It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 13:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 37

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 06:49
Thank you Jeremy for looking into the issue on priority .

Regards!

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 37

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Official GMAC Representative

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 09:37
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
gmatquant25 wrote:
Hello GMAC Officials :

I am feeling tired and extremely distressed on the findings by APAC GMAT officals . I raised a concern and my incident ticket number is 206868407.

It is my humble request to GMAC official here to kindly intervene in the ongoing investigation conducted by APAC GMAT Team official . The complain was against the unfair practice by the test coordinators at test center - THINK EDUCATION ADVISORY SERVICES LLP. ( Bangalore , India)

The first response by APAC GMAT Team official that wait time was less than 20 mins and then the exam was resumed is absolutely false .I can be as sure as death that exam conducted after 30 Mins of break . so , I have replied to his incorrect finding with the hard core evidence .

I am pretty sure that the next finding will be that "we did not see any one behind you during test" .Before it gets too late , I kindly request the GMAC officials to have some one assigned and conduct a fair investigation. I am ready to answer any question they have for me .

My questions are -why is the investigation not conducted in a fair manner ? What have they done to find out my first concern - Just called up the TA ?

I don't know how fairly the tests are conducted and how biased the reports are after this incident , but I am starting to lose faith . I gave the evidence that I received a call from the test center to come back and write the test at cetain hour ( narrated in the mail to APAC offical ) . Did they not see the recording what time I left the chair after the outage started and at what time I sat on the chair after I was called to the test center . Or are the videos tampered ?

My only fault is - I choose a wrong GMAT Center to appear for the test that has highly unprofessional test coordinators . I have raised this concern to <pvapcustomerservice@pearson.com>

I request the GMAC officials in GC to please understand the turmoil one has to go through because of this . Even if I reappear for the test again I will be scared that this incident could repeat again and no one is there to listen to me . Please guide me in the right direction as I know the subsequent findings are going to be false like the first one .

UPDATE : I spoke to customer representative named - Nisha & her Supervisor named Murphy .

Nisha updated me on call that the staff at the the test center have acknowledged that there was a server error in between the test. However, I have not received any such update on mail. There is no mention of tampering with the system that I have clearly specified in the Mail.

For some reasons the GMAC - Asia team is showing excessive unfair partiality to the TAs at the test center. Moreover,trying to manipulate statements so that I am not entitled to retake the test . What they do not understand is a candidate will not go through this much effort to ask for a fair chance if he/she is manipulating . Murphy ( customer representative) asked me to wait for more days and then wait for a response from Aditya P who is doing the research . How much long they want me to wait now ....?It takes 1 week from the coordinator to reply and that too incorrectly . I am tired of following up with them.

Regards

Hello,

I understand your deep concern about this issue. We have your information and are escalating this through the proper channels. Thank you for providing the level of detail you have here and on other channels. This really helps us to assist you. I will be sure to reach out as soon as I have an update for you. Thank you.

Jeremy

Update: Our Customer Care team is currently following up with Pearson VUE's coordinators to determine next steps. We will get you this information as soon as possible, of course, but due the processes that must be completed, it could take as long as two working days to provide you with a response. Thank you.

Update: This incident has been forwarded to the Exam Review Team for further investigation. You will be contacted via email as soon as the investigation has been completed. If we do not have a final answer/update by the end of this week, you will receive a message informing you of where your issue is in the process. Thank you for your patience.

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 1

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28513 [0], given: 5114

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2015, 09:59
I am terribly sorry to hear about these issues across so many folks who are GMAT Club members (meaning there are quite a few others who are not)
This seems as a pretty widespread issue... maybe it it warrants splitting it off into a thread of its own....

Please continue that discussion here: gmac-cancels-gmat-scores-199372.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Affiliations: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 80

GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2015, 11:39
BB
I just can't agree more that this issue demands a seperate threat. If someone faces such an issue in future , a plain google search will lead to that thread.

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 80

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 58

WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2015, 04:41
Hello GMAC Representatives,

I would like to know from bb & GMAC if any bundle discounts are available like the one for the exam pack & question pack 1 for GMAT club premium members.

Also, I would like to know more on the pricing of the books which differs a lot on various sources online.

Can you post official store link from where we can purchase the entire OG, Verbal & quant reviews directly.

Thanks,
Ankush

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 58

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2015, 17:43
I think you are going to have to scavange the web for your local prices.
In the US Amazon tends to have the best prices on books. If you are somewhere else, then a local seller may be able to beat the price. The GMAC's mba.com store seems to have the standard prices, which is the normal practice among the publishers for books.

As to software, I don't believe you can buy anywhere else except the GMAC's store (Premium Membership bundles come from there as well) and besides an occasional extra 5% discount, I don't think I have seen it ever for sale for less than $65.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2015, 06:44
ankushbagwale wrote:
Hello GMAC Representatives,

I would like to know from bb & GMAC if any bundle discounts are available like the one for the exam pack & question pack 1 for GMAT club premium members.

Also, I would like to know more on the pricing of the books which differs a lot on various sources online.

Can you post official store link from where we can purchase the entire OG, Verbal & quant reviews directly.

Thanks,
Ankush

Hello Ankush,

You can purchase the 2016 editions of Official Guide, plus the Verbal and Quantitative supplements, all updated with 25% new content, as a bundle here: http://www.mba.com/global/store/store-c ... ction.aspx.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2015, 12:05
Technical note: the Technical Requirements for the GMATPrep extension packs are only compatible with MAC OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9. Our developer is working diligently to update the software.

There is a workaround that allows you to install and activate the additional content manually. Note - some users are having issues activating the additional content with the newly released OS. If you are still unable to install and activate the additional content, you will need to try to install the software on another machine or a refund will be issued.

Please follow the steps below to manually install the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1:

1. Open the GMATPrep application
2. Click Settings at the bottom left of the GMATPrep software homepage.
3. Click the Installed Content tab
4. On the bottom right of the Installed Content tab, click Install Additional Content button.
5. Locate the exam pack file on your computer
6. Click OK.
7. Then click the Activate button to activate your exam pack.

If you have any questions, please reply here or contact gmatprep@mba.com for further assistance.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2015, 05:12
Hi OfficialGMAT,

I wanted to review my GMATPrep Test 1 score on another computer that has the software installed. Although I logged in using my user name and password, I am unable to see my score report. Instead, I see the score report of the previous user. Is there any way I can view my score report on another computer?

Thanks,

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 5

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2015, 06:01
ChiGMAT wrote:
Hi OfficialGMAT,

I wanted to review my GMATPrep Test 1 score on another computer that has the software installed. Although I logged in using my user name and password, I am unable to see my score report. Instead, I see the score report of the previous user. Is there any way I can view my score report on another computer?

Thanks,

Hello,

It sounds like you're using a communal computer; hence, the ability to view someone else’s practice exam history. Our software can be installed on multiple machines, but since the tool is not web-based, each installation will run independently of the others. In order to view your past scores, you will need to login to the machine where you completed your practice test. Side note: in general, we recommend not installing and using the GMATPrep software on public and shared computers, because it leads to issues such as the one you described.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 43

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2015, 03:47
Hello,

Is the question pool for the two free exams in the GMATPrep software ever updated? If so, is it whenever you release a new version of the software itself?

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 43

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2015, 07:11
erikvm wrote:
Hello,

Is the question pool for the two free exams in the GMATPrep software ever updated? If so, is it whenever you release a new version of the software itself?

Hello,

No, the question pool for the software remains the same, but if you'd like new questions, we do offer additional question and exam packs for the software on our store: http://www.mba.com/store. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Best of luck on your exam.

Jeremy

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2015, 14:13
Hi
I had a couple of doubts about scheduling my GMAT.

1. I have moved to US recently on a work Visa - what form of Photo Identification do I need to provide at the test center. People use passport in my home country(India), not sure if I can use the same in the US. My passport meets all the requirements mentioned on the website, i.e,
a. my name exactly same as mentioned on GMAT website while making the appointment.
b. recent,recognizable photo
c. signature and date of birth

What I need to know is whether I would require a secondary photo id as well or just my passport would suffice.

2. If I have to reschedule my GMAT, I understand that I have to pay $50 if I reschedule it at least 7 days prior to the exam date. My question is can I choose to change both the date and the centre during rescheduling for the $50. Or do I need to pay $100: $50 for change of date and $50 for change of centre. The question may sound naive , but I still wanted to confirm

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2015, 10:59
subchatt wrote:
Hi
I had a couple of doubts about scheduling my GMAT.

1. I have moved to US recently on a work Visa - what form of Photo Identification do I need to provide at the test center. People use passport in my home country(India), not sure if I can use the same in the US. My passport meets all the requirements mentioned on the website, i.e,
a. my name exactly same as mentioned on GMAT website while making the appointment.
b. recent,recognizable photo
c. signature and date of birth

What I need to know is whether I would require a secondary photo id as well or just my passport would suffice.

2. If I have to reschedule my GMAT, I understand that I have to pay $50 if I reschedule it at least 7 days prior to the exam date. My question is can I choose to change both the date and the centre during rescheduling for the $50. Or do I need to pay $100: $50 for change of date and $50 for change of centre. The question may sound naive , but I still wanted to confirm

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with your questions about the exam. Please refer to the link below for the Country Specific ID policy. If you are testing outside your country of citizenship, you must present a valid passport, which you referenced, so that will be sufficient. http://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/pre ... tions.aspx.

The reschedule fee is USD$50.00, and this is a one time fee per transaction. If you change the date and location at the same time, the charge will be $50. If you change the date today, and the location next week, you will be charged $50 each time.

If you have any other questions or items you'd like to clarify, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2015, 10:14
GMAC just launched three new features to improve and streamline the GMAT exam experience for test takers, as we announced here last month.

Cancelled Scores Removed from Score Reports
Repeat Exams Allowed after 16 Days
Authentication Code Replaced with Date of Birth

Read more about these changes and what they mean for you on our blog. Also, as always, if you have any questions about these changes, feel free to ask right here.

http://www.mba.com/controlthegmat

Thanks,
Jeremy

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Expert Post
Math Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 1725 [0], given: 792

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2015, 08:54
OfficialGMAT wrote:
GMAC just launched three new features to improve and streamline the GMAT exam experience for test takers, as we announced here last month.

Cancelled Scores Removed from Score Reports
Repeat Exams Allowed after 16 Days
Authentication Code Replaced with Date of Birth

Read more about these changes and what they mean for you on our blog. Also, as always, if you have any questions about these changes, feel free to ask right here.

http://www.mba.com/controlthegmat

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy ( OfficialGMAT ),

I have got a few suggestions that many people would definitely want to be incorporated into the GMATPREP

1. In the free version of GMATPREP or with Exam Pack 1, ability to select what section(s) should be covered in a CAT. Let's say I only want to practice 41 questions in verbal, I would not be willing to spend the first 15-20 minutes randomly guessing through IR and then Quant options just to get to the verbal section. I believe the functionality to select what section(s) I want to have in my CAT will immensely help all the test takers.

2. In Question pack 1, I think the layout should be made similar to actual GMAT or even GMATPREP CAT background. This will help the test takers to make them feel comfortable when they are giving their GMAT.

3. For question pack 1, there should be an option to create mini mocks or a sectional mock of 37 or 41 questions that are timed and also provided a rough range of score based on the difficulty similar to what you have done with GMAT FOCUS. There is no such tool for verbal. The large number of questions in question pack 1 can be used to easily create 5 mini mocks for test takers to practice. Currently there is no 'test mode' in question pack 1.

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Kudos [?]: 1725 [0], given: 792

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2015, 12:40
Hi GMAC Representative.

I wanted to know that if I have an exam far in future and if I prepone it to 3days after today would the rescheduling fees be $50 or $250. I am aware that in case I have an exam within a week and I postpone/prepone it, I have to pay the entire fee of $250. What I am asking is if my exam is in future(say after a month) and I want to prepone it to this week itself - would I be charged $50 or $250

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2015, 10:53
subchatt wrote:
Hi GMAC Representative.

I wanted to know that if I have an exam far in future and if I prepone it to 3days after today would the rescheduling fees be $50 or $250. I am aware that in case I have an exam within a week and I postpone/prepone it, I have to pay the entire fee of $250. What I am asking is if my exam is in future(say after a month) and I want to prepone it to this week itself - would I be charged $50 or $250

Hello,

The lengths of time listed regarding the rescheduling fee refer to the original appointment (in your case, greater than seven days), so your rescheduling fee would be $50, even if your new date is within 7 days from today.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 11:41
Dear GMAC Official Representative,

I am desperate: it has been a lot of expensive international calls, dozens of live chats, countless e-mails to GMAC customer service - all in vain. Nobody seems to care or have any idea how to solve the issue

Summary: GMAC has merged to of my accounts:

1) It took my recent account info and loaded it into into my old GMAC account (with original GMAT ID)
2) deleted the recent account (with the recent GMAT ID) - I say deleted, because Customer Service confirms it cannot find this ID in the system

Now when I login using my relevant e-mail address (the one GMAC customer service sees in the system as well) it logs me into the DELETED account (with GMAT ID DELETED from the system).

The original e-mail that was used to create the original account (the only account that's in GMAC system now) DOES NOT EXIST anymore.

Please, tell me that there is a way out of this ridiculous situation?

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 14:07
venchik wrote:
Dear GMAC Official Representative,

I am desperate: it has been a lot of expensive international calls, dozens of live chats, countless e-mails to GMAC customer service - all in vain. Nobody seems to care or have any idea how to solve the issue

Summary: GMAC has merged to of my accounts:

1) It took my recent account info and loaded it into into my old GMAC account (with original GMAT ID)
2) deleted the recent account (with the recent GMAT ID) - I say deleted, because Customer Service confirms it cannot find this ID in the system

Now when I login using my relevant e-mail address (the one GMAC customer service sees in the system as well) it logs me into the DELETED account (with GMAT ID DELETED from the system).

The original e-mail that was used to create the original account (the only account that's in GMAC system now) DOES NOT EXIST anymore.

Please, tell me that there is a way out of this ridiculous situation?

Hello,

Could you please provide your email or email us directly at socialmedia@mba.com so we can assist you with this issue?

Thank you,
Jeremy

Leah
gmac.com | mba.com

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2015, 14:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  23    Next  [ 447 posts ] 

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap