Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:54 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Any clues when the interview invites will start rolling out ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.6
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
alwaysudit wrote:
Any clues when the interview invites will start rolling out ?

On the 7th.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
yup Oct 7 as shown on their website. should just be mass email to check SISS portal to see you get invite or not. best of luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
best of luck to everyone!
on-campus interviews are very casual. I guess off campus will be similar.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So they would be rolling out all the interview invites together , rather than on splitting them over a couple of day
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.6
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
alwaysudit wrote:
So they would be rolling out all the interview invites together , rather than on splitting them over a couple of day

Yes, in one go on the Tuesday. That's how it was last year. Some applicants got an email asking them to check SISS. Some applicants checked SISS before they got the email and found that they were invited.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M$)
Send PM
Hey, does anyone know whether we have to send our official scores with or before the applications or can we send the official scores once we get accepted?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LTN99 wrote:
Hey, does anyone know whether we have to send our official scores with or before the applications or can we send the official scores once we get accepted?

You will need to send the scores with your application , else your application will not be reviewed
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M$)
Send PM
alwaysudit wrote:
LTN99 wrote:

You will need to send the scores with your application , else your application will not be reviewed

Got it! Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
For the 25 things question, are we allowed to include pictures in the Word document/PDF file that we upload? Or does it strictly have to be just the list of 25 things?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
wluck wrote:
For the 25 things question, are we allowed to include pictures in the Word document/PDF file that we upload? Or does it strictly have to be just the list of 25 things?

i'm not sure personally as i never heard of or tried that myself.. but when you look at the app proof prior to submission everything is in black and white which i assume is what the adcom sees.. thus i would probably play it safe and not go with any photos unless they really make an impact on your 25 things list. also note they might be black and white only. if you def want to add it, i'd send and email to adcom team to seek confirmation. hope this helps
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
homeone wrote:
wluck wrote:

i'm not sure personally as i never heard of or tried that myself.. but when you look at the app proof prior to submission everything is in black and white which i assume is what the adcom sees.. thus i would probably play it safe and not go with any photos unless they really make an impact on your 25 things list. also note they might be black and white only. if you def want to add it, i'd send and email to adcom team to seek confirmation. hope this helps

Someone asked the same question at the information session I attended and Jake was pretty non-committal in the way he answered it. From what I understood, it is something that people have done before and they don't have a specific preference either way. The black and white thing is interesting, so you might have to take that into account if you decide to put in some pictures.

But is it necessary? Nope. I almost considered doing it because I thought it might make things more interesting, but I didn't want it to come across as gimmicky. I found that I could get my point across without the use of pictures, so they weren't adding much value to my essay. Plus, they would take up a lot of space and I'd have to cut down on content. I'd say go for it if you really want to, but be cautious (only put them in if they are adding real value) and don't overdo it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
neo656 wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:
FurrowedBrow, though I didn't attach my degree, my trancripts do contain the date conferred. I have asked them for clarification... let's see what the response is. Will it affect my candidacy for EA?

razordude1717 - has there been any development on your transcript issue? would be good to know about updates.
:peek

Sorry for the late reply neo656 (the end of application season is really getting to me!). They were very prompt in their reply. They apologized for the confusion and said that for my particular University, they would like to receive a copy of the degree too. As soon as I got the mail, I replied back with the needful, and within 20 mins, they replied saying that my application is complete. They changed the status too almost immediately. Left a good impression on me in the end :).

To the rest, ALL THE BEST for tomorrow! :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
homeone wrote:
wluck wrote:

Someone asked the same question at the information session I attended and Jake was pretty non-committal in the way he answered it. From what I understood, it is something that people have done before and they don't have a specific preference either way. The black and white thing is interesting, so you might have to take that into account if you decide to put in some pictures.

But is it necessary? Nope. I almost considered doing it because I thought it might make things more interesting, but I didn't want it to come across as gimmicky. I found that I could get my point across without the use of pictures, so they weren't adding much value to my essay. Plus, they would take up a lot of space and I'd have to cut down on content. I'd say go for it if you really want to, but be cautious (only put them in if they are adding real value) and don't overdo it.

Well, I did mail the Admissions Office about this and they said that you're allowed to do it. But I decided to not do that simply because it would have taken too much space.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
All the best for tomorrow guys . I must admit that I am a little nervous!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
alwaysudit wrote:
All the best for tomorrow guys . I must admit that I am a little nervous!!

Good Luck brother!
I am a little nervous too :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [3]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Few notes from my visit to Fuqua on 04-Oct:

I was on a road trip visiting Darden and Fuqua last week. It is one thing to go through the website, blogs, videos etc but what you can learn from visiting is so much greater. I signed up for career center presentation, student curriculum panel, partners info session, tour w/ lunch and student panel to answer any general questions.

I was surprised that there were so many people visiting/interviewing that day. There must be around 25 people. I think only two or three of us were there just for visiting. I didn’t sign up for interview.

First thing I noticed was that everything is student run. I saw just one adcom person sitting at a table talking to SY interviewers. Other than that everything else is student run. Lounge area was set up such that people can sit in groups of 5-6. Each group has one FY/SY chatting/answering questions from the group. If any group doesn’t have any Fuquan, they are actually engaging the visitors to chat. I like that they are coming out to help rather than waiting for us to go to them. Everything is well organized (by students of course). 2-3 interviews are on-going in the adjacent rooms while everybody else is chatting in lounge area.

Interviews: SYs are interviewing candidates. I did not see any admissions person interviewing. It seemed like they find a matching background SY (professional, country of origin etc.) to interview the candidates. All interviewed people said that the interview was very nice and comfortable. No pressure at all. All the questions were expected – why mba, why now, why Fuqua.

The place is not very big but I like that fact. Everything is under one roof – classes, auditoriums, fox center is on first floor, library, team rooms, faculty officers were on second floor and admissions, fin aid, career center were on third floor.

CMC presentation involved talking about the latest employment info (class of 2014) – deloitte tops the list with 31 hires, followed by amazon, microsoft with 10 each. I don’t remember the rest of the numbers. 94% got jobs within 3 months after graduation.

Curriculum panel involved 2 SYs and 1 FY. I was surprised to learn that about 25% of the class major in HSM. To me, that’s a good thing. Post-graduation, you will have a large network in healthcare industry. Class starts way ahead of every other school in early August. Global institute work takes place for one month followed by two terms in fall and two terms in spring. Each term is 6 weeks long. You have to be prepared to manage the fast paced learning.

My wife was very much impressed by quality of people she met. She asked more questions than I did and networked with more people than me. :shock: She got few email ids of the partners and started communicating with them already. So I think partners association convinced her already.

Shoot if you guys have any questions.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts