Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 02:43 It is currently 04 May 2024, 02:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.49
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.04
WE:Business Development (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Invited.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Does anyone know what percent of round 1 applicants invited to interview are ultimately accepted?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Invited!!.. Reporting from India
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V30
Send PM
not invited. :( .

What does this even mean?

"We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round or in future rounds. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly."

Are our applications still open for consideration?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
ankitdhall919 wrote:

"We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round or in future rounds. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly."

Same Here :(

I was also wondering the same thing. I think they will reevaluate our profiles again after these interviews are done and can invite us for interview in some later stage.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
biblophile wrote:
ankitdhall919 wrote:

I was also wondering the same thing. I think they will reevaluate our profiles again after these interviews are done and can invite us for interview in some later stage.

Any answers from experts on this??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Is this the common message for all those who are not invited ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
WE:Law (Consulting)
Send PM
Not invited (Mumbai, India)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [3]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
biblophile wrote:
ankitdhall919 wrote:

Hey,
Sorry for the non-Invite. I know how much it sucks.

What this message means is you will get your final decision on Dec 15th, whether you have been waitlisted or dinged. Or, like it happened with me, but I have not heard this happening with anyone else, I got the invite 10 days after the interview decision date. I interviewed and got in, but I would still not think this would happen too much (I sincerely hope I am wrong and you guys get invited)

Hope that helps. PM me for any specific questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who was invited! All the best with the interviews and please do reach out by PM if you have any questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
biblophile wrote:
ankitdhall919 wrote:

Hey,
Sorry for the non-Invite. I know how much it sucks.

What this message means is you will get your final decision on Dec 15th, whether you have been waitlisted or dinged. Or, like it happened with me, but I have not heard this happening with anyone else, I got the invite 10 days after the interview decision date. I interviewed and got in, but I would still not think this would happen too much (I sincerely hope I am wrong and you guys get invited)

Hope that helps. PM me for any specific questions.

Hi Anupam,

The final decision on Dec 15th would be a rejection only, since they didn't invite us for the interview. Is it right?
Did you get any mail or message from Duke on the interview decision date?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Send PM
ankitdhall919 wrote:

Hi Anupam,

The final decision on Dec 15th would be a rejection only, since they didn't invite us for the interview. Is it right?

Hey,

So you could get waitlisted without interview as well, I know someone who got that.

On the interview decision date, I got the same PDF on the portal as you guys did.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

Hey,

So you could get waitlisted without interview as well, I know someone who got that.

On the interview decision date, I got the same PDF on the portal as you guys did.

Ok. Fingers crossed then.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Invited. Delhi, India
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
ankitdhall919 wrote:

Hi Anupam,

Hey,

Hi Anupam, How were the interviews conducted for EA? City wise slots with alumna on a single day or individual interviews on a mutually agreed date? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [3]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck to all who received the invite. Prepare for the interview like it will change your life!

For those who have not received the invite, I know how it feels. I was WLed with interview in R1 last year and ultimately dinged in May. I applied again in EA and got in!

It is tough but necessary to figure why you did not get it so that you can avoid those mistakes in future applications. But as they say it is not a final decision.

Please PM me if I can help in any way!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
chesterstreet wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
ankitdhall919 wrote:

Hi Anupam,

Hey,

Hi Anupam, How were the interviews conducted for EA? City wise slots with alumna on a single day or individual interviews on a mutually agreed date? Thanks.

Hey!

I think it was individually decided dates. I got an introductory email saying this is your interviewer, please connect and schedule, just get it done before this date. So you email them and decide the date accordingly.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  46   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts