Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 16:55 It is currently 17 May 2024, 16:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  43   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Don't panic. I've seen this happen to other people across many top schools.

My strong belief is that if a school is interested in you, they're interested in you, and a recommender not following the rules isn't going to be the reason they'd ding you--ever. If anything it's proof you didn't write the letter yourself, right? That's probably a bigger worry they have!

I honestly think that if they were impressed with your candidacy before reading the letter that they wouldn't hold your recommender's lack of following directions against you. If you get dinged, this won't be the reason. It'll be that it's really, REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to get into Stanford and they only accept like 7% of applicants even though probably 80% are worthy of a spot.

I also believe that if they were truly concerned about anything in an otherwise impressive application, they would simply reach out to the recommender for a follow-up. I've never seen this happen, though. And I've personally worked with some clients who were totally screwed over by their recommenders (and still ended up in top programs).

Hope this helps you breathe a little easier today and in the coming weeks!

volodya_1985 wrote:
My recommenders just told me that they didn't address the prompt and wrote a general letter, what's the terrible is that they didn't answer one of the questions GSB asked about feedback......I think I will be out of this year's app. :o :shock: does anyone have idea how to remedy such situation?

Thanks, SBCErika ! It's really, REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY helpful for me. I can expect a pleasant weekend now. :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
GhanaBa wrote:
Was anyone here shortlisted as a Stanford Fellowship Finalist?

nope :-(
did you have any school comms back / do we usually expect such news before interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Don't panic. I've seen this happen to other people across many top schools.

My strong belief is that if a school is interested in you, they're interested in you, and a recommender not following the rules isn't going to be the reason they'd ding you--ever. If anything it's proof you didn't write the letter yourself, right? That's probably a bigger worry they have!

I honestly think that if they were impressed with your candidacy before reading the letter that they wouldn't hold your recommender's lack of following directions against you. If you get dinged, this won't be the reason. It'll be that it's really, REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to get into Stanford and they only accept like 7% of applicants even though probably 80% are worthy of a spot.

I also believe that if they were truly concerned about anything in an otherwise impressive application, they would simply reach out to the recommender for a follow-up. I've never seen this happen, though. And I've personally worked with some clients who were totally screwed over by their recommenders (and still ended up in top programs).

Hope this helps you breathe a little easier today and in the coming weeks!

jfyi, there were reports on this club last year that GSB reached out to applicants for additional or incomplete recommendations during application processing period. I came across these reports 2 years ago too!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE:Public Relations (Other)
Send PM
Has anyone else gotten a notification on his/her LinkedIn profile that an admissions officer at GSB has looked at his/her profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I had two views by "members who chose to remain anonymous", in the last few days and have been wondering if they were adcom.

Also curious to know what has happened to others.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Beregond wrote:
I had two views by "members who chose to remain anonymous", in the last few days and have been wondering if they were adcom.

Also curious to know what has happened to others.

I've gotten 8 or so anonymous views the last week, but on Friday, one specifically said "Admissions Officer at Stanford GSB" - anyone else?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.7
How can you tell who viewed your profile? Do you have premium? Mine always shows up as anonymous.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
How can you tell who viewed your profile? Do you have premium? Mine always shows up as anonymous.

I don't have premium - it's a matter of personal settings for those who are viewing and for yourself. If you choose to never show up for anyone else when you view their profiles, you in turn won't be able to see anything other than anonymous on your profile views. So, it's a combination of what the other person chooses for their privacy settings and also what you choose for yours.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I had a view from a gsb fellow (a current student). Never spoken to him nor have any mutual connections and I didn't recently comment or like any linkedin posts.
They may pass on files to certain (more senior) students internally for initial review too and/or sense checks, feelers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
Stanford GSB Will Interview 1,000 Applicants This Year

Once again, Stanford has given some clarity about the admissions process.

See below for an excerpt from the official email that Stanford sent out to Round One applicants today.

------------
Admission Process Dates

22 September 2015: Round 1 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA Admissions Office prepares applications for review and distributes them to members of our team to read. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications and decide which candidates will move to the next stage.

19 October through 17 November 2015: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive that invitation between 19 October and 17 November. If you have not received an interview invitation by 17 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.

17 November 2015: Application Status Update
On 17 November, you may log in to your online application for an update on the status of your application. At this stage, there will be three possibilities:
1. You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 9 December. On 9 December you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
2. You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final.
3. You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date.

9 December 2015: Decision Notification Date
All official decisions will be released and available when you log in to your online application.

Rest assured there is nothing more you need to do to get our attention or improve your chances for an interview; your application speaks for itself. Out of fairness to all applicants, we don't consider information submitted after the application deadline.

Thank you!

Thanks in advance for your patience. During the coming weeks, we will review each and every application. Getting to know you and your fellow applicants takes time, but the result will be a tremendous Stanford MBA Class of 2018.

If you have questions, please contact us at +1.650.723.2766.

Thank you again for your interest in Stanford. We are excited to learn more about you.

Stanford MBA Admissions Office
-----------

Looking for help preparing for your Stanford interview? Contact Personal MBA Coach to schedule your mock interview today! scott@personalmbacoach.com If you are planning to apply in future rounds, now is a great time to start working on your essays. Visit my website to see how I can help. https://www.personalmbacoach.com

Does anyone know the pace at which the interview requests are released?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Very scattered throughout the weeks...no pattern to really follow. GSB is the most unpredictable. I know someone once got an invite on a weekend I believe.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
illuminator wrote:
Very scattered throughout the weeks...no pattern to really follow. GSB is the most unpredictable. I know someone once got an invite on a weekend I believe.

Agreed - heard similar things.

Just feel it's a very long time they stretch these invitations over... going to be a long month of October and November.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jole101 wrote:
illuminator wrote:

Agreed - heard similar things.

Just feel it's a very long time they stretch these invitations over... going to be a long month of October and November.

agreed, but at least they don't rush their interview decisions like HBS...so they really look into a candidate properly and that makes sense as they are selective. So at least they will seek to REALLY understand an applicant. That's a plus! :) trying to be positive! ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
No one saw my profile on linked in :(

My linked in profile is terrible too, so maybe its a good thing.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I wouldn't worry about it really.... Each reviewer has their own method...some are more curious than others... doesnt reflect success thus far in your app. They review each app thoroughly so don't worry
Manager
Manager
Send PM
As we approach the remaining, well, just over 7 days, I wanted to wish ya'll the best of luck! I'm sure there are lots of sleepless nights to be had (I've been waking up at odd hours already!), but let's use this forum to support each other as much as we can! If anyone has any updates please do share as we're all eager to hear!

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Is there any data on when during the interview invites you receive an invitation and success rate? I'm assuming the earlier the invite the better but don't have any facts to back that up.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts