Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 18:26 It is currently 03 May 2024, 18:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Many previous posts have explained the question which i am posting below.

How r u ppl getting your latest income statement/payslip endorsed by your company's HR ? i cannot disclose that i am gonna pursue MBA. any idea please ?

*** Please upload your financial supporting documents to show how you are planning to finance your tuition fees and living expenses. You can use more than one financing option. The supporting documents required for the respective financing options are as follow:

i. Self-Sponsored - Bank account statements or latest income statement (endorsed by the company’s Finance or HR department) with indication of your salary being credited to your name
ii. Company-Sponsored - A Letter of Sponsorship by Company
iii. Others - Documents that will support your financing option
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
siva101424 wrote:

How r u ppl getting your latest income statement/payslip endorsed by your company's HR ? i cannot disclose that i am gonna pursue MBA. any idea please ?

*** Please upload your financial supporting documents to show how you are planning to finance your tuition fees and living expenses. You can use more than one financing option. The supporting documents required for the respective financing options are as follow:

i. Self-Sponsored - Bank account statements or latest income statement (endorsed by the company’s Finance or HR department) with indication of your salary being credited to your name

You can attach your bank statement that would be good enough.
If not convinced you can try the number given on website after Wednesday (We are celebrating Chinese New Year in Singapore and all schools/colleges are now closed till Wed)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
siva101424 wrote:

Just submit your salary slip for the above requirement. No need to get it endorsed by HR.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
apj17 wrote:
siva101424 wrote:

Just submit your salary slip for the above requirement. No need to get it endorsed by HR.

ok............. u application was considered complete with that itself ? done with your interview ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
Send PM
Just got a rejection letter. They said 'despite many merits, we regret to inform....'

GRE 325, GPA 8.86/10 and 2.3 workex. Published writer, engineer female... decent extra currs and achievements... not even interviewed! Can anyone think of any reasons>? I am betting on the workex...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
imanroy wrote:
Just got a rejection letter. They said 'despite many merits, we regret to inform....'

GRE 325, GPA 8.86/10 and 2.3 workex. Published writer, engineer female... decent extra currs and achievements... not even interviewed! Can anyone think of any reasons>? I am betting on the workex...

Sorry to hear. How were your personal statements/essays? NUS is a highly selective school and your work ex is way below the median. Any admitted student would throw more light on this. Did you give the GMAT btw?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
imanroy wrote:

NUS's bad luck if it does not know how to chose the right talent.
I have seen many who were rejected by NUS but got selected in higher rank institutes such as LBS & Cambridge

So don't worry; hope for the next one!
NUS selection process seems to quite mysterious

Btw when did you apply - towards the end of R1 ? not sure if they might have got many better candidates before your application!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
I don't think anyone is admitted yet.

I don't understand the way these B-schools work :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ktchavali wrote:
imanroy wrote:

Sorry to hear. How were your personal statements/essays? NUS is a highly selective school and your work ex is way below the median. Any admitted student would throw more light on this. Did you give the GMAT btw?

I THINK I did a decent job with my essays/statements... My long term goal is to open an institution for underprivileged women in India and guide them about diverse career opportunities (kind of how i want to break the myth of engineering etc) ...i even mentioned how Singapore ranks 3rd in the safest cities for women survey! ....

I asked three MBA veterans to crosscheck my essays and they did give the green light... :(

I have been waitlisted/dinged by ross, no replies from tuck and yale yet... so I think something is definitely going wrong my profile...cant seem to figure out what!
And I gave GMAT but didnt land a very good score...screwed verbal completely! got a 640 (q50 v27 awa5.5 ir8) But i am also not planning to retake GMAT, I thought i will go with my GRE.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
endysng wrote:
imanroy wrote:

NUS's bad luck if it does not know how to chose the right talent.
I have seen many who were rejected by NUS but got selected in higher rank institutes such as LBS & Cambridge

So don't worry; hope for the next one!
NUS selection process seems to quite mysterious

Btw when did you apply - towards the end of R1 ? not sure if they might have got many better candidates before your application!

Well, thanks for the info! Although I have given up hope after this rejection! And I have applied around 14th Jan 2016....
This is my first international-MBA-Admission experience... I have learnt a lot about the process... The scenario is completely different in my home-country India..where any experience beyond 2-3 yrs is considered a demerit. So I guess I am in a bit of a muddle...! Let see what the future has in store for me...

All the best to the rest of the applicants! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
imanroy wrote:
ktchavali wrote:
imanroy wrote:

I THINK I did a decent job with my essays/statements... My long term goal is to open an institution for underprivileged women in India and guide them about diverse career opportunities (kind of how i want to break the myth of engineering etc) ...i even mentioned how Singapore ranks 3rd in the safest cities for women survey! ....

I asked three MBA veterans to crosscheck my essays and they did give the green light... :(

I have been waitlisted/dinged by ross, no replies from tuck and yale yet... so I think something is definitely going wrong my profile...cant seem to figure out what!
And I gave GMAT but didnt land a very good score...screwed verbal completely! got a 640 (q50 v27 awa5.5 ir8) But i am also not planning to retake GMAT, I thought i will go with my GRE.

I cannot comment on your goals because I don't know how they relate with your career background but two very obvious red flags that stick out in your application are your GMAT score and your Work Ex. No matter what the schools say, the GMAT score counts for a lot when it comes to Indian applicants (I have no idea how your GRE score compares to the school averages so cannot comment there). It becomes even tougher to get in with a low score when you even have a low work ex. I see the application process as a triangle with the three vertices being - Work Ex, GMAT Score, Essays - you have to nail at least 2 of those 3 to score an invite.

My suggestion is for you to apply after a year or two with a more competitive score and a stronger profile. I've said it in other threads as well, there's no reason for us to feel hurt about being rejected by these schools because the reason they are the top B-Schools is because they are so strict with their filtering process. That's how they maintain that top quality.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:

I cannot comment on your goals because I don't know how they relate with your career background but two very obvious red flags that stick out in your application are your GMAT score and your Work Ex. No matter what the schools say, the GMAT score counts for a lot when it comes to Indian applicants (I have no idea how your GRE score compares to the school averages so cannot comment there). It becomes even tougher to get in with a low score when you even have a low work ex. I see the application process as a triangle with the three vertices being - Work Ex, GMAT Score, Essays - you have to nail at least 2 of those 3 to score an invite.

My suggestion is for you to apply after a year or two with a more competitive score and a stronger profile. I've said it in other threads as well, there's no reason for us to feel hurt about being rejected by these schools because the reason they are the top B-Schools is because they are so strict with their filtering process. That's how they maintain that top quality.

I completely agree with you. It is not like I am bogged down with the rejection...everything is a learning process, the thing is I have an opportunity to crack IIMs this year in India, but I was hoping to leave the country and get my MBA abroad. So the longer and harsher route for me will be to not go into Indian BSchools and come back stronger two years later. But the human mind is always tempted by shortterm success!

The crux of my situation is I HAVE NOT SENT THE GMAT SCORES to NUS! They solely judged through my GRE! So they cannot possibly know my 640 dunce feather~ can they? (yikes)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
imanroy wrote:
nitishgera wrote:

I completely agree with you. It is not like I am bogged down with the rejection...everything is a learning process, the thing is I have an opportunity to crack IIMs this year in India, but I was hoping to leave the country and get my MBA abroad. So the longer and harsher route for me will be to not go into Indian BSchools and come back stronger two years later. But the human mind is always tempted by shortterm success!

The crux of my situation is I HAVE NOT SENT THE GMAT SCORES to NUS! They solely judged through my GRE! So they cannot possibly know my 640 dunce feather~ can they? (yikes)

No they cannot see your GMAT scores if you have not sent them.
Regarding the choice of an Indian MBA vs an MBA from outside, it all depends on where you want to work post MBA.
The Indian schools are good too (especially IIM A, B, C and ISB) and can get you the profiles that you want.

If you are sure of yourself and are ready to wait, then I would say wait, improve your profile and re-apply.
Indian MBA experience cannot be compared to that of NUS, where in you study with people from 30 different countries.
It will give you immense learning and will imrpove you both profesionaly and personaly.

I myself ditched my IIM interviews (not A, B, C) back in 2013, tried hard, stayed on track and FINALLY got through in what I feel is a respectable school :)
So the choice is always yours.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Completely agree with what Ankur has to say. While the IIM's and ISB are excellent, they are only so within an Indian context. An ISB class consists of 95% Indians and that number is higher for the IIM's. They lack severely in the classroom quality that is provided by an NUS or a top 30 US B-School. If you can wait it out, then you definitely should.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi,

I applied on 15th Jan, 2016. Can anyone pls let me know till when can I expect any intimation regd. the interview (rejected or shortlisted). Also I'm assuming I will getting the same on my email id.

Thnks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Yes..this is the hardcore truth... while Indian MBAs are bookish and theoretical, getting an MBA from the top 30 colgs of the world is a different ball game all together...I wanted a global exposure, a fresh experience and first hand business experience... Due to some personal constraints, I need to carry on with my higher education this year itself.... if I am unable to crack ..i guess i will join IIM and then look out for the SIPA program in Columbia/ the Masters in Advanced mgmt in Yale after getting some work-ex or straight out of college....
There are numerous opportunities...! Since my goal is to do understand business, I believe I definitely need an mba from the top 30 of the world. Kudos to all who are making it big and seriously contributing to business and society! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shri1987 wrote:
Hi,

I applied on 15th Jan, 2016. Can anyone pls let me know till when can I expect any intimation regd. the interview (rejected or shortlisted). Also I'm assuming I will getting the same on my email id.

Thnks.

Unfortunately, those who can answer this question are not following this forum :lol:

Like you, many of us are waiting for that mail!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts