Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
OfficialGMAT wrote:
sa2222 wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

I have one question - After completion of GMAT and once my score report is ready, does GMAC sends Official Score report to my home address as well?

Thanks!

Hello sa2222,

By default, GMAC will send your score report to the up to five schools you select. You will need to order a duplicate copy of your score report if you'd like one sent to your home address. You will have access to your unofficial score report, but if you'd like a score report sent to you, please contact Customer Service to request one: https://www.mba.com/global/service/contact-us.aspx.

More about score reports and ordering additional reports can be found here: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... cores.aspx

Thanks,
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy for your reply. I am assuming if I request score report to be sent to my home address, there will be an additional charge for it.

I had the impression that GMAC sends a score report to home address by default, but thanks for clarifying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Schools: Smeal" 20
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Vetrik wrote:
Hi GMAC representative,

I have my GMAT in another ten days.

A surgery was done in my left ankle [due to an ankle fracture] two weeks back. Due to this, i cannot walk using my left leg temporarily and I cannot make movements in my left ankle. Hence, I am using crutches to walk.

Will I be allowed to bring my crutches to my seat in the test center ? And in case, if I am not able to keep my left foot hanging/placed softly on the floor, will I be given a stool/chair to support my leg ? Do I need to get prior permission for this case and how do I do so?

Thank you.

Hello Vetrik,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email testingaccommodations@gmac.com with your question and they will work with you to ensure you have what you need during your test. I've notified them in advance, so they will be expecting your message. If there's anything further we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your reply. I have rescheduled my Test now. Hopefully I should be able to walk before my new test date. If that's not possible, I'll definitely send to mail to the said mail-id and seek help.

Thanks again,

Vetrik.
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
OfficialGMAT wrote:
minwoswoh wrote:
minwoswoh wrote:
Hi,

Since my test day is approaching I have some questions regarding the test center and how the test is administered that I would really appreciate if you could answer. I apologize for the long post in advance!

1- Tutorial: since I understand that this section is timed, how much time do we have to complete it?
- In addition, is each screen in the tutorial timed individually or does the tutorial section have an overall timing? From Gmat Prep exams, I was able to see what the screens look like but I would really like to know about this.

2-Selecting 5 MBA programs to send the scores to: does this section come before, during or after the tutorial? In any case, is this section timed?

3- Breaks and writing in the Erasable Scratchpad: my main question here is: are we allowed to write notes in the provided scratchpad during our 8-minute breaks? For example, it is very helpful to me to write down some notes about the section to come or to write down a timeframe on what times I must accomplish each question. Am I allowed to do this during the break?

4- Breaks and returning to the test center room: if for example, I leave the test center room and go to the bathroom during a break and when I come back to log in to the room, I still have 3 minutes, am I allowed to be sit in the room in front of my computer just waiting to those 3 minutes to pass? Or will the proctor make me wait until the 8 minutes are reached? Or once I enter the room those 3 minutes will disappear and I will be prompted to the next section regardless of whether I actually had 3 minutes in my favor? Please let me know if this and my point #2 depend on the specific policy of the test center.

5- Background Information Questions: I understand that these questions come right after the Verbal section and before the Report or Cancel section. My questions are:
- How many screens are there?
- Are these questions the same questions that I encounter in the “My Account > My Profile” section of my mba.com account (e.g. Demographic Information, Contact Information, Communication Preferences, Undergraduate Information, Work Experience Information, and Graduate Management Degree Information). I have already filled the mandatory fields and some of the optional fields. Can I keep the same information during this stage of the test (I mean just skipping these sections since I already completed the information I wanted to complete)? Or is it mandatory for me that I fill the remaining optional fields?
- Lastly, is this section timed? And if so, how much time do we have?

I really have tried to come up with the answers to these questions in forums and articles but I never found a thorough response. Therefore, I would really appreciate your response on this since will surely provide me with a much better test day experience and will probably benefit other members of the community who might have asked themselves these exact same questions.

Thank you so much!

Hello Rebecca,
Hope you are doing well. Since my test day is approaching, I would really like to know your thoughts on my previously mentioned points (or at least some of them).
I know they can be regarded as minor things compared to the whole GMAT preparation, but I believe your answer would provide me with a better understanding of what to expect and of how one´s test-taking experience is going to be.
abane has kindly replied to me but I would really appreciate to know the official response to my queries.

Thank you so much!

Hello minwoswoh,

We understand the importance of details when it comes to the GMAT exam. So, we want to make sure we provide you with accurate information and answers to your questions. We are looking into these questions, and will respond as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Hello minwoswoh,

We have tracked down the answers to your questions. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

1- Tutorial : since I understand that this section is timed, how much time do we have to complete it?
- In addition, is each screen in the tutorial timed individually or does the tutorial section have an overall timing? From Gmat Prep exams, I was able to see what the screens look like but I would really like to know about this.

The tutorial is timed as an overall section. The candidates have 4 minutes to review the tutorial.

2-Selecting 5 MBA programs to send the scores to : does this section come before, during or after the tutorial? In any case, is this section timed?

The school selection screen comes before the Tutorial. It is an untimed section.

3- Breaks and writing in the Erasable Scratchpad: my main question here is: are we allowed to write notes in the provided scratchpad during our 8-minute breaks? For example, it is very helpful to me to write down some notes about the section to come or to write down a timeframe on what times I must accomplish each question. Am I allowed to do this during the break?

The candidates are not permitted to remain in the testing room during their breaks, nor are they permitted to write in their noteboards during any untimed portion/section of the exam.

4- Breaks and returning to the test center room: if for example, I leave the test center room and go to the bathroom during a break and when I come back to log in to the room, I still have 3 minutes, am I allowed to be sit in the room in front of my computer just waiting to those 3 minutes to pass? Or will the proctor make me wait until the 8 minutes are reached? Or once I enter the room those 3 minutes will disappear and I will be prompted to the next section regardless of whether I actually had 3 minutes in my favor? Please let me know if this and my point #2 depend on the specific policy of the test center.

GMAT policy requires all candidates leave the testing room during their break. Candidates are not permitted to sit at their workstation during their break. If a candidate returns from their break early and request to be checked back in to the exam, the candidate must resume the exam at that time, regardless of break time remaining. This policy does not vary depending on the testing center - it is universal.

It should also be noted that candidates are responsible for keeping track of their 8 minute break and the Test Administrator will not tell them when their break is done and need to be checked back in. Candidates must also leave time in their break for check in and out of the testing room as this is not separate from the break time.

5- Background Information Questions: I understand that these questions come right after the Verbal section and before the Report or Cancel section. My questions are:
- How many screens are there?
- Are these questions the same questions that I encounter in the “My Account > My Profile” section of my mba.com account (e.g. Demographic Information, Contact Information, Communication Preferences, Undergraduate Information, Work Experience Information, and Graduate Management Degree Information). I have already filled the mandatory fields and some of the optional fields. Can I keep the same information during this stage of the test (I mean just skipping these sections since I already completed the information I wanted to complete)? Or is it mandatory for me that I fill the remaining optional fields?
- Lastly, is this section timed? And if so, how much time do we have?

Unfortunately, I am not sure of how many screens there are for the BIQ section, but as far as I can tell it is only one screen. The information is Graduation Date, Undergraduate GPA, Highest Education Level, Undergrad Institution, Undergrad Major, and Intended Graduate Study. They do fill this out when they create their mba.com profile; however I would advise against skipping it as the information listed on the score report pulls from what is entered at the testing center. The candidates are allotted 30 seconds for this section.

Thank you and best of luck,
Jeremy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Hi Jeremy,

Thank you so much for answering all my questions.
I really appreciate your effort.

+1 Kudos for you!

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello,

Can I stop my scores from being sent to the schools I chose on test day?

Thank you
Send PM
Expert Reply
kray4737 wrote:
Hello,

Can I stop my scores from being sent to the schools I chose on test day?

Thank you

Hello kray4737,

Once you have made your school selections and accepted your scores, they cannot be changed or canceled. The only opportunity you have to cancel your scores is at the test center. If you have any other questions about score reports, please visit our website: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... cores.aspx.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMAT Club users,

For the next 12 days on our website, we'll be featuring 12 great reasons to take the GMAT exam and showcase your academic potential. However, we'd love to hear from you. What’s your reason for taking the GMAT exam?

Visit our site to see the 12 reasons and enter the 12 Days of Winning contest for a chance to win valuable prizes each day.

https://www.mba.com/MBASite/s/12days/index.htm?Source=gmatclub

Thank you,
Jeremy
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
New Year, New You Contest for 2015

Hello,

Has another year passed without fulfilling your resolution to get your dream job? What are you waiting for? Now is the time. Taking the GMAT exam is your best first step.

I wanted to share a contest we have running right now, and give you all a chance at a free registration and some free study materials.

Tell us what your dream job is and how the GMAT exam will help you get it. Post your story on our site for a chance to win a [b]free GMAT exam registration and official GMAT study materials[/b].

Enter to win here: https://www.mba.com/gc-0001

Thanks and good luck!

Jeremy
Attachments

2015_newyearnewyou_mbadotcom_537x336_v1.jpg
2015_newyearnewyou_mbadotcom_537x336_v1.jpg [ 73.49 KiB | Viewed 3006 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I posted a topic here (gmat-prep-software-can-you-review-answers-191649.html) without realizing there is a separate topic devoted to GMAT related questions.

My question from the topic mentioned above:
"I was wondering if in the latest version of the official GMAT Prep software, are you able to "go back" and review your answers after you've completed a test?

I know that in earlier versions of the software, once you quit the browser test, your answers were NOT saved... so there was no way to go back and review the test with your answers."
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Im2bz2p345 wrote:
I posted a topic here (gmat-prep-software-can-you-review-answers-191649.html) without realizing there is a separate topic devoted to GMAT related questions.

My question from the topic mentioned above:
"I was wondering if in the latest version of the official GMAT Prep software, are you able to "go back" and review your answers after you've completed a test?

I know that in earlier versions of the software, once you quit the browser test, your answers were NOT saved... so there was no way to go back and review the test with your answers."

Hello,

I responded in the original thread but also wanted to post here to ensure others could refer to the answer. I have confirmed that with the latest version of GMATPrep (v 2.3.322), you can go back and review the questions and answers once you have completed an exam. Once you have reached the Review screen, you can review your answers and check your work (please see attachment). In addition, you can flag questions you may want to return to later.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi GMAC. Is there a option to prepone my exam date if I have already taken the gmat date? If my gmat date is on March 30, 2015, then can I prepone it to March 10,2015?

Regards,
Robin
Send PM
Expert Reply
robin147 wrote:
Hi GMAC. Is there a option to prepone my exam date if I have already taken the gmat date? If my gmat date is on March 30, 2015, then can I prepone it to March 10,2015?

Regards,
Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes, you can reschedule your GMAT exam for a $50.00 fee. More information and the link to reschedule online can be found here: https://www.mba.com/global/frequently-asked-questions/making-and-changing-your-gmat-exam-appointment.aspx.

Please feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Dear GMAT Team,

I recently took the GMAT exam in Pakistan. While giving the test, the test center staff came up to me and told me that they were having issues with logging in to the system and I should not take a break and log out. The timer was running during this. During this time, there was excessive commotion inside the testing room as the staff tried to log in to different computers. I was obviously disturbed due to this and it became difficult to concentrate. After a while the staff came up to me again and told me that it was okay to take a break and the issue had been sorted. I was still in the middle of the test at this time. I told the staff that I was being disturbed unnecessarily.

I believe that my performance on the quant section was hampered by this and scored uncharacteristically low on the section. My overall score was still pretty competitive but I decided to cancel it since I believed that the disturbance caused by the staff affected my performance.

I contacted the GMAT Asia Pacific Team with the issue. Their reply was that they had checked the actual test and found no issue. They also said that I had not complained at the test center.

My problem is that I never said that there was an issue with the test. Also, the GMAT exam did not have any feedback section to report the issue. The reply side stepped the problem I faced and instead concentrated on something that I did not even raise. The GMAT team should verify the veracity of my claims by checking the CCTV footage of the day. The GMAT website clearly states that this event was a contravention of their testing standards and I should be entitled to some form of solution if my claim is true.

I am not sure how to take this issue up. The GMAT website does not list any email addresses that I could contact for this. I would be really grateful if you could guide me in this case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 05-31-2015
Send PM
Hi,

Most of the questions have been really good and insightful, although i havnt read all of them yet.

How do you develope new questions do test makers have any favorite reference books for developing new questions.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
bilalnabi24 wrote:
Dear GMAT Team,

I recently took the GMAT exam in Pakistan. While giving the test, the test center staff came up to me and told me that they were having issues with logging in to the system and I should not take a break and log out. The timer was running during this. During this time, there was excessive commotion inside the testing room as the staff tried to log in to different computers. I was obviously disturbed due to this and it became difficult to concentrate. After a while the staff came up to me again and told me that it was okay to take a break and the issue had been sorted. I was still in the middle of the test at this time. I told the staff that I was being disturbed unnecessarily.

I believe that my performance on the quant section was hampered by this and scored uncharacteristically low on the section. My overall score was still pretty competitive but I decided to cancel it since I believed that the disturbance caused by the staff affected my performance.

I contacted the GMAT Asia Pacific Team with the issue. Their reply was that they had checked the actual test and found no issue. They also said that I had not complained at the test center.

My problem is that I never said that there was an issue with the test. Also, the GMAT exam did not have any feedback section to report the issue. The reply side stepped the problem I faced and instead concentrated on something that I did not even raise. The GMAT team should verify the veracity of my claims by checking the CCTV footage of the day. The GMAT website clearly states that this event was a contravention of their testing standards and I should be entitled to some form of solution if my claim is true.

I am not sure how to take this issue up. The GMAT website does not list any email addresses that I could contact for this. I would be really grateful if you could guide me in this case.

Hello,

We will need you to provide some of your account information in order for us to look into this further. Either email address or GMAT ID will do. Please contact us at socialmedia@mba.com with a summary of your issue, just like the one you've included above, and we will look into it.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
FAlam wrote:
Hi,

Most of the questions have been really good and insightful, although i havnt read all of them yet.

How do you develope new questions do test makers have any favorite reference books for developing new questions.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

Hello,

As a policy, we do not share specific information on our question development, but we have a team that develops these questions and passages in order to evaluate the qualities and aptitudes that business schools are looking for.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: Yale '19 (M)
Send PM
Hi,

Are there any plans to release a GMATPrep exam pack 2 any time soon?

Exam pack 1 was released 1.5 years ago.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  29