Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:44 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
EA : submitted

did anyone else submit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Duke '17 (A$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
mocchachino wrote:

did anyone else submit?

Just submitted as well. Hopefully these next six weeks go quick.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 205
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
jmh2 wrote:
mocchachino wrote:

did anyone else submit?

Trying to :(. Anyone had trouble reducing the file size of your college transcripts? Mine won't go below a few MBs. Tried to convert marksheets from JPG to PDF and back in many ways.

:help2 :beat
Manager
Manager
Send PM
asgillette wrote:
Office Hours with a member of the Admissions Committee

I noticed there was an option to visit the school and attend an event "Office Hours with a member of the Admissions Committee". This sounds like a great opportunity to talk face to face with a member of the admissions committee. Does anyone have insight into the best use of this time? Based on what I found on the "Fuqua Visit Us Scheduling Tool" its is time for talking about admissions requirements and how to fill out the application. I was on the wait list last year and will be applying again so I do have some question about the specifics of being a re-applicant. If anyone has done this event in the past let me know.

Event Description
"Do you have a question about our admission requirements or completing your application? A member of the Admissions Committee will be available in the lobby for Office Hours each day of the Campus Visit Program. These sessions are optional for our visitors."

Hi there! Just got back from my campus visit yesterday and took the option of Office Hours with Adcom. All the visiting, prospective students were met by one Adcom member who came out to speak with us. She asked us about our experience in the school, what we liked in our class visit, if we had any specific questions that she could answer for us. Many of us asked things about the process, essay questions etc. We also had a reapplicant in our group, who too had questions about approaching the application this time around. Do note, that this will not be a one-on-one interaction but instead something you do with all other applicants visiting that day. Although you can definitely hang around at the end of the session to catch up briefly in person.

Hope that helped!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Duke '17 (A$)
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
MBAjunkie16 wrote:
jmh2 wrote:
mocchachino wrote:

did anyone else submit?

Trying to :(. Anyone had trouble reducing the file size of your college transcripts? Mine won't go below a few MBs. Tried to convert marksheets from JPG to PDF and back in many ways.

I initially had the same issue. I'm on a Mac, but when I converted my .jpeg to a .pdf I had the option to choose the image quality. By lowering the image quality I got under the size limit (I actually had to convert it from .jpeg to PDF and then convert that PDF to PDF...which was weird. But the PDF to PDF "conversion" was the only time I had the option to adjust the quality). Even on the lowest quality it still looked fine.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if that didn't work out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
KaptainK wrote:
hello people,

My recommender noticed a discrepancy while writing a recommendation letter for my application. I initially forwarded the questions I found on website to him and he prepared responses to those questions. But when he tried to submit his responses he noticed a different set of questions and he alerted me.

I am assuming this discrepancy is not on purpose. Anybody else notice this?

Questions on the website (https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/daytime-mba/a ... tructions/):
- Describe the peer group to which you are comparing the applicant.
- Comment on the applicant's interpersonal skills (effectiveness in establishing and maintaining relationships; working with peers, supervisors, and subordinates; willingness to work in a team environment).
- What do you consider the applicant's three primary talents or strengths? Please provide examples, if relevant.
- In what areas does the applicant need improvement or growth? If you have had the opportunity to provide the applicant with constructive feedback, please provide specific examples of the feedback and the applicant's response to it

Questions as seen by recommender:
- Comment briefly on the context of your interaction with the applicant.
- How do the applicant's performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?
- What do you perceive as the applicant's areas for growth? Describe the applicant's awareness of these areas and his/her response to constructive feedback.
- Please include additional comments you feel will be helpful to the Admissions Committee.

Noticed this too, but eventually requested my recommender to follow the second set of questions. To be honest, the second set seems more general, so a lot of the things he would have written as response to the first set can be re-used.

Submitted EA! Anybody know when the interview calls start coming in?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jmh2 wrote:
MBAjunkie16 wrote:
jmh2 wrote:

did anyone else submit?

I initially had the same issue. I'm on a Mac, but when I converted my .jpeg to a .pdf I had the option to choose the image quality. By lowering the image quality I got under the size limit (I actually had to convert it from .jpeg to PDF and then convert that PDF to PDF...which was weird. But the PDF to PDF "conversion" was the only time I had the option to adjust the quality). Even on the lowest quality it still looked fine.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if that didn't work out.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! Yea..it does seem to be a MAC issue #firstworldproblems :-D

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
just submitted my EA app as well. good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
Submitted my EA application last night! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for the next 6 weeks...Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
I'm very jealous you guys only have to wait 6 weeks to hear back. The 2+ months waiting for normal decisions is going to be brutal.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
krammer wrote:
KaptainK wrote:
hello people,

My recommender noticed a discrepancy while writing a recommendation letter for my application. I initially forwarded the questions I found on website to him and he prepared responses to those questions. But when he tried to submit his responses he noticed a different set of questions and he alerted me.

Questions on the website (https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/daytime-mba/a ... tructions/):
- Comment on the applicant's interpersonal skills (effectiveness in establishing and maintaining relationships; working with peers, supervisors, and subordinates; willingness to work in a team environment).
- What do you consider the applicant's three primary talents or strengths? Please provide examples, if relevant.
- In what areas does the applicant need improvement or growth? If you have had the opportunity to provide the applicant with constructive feedback, please provide specific examples of the feedback and the applicant's response to it

- How do the applicant's performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?
- What do you perceive as the applicant's areas for growth? Describe the applicant's awareness of these areas and his/her response to constructive feedback.
- Please include additional comments you feel will be helpful to the Admissions Committee.

Noticed this too, but eventually requested my recommender to follow the second set of questions. To be honest, the second set seems more general, so a lot of the things he would have written as response to the first set can be re-used.

Glad I am not the only one noticed this. Its real!

With all the essays floating around on my desk..I can't keep it straight in my head.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V161
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
krammer wrote:
KaptainK wrote:
hello people,

All invites were sent in a single wave on the interview decision 'deadline' day last year - Oct 8th.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Submitted on Tuesday, all in for EA!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Cubsfan87 wrote:
I'm very jealous you guys only have to wait 6 weeks to hear back. The 2+ months waiting for normal decisions is going to be brutal.

change that, apply EA! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Submitted for Early Action!

All the best everyone. Hopefully we will all see each other in Durham next year! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Okay I have a small issue. When I submitted the application on the 13th, it said Application Received on the admissions portal (self-service center). I just checked it again, and it says Application Incomplete, and that my official transcripts are still required. This is really strange and worrisome since I had attached the scanned copies of my official transcripts as asked. In fact, that is how I was able to proceed for app submission.

I have already mailed them to ask for clarification, but I wanted to know is anyone else who has applied for EA facing this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V161
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Does the PDF copy of your application contain the transcripts?

razordude1717 wrote:
Okay I have a small issue. When I submitted the application on the 13th, it said Application Received on the admissions portal (self-service center). I just checked it again, and it says Application Incomplete, and that my official transcripts are still required. This is really strange and worrisome since I had attached the scanned copies of my official transcripts as asked. In fact, that is how I was able to proceed for app submission.

I have already mailed them to ask for clarification, but I wanted to know is anyone else who has applied for EA facing this?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts