Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 13:57 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 13:57
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Have any of the wait listed candidates heard back from the ad com ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V43
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
I have not unfortunately.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
atishay78 wrote:

Even I am a waitlisted candidate of R1, R2 and R3. Havent heard of anything. Spoke to the admissions team yesterday and they said that they have just started reviewing the waitlisted applications last week and they will try to wrap up everything by the end of June or they might extend to July also. Please keep posting if any of the waitlisted candidates receive an admit or an interview call. I was waitlisted without an interview.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
ishmeet15 wrote:
atishay78 wrote:

Even I am a waitlisted candidate of R1, R2 and R3. Havent heard of anything. Spoke to the admissions team yesterday and they said that they have just started reviewing the waitlisted applications last week and they will try to wrap up everything by the end of June or they might extend to July also. Please keep posting if any of the waitlisted candidates receive an admit or an interview call. I was waitlisted without an interview.

That's good to know - thank you for the information! I'm a WL candidate from R2 and the MSB office hasn't been in contact since the R3 notification date. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have any wait listed candidates heard back as yet ? Today is the 15th of June.. not too far away from the program start !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 178
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Haven't heard anything yet. Waitlisted in R3 after an interview-International candidate.
Hoping to hear something good.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM

The Georgetown MBA program at McDonough School of Business has announced the following application deadlines for the 2015-2016 admissions cycle.

Round 1

Application deadline: October 1, 2015

Decision notification: December 15, 2015

Round 2

Application deadline: January 5, 2016

Decision notification: March 20, 2016

Round 3

Application deadline: April 1, 2016

Decision notification: May 15, 2016

Round 4 (Evening MBA Program Only)

Application deadline: May 10, 2016

Decision notification: May 25, 2016

The online application must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the deadline date. Applications that are received after the deadline will be considered for the next admissions round. If you have additional questions, contact the Georgetown MBA Admissions Office.

If you are looking for guidance on your Georgetown MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
DebWenger wrote:
Haven't heard anything yet. Waitlisted in R3 after an interview-International candidate.
Hoping to hear something good.

Anyone else a little annoyed at this point? I think the adcoms should notify people out of respect and not expect candidates to endlessly wait all summer. And at what point are those still on the wait list just considered rejected - when school actually starts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Duponter wrote:
DebWenger wrote:

Anyone else a little annoyed at this point?

If they don't reach out soon they will likely lose out on a lot of waitlisted candidates. It takes time to transition from work, locate to DC, etc.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM

Georgetown McDonough, the top MBA program at the intersection of business and government, takes advantage of its Washington D.C. location, its connections to the greater Georgetown University community, and its Jesuit roots while at the same time focusing on the global nature of twenty-first century business.  Your application should show that you need the education provided by McDonough to achieve your goals and that you wholeheartedly embrace its values.

Essay:

Create your essays in separate documents and upload them into the appropriate application fields. Please adhere to word limits, and label each page with your name. Re-applicants will be prompted to submit a specific essay question. Dual degree applicants and Georgetown MBA re-applicants will be prompted to submit specific essay questions.

(Essays should be double-spaced using a 12-point font.)

1. Why You? (Hint: we are looking for an answer that cannot be found from research on our website) (750 words or fewer)

This question is all about fit. It is an attempt by Georgetown to learn about you and why you think you belong at Georgetown and why Georgetown should admit you.  Georgetown wants to see how you think and come to a major decision. It also wants you to make a coherent case for your own acceptance to McDonough.

There are lots of different ways to approach this essay. Clearly you shouldn't spit back the McDonough web site. If you can, talk to current students about the culture and distinctive elements of the program to gain a deeper understanding of it. You also need to reflect on the reasons Georgetown should choose you? While your reasons for wanting to attend are a factor, the big question will be what do you intend to contribute. What will you add?

You could start with a highly influential experience that molded your decision to pursue an MBA, go into more depth about what you hope to achieve and why you believe Georgetown is the best place for you to achieve it.

Alternatively, you could start with a day in the future where you attain your goal and then circle back to discuss the development of that goal and McDonough's role in helping you achieve it. You can also discuss how you intend to contribute to McDonought's community.

In short, why should McDonough accept you? How will you make the school proud that they did?

Optional Essays:

1. If you are not currently employed full-time, use this essay to provide information about your current activities. (250 words or fewer)

Show them that you are using this period of unemployment to acquire new skills, contribute to your community, or grow in some way.

2. Please provide any information that you would like to add to your application that you have not otherwise included. (500 words or fewer)

Please see “The Optional Essay: To Be or Not to Be.

Re-Applicant Essay:

How have you strengthened your candidacy since your last application? We are particularly interested in hearing about how you have grown professionally and personally. (500 words or fewer)

This is a key question (whether asked explicitly or not) for all reapplicantsto any MBA program. What has changed? How are you "new and improved" since last year -- when you were rejected? Georgetown does you the favor of providing this explicit prompt so you can address this question while retaining the ability to address the main essay.

If you would like professional guidance with your Georgetown McDonough School MBA application, please consider Accepted’s MBA essay editing and MBA admissions consulting or our  MBA Application Packages, which include advising, editing, interview coaching, and a resume edit for the Georgetown McDonough MBA application.

Georgetown McDonough 2016 MBA Application Deadlines:

Application Deadline
Decision Notification

Round 1
 October 1, 2015
 December 15, 2015

Round 2
 January 5, 2016
 March 20, 2016

Round 3
 April 1, 2016
 May 15, 2016

By Linda Abraham, president and founder of Accepted.com and co-author of the new, definitive book on MBA admissions, MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Related Resources:
2016 MBA Application Essay Tips
Optional Essays: When and How to Write Them [Short Video]
The Georgetown McDonough MBA: Everything You Need to Know

This article originally appeared on blog.accepted.com, the official blog of Accepted.com.

Accepted.com's experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resumeconstructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn't, so contact us to get started now!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
RemainInLight wrote:
Duponter wrote:
DebWenger wrote:

If they don't reach out soon they will likely lose out on a lot of waitlisted candidates. It takes time to transition from work, locate to DC, etc.

Beyond annoyed at this point in time. I dont care what the problems on their end are. I heard they are moving offices but i dont really care; this is highly unprofessional and not right. It would have been okay if this was liberal arts program, its NOT! its a damn MBA. The joke really is that they dont value the applicants enough to offer an update considering how important the decision maybe for some. I have an accept from two other top rated programs and needless to say i stopped waiting for this school a few weeks back.

I dont think anybody here should expect a response- you will basically find out you havent been admitted when school starts and you are still "waitlisted"

Such a joke! i want my application fee back!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

Judging from Facebook – it appears some people joined the Facebook admitted students group last Thursday. The Facebook group size is 487 which is comparable to last years group of 489 so I doubt there are going to be that many more offers.

If anyone is looking to matriculate this Fall – I would take a look at Boston College they tend to be pretty generous with money and the students there seem to really enjoy the program. D-1 sports, good city, strong professors, etc. The employment figures are also pretty comparable. They have a fee waiver on their Twitter site.

If you have your heart set on Georgetown – you can always re-apply next admissions cycle. Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RemainInLight wrote:
Duponter wrote:
DebWenger wrote:

Just received an automated note from the Admissions office essentially saying "we haven't forgotten you're on the wait list." Happy they reached out but not the email I was looking for!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Duponter wrote:

Just received an automated note from the Admissions office essentially saying "we haven't forgotten you're on the wait list." Happy they reached out but not the email I was looking for!

Yeah, I just got the e-mail too - I am glad there is some communication though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Spoke to a few friends of mine who were in the waitlist bucket last year at different schools -- it appears that generally waitlist decisions may come in right up until a month before classes start.

So going by the Georgetown calendar we all should know our results by Mid July the latest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hello guys,

Well I have been a silent observer on this on this thread, I too am in the same boat as you are(maybe worse as i have been waitlisted without an interview). I think everyone might have received the update mail today which stated that they will be reviewing additional materials for a few weeks and then let us know of their decision. I am a foreign applicant, India to be specific. Considering the timeleft, if the school plans to roll-out decisions mid july, is it hopeless for a foreign applicant like me, as visa processing takes time .

To improve my candidature, I retook the GMAT and scored a 720,its all in vain I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Sorry to hear everyone is going through this. When I initially embarked on this journey of applying for business school McDonough was my top choice before I learned more about Mendoza. I got waitlisted as well but had already gotten into Mendoza so withdrew. It's crazy to think about them still having so many people in limbo. Decisions have to be made so people can make the proper arrangements. I know they're busy but I'm not sure what to say about the way the process seems to be being handled.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts