It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 23:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 11:32
alexanderbell wrote:
Hi GMAC team,

I am using the web interface, which is accessible at gmat-wiley-com, of the Official Guide 2016 to practice all the GMAT questions.
After finishing some of the questions I am wondering how the online interface selects the questions for one practice session.

Let's assume I choose 20 questions in the Exam Mode and I select DS and PS as allowed question types.
Does the web interface select only "not answered" questions or all questions regardless of whether the questions were already answered, answered incorrect or answered correct?

Thank you.
Alex


Hello,

You will need to contact Wiley directly for further assistance and questions about this interface. For technical support with the online component, contact Wiley for further assistance at http://wiley.custhelp.com or call Wiley at: +1-800-762-2974 (U.S.), +1-317-572-3994 (international). If we can help with anything further, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2011
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 34

Schools: Haas '15
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 12:24
Jeremy,

You mentioned late-2015 ETA for Exam Pack 2. Can you update this for us?

This software is by far the most valuable prep tool, but desperately needs a larger question bank and more analytics so that motivated studiers can better gauge their preparedness. Has GMAC ever considered open-sourcing any aspect of this software?

For example, let's assume GMAC is unwilling to reveal code or specific details related to the scoring or CAT algorithms. But maybe instead of open-sourcing the whole thing, GMAC could expand the question bank by accepting user-written questions. These user-written questions could be evaluated through a similar tool as used for "experimental" questions on the real exam, and then be uploaded into a massive question-bank database that drives the software.

Alternatively, open-source the whole damn thing on github. There are a lot of really smart people on here, some percentage of which are talented software developers. So you could get thousands of hours of expert code-writing for free.

Overall, there is infinite demand for more GMAC prep material. Someone there needs to figure out how to provide it.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 34

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 13:32
MBAUsername wrote:
Jeremy,

You mentioned late-2015 ETA for Exam Pack 2. Can you update this for us?

This software is by far the most valuable prep tool, but desperately needs a larger question bank and more analytics so that motivated studiers can better gauge their preparedness. Has GMAC ever considered open-sourcing any aspect of this software?

For example, let's assume GMAC is unwilling to reveal code or specific details related to the scoring or CAT algorithms. But maybe instead of open-sourcing the whole thing, GMAC could expand the question bank by accepting user-written questions. These user-written questions could be evaluated through a similar tool as used for "experimental" questions on the real exam, and then be uploaded into a massive question-bank database that drives the software.

Alternatively, open-source the whole damn thing on github. There are a lot of really smart people on here, some percentage of which are talented software developers. So you could get thousands of hours of expert code-writing for free.

Overall, there is infinite demand for more GMAC prep material. Someone there needs to figure out how to provide it.


Hello,

That did not happen as originally expected (clearly - since we're now in 2016), and we are still developing a final launch date for the new software. Once I have an update on this, I'll be sure to share it here. We know there is a desire for more prep materials and are looking to provide that for our users. Thank you for your input and ideas - I will certainly share this with our product teams.

Thanks,
Jeremy
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 07:14
MBAUsername wrote:
Jeremy,

You mentioned late-2015 ETA for Exam Pack 2. Can you update this for us?

This software is by far the most valuable prep tool, but desperately needs a larger question bank and more analytics so that motivated studiers can better gauge their preparedness. Has GMAC ever considered open-sourcing any aspect of this software?

For example, let's assume GMAC is unwilling to reveal code or specific details related to the scoring or CAT algorithms. But maybe instead of open-sourcing the whole thing, GMAC could expand the question bank by accepting user-written questions. These user-written questions could be evaluated through a similar tool as used for "experimental" questions on the real exam, and then be uploaded into a massive question-bank database that drives the software.

Alternatively, open-source the whole damn thing on github. There are a lot of really smart people on here, some percentage of which are talented software developers. So you could get thousands of hours of expert code-writing for free.

Overall, there is infinite demand for more GMAC prep material. Someone there needs to figure out how to provide it.


Hello,

I'd like to follow-up regarding your idea for open-source questions. First off, thanks for expressing interest in more questions and practice materials! While it would be nice to open source question creation, the process for evaluating new or (i.e. "experimental") questions is extremely rigorous which would pose a big challenge. We go through a thorough development and review process for every question we use in order to produce the best quality prep materials for our candidates. Open-sourcing question creation might reduce the integrity of our questions, which may ultimately mislead candidates.

However, we are continuing to produce and release more products to meet the demand for additional practice questions and practice exams. Stay tuned here for more updates as we have them.

Thanks,
Jeremy
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 11:44
Just a reminder as we here at GMAT HQ prepare for this weekend's snow: If your test center is closed due to inclement weather, you will be contacted by GMAT Customer Service via the contact info you provided when you scheduled the appointment. All communications will come from Pearson VUE, not from your test center. If your test center is open but you feel unsafe traveling, please contact GMAT Customer Service to discuss your situation.

For further questions or if you need to reschedule, please contact GMAT Customer Service: http://www.mba.com/contact.
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2015
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GPA: 3.54
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 07:02
Hello,

I wanted to know whether the duration in which we finish our respective sections matter in the evaluation or not ?
What I mean to say is if we finish a section faster by say 5 minutes, would we have a better score in that section or is the marking done purely on the basis of the questions which we have answered right or wrong ?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2016, 14:24
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello,

I gave my GMAT on 6th Jan 2016(Bangalore, India) and received an unofficial score. The problem is that it is almost 20 days and I have not received my official score. On MBA . com it does not display anything under status. Could you please HELP, as I have submmited my application to B-school with unofficial score and they expect an official score.

Please let me know if I need to provide any further details.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh Rana

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 05:43
rrana20 wrote:
Hello,

I gave my GMAT on 6th Jan 2016(Bangalore, India) and received an unofficial score. The problem is that it is almost 20 days and I have not received my official score. On MBA . com it does not display anything under status. Could you please HELP, as I have submmited my application to B-school with unofficial score and they expect an official score.

Please let me know if I need to provide any further details.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh Rana


Hello Rahul,

If you could please send me your email address and GMAT ID via private message, I will follow up with my Customer Care team on your status. Thank you.

Jeremy
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 07:37
OfficialGMAT wrote:
rrana20 wrote:
Hello,

I gave my GMAT on 6th Jan 2016(Bangalore, India) and received an unofficial score. The problem is that it is almost 20 days and I have not received my official score. On MBA . com it does not display anything under status. Could you please HELP, as I have submmited my application to B-school with unofficial score and they expect an official score.

Please let me know if I need to provide any further details.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh Rana


Hello Rahul,

If you could please send me your email address and GMAT ID via private message, I will follow up with my Customer Care team on your status. Thank you.

Jeremy


Hello Sir,

I have sent the information via PM, please let me know in case you have not received it or further information is required.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Rahul Singh Rana

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 13:20
aniag29 wrote:
Hello,

I wanted to know whether the duration in which we finish our respective sections matter in the evaluation or not ?
What I mean to say is if we finish a section faster by say 5 minutes, would we have a better score in that section or is the marking done purely on the basis of the questions which we have answered right or wrong ?


Hello,

Great question! No, speed is not a factor and will have no impact on your score. So we would recommend you focus on completing the sections in the time given for each one.

Thanks,
Jeremy
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
B
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 603

Kudos [?]: 489 [1], given: 17

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 22:55
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
MBAUsername OfficialGMAT

Thanks for the update! Adding two more practice tests to the practice tool would be of tremendous help to all students. So far we have four official practice tests, and a total of six or eight would be ideal. In my experience, a lot of students try to save the official tests towards the end of their preparation instead of being exposed to the scope and style of the exam early on. If we have more tests this would be less of an issue.

GMAC has done a good job of releasing new official content and I urge them to continue to put out practice content that reflects the changes in the types of questions and difficulty that appear on the exam.

As far as the open sourcing of questions, I don't think that would work. As Jeremy pointed out, there is a lot that goes in to developing these questions. In my opinion, GMAC has enough content that can be made public, and they should just periodically update their guides and software, the way they have been doing in the last three to four years.

Cheers,
Dabral

Kudos [?]: 489 [1], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2010
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: - GMAT section order pilotPost Your Questions to GMAC Official Rep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 13:49
Hi GMAC rep,

I have received an invitation to take the GMAT section order Pilot Program. Did GMAT extend the Pilot period ( February 23 – March 8, 2016.)? because i see some mid March dates(14th,16th) available to select. (I chose the verbal, quant, IR,AWA 3rd option)Did I click on the wrong link to register? Please confirm. Thanks you!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2015
Posts: 25

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 09:07
Hi Jeremy,

I purchased GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1 in Order #0027-2031-8570 on Jan 26th.
I installed GMAT prep and software and wanted to activate my exam pack. However, when I try to activate my purchased exam pack with given activation code in my product purchases, I get an error that says "License number has already been used". I have activated it on one computer only and now I have deactivated it from there and want to activate it on my laptop. It was indeed used by me only by my account but I do want to use it again. I don't understand why I cannot refer back to something that I already purchased.

I have to appear for the exam soon and need these exams for practice. I request you to please help me out with this situation.

Regards
Bilal

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2015
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GPA: 3.54
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 00:06
OfficialGMAT wrote:
aniag29 wrote:
Hello,

I wanted to know whether the duration in which we finish our respective sections matter in the evaluation or not ?
What I mean to say is if we finish a section faster by say 5 minutes, would we have a better score in that section or is the marking done purely on the basis of the questions which we have answered right or wrong ?


Hello,

Great question! No, speed is not a factor and will have no impact on your score. So we would recommend you focus on completing the sections in the time given for each one.

Thanks,
Jeremy


Thank you Jeremy for answering the query. Sometimes these small queries end up into a big problem. :-D

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 07:46
Happy National Engineers Week. Join the “Engineering to MBA” virtual field trips to meet real engineers on Feb 25th and 26th. Register today: http://start.mba.com/virtualfieldtrip

Image
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 11:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
As you may have seen, Exam Pack 2 is coming very soon (within the next month). We don't have an official release date yet, but once we do, I'll be sure to post it here.

Thanks,
Jeremy
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [1], given: 1

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 13:38
We'd love to learn about your study habits! The Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®) is conducting research on how business school candidates prepare for the GMAT® exam and we could use your input. If you're interested in participating in this study, please complete this brief survey and we'll be in contact with you shortly:

https://gmac.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5jvdawkWCEhFqzX&SOURCE=GMATClub
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 116

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 13

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 17:42
Hi Jeremy,

Every now and then, Additional contents such as "ExamPack1" and "QuestionPack1" deactivates. And any attempt to Activate is again is just futile. So, the only option to get it working is a re-install. I have done this at least 10 times already. Is this a bug or a known issue ?
OS : Mac OSX.

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 13

Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 345

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 06:45
FacelessMan wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

Every now and then, Additional contents such as "ExamPack1" and "QuestionPack1" deactivates. And any attempt to Activate is again is just futile. So, the only option to get it working is a re-install. I have done this at least 10 times already. Is this a bug or a known issue ?
OS : Mac OSX.


If your operating system is a MAC OS X 10.10 or higher, then this is a known issue that affects users on Apple computers running OS X version 10.10 Yosemite or higher. At this time, the GMATPrep software is only compatible with MAC OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9. Our software developer is aware of the issue and is currently working on an update to fix this compatibility issue. You can restore the activation status of the Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1 on GMATPrep by following the steps below:

1. Do NOT uninstall the current installation of GMATPrep.
2. Go to http://www.mba.com/gmatprep to download the latest version of GMATPrep (v 2.3.322) software.
3. Open the downloaded file “GMATPrep-2.3.322-MaxOSX.dmg”
4. Open the installation file “Install.app” to begin the installation process.
5. If and when asked if you want to upgrade the current GMATPrep software with GMATPrep 2.3.322, select Yes to continue with installation.
6. Follow instructions on the installation wizard to install GMATPrep.
7. Near the end of the installation process, the installation wizard may display the following error: “Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly…” Click OK to dismiss the error message and let it finish the installation process.
8. Launch GMATPrep.

Now the Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1 should appear correctly as being activated (if previously activated on the same computer).

After every reboot, repeat steps 3 through 8 to install GMATPrep again. You do NOT need to uninstall GMATPrep before reinstalling. You also do NOT need to deactivate or reactivate the Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1.
_________________

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 116

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 13

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 14:38
OfficialGMAT wrote:
FacelessMan wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

Every now and then, Additional contents such as "ExamPack1" and "QuestionPack1" deactivates. And any attempt to Activate is again is just futile. So, the only option to get it working is a re-install. I have done this at least 10 times already. Is this a bug or a known issue ?
OS : Mac OSX.


If your operating system is a MAC OS X 10.10 or higher, then this is a known issue that affects users on Apple computers running OS X version 10.10 Yosemite or higher. At this time, the GMATPrep software is only compatible with MAC OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9. Our software developer is aware of the issue and is currently working on an update to fix this compatibility issue. You can restore the activation status of the Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1 on GMATPrep by following the steps below:

1. Do NOT uninstall the current installation of GMATPrep.
2. Go to http://www.mba.com/gmatprep to download the latest version of GMATPrep (v 2.3.322) software.
3. Open the downloaded file “GMATPrep-2.3.322-MaxOSX.dmg”
4. Open the installation file “Install.app” to begin the installation process.
5. If and when asked if you want to upgrade the current GMATPrep software with GMATPrep 2.3.322, select Yes to continue with installation.
6. Follow instructions on the installation wizard to install GMATPrep.
7. Near the end of the installation process, the installation wizard may display the following error: “Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly…” Click OK to dismiss the error message and let it finish the installation process.
8. Launch GMATPrep.

Now the Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1 should appear correctly as being activated (if previously activated on the same computer).

After every reboot, repeat steps 3 through 8 to install GMATPrep again. You do NOT need to uninstall GMATPrep before reinstalling. You also do NOT need to deactivate or reactivate the Exam Pack 1/Question Pack 1.


Thanks Jeremy. It works. Will look forward to a software update.

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 13

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2016, 14:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  23    Next  [ 447 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.