Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 06:40 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 06:40
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10214 [29]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
GAngstA wrote:
Hello, I'd like to have a profile evaluation:
age 24
academic : b.e. (3 gpa ) and m.tech (3.5 gpa) pursuing
GRE/IELTS: YET TO TAKE (321-325 range)
curricular activities: played at national(open) in yoga and state(open) in karate, part of club for marketing/publicity of tech-fest, help published author for writing final plot
work experience: had small startup work their and failed there (near about 6 month),internship at medium production house(2-3 month),
targeting school : ieseg bschool (msc in internatonal bschool) , emlv paris (MiB), skema bschool and neoma too
what are my chance?
Thank you in advance!!!
any suggestion to improve to improve?

Hey GAngstA!

Starting off with your profile evaluation, graduating with a GPA of 3.5 showcases your academic prowess. As for your GRE, a target score of 320+ is definitely a good score and would open the doors for you to target most of the top business schools in any country worldwide.

Coming to your work experience, you have some key highlights; for example, your start-up experience. You can communicate it by setting the narrative of how it failed and what did you learn out of it. Besides that, for your internship at a medium production house try highlighting the roles you've performed, significant projects you undertook, and the impacts they created. Since you will be facing competition from candidates with extensive work experience hailing from the big 4 firms, you can compensate by providing an apt reason as to why you chose these firms, how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you spearheaded to showcase an equally competent profile.

Moving on, extracurricular participation plays a vital role in strengthening your applications as B-schools are on the hunt for holistically-developed profiles. Seeing your extracurricular activities, I'd say you have varied endeavors on this end, which portrays your proactive attitude! You have been a part of the tech fest's marketing team, thus, it is essential to shed light on what you did in these roles, and how you handled problems, planned the events, raised funds, etc. Further, you have also played at national(open) in yoga and state(open) in karate, helped published author for writing final plot, this shows diverse activities in your profile and how you have excelled in it well. All in all, you need to dig deep into every aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile. Other than that, you can also take up some courses or certifications that align with your interest in getting into a MiM program.

Given your school choices, IESEG, EMLV Paris, Skema, and Neoma fall under the safe category with your chances of acceptance 80-90%. However, I'll recommend you not to underestimate your profile and aim for better. Hence, here are some schools in the dream and competitive category that you can be looking at:

Dream (Chance of acceptance: 40-50%): HEC, Insead, LSE
Competitive (Chance of acceptance: 60-70%): Essec, FSFM, Escp, IE

On that note, while you have a decent profile, you need to be mindful that you will be facing competition from better profiles. Therefore, you need to focus on complementing your profile with an equally strong application. An application through its various components such as essays, LORs and SOPs would help you highlight your strengths and give apt justifications for your weaknesses and thus overshadow them. Moreover, the application acts as the window through which the admission committee can peek into your skills, calibre, and personality.

As the significant chances of your admission depend on your application's quality, you might want to seek professional help to secure your spot in one of the best B-schools in the world. That said, having helped over 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools, you can thus check out our, All-in-One Solution, to gain insights into how we can assist you in creating an application that could boost your chances of acceptance by a minimum of 3x.

Link for All-in-One solution:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AnishaF wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 21:30
Nationality: Indian

GMAT/GRE Score: Yet to come. (Targeting 700+)

Score - 57% (B.E - ECE)

Work experience: Total Years: 2.6
a) 2 years at an Automotive Industry where I worked with International Client's as Software Engineer
b) Experience in Electric Vehicle Domain, Designing and Validation
c) Promoted from Trainee to Software Engineer within span of 1 year.
d) Currently Working at a Consulting firm (Since past 6 Months)

Internship and Certification-
a) Interned at Wildlife Conservation and Research Fund.
b) Interned as Web Content Developer at a Startup
c) Interned as Market Researcher and Procurement Associate at a Startup
d) Received Funding and awarded for Socio Technical Project of Converting Atmospheric Air to Drinkable Water
e) Attended a Entrepreneurship Camp
f) Awarded with best Paper Position at International Model United Nations
g) Selected for Poster Presentation at District Level

Educational Background:
a) B.E in Electronics and Communication. Graduated in June,2018 with 57%
b) XII- 84% (PCMS)
c) X- 9.2 CGPA

Extra curricular:
a) Lead Organizer of a TEDx Event
b) Editor of College's Annual Magazine
c) Volunteered as Teacher for Rural Education Drive
d) Fundraising for a Charity event
e) Vice Captain of House
f) Hosted and Organized State Level Fests
g) Participated at Young Champions of the Earth for United Nations Environment Program.

Master program(s) you are applying to?:
a) MS- Environmental Management
b) MIM- International Business Management

Post-MIM Targets:
a) Corporate Firm (Environmental Management Eg: ERM )
b) UNEP/UNDP

Hi AnishaF,

First and foremost, I must say that you’ve maintained an impressive academic track record up until your undergraduate where your 57% score is a bit on the lower end. However, you can compensate for the same by posing the right alibi which in this case would be drawing attention to other aspects of your profile such as your active involvement in various extracurricular activities to showcase how you were focussed on developing yourself holistically. Moreover, you have mentioned that you are targeting a 700+ in your GMAT exam which is exactly what you should be aiming for since higher the score, higher would be your chances of acceptance.

Talking about your work experience, you have a total of 2.6 years of work experience which is quite impressive, however since you are applying for a MiM and MS in Environmental Management program, it is best that you target Schools based in France since they are a little less stringent with their maximum work experience requirement which you might be exceeding for B-schools in other countries. Furthermore, while you lack big brand names in your profile, you can overshadow this by highlighting why you chose this company, what projects you undertook and spearheaded, what impacts you created and your major takeaways.

Coming to your extracurriculars, you have quite an impressive number of achievements under your belt whereby you have held multiple positions of responsibility in your college which showcases your potential as a future leader. Additionally, you have also mentioned the certifications that you have undertaken as well as volunteering activities. All these cumulatively vouch for the budding leader within you.

Speaking of the schools that you can target, you can look at: Essec, Edhec, Grenoble, Toulouse Business School (you will have a 60-70% chance of acceptance in these schools)

All things considered, you can boost your chances of acceptance, by drawing attention to the stronger aspects of your profile which can be achieved through your application. Your application is basically what differentiates you by highlighting your strengths and overshadowing your weaknesses which in your case is your low GPA. Additionally, it also carries a 30% impact on your admission prospects which is why I would urge you to pay more attention to the same.

Thus, if you are contemplating on how to draft an impactful application, you can check out our All-in-one service which has helped 3500+ applicants secure admits from the top schools - A complete end to end consulting process aimed at providing personalized application suggestions, unlimited edits, and expert consultants who would constantly be there to help you throughout your application journey!

Below is the link to our All-in-One service:

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Hi all,

I would like your opinion on my profile so that I can plan the correct course of actions. I am targeting schools such as HEC, SAINT GALLEN, LBS, ESSEC, ESCP. I wanted to apply to round 3 but unfortunately, I got a poor Gmat so I just thought I would take a gap year, do some internships and apply for round 1 next year with a top Gmat score. However I was wondering if I still applied this year, perhaps got rejected but could take some experience in the interviews, would it be bad? As round 1 is in October, my profile wouldn't change a lot (except Gmat/internships), so what do you think?
I could also state on my application that I am planning to retake the Gmat... and send my Gmat score mid-march

-age 21
-GMAT:640 Q48 V29
-The University of Warwick, Bachelor Management grade 69%
-3month internship in a real estate company - 2months internship NGO
-Extracurriculars: High-level athlete, competed internationally for more than 10years - and thus haven't been involved in any society at uni. Passionate about running (ran half marathons etc)
-very international background
-baccalaureate with highest honours

Also, couple of my friends already have offers for next academic year. As i have a similar profile, are my chances a bit reduced?

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
hello ,
I am not looking for profile review rather looking for advise, didn't knew where to post so posting this here.
I have recently graduated and planning for MiM program but there are certain doubts regarding MiM program in my mind, so here you go...
I am listening to all the news about Brexit and how they are bringing in new policies that will only allow highly skilled worker to get into England and how it will be harder than ever to find a job for immigrant, also how several European countries like France are introducing new laws regarding immigration and their job market will get affected due to this. and over all this we also have pandemic which isn't really helping much. so i am having doubts whether is this the right time to pursue such degree and can i get a job after my degree? as most of the good programs are in EU and England.

thank you in advance looking forward to your reply.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Alexalex123 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I consider applying for a MIM program in Europe this year (2021 intake). A little worried about my chances to get admitted :please:

Nationality: Russian, 21 years
Education: Bachelor- international economics program at one of the best Economics universities in Moscow (around 10th in the country) GPA 4.5/5
Test scores: GMAT 670 (Q45 V37) IELTS 7.0 (going to retake the GMAT, since my q score is on the lower side IMO)
Work exp: 5 months as an Analyst at the Ministry of Economic Development (External sector Analytics) + internship at the Budgetary department (2 months)
Extracurricular activities: Participated in a number of BIG4 events (such as consulting school at EY, audit camp at PwC) + Case support at BCG. Participated in international conferences (in Spanish) and in an Case Championship (ranked 15% of the best teams)
Languages Russian, English (C1), Spanish (B2)

My dream school is Bocconi. Another ones are WU Vienna and Prague University of Economics and Business (CEMS program)

Hi Alexalex123,

From the first look itself you have a decent profile with room for further improvements. Notably, you hold a pretty good academic record with a CGPA of 4.5 from one of the top universities in your country which is always a preferred choice among the B-school adcoms. However, your overall GMAT score of 670 is a bit on the lower end which is why I would highly recommend you to retake your GMAT exam and target at least a 690 considering the range of B-schools you are targeting.

Talking about your work experience, you have a decent amount of practical experience in two different departments which goes to showcase your flexibility to adapt and work in varied environments. Having said that, you lack big brand names under your CV especially the big4 companies and since most of your competitors will be hailing from these brands, you stand at the receiving end. But, you can still overshadow this shortcoming by highlighting other important aspects of your work experience such as the reasons why you choose this company, what projects you spearheaded or handled, the impacts you created and your major takeaways from the same.

Furthermore, your participation in extracurricular activities is equally important as it aids in showcasing a holistically developed profile which is what b-schools are looking for. Needless to say, you definitely possess an excellent hold on your extracurricular activities through your active involvement in diverse Big 4 events such as case support, audit camps and consulting schools. Having such big brand names under your belt would definitely work in your favour. However, you still need to elaborate on your college endeavours by highlighting any clubs or associations you were part of, positions of responsibility you held, the kind of events you organized, duties you performed and your major takeaways from the same. Additionally, you can also highlight any volunteering or NGO work you were part of to showcase your social skills. All in all, varied skills can contribute towards you being a great future leader which would automatically impress the adcoms.

Speaking of the schools that you are targeting for your MiM program, Bocconi falls under the Upper Competitive category ( where your chances of acceptance is 60%) whereas WU Vienna and Prague University comes under the Competitive category (where your chances of acceptance is 70%). Having said that you can boost your chances of acceptance by drawing attention to the stronger aspects of your profile which can be achieved through your application. Your application is basically what differentiates you by highlighting your strengths and overshadowing your weaknesses.

Above all, I would suggest that you hedge your bets wisely by targeting a good mix of 6-8 schools. On this note, if you want to gain insights regarding which schools suit you best according to your preferences and profile, you can take up our free profile evaluation which will give you a personalised result based on the inputs that you enter.

Below is the link to our FREE profile evaluation:

https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation

Hope this helped!
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
20 Year Old Indian male, to graduate from Christ University 2021 batch with aggregate of 3.4/4.
I undertook one Gap year in 2020, and went for doing Summer School in Harvard, then doing internship in Bangalore and later went to pursue Short course in AI in Berlin and later did my Internship in Paris in the similar field. I had been working for Paris based company even now as a consultant. Have also done my Summer School program from LSE in 2018

1. Top 10 university in India undergrad. Top 10 pc of class. Dean's list. 83%.
2. In total of 4 Internships so far in the period of 4 Years

Extra-Curricular:
1. Co-Founder of Boutique Resort chain in India
2. Founding member of Corona Relief fund organisation, and collected in total of $7,000 + donations to the needy
3. Participated and won various national level Management fest, including in IITB

GMAT 650 (So far, still preparing), aiming for 700+

I aim for 2021 intake in the top B-Schools including LBS, HEC, LSE, etc

Top-notch recommendations.

Evaluations are welcome. Thanks.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10214 [1]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
VatsSaraf wrote:
hello ,
I am not looking for profile review rather looking for advise, didn't knew where to post so posting this here.
I have recently graduated and planning for MiM program but there are certain doubts regarding MiM program in my mind, so here you go...
I am listening to all the news about Brexit and how they are bringing in new policies that will only allow highly skilled worker to get into England and how it will be harder than ever to find a job for immigrant, also how several European countries like France are introducing new laws regarding immigration and their job market will get affected due to this. and over all this we also have pandemic which isn't really helping much. so i am having doubts whether is this the right time to pursue such degree and can i get a job after my degree? as most of the good programs are in EU and England.

thank you in advance looking forward to your reply.

Hey VatsSaraf, as this thread is aimed purely for profile reviews, I don't think it makes sense to post this query here. I've posted in General Masters Forum which is followed by BSchools, Admission & Industry experts, as well as current MS students/ alumni. There is a greater chance of your query being answered in that forum. Here is the link of your post... https://gmatclub.com/forum/brexit-covid ... 49463.html

PS: Request to all: Use this thread strictly for Profile Reviews.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi looking for getting honest opinions about my chances at MIM programs. Hers's my profile
GPA - 3.32(finance) from top 20 colleges in country for BMS
GMAT - not given yet but mock score came at 730
Target School - HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, St.Gallen, LBS, LSE etc.
Internship - 2 internships of 2 months each one at an MNC and another at a leading bank in India
I am an active member of my college's competitions team and won a lot of inter college events. Also part of committee that organized national level finance event .
Participated in MUN in school and have learned Tennis, Taekwondo and Badminton. Represented school in athletics(shotput) but didn't won anything.
Also done 4 courses on finance and management on coursera from top colleges.
What are my chances and where should I improve??
Thanks in advance.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Versado73 wrote:
Hi all,

I would like your opinion on my profile so that I can plan the correct course of actions. I am targeting schools such as HEC, SAINT GALLEN, LBS, ESSEC, ESCP. I wanted to apply to round 3 but unfortunately, I got a poor Gmat so I just thought I would take a gap year, do some internships and apply for round 1 next year with a top Gmat score. However I was wondering if I still applied this year, perhaps got rejected but could take some experience in the interviews, would it be bad? As round 1 is in October, my profile wouldn't change a lot (except Gmat/internships), so what do you think?
I could also state on my application that I am planning to retake the Gmat... and send my Gmat score mid-march

-age 21
-GMAT:640 Q48 V29
-The University of Warwick, Bachelor Management grade 69%
-3month internship in a real estate company - 2months internship NGO
-Extracurriculars: High-level athlete, competed internationally for more than 10years - and thus haven't been involved in any society at uni. Passionate about running (ran half marathons etc)
-very international background
-baccalaureate with highest honours

Also, couple of my friends already have offers for next academic year. As i have a similar profile, are my chances a bit reduced?

Thank you!

Hey Versado73!

I would like to start off by saying that I second your decision of applying this year itself and not throwing away an entire year just because of the GMAT scores. GMAT scores hold just 20% weightage on your chances of acceptance so I would definitely recommend you to apply in the upcoming round itself and shoot a mail to the school informing them about your decision for a retake.

Starting off your profile evaluation with your academic background, your score of 69% in a relevant field such as Bachelor in management embellishes your profile with the relevant foundational knowledge of the field of management. Moreover, the brand name of the University of Warwick further bolsters your profile as top schools across the world tend to favour students from top schools of each country.

Further on the note of your GMAT scores, your GMAT score of 640 does fall on the shorter end especially when contrasted with the class average of the schools you wish to apply to. For targeting the schools under your radar, you’ll need a minimum GMAT score of 710.

Moving on to your work experience, you have a total of 5 months of work experience comprising two internships. Even though you have a pretty decent work portfolio, there is one major factor that is missing throughout your profile and it is the lack of huge brand names. The brand name definitely plays a major role in an application as you’d be competing with applicants from the top schools and big4 companies. To negate the lack of big brand names, you should be talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you have created and your major learning takeaways to showcase the quality of your work and establish yourself as no less than a big4 candidate.

Further on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Hence, accounting for the same, it is great to see that you have undertaken several extracurricular activities throughout your journey. Your experience with sports and being a high-level athlete with several international championships displays the strength of your athletic ability as well as your competitive spirit and determination. In addition to this, your international experience adds in the dimension of international exposure to your profile and displays your global outlook and broadened horizon. Even though your extracurriculars are quite impressive, you can further build upon the same by taking up some certifications in the field in which you wish to be building a career or take up some volunteering activities with a local NGO or Non-profit organization.

Given your school choices, St. Gallen, HEC and LBS fall under the dream category which means that they have an extremely stringent acceptance rate of 8-12% and hence you stand around 40-50% chance of getting into their program, while ESSEC and ESCP are competitive schools and hence your chances of acceptance into the program would be anywhere around 60-70%.

Another aspect that you should be acquainted with while applying to B-schools is the importance of a strong application. The application holds around 30% weightage in the entire application process and crafting a strong application can help boost your chances of acceptance by 3x. Since you wish to apply to elite schools, you’d be facing competition from a highly saturated and holistically developed competitor pool. Hence, a strong application would not only allow you to highlight your strength but also distinguish you from other applicants.

Therefore, in light of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has allowed us to help 3500+ applicants to get into their dream schools. As you are still in the early process of your application, it would provide you with end-to-end consulting and unlimited edits on your application documents. With our customized approach and carefully crafted applications, we have helped our clients bag scholarships worth 3.3 million Euros and we’d love for you to be next!

LINK for the ALL-IN-ONE Solutions:

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Hi all,
I'm in the midst of preparing applications for INSEAD, HEC, LBS, Imperial College, Warwick Business School, King's College and University of Edinburgh Business School, and would love a profile evaluation.

Here are details about me:

Personal background: Indian, grew up in Turkey, 23 years old.

Background + university: BSc Business Administration with concentrations in Strategic and I.T. Management from Babson College. I graduated in 2019 with a 3.0 cumulative GPA. I attended an international exchange program at HEC for 1 semester in 2017. Other languages I speak French, Turkish, Hindi, and Marathi. I have some background in web design and development.

Work experience: Business Development Internship in Istanbul, Turkey at an MNC (2 months); Brand Management Internship in Mumbai, India at a MNC (2 months); Social Media Intern at a start-up in Paris, France (3 months); Marketing Strategy Internship at a PR consultancy in Boston, USA (2 months); Student Management Consultant Project in Babson College, USA (4 months); Digital Marketing Manager at a non-profit startup in Boston, USA (1 year).

Community: Worked on campus at the undergraduate career center and helped out students with their resumes/cover letters. Part-time work at the on-campus mailroom. Part of the business fraternity Delta Sigma Pi. Did digital marketing of a South-Asian organization. Part of an on-campus consulting association and a group leader for a consulting team.

Goals: I want to eventually enter the marketing-strategy space or the management consulting space. The degrees I'm looking at are MiMs, MSc Strategic Marketing and MSc International Marketing and similar fields.

Universities: INSEAD, HEC, ESSEC, LBS, Imperial College, Warwick Business School, King's College, and University of Edinburgh Business School

Do I have any chances of getting into those universities? I am very anxious about my undergrad GPA not meeting the requirements for the unis mentioned above. Should I look at different programs? I would appreciate any and all feedback/advice/help.

Thank you in advance :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sanjana111 wrote:
Evaluations are welcome!

1. 24, Female, Indian.
2. Undergrad - B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from National Institute of Technology Calicut
(CGPA - 6.86/10)
3. GMAT - 590 (Q41, V31)
4. 2.5 years of work experience at Oracle.
Currently working as an Associate Consultant at Oracle.
Guided and assisted a team of 3 consultants for a brief period.
5. Received the SPDC scholarship which covered 75% of undergrad tuition fees.
Managed a blood donation camp at Oracle
A former member of the college western dance team.

Unable to share the link to my LinkedIn profile here.
I am looking to switch my career from a technical to a management field. Since the MBA applicant pool is highly competitive, I would like to pursue a specialized master's program and apply for the Fall-2021 intake.

I would highly appreciate it if my profile could be evaluated and I am open to all suggestions regarding the right course suitable to be my profile.

Hey Sanjana111,

I would like to start off by saying that you have a pretty decent profile.

Commencing your profile evaluation with your academic background, your GPA of 6.8 does fall on the short end. However, you can always overshadow the low GPA by highlighting other stronger aspects of your profile such as GMAT scores, work experience, extracurricular activities etc. You can also utilize your application documents to give apt reasonings for the fall in the GPA.

Furthermore, your GMAT score of 590 also falls on the lower end and to target top schools abroad you’d need to increase your GMAt score by at least 100 points. Hence, I’d suggest you to go for a retake and boost your GMAT score to a minimum of 690.

Moving on to your work experience, you have 2.5 years of relevant work experience at a decent firm such as Oracle which sets you at par with the competitor pool you’d be against. However even though you have a pretty decent profile, there is one major factor that is missing throughout your profile and it is the lack of huge brand names. The brand name definitely plays a major role in an application as you’d be competing with applicants from the top schools and big4 companies. To negate the lack of big brand names, talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you created and your career progression with major learning takeaways would definitely showcase the quality of your work and establish you as no less than a big4 candidate.

Further on the note of extracurriculars, top schools across the world prefer candidates with well-rounded and holistically developed profiles. Accounting for the same, your venture of managing a blood donation camp showcases your leadership skills as well as your socially empathetic attitude. While your involvement in the dance team of your college highlights the creative aspect of your personality. Even though your extracurriculars are pretty decent in themselves, I’d suggest you to further improve them by adding a couple certifications in the field in which you wish to pursue a career in.

Given your target program, you can’t exactly target most of the MiM program since it is targeted towards candidates with 0-2 years of work experience. However, you can target french schools such as ESSEC, ESCP, EDHEC, Grenoble, Skema, and Insead which are much more flexible with their program requirements. Moreover, as you wish to make an industry switch and move from technical to the business background, you may also look forward to targeting a Specialised Msc in Strategic Management program that is designed to equip individuals with a problem-solving mindset and strategic thinking ability. Do note that a specialized master’s program will narrow down your career opportunities, so making a sound choice is very important.

Another aspect that you should be acquainted with while applying to B-schools is the importance of a strong application. Since you wish to apply to a highly competitive program such as a specialized Master’s program, you’d be facing competition from a highly saturated and holistically developed competitor pool. Hence, a strong application would not only allow you to highlight your strength but also distinguish you from other applicants.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has allowed us to help 3500+ applicants to get into their dream schools. As you are still in the early process of your application, it would provide you with end-to-end consulting and unlimited edits on your application documents. With our customized approach and carefully crafted applications, we have helped our clients bag scholarships worth 3.3 million Euros and we wholeheartedly believe that we can help you too!

Link for the ALL-In-ONE solutions:

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
therawcallow wrote:
20 Year Old Indian male, to graduate from Christ University 2021 batch with aggregate of 3.4/4.
I undertook one Gap year in 2020, and went for doing Summer School in Harvard, then doing internship in Bangalore and later went to pursue Short course in AI in Berlin and later did my Internship in Paris in the similar field. I had been working for Paris based company even now as a consultant. Have also done my Summer School program from LSE in 2018

1. Top 10 university in India undergrad. Top 10 pc of class. Dean's list. 83%.
2. In total of 4 Internships so far in the period of 4 Years

Extra-Curricular:
1. Co-Founder of Boutique Resort chain in India
2. Founding member of Corona Relief fund organisation, and collected in total of $7,000 + donations to the needy
3. Participated and won various national level Management fest, including in IITB

GMAT 650 (So far, still preparing), aiming for 700+

I aim for 2021 intake in the top B-Schools including LBS, HEC, LSE, etc

Top-notch recommendations.

Evaluations are welcome. Thanks.

Hey therawcallow,

You seem to have an impressive profile!

Starting off your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA of 3.4/4 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you. Moreover, Christ University is a very prestigious school and its brand name aids in strengthening your profile as your target schools tend to favour candidates from top universities of each country. Besides that, your international experience through summer schools and internships further bolsters your profile by providing you with an opportunity to showcase your broadened horizons and the ability to succeed and adapt in foreign environments.

Moving on to your extra-curricular activities, it plays an important role in strengthening your applications as B-schools are on the hunt for all-rounder profiles. Seeing your extra-curricular activities, I’d say you have varied endeavors on this end, which portrays your proactive attitude! Being a co-founder of a boutique resort chain and a corona relief fund organisation vouches for your strong entrepreneurial skills and a socially empathetic bend in your personality. In all these experiences, talking about the roles and positions you undertook, the teams and projects you led and the impact you created in those positions would help you establish yourself as a strong candidate.

Coming on to your GMAT score, a score of 650 is a bit on the lower end and it can somehow reduce your chances of applying to your target school. HEC Paris is a highly competitive school with a minimum GMAT requirement of 710, hence I definitely agree with your decision to opt for a retake.

Given your school choices, all fall under the dream category where your chances of acceptance are 50%. Since the competition is tough, it is always recommended to target a mix of 6-8 schools. Hence, here are few schools in the dream and competitive category that you can be looking at:

Dream: Insead, Cornell, Duke
Competitive: Essec, Escp, FSFM, IE, Georgetown

Another important aspect you need to focus on is to complement your profile with an equally strong application. An application through its various components such as essays, LORs and SOPs would help you to highlight your strengths and give apt justifications for your weaknesses to smooth over any flaws in your profile. Moreover, the application acts as the window through which the admission committee can peer into your skills, calibre, and your personality.

Since the major chances of your admission depend on the quality of your application, you might want to seek professional help to secure your spot in your target schools. That said, having helped over 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools, you can thus check out our, All-in-One Solution that will provide you with end-to-end consulting and unlimited edits on your application documents. With our customized approach and carefully crafted applications, we have helped our clients bag scholarships worth 3.3 million Euros and we’d love for you to be next!

Click the link below to learn how you could boost your chances of acceptance by 3x!

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
GauravShinde wrote:
Hi looking for getting honest opinions about my chances at MIM programs. Hers's my profile
GPA - 3.32(finance) from top 20 colleges in country for BMS
GMAT - not given yet but mock score came at 730
Target School - HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, St.Gallen, LBS, LSE etc.
Internship - 2 internships of 2 months each one at an MNC and another at a leading bank in India
I am an active member of my college's competitions team and won a lot of inter college events. Also part of committee that organized national level finance event .
Participated in MUN in school and have learned Tennis, Taekwondo and Badminton. Represented school in athletics(shotput) but didn't won anything.
Also done 4 courses on finance and management on coursera from top colleges.
What are my chances and where should I improve??
Thanks in advance.

Hey GauravShinde,

Taking a first glance, your profile stands out with exemplary achievements under your belt. Your GPA of 3.32 in Finance showcases your academic prowess, coupled with the fact that you have pursued your undergrad from one of the top 20 BMS colleges in the country, adds another feather to your hat as B-schools prefer candidates hailing from top schools of each country.

Given the list of schools you are looking out for, a GMAT score of 710+ is exactly what you should be targeting to boost your chances. Along with this, your certifications and courses on Finance and Management on Coursera from top colleges would prove to be a significant value addition to your profile as the top B schools are always on the look-out for candidates who are constantly on the path of upskilling themselves.

Talking about your work experience, your internships under an MNC and a leading bank in India would set you apart from your competitors and give you an upper-hand in the competition. One thing to consider here is that you will be competing against a pool of applicants hailing from similar backgrounds. To further differentiate your profile, you could talk about the kind of projects you undertook, the skills you honed, and the kind of knowledge you were able to gain throughout your internship experience.

Coming to your extracurricular participation, you possess a decent hold on your extracurricular activities as you have not only participated in various competitions but also won several inter-college events, which showcases your proactiveness. Your participations in MUNs and multiple sports such as Tennis, Taekwondo, and Badminton further strengthens your profile. It vouches for your oratory skills, sportsman spirit, leadership capabilities, and team-building skills. Moreover, since you represented your school in athletics, it showcases your leadership skills and ability to take initiative. Furthermore, this can be taken up a notch by mentioning any NGO volunteering activity you have undertaken. This part of your profile will highlight your soft skills paired with your personality’s socially responsible aspect, which can ultimately vouch for your ability to be a great future leader.

On this note, it is always better to target a good mix of the dream, competitive, and safe schools. Thus, you need to broaden your options and target a judicious mix of dream and competitive schools. To help you understand better, I’ve listed the schools you will target according to the different categories.

Ultra dream - St. Gallen (30% chances of acceptance)
Dream - HEC, LBS, LSE (50% chances of acceptance)
Competitive - ESSEC, ESCP (70% chances of acceptance)

On this note, while you have a competitive profile, to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application (consisting of - Essays, LORs, and Resume) that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses in order to differentiate your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, bagging a scholarship, and improving your chance of acceptance in your preferred list of schools.

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: EDHEC (A)
GRE 1: Q160 V155
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
MIM Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
5th March,2021
Nationality : Indian

GRE Score :- 319( Quants - 165, Verbal - 154)

Score :- 74.8%( B.Tech EEE)

Work Experience :- 0.6 years as an Assistant System Engineer in TCS

Internship and Certifications:-
a) Completed an internship in Reliance Industries Ltd. working as an intern and assisting in day to day operations to the Plant head.
b) Worked as an intern in Siemens Ltd. and managing customer relations in the testing unit in Kalwa works.
c) Completed Delf A1 level certification in French Language.
d) Completed various online certified courses in MOOCs namely in financial Domain. ( Financial Market- Yale university, Excel for business essentials- Macquarie University etc.)
d) Published an research paper in an international journal in final year college.
e) Certificate of excellence from Career Center in College

Educational Background:-
a) B.tech EEE from SRM IST. Graduated 2020( 74.8%)
b) Class XII - 83.4%
c) Class X - 9.6 gpa

Extra curricular:
a)Completed an credited course in yoga
b) Won 1st Position in physics competition in College.
c) Worked with managing team in college fest.
d) Learned German upto A1 level.

Target Program:-
MIM

Target colleges : -
ESCP.ESSEC,HEC,HHL Leipzig, EDHEC, WHU, ESMT, SKEMA, EMlyon

Post MIM target:
Consulting or Finance
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Hi, I have been admitted to EDHEC MiM-BM and SKEMA MiM program. In SKEMA I have been given a 3000 Euro scholarship whereas in EDHEC I have not been given any. I wanted an expert opinion regarding which one I should be joining to help me in my career. A quick response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2818 [0]
Given Kudos: 1511
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: MIM Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
MiMEssay Admissionado ARINGO would you share your opinion upon the profile stated above.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 2818 [0]
Given Kudos: 1511
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
MiMEssay Admissionado ARINGO would you share your opinion upon the profile stated above.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1140 [1]
Given Kudos: 1770
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
strongrover wrote:
5th March,2021
Nationality : Indian

GRE Score :- 319( Quants - 165, Verbal - 154)

Score :- 74.8%( B.Tech EEE)

Work Experience :- 0.6 years as an Assistant System Engineer in TCS

Internship and Certifications:-
a) Completed an internship in Reliance Industries Ltd. working as an intern and assisting in day to day operations to the Plant head.
b) Worked as an intern in Siemens Ltd. and managing customer relations in the testing unit in Kalwa works.
c) Completed Delf A1 level certification in French Language.
d) Completed various online certified courses in MOOCs namely in financial Domain. ( Financial Market- Yale university, Excel for business essentials- Macquarie University etc.)
d) Published an research paper in an international journal in final year college.
e) Certificate of excellence from Career Center in College

Educational Background:-
a) B.tech EEE from SRM IST. Graduated 2020( 74.8%)
b) Class XII - 83.4%
c) Class X - 9.6 gpa

Extra curricular:
a)Completed an credited course in yoga
b) Won 1st Position in physics competition in College.
c) Worked with managing team in college fest.
d) Learned German upto A1 level.

Target Program:-
MIM

Target colleges : -
ESCP.ESSEC,HEC,HHL Leipzig, EDHEC, WHU, ESMT, SKEMA, EMlyon

Post MIM target:
Consulting or Finance

Hi strongrover,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MiM aspirations.

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – This looks fine. We would love to know your class ranking (or percentile). Also, having certified courses is an example of continuous learning.

GRE - Well, 319 is an average score. We recommend taking the exam as you are from an overrepresented pool of applicants and for some of your target schools the class average is higher. :)

Work Experience – The work experience looks fine. However, we would love to see your CV to understand your roles, responsibilities, and the impact of your work.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – The extra-curricular activities are interesting. Can you please share more on your hobbies and volunteer work?

All in all sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20  ...  40   
Moderator:
3128 posts