Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 18:35 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
WL R2 WL R3

After doing all the needful and more. I had an opportunity to speak to admissions a few weeks ago and they warned me that another waitlist was a possibility. Not sure what that means.

I was told that in the case of a summer waitlist they would try to evaluate the class by June/July and have a final decision, but there was also the remote possibility that a few would be deferred through Aug.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Applied R2,
WL R2 and WL R3.
Looks like almost everyone continued to be waitlisted through the summer.
This is going to be one long long long summer. Anyone submitting any additional docs?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
MBAforEdReform wrote:
Congrats to all of the admitted students! I was admitted off the R2 waitlist today too! I am deciding between Booth and Yale at this point. For most, this is a no brainer, but I'm interested in education and Yale's loan forgiveness program is hard to beat. Anyone else face this choice?

Congrats on the admit. One of my fellow Net Impact co-chairs is very interested in education and will be interning in the sector this summer. Also Booth Ed was just approved to be a student group for next year and he was leading the charge. PM me if you'd like me to put you in touch with him.

that yale loan forgiveness, man. it's an interesting dilemma. i'm curious to know what role in education you're hoping to be in when you graduate b-school.

personally, i'd first evaluate which school i liked better during my interactions - but finance is definitely in the top 3 factors to consider.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I need everyone's opinion. I got into Booth off the waitlist but have already put down a deposit at Ross. I want to do healthcare consulting after school. What initially drew me to Michigan was the school spirit, Ann Arbor, and the friendly student body. I visited Booth for my interview and met a couple nice people, but don't think i got a good feel for the student body. I am worried that Booth is a bit of a commuter school and that I won't get a tight knit community feel. Can any current Booth students speak to that? I know many business school students live in a few buildings across Chicago, so that might help the lack of community that often comes with urban campuses. I am so torn. I do not have a scholarship at Michigan, so cost is not really a concern for me. I will be going into a lot of debt either way :)

Also, does the flexibility of the curriculum at all hinder the social life at Booth? A lot of schools have cohorts, so you develop relationships with people pretty quickly because you are taking classes with the same people. Anyone have an opinion on that? Thank you for all your help in advance!
VP
VP
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Hi Guys,

I need everyone's opinion. I got into Booth off the waitlist but have already put down a deposit at Ross. I want to do healthcare consulting after school. What initially drew me to Michigan was the school spirit, Ann Arbor, and the friendly student body. I visited Booth for my interview and met a couple nice people, but don't think i got a good feel for the student body. I am worried that Booth is a bit of a commuter school and that I won't get a tight knit community feel. Can any current Booth students speak to that? I know many business school students live in a few buildings across Chicago, so that might help the lack of community that often comes with urban campuses. I am so torn. I do not have a scholarship at Michigan, so cost is not really a concern for me. I will be going into a lot of debt either way :)

Also, does the flexibility of the curriculum at all hinder the social life at Booth? A lot of schools have cohorts, so you develop relationships with people pretty quickly because you are taking classes with the same people. Anyone have an opinion on that? Thank you for all your help in advance!

Hey, congrats on getting admitted. I recently wrote a blog entry on this exact topic. I think I touched on everything you asked. I'm not going to rewrite it all, but here's a link to the post. https://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com/2013/04/school-ties.html. Feel free to email me if you want to talk further.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
ldryan - Congrats on getting admitted!

Cheetarah1980 makes great points but here are my two cents. When I visited, I initially thought that Booth was a commuter school and filled with weirdos (I had a bad experience at a NYC Open house that took me months to get over) but when I visited everyone was extremely friendly and willing to share their experiences. Also unless your school is in a suburban setting or has dorms, every B-school is a commuter school. What I do know is that Booth is a school based on choice. You can have as tight of a community as you want, or choose to not be very involved with your classmates. For me, that choice is liberating - sometimes I want to be around a bunch of people but other times I want to be left alone for a week.

At the end of the day it depends on who you are as a person. Go with your gut.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
Just booked my place on the waitlist. The email says admission decisions from hereon will be made on a rolling basis. I guess one could get hit with a decision any day. Very scary.
Does anybody know if Booth has the 24hr decision rule (like, one has to decide to matriculate or not in 24hrs after they have been offered a spot off of the WL) like Ross?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anyone still hopeful about getting off of the summer waitlist? The chances must be less than 1% now. Does anyone know when the new applications essays for Booth come out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
VoyagerII wrote:
Just booked my place on the waitlist. The email says admission decisions from hereon will be made on a rolling basis. I guess one could get hit with a decision any day. Very scary.
Does anybody know if Booth has the 24hr decision rule (like, one has to decide to matriculate or not in 24hrs after they have been offered a spot off of the WL) like Ross?

I am not sure if the summer waitlist is different, but Booth gave me two weeks to decide, so it seems unlikely that they would make you decide within 24 hours. I could be wrong though.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '16
Send PM
First of all congratulations to all the admits.

Can any one please let me know what is the current size of official admit list / groups and by how much is the class oversubscribed? I want to have an idea of remaining chances (if any) I have of getting off the summer W/L.

Thanks !
VP
VP
Send PM
a12 wrote:

Can any one please let me know what is the current size of official admit list / groups and by how much is the class oversubscribed? I want to have an idea of remaining chances (if any) I have of getting off the summer W/L.

Thanks !

People tried to figure this out by way of the community directory last year and it was impossible to tell. The class always looks over subscribed at this point. Plus you cannot gauge YOUR specific chances of getting off the waitlist based on how many spots may or may not be appear to be open.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
a12 wrote:

Thanks !

People tried to figure this out by way of the community directory last year and it was impossible to tell. The class always looks over subscribed at this point. Plus you cannot gauge YOUR specific chances of getting off the waitlist based on how many spots may or may not be appear to be open.

Thanks for the inputs cheetarah1980. Yes, you are right - at this stage it boils down to numbers and no point worrying.
Do you know what are the 1st /2nd deposit deadlines for R1, R2 and R3 candidates ?

Thanks a lot !
VP
VP
Send PM
a12 wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
a12 wrote:

Thanks !

Thanks for the inputs cheetarah1980. Yes, you are right - at this stage it boils down to numbers and no point worrying.
Do you know what are the 1st /2nd deposit deadlines for R1, R2 and R3 candidates ?

Thanks a lot !

Last year I think I paid my 2nd deposit by June 1. I don't know what the date is for this year but it should be around the same time. I believe the 2nd deposit is due at the same time for everybody.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Depends on the round. R1 and R2 admits, their 2nd deposit is on 6/5. For R3, our 1st deposit is on 6/5 and our 2nd deposit is on 6/28.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks cheetarah1980 & urarunner2.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the info on the deposit dates. Given that another round of deposits is coming due on Wednesday, should those of us on the waitlist be hoping for a call later this week?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
mth1214 wrote:
Thanks for the info on the deposit dates. Given that another round of deposits is coming due on Wednesday, should those of us on the waitlist be hoping for a call later this week?

Based on previous years, it does seem like there may be some movement this week.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts