Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 03:36 It is currently 14 May 2024, 03:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Why would you be waiting for an interview invite as an EA? Why didn't you just pick a slot in the open interview?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
DriverStuBenedict wrote:
Why would you be waiting for an interview invite as an EA? Why didn't you just pick a slot in the open interview?

Some of us don't live in the US unfortunately. We don't have that luxury. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Duke '17 (A$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
deleted

Originally posted by BSchool85 on 06 Oct 2014, 21:45.
Last edited by BSchool85 on 29 Dec 2016, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
razordude1717 wrote:
DriverStuBenedict wrote:

Some of us don't live in the US unfortunately. We don't have that luxury. :(

LOL. I wish I could say more but :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Any Idea what ET will the invites start rolling out ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Great People & Experiences at Fuqua’s Weekend for Women
By Becca Shepherd, first-year Daytime MBA student in the Class of 2016.

Weekend for Women (W4W) is hosted each fall by Fuqua’s Office of Admissions, and it’s kind of like summer camp, but on hyperdrive. You’ll be surrounded by other women who are exploring The Duke MBA for 48-plus hours and you’ll get to know some of them really well during that time. Lucky for me, some of my favorite people from the W4W that I attended decided to come to Fuqua too, and we reunited in August to begin spending the next two amazing years together.

Even before attending the event, I was already being connected with other prospective applicants. A Fuqua student who was organizing W4W contacted me about another woman who was coming from San Francisco—like me! We were even on the same flight to Durham and shared a cab to campus from the airport. We instantly bonded over our shared experiences working for non-profits, coming from the Bay Area, and the woes of applying to business school.

On the first night of W4W, there was a mixer at a local wine bar to let all of the attendees get to know one another and casually chat with current students at Fuqua. We were among the last people to arrive and I was worried I’d be too groggy and not have the energy to talk to anyone, but meeting these women was worth the trip alone. I was astonished at how many places, industries and backgrounds were represented amongst our group. The broad representation really proved how diverse your exposure will be at Duke.

Group photo of the 2013 Weekend for Women attendees
Fuqua covers lodging and meals during the event, and I finally met my roommate for the weekend once I made it back to the hotel later that night. She was coming from Winston-Salem, about an hour west of Durham. She was originally from South Carolina, went to Clemson University, and was a mechanical engineer. At first, I didn’t think we had anything in common: I was coming from a big city on the West Coast, had a non-profit background, and had never been to North Carolina before. However, it didn’t take long for us to realize we had plenty in common—and little did we know at the time that we were going to be great friends going forward.

The next 48 hours were a whirlwind. We’d wake up early in the morning and have a full day of events ahead of us. We learned about the school’s curriculum (including a mock class with a Fuqua professor), different career tracks, the Financial Aid process, and leadership opportunities for women. One of my favorite parts was the International Opportunities Session where a handful of current students talked to us about their international travels, consulting projects, and study abroad exchanges. It was very intimate and informal, perfect for gaining an inside view into all of the different opportunities Fuqua has to offer.

Even if you are still unsure about going to business school, I highly recommend applying for Weekend for Women. The event provides an invaluable chance for you to see if an MBA, and specifically The Duke MBA, is right for you. Whether you’re currently applying or just beginning to think about your grad school options, W4W will help you understand what you can get out of business school, and you’ll get to meet some truly remarkable women along the way.

A little something extra… If you make it out to W4W and you have time, stay an extra day! I flew out early Monday morning, so I had most of Sunday to explore Durham on my own. I wandered around the Central Park neighborhood where I sampled beer at the local brewery Fullsteam, caught a Wounded Warrior Amputee softball game at Durham Athletic Park, and ate lunch at Geer Street Garden. I quickly learned how vibrant of a community Durham really is and that this California girl could not only survive, but thrive living in the South for a couple years.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: From the Moment I Set Foot on Fuqua’s Campus, I Felt the Team – Part Two

Guest blogger Simon Moore-Crouch

Guest blogger Rachael Lambert
Rachel Lambert, alumna and MBAA Vice President from the Class of 2014 interviews Simon Moore-Crouch, alumnus and MBAA President from the Class of 2014. Read part one of her blog post here.

Rachael: Simon, now that 4 months have passed since we graduated I am curious to know, if Team Fuqua were an animal what would it be and why?

Simon: I think it would still have to be a meerkat for me. The sense of community within Team Fuqua is so strong and that has continued to be evident post-graduation. We really look after each other, and work together to ensure the success of every member and the whole. When you combine that with the amount of fun we have when we get together it makes the meerkat the perfect fit!

Rachael: Working with the MBA Association (MBAA) Executive Cabinet was truly the highlight of my MBA experience, why do you think they were so effective at helping shape the Team Fuqua Values?

Simon: First off I’d say the group was really purposeful about taking on the challenge of shaping the values as our main mission as the MBAA Executive Cabinet. We clearly made it our ‘raison d’etre’ and this meant everyone invested their time and energy into the project. That being said, I think the sole reason that we were so effective was that the group who made up the Cabinet was motivated to take on their roles purely by their intense passion for Team Fuqua. At the core of who they are was this belief in what Team Fuqua is and can be, and they took on the responsibility of pushing the concept forward in a new way.

Rachael: What do you think it means to ‘define’ Team Fuqua and why was it so important to do?

Simon: Part of the beauty of Fuqua is that the community is so diverse. It’s made up of people from different countries and cultures, with different career goals or different interests. It gives us a great strength and enables so many different experiences of what it means to be a part of Team Fuqua. That’s great, but it makes it really hard for people to have a reference point that brings all those experiences together and enables them to communicate them in a common language. By developing the values it’s possible to celebrate all these different experiences of what it means to be a part of Team Fuqua and to tie them together in a common understanding of the greater whole. It’s particularly powerful when you think about its application to admissions and telling the stories of what makes the Fuqua experience the best business school experience in the world.

Rachael: I know we’ve discussed that these values are so much bigger than just the students who are currently at Fuqua. How do you think these values follow Fuqua alumni into their futures?

Simon: Being a Fuquan is like adding another surname to your name. You carry it around with you for the rest of your life, and it becomes part of who you are. That plays out in how you pursue your career, how you build your family life and how you develop as a person. Hopefully the values can play a role in that development so that as Fuquans living our post-business school lives, we become known for being driven by principles such as these. I think that has incredible power for the school and alumni in the long term.

Rachael: How do you think these values apply to the greater Fuqua and Duke communities?

Simon: Fuqua really is a much bigger community than just the group of students. We talked a lot about the incredible staff and faculty that are such an important part of Team Fuqua, and we tried to take that into account as we formulated the values. The response to the values from those groups was just as enthusiastic as the response from our classmates. I can think of so many instances of staff and faculty exhibiting the values, and that is something we should celebrate and encourage.

Rachael: Which of the values do you feel most exemplifies your own and the leader you are or would like to be?

Simon: During our graduation speech I talked about supportive ambition and my experience training for a marathon, with the support of my classmates, while at Fuqua. I had so many people train with me, send me emails of support, hold me accountable to my training plan, and even run the last 3 miles of the actual race with me. They supported my ambition to tick a marathon off my bucket list, just as I tried to support their ambitions—be it securing a job in the hospitality industry or their desire to travel to my home country of Australia. The idea that you can be ambitious personally while also supporting the ambitions of those around you is super-powerful. It all comes back to the concept that a rising tide lifts all boats. Your individual success doesn’t have to come at the expense of others. If you approach it in the right way, your success can help others have their own success, which in turn makes the whole community more successful. This is definitely the value that resonates with me the most and guides a lot of my own leadership. I really aim to practice this in my day-to-day life.

Rachael: What is your advice for incoming students on how to use the values to enhance their experience at Fuqua?

Simon: When you decide to come to Fuqua you become a member of Team Fuqua, and with that comes the responsibility to truly be an active member of our community. I’d recommend incoming students take the time to read and listen to stories of their classmates, alumni, staff and faculty who have lived out our values so they have a greater understanding of what being a Fuquan really means. Then the question to think about is—how can I add my own story to this collection? What makes everyone treasure Fuqua is the people. So you have to think, what are you going to do so that those who come after you want to be a part of this incredible place too? Those before you have done something that made you want to be a part of this, so how are you going to do something similar for someone else? Thinking about this in the frame of the values enables you to add your own story and have it connect to the rich thread of stories we have had since the very concept of Team Fuqua was born.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Schools: Duke '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
alwaysudit wrote:

according to last year threads, some members had mentioned receiving the invite by 8.20AM.
not sure which time.. zone.. though.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
myside888 wrote:
alwaysudit wrote:

according to last year threads, some members had mentioned receiving the invite by 8.20AM.

Its past 8:20AM ET now, i guess the invites would roll out by Noon ET
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alwaysudit wrote:
myside888 wrote:
alwaysudit wrote:

Its past 8:20AM ET now, i guess the invites would roll out by Noon ET

11.30/Noon ET seems about right.
the timings shown here correspond to PDT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Send PM
jmh2 wrote:
EA applicant here who already scheduled an open interview -- good luck to everybody tomorrow! Wishing you all the best.

Did anybody else in my situation get an email from a current student today? The student was just connecting to see if I had any questions about the process, pretty standard stuff (got my info from an admissions associate). Is this standard for everybody who has an interview lined up, or can I cling to this as being a sign that my app hasn't been thrown in the trash yet.......

(yeah, I'm looking way too far into things at this point)

Its quite possible that the student who contacted you might take your interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone got a notification?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
not yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
myside888 wrote:
not yet.

just logged onto SIS to check as well, nothing there too :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
The wait is getting... excruciating.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Time is 11:55 ET ......anyone else who is nervous ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nothing yet??
GMAT Club Bot