accepted. I previously worked as the Admissions Director for Early Career programmes at LBS. Thanks for sharing your profile information.

You are building a solid profile, one that any of the schools you're targeting will be interested in seeing. Your academic honours and track record illustrate your potential to excel in the classroom will convince that you have the academic chops and motivation to succeed in your graduate study. While a GMAT score of 670/680+ will meet the average for several schools you've listed, a score of 700+ would be seen as competitive.

Don't worry about not having full-time work experience. It sounds like you have a wealth of experience under your belt and that you're getting exposure to a range of functions and industries (this is good for consulting). With such a diverse work experience history, ad coms will be interested in knowing whether there's been any strategy to pursuing these internships. How do the dots connect? Make sure you're able to illustrate a clear rationale for why you've gone for these roles and about the transferrable skills developed (of course, along with key learnings and insights). In terms of future internships, think about where you need to develop your network and what skills your target employers will be looking for. For example, some marketing roles require a knowledge of stats and data - do you have this? Do some research on your post-programme career aims and work back from there. But do remember internships, while important for your profile, are also a valuable way to help you figure out whether what you think you want to do is actually what you want to do. So use the time you have now to test the waters.

Your community involvement and extra-curricular activities, including competitions, are interesting and you come across as an engaged and collaborative student. The University of Tohoku summer school will show you're being proactive in developing your toolkit with whatever subject(s) you're planning to take but think about how these courses will contribute to your L&D needs. With any application, you need to connect the dots for the ad com so start thinking about how your academic, professional, and extra-curricular dots connect to your MiM or Marketing studies and to your future career aims.

Finally, to your question about whether you can apply for Fall 2022 matriculation if you're graduating in July 2022 – this is a good question to check with the schools directly. It will likely depend on the programme start dates and there may be visa implications to consider, as well.

I hope this is helpful but please don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like to discuss essay and/or LOR advice. Best of luck!
SVP
SVP
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 1806
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
1
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
ShubhhJain wrote:
Which mim program can I expect
My profile -

Indian
21 years
Will complete my bachelors in management studies this year Gpa 9.6/10
12th - 90%
10th - 95%

Gmat expecting 720+

Internships - I haven’t don’t any yet and this is what I am worried about

Work experience- I had an event management start-up started in February 2018 but had to shut down in 2020 due to COVID.
In 2 years we did a few corporate events including an event for NDTV( national news channel in India ) and a car launch for Mahindra. We also did Indian selection rounds for a beauty pageant held in Bali.
Besides event management I have always worked in my family business, handling a factory with my uncle. It’s a jewellery manufacturing business and I have 50 workers working under me.

Leadership roles- event manager as explained above
Handling a factory
Besides these I was head of a committee in my college’s s cultural festival and had around 20 students directly under me.

Posted from my mobile device


Hey ShubhhJain,

Before we begin with your profile evaluation, I would like to make you aware of the fact that most top B-schools have stringent 2-year work experience criteria (maximum limit) for their MiM programs, and so your 2.5 years (approx) of entrepreneurial experience would act as a hindrance to your admission to a MiM program. Thus, targeting a MIM program in countries except for France will be a difficult feat as only French schools are openly flexible in this matter. Moreover, if you’re keen on applying to the MIM program, I would advise you to apply in the last round coming up in April of 2021.

Having said that let’s begin your profile evaluation. First of all, your academic background showcases a series of good scores starting right from your schooling to your undergraduate and thus boasts of your academic prowess.


Moving on, your initiative of establishing your own event management start-up showcases your leadership skills and ability to take on initiatives. Since any entrepreneurial endeavor is accompanied by a lot of allied activities, you should dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile such as your role of leading teams or strategizing plans to build the venture. This could be perceived as a great value addition to the schools that you are targeting.

Furthermore, you will need to provide a concrete alibi for any employment gaps and bridge the same by showcasing any certifications or volunteer work taken during that period or maybe show involvement in your family/acquaintance’s business.

As you have not mentioned your extracurricular activities - during or after your undergrad, I’d like to let you know that Extracurricular participation plays an important role in strengthening your application as B-schools are on the hunt for all-rounder profiles. Hence, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavors you took up in any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or events you managed or volunteered in during your undergrad. Thus, you should dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile in order to showcase a holistically developed profile.

As for the lack of internships, you can utilize your family business to make up for the practical exposure during your undergrad.

Coming to your GMAT, an overall score of 720 would allow you to target almost all the top B schools worldwide. Here is a division of the schools that you can be targeting in the dream, competitive, and safe category:

Dream (around 50% chance of acceptance): HEC, Insead
Competitive (around 60-70% chance of acceptance): ESSEC, ESCP
Safe (around 80-90% chance of acceptance): EDHEC, Grenoble, SKEMA

On this note, while you have a competitive profile, to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application (consisting of - Essays, LORs, and Resume) that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses in order to differentiate your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, that has helped 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to an end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalizing the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 Mar 2021
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Dear team: Request to review my profile, thanks in advance for your time!

Male from Madrid, Spain. I'm about to turn 27.

1) Undergrad from Polytechnic University of Madrid (Aeroespace Engineering). GPA 6.4/10.

2) Worked for one year and half while studying at Regional Parliament of Madrid.

3) GMAT - 740 / 44V / 47Q

4) CFA Level III passed (2019)

6) English: C2 Cambridge + TOEFL 107/120. French: DALF (C1). German C1 (GOETHE)

7) No experience in finance, Asset Managment or others.

I'd like to be admitted at HEC MIM and drive my carreer toward Asset Managment (Value Investing).

Thank u very much!
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Oct 2020
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nationality: Indian


GRE Score:- 327( Q170, V157)
GMAT Score :- 690 ( Q50, V32)

Internship and Certifications:-
a) Incoming intern at EY
b) Completed an internship in Mondelez International (Cadbury Ltd.)
c) Research intern at Hewlett and Packard (HP)
d) Data Analyst Intern at boutique consulting firms
e) Completed various online certified courses in MOOCs namely in the finance and Machine Learning Domain. ( Financial Market- Yale University, Machine Learning- Stanford University)

Educational Background:-
a) B.tech Biotechnology from IIT Delhi - 7.5 GPA ( Also pursuing Minor degree in Economics)
b) Class XII - 96%
c) Class X - 10 GPA

Extracurricular:
- Executive and Coordinator for various societies in my college.
- Also participated in various extracurricular activities like dance, drama, etc.
- Worked as a volunteer for BloodConnect India.
- Learned German up to A1 level.

Target Program:-
MIM

Target colleges: -
ESCP, ESSEC, HEC Paris, INSEAD, LBS

Post MIM target:
Consulting or Finance
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Sep 2020
Posts: 46
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hello Everyone, I request the experts to evaluate and predict the chances I have for a MiM program in HEC Paris, ESSEC, Fuqua, Cornell, ESCP, Bocconi, basically any of the top 15 MiM programs.

23 years old, Indian National, Male.
I graduated in 2018 with Bachelor of Commerce Honors, with a 3.05 GPA out of 4 from a state university.

A GMAT score of 720, Q49 V40.

I currently have 3 Internship experiences,
1) Indian FMCG Company as a Finance Intern,
2) Research Associate at Kolkata Based Research Firm,
3) Teaching Faculty at Boddhi Tree Foundation (NGO).

I have worked for about a year in my father's company, where I managed Finance to logistics to compliances. Currently, I am working in the FMCG Company, where I interned, and volunteering in an NGO.

10th standard Score- 8.4 CGPA out of 10, 12th (Majored in Commerce)- 75%.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Sep 2020
Posts: 46
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
nj97 wrote:
Hello Everyone, I request the experts to evaluate and predict the chances I have for a MiM program in HEC Paris, ESSEC, Fuqua, Cornell, ESCP, Bocconi, basically any of the top 15 MiM programs.

23 years old, Indian National, Male.
I graduated in 2018 with Bachelor of Commerce Honors, with a 3.05 GPA out of 4 from a state university.

A GMAT score of 720, Q49 V40.

I currently have 3 Internship experiences,
1) Indian FMCG Company as a Finance Intern,
2) Research Associate at Kolkata Based Research Firm,
3) Teaching Faculty at Boddhi Tree Foundation (NGO).

I have worked for about a year in my father's company, where I managed Finance to logistics to compliances. Currently, I am working in the FMCG Company, where I interned, and volunteering in an NGO.

10th standard Score- 8.4 CGPA out of 10, 12th (Majored in Commerce)- 75%.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21  ...  38   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts