Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:36 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE:Information Technology (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Malluce wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
What schools did you guys put down in the Haas app? I thought it was weird they asked.

I was being honest for that question...but now I think about it, that might be dumb.

I also answered honestly and if Haas has problems with me applying to other schools, some of which might be regarded higher, so be it. I put my soul into my app and if that's not gonna overweight the fact that I applied to some other great schools, then probably Haas isn't the best fit for me anyways. But I really hope that schools won't matter. Seriously, the Yields shouldn't be disclosed.

Actually, today I received an e-mail from Haas and my heart sank, but guess what:
Quote:
Your file is now ready for review by the admissions committee.

Still, waiting :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
bigchuck wrote:
Malluce wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
What schools did you guys put down in the Haas app? I thought it was weird they asked.

I was being honest for that question...but now I think about it, that might be dumb.

Really? What makes you say that?

Haha...I just don't know how convincing it sounds when you spent so much effort saying why Haas but at the same time you're applying to so many other schools :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
bigchuck wrote:
Malluce wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

Some schools are afraid that they will accept students who will ultimately choose another school and decrease yield of the school in question, as well as make it find a replacement :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
More schools need to do early decision. I would have 100% done it for Haas.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Welp...I plan to visit Haas next week. Hopefully I'll get a result by then so I can either make the trip more benefitial or cancel it to save money :D
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: From Assistant Dean Courtney Chandler: The Year Ahead For EWMBA

Berkeley-Haas welcomed backed 500+ returning students and 250+ new students this fall to the Evening & Weekend MBA Program, which seemed like a good time to hear from EWMBA Assistant Dean Courtney Chandler about the 2015-16 academic year. Here she highlights the numerous opportunities for career-building, intellectual challenge, friendship, and fun that lie ahead.

Richer relationships and stronger connections.

That’s my theme this year as we infuse the program with even stronger academic support services and more abundant student activities.

On the academic side, we’ve launched a series of small-group advising sessions to target the specific needs of first-, second-, and third-year students. This allows advisors and students to form closer relationships as they map out the program together.

Our goal is for advisors to know students better and provide more specific guidance, and for students to know they can always come to advisors and feel supported.

More Opportunities to Network with Each Other
Our part-time MBA students in the evening and weekend program also now have more opportunities than ever to network with each other, with numerous social and career-focused events organized by the Evening & Weekend MBA Association (EWMBAA), from networking gatherings to fireside chats on industry issues.  

With such great momentum, we’re seeing more and more students coming out to volunteer and support each other. A record number of second- and third-year students created a superb welcome for the incoming class at our fall orientation, known as WE LAUNCH, demonstrating the power and enthusiasm of the Berkeley-Haas network right from the start.

Building something great together starts at orientation, known as WE Launch

Students also form close connections at our Mid-Program Academic Retreat (MPAR) for second-years. The program is more experiential, with the addition of our Applied Innovation course now part of this January retreat.

Meeting the real-world innovation challenges of leading companies at the Mid-Program Academic Retreat

Against the inspiring backdrop of Napa Valley’s Silverado Resort and Spa, students directly apply their learning from our required course on framing problems—Problem Finding Problem Solving—while working with companies and each other on rigorous innovation challenges.

Of course, our emphasis on enhanced relationships and connections would not be complete without WE Connect, a state-of-the-program event held each semester that gives me the chance to share my EWMBA program priorities and the feedback I’ve received as well as hear from students about what is on their minds.

Global Learning Popular with Students
Things stay just as busy in spring and summer, with two distinct opportunities for global learning.

During our International Business Development course, students spend a semester working in small project teams, preparing to tackle the very real real business challenges of NGOs, companies, and nonprofits overseas. They then spend two weeks in-country, in locales from Senegal, South Africa, and Rwanda (pictured below) to Hungary, China, and the U.K.—and return energized and excited about what they’ve learned and the impact they have.

On our Seminars in International Business, students spend two weeks exploring the culture, history, and business environment of various countries, such as South Africa, Brazil and Japan.  Traveling in groups of 20, they come home incredibly bonded with their classmates.

As the year progresses, I look forward to getting to know our students even better and to hearing their personal stories.  I am always amazed by all they are doing while juggling classes, full-time jobs, and the demands of their personal lives. Not only that, they are getting promoted, switching jobs, and starting companies—the impact of their efforts is felt far and wide.

Want to learn more about the Evenng & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program? Request information, and we'll keep you updated on special events and the latest news. 

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE:Information Technology (Real Estate)
Send PM
Malluce wrote:
bigchuck wrote:
Malluce wrote:

Haha...I just don't know how convincing it sounds when you spent so much effort saying why Haas but at the same time you're applying to so many other schools :lol:

Valid point, but by that logic couldn't they question your judgement if you only applied to one school? Perhaps since we are applying in round 1 you could get away with it, but still a risky move. I'm hoping it is just another one of those things we are torturing ourselves over while waiting, but in actuality is meaningless :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
bigchuck wrote:
Valid point, but by that logic couldn't they question your judgement if you only applied to one school? Perhaps since we are applying in round 1 you could get away with it, but still a risky move. I'm hoping it is just another one of those things we are torturing ourselves over while waiting, but in actuality is meaningless :)

Absolutely. I remember someone saying that every MBA applicant thinks that they are some international criminal with the world watching their every move. :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
etch1516 wrote:
bigchuck wrote:

Absolutely. I remember someone saying that every MBA applicant thinks that they are some international criminal with the world watching their every move. :lol:

That's what you do when you have too much time waiting while getting distracted at work!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Any theories why this thread is so sparse?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Anyone here knows when they will sent out invitation? I might have completely missed the info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
charko88 wrote:
Anyone here knows when they will sent out invitation? I might have completely missed the info.

Invites seem to be currently underway and if I'm not mistaken they will mirror Stanford and dribble out over a period of time. Can anyone confirm that last part?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Mattyboyywonder wrote:
charko88 wrote:

Invites seem to be currently underway and if I'm not mistaken they will mirror Stanford and dribble out over a period of time. Can anyone confirm that last part?

Just so I am clear, our only indication that invites are underway is that 1 indication on the MBA livewire? Or have there been more I missed?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.64
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
If I remember correctly, they mentioned "late October." I checked in last years forum and based off of the deadline date, we should expect them around the 27th. I could be totally off base though... if someone has better info, would be happy to know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Retail)
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
Mattyboyywonder wrote:
charko88 wrote:

Just so I am clear, our only indication that invites are underway is that 1 indication on the MBA livewire? Or have there been more I missed?

I received an invite on Monday evening to an on-campus interview day in late November.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Congrats.. You are the first one here.. They are giving a month's time for interview.. WOW
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Retail)
Send PM
Also .... for others' information, I was also offered the option to interview off-campus with an alum. The invite email did seem to subtly indicate that the adcom prefers on-campus interviews. Given this, along with the fact that I am eager to see the campus and talk to students, I chose to make the trip.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts