Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:21 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Yes, I see a change to "admitted"

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I should probably give them a call then. Have you guys received any other written confirmation of your acceptance?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
jayson1 wrote:
I should probably give them a call then. Have you guys received any other written confirmation of your acceptance?

The official update to your record may take a day or two to show. In a week or so you'll get something in the mail with an official letter.

As long as you got the call telling you that you're in, you're good to go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
jayson1 wrote:
For those of you that were admitted, did your application status online get updated?

My status is admitted and I also got an email to sign up for a welcome reception and other miscellaneous admit information.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Congratulations to all those who were accepted thus far from Round 1. Best of luck for the next steps for those WL/Denied. Hope whatever is best for you is what works out.

The following question is for current students or those accepted thus far: I already had my round 2 interview and I was wondering if anyone had felt like they had not done as well as they wanted or that they couldn't tell if their interviewer appreciated the discussion but still were accepted?

I am usually a solid interviewer but due to a last minute timing issue, I arrived just before the interview. I felt a bit frazzled and I thought I did not have a chance to talk about all of the key additional highlights I wanted to add to my application. I had similar questions as what malaage had listed but I didn't say all that I would have said.

In other words, I allowed the stress of arriving just 2 mins before the interview to get in the way of my clear thinking. I walked away feeling like I repeated a lot of what I had already discussed in my essays.

I am sure I am worrying too much, but I would love to hear your perspectives on similar experiences.

Again congrats and best of luck to everyone!

Thanks a bunch.

Originally posted by sophie07 on 19 Feb 2014, 01:37.
Last edited by sophie07 on 21 Apr 2014, 13:07, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I am an admitted Round 1 applicant who came out of my interview feeling very discouraged. Although I prepared for the interview, most of the questions I received were not necessarily in line with my preparations so my answer were short, repetitive and not very strong (or at least that was my perception). So I was actually very relieved when I got the acceptance.

At this point what's done is done and you can't change your interview (it is probably not as bad as you think anyway) so probably best to remain positive. At the end of the day, the interview is just one component of your application so I'd still be confident if the other parts are still competitive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jimbot wrote:
I am an admitted Round 1 applicant who came out of my interview feeling very discouraged. Although I prepared for the interview, most of the questions I received were not necessarily in line with my preparations so my answer were short, repetitive and not very strong (or at least that was my perception). So I was actually very relieved when I got the acceptance.

At this point what's done is done and you can't change your interview (it is probably not as bad as you think anyway) so probably best to remain positive. At the end of the day, the interview is just one component of your application so I'd still be confident if the other parts are still competitive.

Thanks for your reply, jimbot! First of all, congratulations on your acceptance! What you describe is exactly how I felt and what I experienced.

Thank you for the advice and encouragement. You are right - I should stay positive and remember that I am confident in the rest of my application.

Again, congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
sophie07 wrote:
jimbot wrote:

Thanks for your reply, jimbot! First of all, congratulations on your acceptance! What you describe is exactly how I felt and what I experienced.

Thank you for the advice and encouragement. You are right - I should stay positive and remember that I am confident in the rest of my application.

Again, congratulations!

I agree with JimBot. This can never be perfect. We all go through our motions about the interview. Even if you gave a near-perfect interview, the result may not be in our control especially when you come from a non-diverse background.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any other round 2 applicants who have interviewed recently? I have mine on Friday, Feb 28.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
scrapydoo wrote:
Any other round 2 applicants who have interviewed recently? I have mine on Friday, Feb 28.

Yes. I had mine a week ago. It was conversational and fun. The interviewer had already read my application, but I still used the same examples from my essays.

Did you have any specific questions in mind?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
hannible1357 wrote:
scrapydoo wrote:

Yes. I had mine a week ago. It was conversational and fun. The interviewer had already read my application, but I still used the same examples from my essays.

Hi Hannible,

Could you list down the general questions you were asked?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
unbounded wrote:
hannible1357 wrote:
scrapydoo wrote:

Hi Hannible,

Could you list down the general questions you were asked?

Nothing special:

1) Walk me through your resume.
2) Short/Long term goals.
3) What would you bring to the classroom that other's can't?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.02
WE:Operations (Real Estate)
Send PM
Any idea about when Haas will start sending out Round 2 admits? Do we have to wait till the April 4 deadline?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
abhishake4 wrote:
Any idea about when Haas will start sending out Round 2 admits? Do we have to wait till the April 4 deadline?

The earliest I'd expect a notification is the day before the deadline. There have been quite a few people in admissions that have changed positions though. So, it may be the day of the deadline.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Anyone going to Haas visitation day this weekend?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
WE:General Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
Anyone going to Haas visitation day this weekend?

Wish I could!
I requested to be placed on the waiting list for this event more than a month ago and didn't make it. :( Bummed, as i really wanted to attend this particular event since other class visits don't have a happy hour reception. Trying my best to attend a class and meet current and prospective students at every school i applied to...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
myst_ari wrote:
sophie07 wrote:
jimbot wrote:

Again, congratulations!

I agree with JimBot. This can never be perfect. We all go through our motions about the interview. Even if you gave a near-perfect interview, the result may not be in our control especially when you come from a non-diverse background.

myst ari - great points! Thanks for sharing.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts