Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 20:21 It is currently 14 May 2024, 20:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10054 [0]
Given Kudos: 4546
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Good luck to all who applied to GSB in R1!! Let the wait begin!
Please do not forget to update your GMAT Club profile status once you submit the application.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
They will not totally disregard it but they will likely move you to consideration for Round 2. If your recommender did in fact miss the cutoff today you should call the school immediately to see if they'll give him any sort of grace period, but I have definitely seen situations like this in the past (across all schools) where the candidate had all of his/her materials in but was pushed to the next round because a recommender failed to upload the rec in time. It's the worst.

Hope that didn't happen to you after all of your hard work!

cochinescu wrote:
Hey guys, do you think they will disregard my application if one of my recommenders does not post his letter on time?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Phew! One of my recommenders just submitted (with 5 mins to spare). He finished everything yesterday but forgot to submit :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 03-02-2015
Send PM
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
They will not totally disregard it but they will likely move you to consideration for Round 2. If your recommender did in fact miss the cutoff today you should call the school immediately to see if they'll give him any sort of grace period, but I have definitely seen situations like this in the past (across all schools) where the candidate had all of his/her materials in but was pushed to the next round because a recommender failed to upload the rec in time. It's the worst.

Hope that didn't happen to you after all of your hard work!

cochinescu wrote:
Hey guys, do you think they will disregard my application if one of my recommenders does not post his letter on time?

Thank you for your reply!
He finally sent it just a few hours before the deadline.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ha, that's hilarious you found my blog! I've been on maternity leave the past few months but will be getting back to my film-reviewing soon, I hope. Saw Mission Impossible and Black Mass over the weekend so hope to write short reviews on those, soon. And you're not alone in your feelings on JW, but I still loved it. : )

Best of luck -- keep me posted on what happens!

- e

munkee2018 wrote:
$ubmitted my application for R1 as well, guys! There goes a high-risk (and hopefully high-return) investment of $275! Good luck to everyone.

SBCErikaOlson I love your blog! I literally procrastinated for 2 hours reading your reviews instead of checking my GSB app for typos :) Although I have to disagree with you on Jurassic World ... I didn't like it. The character evolution and underlying parents-getting-divorced plot were too obvious. They banked too much on the graphics compensating for the lack of story. Maybe its just me but I actually liked the artistic creativity they employed in the original Jurassic Parks since they lacked the graphical technology. Anyway, just wanted to say, thanks so much for all the advice in this thread, it really helped me through those last few days before the deadline.

Anyway, good luck y'all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
So guys what is the count of the applicants for R1?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
So, R1 applicants who submitted their applications must have received the email today from GSB.
The gist,
1. Interview invites will go out between 19 October and 17 November 2015.
2. They are "hoping to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year".
Good Luck guys!
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Stanford GSB Will Interview 1,000 Applicants This Year

Once again, Stanford has given some clarity about the admissions process.

See below for an excerpt from the official email that Stanford sent out to Round One applicants today.

------------
Admission Process Dates

22 September 2015: Round 1 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA Admissions Office prepares applications for review and distributes them to members of our team to read. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications and decide which candidates will move to the next stage.

19 October through 17 November 2015: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive that invitation between 19 October and 17 November. If you have not received an interview invitation by 17 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.

17 November 2015: Application Status Update
On 17 November, you may log in to your online application for an update on the status of your application. At this stage, there will be three possibilities:
1. You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 9 December. On 9 December you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
2. You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final.
3. You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date.

9 December 2015: Decision Notification Date
All official decisions will be released and available when you log in to your online application.

Rest assured there is nothing more you need to do to get our attention or improve your chances for an interview; your application speaks for itself. Out of fairness to all applicants, we don't consider information submitted after the application deadline.

Thank you!

Thanks in advance for your patience. During the coming weeks, we will review each and every application. Getting to know you and your fellow applicants takes time, but the result will be a tremendous Stanford MBA Class of 2018.

If you have questions, please contact us at +1.650.723.2766.

Thank you again for your interest in Stanford. We are excited to learn more about you.

Stanford MBA Admissions Office
-----------

Looking for help preparing for your Stanford interview? Contact Personal MBA Coach to schedule your mock interview today! scott@personalmbacoach.com If you are planning to apply in future rounds, now is a great time to start working on your essays. Visit my website to see how I can help. https://www.personalmbacoach.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
MV23 wrote:
So, R1 applicants who submitted their applications must have received the email today from GSB.
The gist,
1. Interview invites will go out between 19 October and 17 November 2015.
2. They are "hoping to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year".
Good Luck guys!

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Rather late :oops: ... Joining this thread for R1. Best of luck everyone for the interview calls!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Joining the thread for R1 Updates. Good Luck Everyone. Cheers !!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
+1!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
approximately 624 hours, or 37,440 minutes, or 2,246,400 seconds, until F5 becomes my favourite key...until I need to carry an iphone charger to work....and potentially another 2mil seconds thereafter! Yikes. This is gonna be fun. Good luck ya'll
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is it just ME?? Or is everyone refreshing gmat club posts and re-logging into their application, in the hope of 'news' that we all know we won't receive for a looooong while!! So much for getting a decent IR score. Clearly no correlation to real life.

going loco. help. :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Kudos
illuminator wrote:
Is it just ME?? Or is everyone refreshing gmat club posts and re-logging into their application, in the hope of 'news' that we all know we won't receive for a looooong while!! So much for getting a decent IR score. Clearly no correlation to real life.

Haha!! I feel ya buddy. It's only the first day of October and I'm already not able to be a productive functional person at work. My browser tabs are 90% GMATClub.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
munkee2018 wrote:
illuminator wrote:

Haha!! I feel ya buddy. It's only the first day of October and I'm already not able to be a productive functional person at work. My browser tabs are 90% GMATClub.

phew, i feel normal again. haha but to make myself sound loco again, at times I do play stanford youtube links, and simply LOVE the reverse hover introduction across the campus and the chick says 'stanford university.' bliss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nq4Z5i7lcs

top that? :p
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Send PM
munkee2018 wrote:
illuminator wrote:

Ditto...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts