Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 15:43 It is currently 08 May 2024, 15:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 187
Send PM
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
OfficialGMAT,

Hi Jeremy,

I am trying to install the GMAT Prep Exam Pack and Question Pack 1. However, it keeps throwing NLS error.

Can you please help? The error details:
NLS error 1060:Service does not exist

Thanks
Monty
Attachments

File comment: Screenshot of the error
NLS Error.png
NLS Error.png [ 162.87 KiB | Viewed 3043 times ]

Originally posted by montys80 on 27 Mar 2015, 12:54.
Last edited by montys80 on 27 Mar 2015, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73114 [0]
Given Kudos: 18936
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
montys80 wrote:
OfficialGMAT,

Hi Rebecca,

I am trying to install the GMAT Prep Exam Pack and Question Pack 1. However, it keeps throwing NLS error.

Thanks
Ujjwal

Did you google it and try resolving using the results found that way?
Esp. since you are using a windows app on Linux?

Also, it appears you are trying to install GMAT Prep, not Question/Exam Packs.... from your screenshot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
montys80 wrote:
OfficialGMAT,

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks
Ujjwal

Also, it appears you are trying to install GMAT Prep, not Question/Exam Packs.... from your screenshot.

Thanks bb! Yes. I was trying to re-install the GMAT Prep. I was successful in doing that. When i tried to install the exam pack, it throws me this error. Have already mailed GMAC.
I am using Ubuntu OS. However, work-arounds are available for installation. I am able to install the GMAT Prep but not the Exam pack.
Any pointers are welcome.
Send PM
Expert Reply
montys80 wrote:
bb wrote:
montys80 wrote:
OfficialGMAT,

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks
Ujjwal

Thanks bb! Yes. I was trying to re-install the GMAT Prep. I was successful in doing that. When i tried to install the exam pack, it throws me this error. Have already mailed GMAC.
I am using Ubuntu OS. However, work-arounds are available for installation. I am able to install the GMAT Prep but not the Exam pack.
Any pointers are welcome.

Hello,

Please try the following:

1. Go to services ( type "services.msc" in your Run box)
2. Make sure your event log service under "services" is in running mode. If not, just start it.
3. Make sure your NLS (Network List service) is in running mode. If not, please start it and try installing the package again.

If you are still unable to download the free GMATPrep application, please send a screenshot of the error message you are receiving to gmatprep@mba.com.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. I am running a Linux machine. Not sure if this work-around you have suggested would work.

Pls confirm. I actually tried doing what you suggested but could not find services.msc

Thanks
Monty
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OfficialGMAT
Hi Jeremy,

I am giving some more information which could help you identify the problem.

1. I am able to install the GMAT Prep. This happens despite the NLS prompt thrown during the installation.
2. I am able to at least install the GMAT Exam Pack 1. However, when I try to activate the pack, it goes into a loop.The same loop appears when I try to activate using a web portal. I haven't tried the telephone, but I am guessing it will be no different.
3. I am not able to install the GMAT Prep Question Pack. No activity takes place once I select the installer through the "Install additional Content" button. I tried running the installer after closing the GMAT Prep software as well. It did not go through in that case as well
4. Browser Information: Google Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101 (64-bit). Ubuntu version is 12.04 LTS

Please let me know if you need any more information.
Send PM
Expert Reply
montys80 wrote:
OfficialGMAT
Hi Jeremy,

1. I am able to install the GMAT Prep. This happens despite the NLS prompt thrown during the installation.
2. I am able to at least install the GMAT Exam Pack 1. However, when I try to activate the pack, it goes into a loop.The same loop appears when I try to activate using a web portal. I haven't tried the telephone, but I am guessing it will be no different.
3. I am not able to install the GMAT Prep Question Pack. No activity takes place once I select the installer through the "Install additional Content" button. I tried running the installer after closing the GMAT Prep software as well. It did not go through in that case as well
4. Browser Information: Google Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101 (64-bit). Ubuntu version is 12.04 LTS

Hello,

The software is not compatible with Linux. You will need to install it on a machine that supports one of the following operating systems.

• Windows: Windows XP® with SP3; Windows Vista® with SP2; Windows 7®; Windows 8®
• Mac: OS X v10.6; OS X v10.7; OS X v10.8, OS X v10.9

Please let me know if there is any other assistance we can provide.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
montys80 wrote:
OfficialGMAT
Hi Jeremy,

Hello,

The software is not compatible with Linux. You will need to install it on a machine that supports one of the following operating systems.

• Windows: Windows XP® with SP3; Windows Vista® with SP2; Windows 7®; Windows 8®

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I realized that. Consequently, I installed Windows 8 on my machine. Now, when I try to set up the installers, it prompts "License already used". Happens for both the question pack and exam pack.

Please let me know if you can help me.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
montys80 wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
montys80 wrote:
OfficialGMAT
Hi Jeremy,

Hello,

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I realized that. Consequently, I installed Windows 8 on my machine. Now, when I try to set up the installers, it prompts "License already used". Happens for both the question pack and exam pack.

Please let me know if you can help me.
Thanks

Hi Jeremy,

At the very least, my experience with the GMAT customer support is harrowing. They are not responding to my emails and the voice support never actually reaches to human. I have tried to get my case resolved. It has not come through. I am not sure what seems to be the problem. The license keys when used on Windows are reported to have been "used already". Moreover, when I try de-activating the code, it throws "Product not licensed".

I have shared my order ID with you over PM. Can you please have someone look into it?

Hoping for at least a response. Your customer team has been ever elusive on this.

Thanks
Send PM
GMAT Prep Camp: April 14th through April 16th [#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMAT Prep Camp is coming soon.

Speak with the makers of the GMAT exam and the schools that use it in admissions on April 14th, 15th and 16th. Plus, you can win GMAT study prizes and a GMAT exam voucher.

Don’t miss out: https://www.mba.com/prepcamp2015?CID=5D70CC10-9C47-44F9-A858-2ECA25E8159C&WT.mc_ID=camp-gclub&source=gc
Attachments

2015_GMATPrepCamp_1200x627_FB.jpg
2015_GMATPrepCamp_1200x627_FB.jpg [ 203.12 KiB | Viewed 2860 times ]

Send PM
Expert Reply
The GMAT® team goes live today.

On April 14th, 15th and 16th, find out everything you need to know about the GMAT® exam and b-school with free live Q&A chats. Plus, you can win GMAT study prizes and a GMAT exam voucher. Don’t miss out: https://www.mba.com/prepcamp2015?CID=5D70CC10-9C47-44F9-A858-2ECA25E8159C&WT.mc_ID=camp-gclub&source=gc
Attachments

2015_GMATPrepCamp_800x600_FB.jpg
2015_GMATPrepCamp_800x600_FB.jpg [ 167.47 KiB | Viewed 2760 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 432 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Hello GMAC Officials :

I am feeling tired and extremely distressed on the findings by APAC GMAT officals . I raised a concern and my incident ticket number is 206868407.

It is my humble request to GMAC official here to kindly intervene in the ongoing investigation conducted by APAC GMAT Team official . The complain was against the unfair practice by the test coordinators at test center - THINK EDUCATION ADVISORY SERVICES LLP. ( Bangalore , India)

The first response by APAC GMAT Team official that wait time was less than 20 mins and then the exam was resumed is absolutely false .I can be as sure as death that exam conducted after 30 Mins of break . so , I have replied to his incorrect finding with the hard core evidence .

I am pretty sure that the next finding will be that "we did not see any one behind you during test" .Before it gets too late , I kindly request the GMAC officials to have some one assigned and conduct a fair investigation. I am ready to answer any question they have for me .

My questions are -why is the investigation not conducted in a fair manner ? What have they done to find out my first concern - Just called up the TA ?

I don't know how fairly the tests are conducted and how biased the reports are after this incident , but I am starting to lose faith . I gave the evidence that I received a call from the test center to come back and write the test at cetain hour ( narrated in the mail to APAC offical ) . Did they not see the recording what time I left the chair after the outage started and at what time I sat on the chair after I was called to the test center . Or are the videos tampered ?

My only fault is - I choose a wrong GMAT Center to appear for the test that has highly unprofessional test coordinators . I have raised this concern to <pvapcustomerservice@pearson.com>

I request the GMAC officials in GC to please understand the turmoil one has to go through because of this . Even if I reappear for the test again I will be scared that this incident could repeat again and no one is there to listen to me . Please guide me in the right direction as I know the subsequent findings are going to be false like the first one .

UPDATE : I spoke to customer representative named - Nisha & her Supervisor named Murphy .

Nisha updated me on call that the staff at the the test center have acknowledged that there was a server error in between the test. However, I have not received any such update on mail. There is no mention of tampering with the system that I have clearly specified in the Mail.

For some reasons the GMAC - Asia team is showing excessive unfair partiality to the TAs at the test center. Moreover,trying to manipulate statements so that I am not entitled to retake the test . What they do not understand is a candidate will not go through this much effort to ask for a fair chance if he/she is manipulating . Murphy ( customer representative) asked me to wait for more days and then wait for a response from Aditya P who is doing the research . How much long they want me to wait now ....?It takes 1 week from the coordinator to reply and that too incorrectly . I am tired of following up with them.

Regards
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [2]
Send PM
GMAC Cancels Scores[Mass cancelation in Bangalore] [#permalink]
Kudos