Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:56 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE:Accounting (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink]
Stay positive. Christy said it may be mid July until they decide on the wait-listed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Gldnchld5 wrote:
Stay positive. Christy said it may be mid July until they decide on the wait-listed.

Seriously? When did she tell you this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
racer150 wrote:
Gldnchld5 wrote:

On June 4th, when we discussed what I could do to improve my chances of getting off of the wait list. I also received this a few minutes ago.

Thank you for having agreed to be on our Wait List for admission to the FEMBA Class of 2016. We are in the process of reviewing all of our Wait Listed applicants, and would like to confirm that you are still interested in attending our program.

Please reply to this email no later than Monday, July 1st, at 5:00 PM to confirm that you would still like to attend FEMBA. We’ve been asked to bring applicants for review who have a clear desire to attend UCLA. We appreciate hearing from you asap, and will complete the Faculty Review some time next week.

Best,

UCLA Anderson Fully Employed MBA Program Admissions Team
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Gldnchld5 wrote:
racer150 wrote:
Gldnchld5 wrote:

On June 4th, when we discussed what I could do to improve my chances of getting off of the wait list. I also received this a few minutes ago.

Thank you for having agreed to be on our Wait List for admission to the FEMBA Class of 2016. We are in the process of reviewing all of our Wait Listed applicants, and would like to confirm that you are still interested in attending our program.

Please reply to this email no later than Monday, July 1st, at 5:00 PM to confirm that you would still like to attend FEMBA. We’ve been asked to bring applicants for review who have a clear desire to attend UCLA. We appreciate hearing from you asap, and will complete the Faculty Review some time next week.

Best,

UCLA Anderson Fully Employed MBA Program Admissions Team

I got the same email and responded promptly. I wonder how many spots are still open and how many people are on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't know how many spots are left, but I know of at least two people on the wait list.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
I don't know how many spots are left but I know that R5 applicants have until July 5th to commit and/or pay the deadline or else it states our spots will be released. I am not sure how strictly this is enforced but I imagine this will open up more spots after that date if not everyone accepts or responds by that date.

P.S. has anyone who has been already admitted received any information about any kind of paperwork or admission package that will arrive via regular mail?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
lawgurl27 wrote:
I don't know how many spots are left but I know that R5 applicants have until July 5th to commit and/or pay the deadline or else it states our spots will be released. I am not sure how strictly this is enforced but I imagine this will open up more spots after that date if not everyone accepts or responds by that date.

P.S. has anyone who has been already admitted received any information about any kind of paperwork or admission package that will arrive via regular mail?

Waitlisted guys - this is so awesome , I hope you guys get in. I know how it feels to be on that waitlist, was there got like a month and it was not easy waiting :)

Paperwork : no paperwork is really by mail , everything is online and you will start getting emails about it after getting admitted. The only mail that I had to sent was my degree as I am an international student and they needed to see the original. The only mail that I got was a gift package after submitting my deposit , rest all is electronic.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
dpkp wrote:
lawgurl27 wrote:

Waitlisted guys - this is so awesome , I hope you guys get in. I know how it feels to be on that waitlist, was there got like a month and it was not easy waiting :)

Paperwork : no paperwork is really by mail , everything is online and you will start getting emails about it after getting admitted. The only mail that I had to sent was my degree as I am an international student and they needed to see the original. The only mail that I got was a gift package after submitting my deposit , rest all is electronic.

Agree with dpkp! I was on the wailist for about 6 months at Haas. It sucks to be there. In fact, I reached a point where I was glad that I was rejected (some kind of decision!). So, hang in there folks. I am sure some spots may open up after July 5th.
And dpkp: interesting gift? :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Kenny0929 wrote:
dpkp wrote:
lawgurl27 wrote:

Agree with dpkp! I was on the wailist for about 6 months at Haas. It sucks to be there. In fact, I reached a point where I was glad that I was rejected (some kind of decision!). So, hang in there folks. I am sure some spots may open up after July 5th.
And dpkp: interesting gift? :)

Kenny ,

I will say wait for it , but if you dnt want to then a pic of the package is on page 9 of this forum !!! Lets see if you resist looking at that page ;)

Dpkp
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
So, I checked my application status, just to do it...

My 'dashboard' used to say "Decision Status: Available beginning 12/12/2012" but today reads "Decision Status: Available beginning 6/28/2013". I opened the decision and it said "The Admissions Committee has carefully considered your application to the UCLA Anderson School of Management’s Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) Program. While you are certainly a very qualified candidate, we are not able at this time to admit you for Fall 2013."

My heart was racing... I thought to myself, "aren't they deciding next week?" Then I read the very next line. "With your permission, we would like to place you on our 'wait list.'"

Haha. I guess it's just so they know who to review for the final decisions.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology Marketing
Schools:UCLA, USC, INSEAD, NYU
 Q47  V29
Send PM
does it mean that we need to re-submit the wait-list form..?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
anandbha wrote:
does it mean that we need to re-submit the wait-list form..?

The email just said to reply to the email.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I submitted the wait-list form when I was notified of the 4th round decisions. I received the "wait-list interest" email just a few days ago and replied to that as well. I did happen to see my the decision date change to May 28th in my account, but I did not submit another wait-list form, since I wasn't notified of the new decision date. If that makes any sense...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Gldnchld5 wrote:
I submitted the wait-list form when I was notified of the 4th round decisions. I received the "wait-list interest" email just a few days ago and replied to that as well. I did happen to see my the decision date change to May 28th in my account, but I did not submit another wait-list form, since I wasn't notified of the new decision date. If that makes any sense...

Posted from my mobile device

That makes sense; you followed the instructions. 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Followed this thread for a while, mostly to learn what I'm up against when I apply in a year or 2. I was looking at the graphed statistics of people and noticed that a lot of people with low GPA's seem to be hiding their information. I understand this, but are there people with low GPA's and high GMAT scores that got in to the UCLA FEMBA and would be willing to share any details? Are people succeeding with less than a 2.75?

Thanks,

Omni
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OmniPrep wrote:
Followed this thread for a while, mostly to learn what I'm up against when I apply in a year or 2. I was looking at the graphed statistics of people and noticed that a lot of people with low GPA's seem to be hiding their information. I understand this, but are there people with low GPA's and high GMAT scores that got in to the UCLA FEMBA and would be willing to share any details? Are people succeeding with less than a 2.75?

Thanks,

Omni

The odds are stacked against you with less than a 3.0... What was your undergrad school, MIT or Cal State Long Beach? Was your grade upward sloping or downward sloping? You'll absolutely need a high GMAT and a convincing story.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
WE:Other (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
OmniPrep wrote:

Thanks,

Omni

My sub-3.0 GPA was a huge blemish in my application, but I think I was able to mitigate that in a number of ways: I did well on my GMAT, though my Quant score leaves much to be desired; I spent a lot of time tailoring my essays for FEMBA, including an optional essay in which I owned up to -- not made excuses for -- my poor undergraduate record at a non-prestigious school; my less-traditional background as a journalist may have helped me from a diversity standpoint; and throughout my application I did my best to emphasize how much I wanted to attend FEMBA -- for example, as an R5 applicant based on the East Coast, I flew out for the voluntary Super Saturday interview designated for R4 applicants, and I also conveyed that I would't hesitate to relocate to LA if admitted. Hope this helps.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts