Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 06:05 It is currently 07 May 2024, 06:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.14
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
jwang27 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
jwang27 wrote:
Anyone else planning to take some time off pre-MBA? Once I finish my Re Vera checks, I've been thinking about leaving the company in early March to take some personal time to travel, and to take care of logistics (relocate family, sell house, etc etc).

I will be working till mid- end of July as CIM will only start on 29th August. How would you know that ReVera check is completed as it clearly mentioned in the email confirmation from ReVera that there will be no correspondence even after completion of the security verification.

Oh interesting! I thought I read somewhere that they got emails from Re Vera/the program saying that "the verification is complete". However, you are correct in saying that nowhere does it say that they will contact you to let it know it is complete.

Given the timeline, my assumption is if I don't hear anything by February, it should be done. I submitted my Re Vera form the day I got accepted, so I imagine I'm pretty early on the list.

I think they are sticking to "no news is good news" as credit check agencies say :-D

Your timeline does seem logical. I also submitted my verification form on 20th Dec with transcripts to be sent by next week. I dont think the entire verification should take more than 2-3 months.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Admitted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Engr2012 wrote:
JDtoMBA wrote:
Does anybody know what happened to the private Facebook group that Dean Kate Smith sent out in the welcome email?

I am a member of the group from the day the email was sent out. You have to click on the link in the email and your request for invite will be sent to the group moderator who will then approve the request.

I clicked it the day I got the email and was directed to the group (had only three members at the time), but I forgot to join the group. I just clicked it again, and Facebook is saying "Content unavailable". Maybe it's a temporary glitch or I have to reset my cookies. I'll try again later and report back.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
JDtoMBA wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
JDtoMBA wrote:
Does anybody know what happened to the private Facebook group that Dean Kate Smith sent out in the welcome email?

I am a member of the group from the day the email was sent out. You have to click on the link in the email and your request for invite will be sent to the group moderator who will then approve the request.

I clicked it the day I got the email and was directed to the group (had only three members at the time), but I forgot to join the group. I just clicked it again, and Facebook is saying "Content unavailable". Maybe it's a temporary glitch or I have to reset my cookies. I'll try again later and report back.

I think I know the reason why. The moderator of the group changed the group from closed to secret a couple of weeks ago.This is the reason why non members can not see it. Why dont you send an email to Kellogg admissions and see if they can resend the newer link.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:

I think I know the reason why. The moderator of the group changed the group from closed to secret a couple of weeks ago.This is the reason why non members can not see it. Why dont you send an email to Kellogg admissions and see if they can resend the newer link.

Thanks for the info! I emailed Kellogg admissions about this. Hopefully, they can add me to the group!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
jwang27 wrote:
Anyone else planning to take some time off pre-MBA? Once I finish my Re Vera checks, I've been thinking about leaving the company in early March to take some personal time to travel, and to take care of logistics (relocate family, sell house, etc etc).

That a good amount of time. I'm itching to quit now but financially will have to stick it through end of June. Hopefully I don't make rash decisions between now and then.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
R1Hopeful wrote:
jwang27 wrote:

That a good amount of time. I'm itching to quit now but financially will have to stick it through end of June. Hopefully I don't make rash decisions between now and then.

Honestly it probably isn't the smartest move for me to quit that early, but heck, the time to do it is before MBA right? :P.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jwang27 wrote:
R1Hopeful wrote:
jwang27 wrote:

Honestly it probably isn't the smartest move for me to quit that early, but heck, the time to do it is before MBA right? :P.

Haha I'd imagine that selling your house and relocating your family would take a lot of time. You might get bored though with 4.5 months off.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I'm trying to minimize my debt so I'll be working until August most likely. They'll be plenty of time for trips and fun during the 2Y MBA experience.

I've got an international vacation lined up for February anyways!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
jwang27 wrote:
R1Hopeful wrote:
jwang27 wrote:

Yup better now than any other time. Also your reasons are as good as any to quit early!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anybody want to help a fellow admit out and ask the moderator of the Facebook admitted students group to add me? I can PM my Facebook link.

I tried emailing the Admissions office regarding the broken link, and I haven't gotten a response yet :(
SVP
SVP
Send PM
JDtoMBA wrote:
Does anybody want to help a fellow admit out and ask the moderator of the Facebook admitted students group to add me? I can PM my Facebook link.

I tried emailing the Admissions office regarding the broken link, and I haven't gotten a response yet :(

Sent you a PM.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Update on the Facebook group: I was added thanks to Engr2012

For anybody who hasn't yet joined the Facebook group and is having trouble joining, the Admissions Office said to first friend the Kellogg Admissions Facebook account and they will add you that way.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Observation as of yesterday: On the welcome page, verification services cost has been updated to the current/correct value of 105 USD as against 85 USD mentioned earlier.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
In the Financial Aid form, what are you guys writing under - "Loan Programs for International Students Only - Please list your selected lender here:" ?
Is there a list of lenders given somewhere?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
generalist wrote:
In the Financial Aid form, what are you guys writing under - "Loan Programs for International Students Only - Please list your selected lender here:" ?

I saw the following list in one of my emails from Kellogg. Still trying to search. But the list is

NU Loan
Citizens One
Discover Student Loans
PNC Bank
Sallie Mae
SunTrust
Union Federal
Wells Fargo

I did ask finaid office if we can change our selection of lender later and the answer is yes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:

I saw the following list in one of my emails from Kellogg. Still trying to search. But the list is

NU Loan
Citizens One
Discover Student Loans
PNC Bank
Sallie Mae
SunTrust
Union Federal
Wells Fargo

I did ask finaid office if we can change our selection of lender later and the answer is yes.

Is this list for international students? And do you know which ones require co-signers and which ones don't?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
GhanaBa wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:

NU Loan
Citizens One
Discover Student Loans
PNC Bank
Sallie Mae
SunTrust
Union Federal
Wells Fargo

Is this list for international students? And do you know which ones require co-signers and which ones don't?

Yes this list is for international students. As for the co signer requirements, I haven't checked these places . You will have to individually go to their websites to see which ones need a US co signor .
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts