Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 15:10 It is currently 03 May 2024, 15:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [4]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
bioflyer wrote:
Just got my acceptance!

Timeline for those who are curious:
Submitted: 1/15
Invited to interview: 2/10
Interviewed: 2/19
(Submitted transcript since it was delayed in arriving: 2/25)
Accepted: 3/3

Also, for those of you waiting on a decision post-interview, the email subject is "NYU Stern MBA Admissions" and you have to login to status check to see your decision. So don't panic over the lack of content in the email!

Congrats!! Can I just ask if the status changes on the status website or a different one? I interviewed last tuesday and am literally biting my nails off..

Good Luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
Congrats to everyone who has been invited to interview at Stern. I did my interview last year and it went well. A buddy of mine is interviewing next week, so I put together a Stern Interview Preparation Guideto help him and all of you out. Let me know what you think and if it helps. Good luck!

This is awesome. All I need now is an interview invite ;)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
yoavsusz wrote:
bioflyer wrote:
Just got my acceptance!

Also, for those of you waiting on a decision post-interview, the email subject is "NYU Stern MBA Admissions" and you have to login to status check to see your decision. So don't panic over the lack of content in the email!

Congrats!! Can I just ask if the status changes on the status website or a different one? I interviewed last tuesday and am literally biting my nails off..

Good Luck to everyone.

It's on the status website, and a button will appear on the bottom of the page that says "view status letter." Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Unfortunate that Stern does not mention mid decision deadlines......have people (round 3 applicants) received interview invites in mar as well?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
yoavsusz wrote:
bioflyer wrote:
Just got my acceptance!

Good Luck to everyone.

Congrats on getting invited for interview! The good news is that roughly 70% of people who are interviewed get accepted, so if you felt that the interview went well then you will probably get in. I heard back from Stern about 3 weeks after interviewing, but I interviewed right before Christmas break and they were out of office for 2 weeks. It seems that most people hear in 1 to 2 weeks, so you should hear pretty soon. Surprisingly, I got the email that my status was updated around 7 o’clock, so the admissions staff must be working late hours.

It surprises me that NYU’s acceptance rate is so low at 13%, but they are ranked 10th.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GRE 1: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
Received my invite to interview today off the waitlist! Needless to say I am very excited to have been given new life.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GPA: 3.04
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I have been invited to interview on March 13 for the Summer Start program. On the website it says "All applicants invited to interview are required to bring an official transcript from each school attended to the interview."
For anyone else who interviewed, did you have your school send you the transcript, and then hand carry that sealed envelope to the interview, or did you have the school mail it direct to Stern?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
SBK1986 wrote:
I have been invited to interview on March 13 for the Summer Start program. On the website it says "All applicants invited to interview are required to bring an official transcript from each school attended to the interview."
For anyone else who interviewed, did you have your school send you the transcript, and then hand carry that sealed envelope to the interview, or did you have the school mail it direct to Stern?

I had my transcripts sent to me sealed and with proof of seal on them (stamp or sticker or etc). I handed the sealed envelopes to the Admissions Committee in person. A week later I was accepted.

Good luck with the interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
How many wait listed candidates actually make it to the Stern MBA program? Any idea of the numbers?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
BschoolBound2014 wrote:
Received my invite to interview today off the waitlist! Needless to say I am very excited to have been given new life.

you got in tuck. you have to be absolutely crazy to attend nyu if you get it at tuck or duke.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Any Indian applicant received an interview invite yet ? Any idea when are the interviews being held in India ? Anyone ? :roll:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GRE 1: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
myleo wrote:
BschoolBound2014 wrote:

you got in tuck. you have to be absolutely crazy to attend nyu if you get it at tuck or duke.

You really think the decision is so cut and dry: Tuck > Stern? The new US News MBA Ranking comes out in 5 days but currently they are ranked back-to-back. Also, rankings would definitely not be the only factor should I be fortunate enough to have to make a decision.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
BschoolBound2014 wrote:
myleo wrote:
BschoolBound2014 wrote:

You really think the decision is so cut and dry: Tuck > Stern? The new US News MBA Ranking comes out in 5 days but currently they are ranked back-to-back. Also, rankings would definitely not be the only factor should I be fortunate enough to have to make a decision.

I wouldn't pay that last poster any mind. There is SO much more to consider than just a ranking or brand anyways. Ultimately, you have to choose what's best for accelerating your career aspirations. Should you get accepted to Stern, best of luck with the decision process and evaluating your options...but hopefully you choose to be a Sternie :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
myleo wrote:
BschoolBound2014 wrote:

What you want to do matters a lot in deciding between these three schools. Duke edges out Stern in management consulting for the top tier places, but its likely you will then be working in the southern offices of said top tier places. Tuck will have better odds of placing you in the northeast. Stern is a finance school and blows Tuck and Duke away in regards to access to investment banks; it also has the best access to NYC.

The three schools flip around in order of ranking in any given year and at this point hold relatively similar prestige. Almost anyone would consider these three schools (along with Berkeley and maybe Yale) in the same 'tier', but these schools do not have all the same recruiters. Each school gives you access to different networks with different strengths and weaknesses. Which of those three someone would select comes entirely down to what the person wants to do. If someone wants to work in anything finance, Stern is your choice. If someone wants management consulting at BCG from Stern, its still doable, just more difficult than coming from Duke or Dartmouth. That Stern student will still have excellent odds of being hired by Deloitte Consulting or Booz. If someone wants to work in NYC, a Stern student is going to have a significant advantage in networking over students at the other two. If someone wants to work in the Silicon Valley tech space, Berkeley has an obvious edge. If someone wants to be in the non-profit space, its practically required to go to Yale.

Applicants need to do their homework as to how the school will impact their career track. Each of these schools can enable people, but in very noticeably different ways. The best thing an applicant can do is talk to current students to learn about the recruiting environment for the fields the applicant is interested in. If someone decided between these schools solely based on rank when the US News point difference between these schools is miniscule, he would be doing himself a disservice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
SecondMBA wrote:
Any Indian applicant received an interview invite yet ? Any idea when are the interviews being held in India ? Anyone ? :roll:

I've been also waiting for the same! :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Now I know I just said ignore the rankings for schools in Stern's tier, but for those of you who are rankings obsessed, I felt I should point out Stern is within the top 10 yet again for the 2015 rankings per US News:

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/articles/2014/03/04/2015-best-graduate-schools-preview-top-10-business-schools

I can understand that for some, top 10 is an important psychological barrier. We'll find out more details on Tuesday.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Just got my accepted email twenty minutes ago.

Applied: 15 December 2013
Invited to Interview: 11 February 2014
Interviewed: 25 February 2014
Admitted: 7 March 2014

Can't wait to start!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert