Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 14:34 It is currently 05 May 2024, 14:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Just got an email for off-campus interview match too! In NYC. Submitted on 10/15.

Breathe...breathe!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
WoW! unbelievable! so fast?! I submitted on 10/16. keep my fingers crossed!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
ganteymula wrote:
Guys, any thoughts on whether the school prefers on-campus vs off-campus interviews? I know they say they don't.....but what do you guys think?

I really don't think they care, especially with a school like Kellogg that has such enthusiastic alums. That said, there are differences between the two. On-campus tends to be with an admissions officer (although during busy time, Kellogg uses 2nd year students too), so you'll be talking with a decision maker, which, if you make a good impression, is to your advantage.

But what I found also for me is that the on campus interviews are much less stressful. I found that the on campus interviews were much more predicatable in terms of questions asked, format and time allotted. Alumni interviews can be a crapshoot. You could hit it off great with an alumnus and speak for two hours (and if the alum is a big donor, even better.) Or you could get an alum who has a chip on his shoulder and is out to make the applicant's experience miserable. Also, personally, I like having an interview in an office at the admissions office. I've heard of alumni interviewers hosting applicants in a Starbucks or even in his/her home, which I think is really weird.

anyway, that's just my opinion. I know others prefer alumni interviews.

Originally posted by Ward2012 on 17 Oct 2013, 18:55.
Last edited by Ward2012 on 17 Oct 2013, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
According to this article, Kellogg is saying roughly 8% of R1 applicants received a waiver for the video. That's a smaller percentage than I would have thought.

https://poetsandquants.com/2013/10/17/ke ... dcom-test/
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Got an email today to schedule my off campus interview! I guess submitting by Kellogg's recommended date wasn't necessary after all. For those of you who have interviewed - any tips? Also, is it true that almost all applicants are offered an interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Anyone from India received interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE:Management Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
chdheeraj1 wrote:
Anyone from India received interview invites?

No, not yet. But I submitted just 2 hours before the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anyone from Europe received invitation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am copying a post from last year's thread, hope this will be helpful to Indian applicants (note that this is not my insight but of the guy who posted this):

str1der wrote:

To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Ronin7 wrote:
I am copying a post from last year's thread, hope this will be helpful to Indian applicants (note that this is not my insight but of the guy who posted this):

str1der wrote:

To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.

Thanks for this post. Very useful indeed!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
The real-time applicant stats on Kellogg's page shows '1' already admitted :-). That seems interesting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
wonbinofchina wrote:

Not yet for me ( I submitted my application 2 weeks ago ). In the email I received from Kellogg it is mentioned it can take up to 6-8 weeks, so I wouldn't stress to much for the moment. The number of alumni/candidates in the city you want to be interviewed in has also an impact on that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
essen1976 wrote:
The real-time applicant stats on Kellogg's page shows '1' already admitted :-). That seems interesting.

Has to be a typo. The earliest you can get a confirmed admit is about 1 week from the decision date.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Bytran wrote:
wonbinofchina wrote:

Not yet for me ( I submitted my application 2 weeks ago ). In the email I received from Kellogg it is mentioned it can take up to 6-8 weeks, so I wouldn't stress to much for the moment. The number of alumni/candidates in the city you want to be interviewed in has also an impact on that.

understood. good luck, Dude!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
missxmelon wrote:
Got an email today to schedule my off campus interview! I guess submitting by Kellogg's recommended date wasn't necessary after all. For those of you who have interviewed - any tips? Also, is it true that almost all applicants are offered an interview?

Yep, Kellogg interviews everyone, unless it is very late in the game and/or it is an off-campus interview and they can't pair you up with an alumni in that region. It is also a blind interview, so purely based on your resume.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.81
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Also received an e-mail re: my off campus interview. Have 14 days to schedule/complete.... which is complicated because I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan. Ruh roh.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
jthespartan wrote:
Also received an e-mail re: my off campus interview. Have 14 days to schedule/complete.... which is complicated because I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan. Ruh roh.

When did you submit?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts