It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 09:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 6

Location: Singapore
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member
Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 18:32
Yesterday night, I wrote that I am no more interested in NUS, and guess what ? this morning I got my interview invitation :-)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2015
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 21:27
endysng wrote:
Yesterday night, I wrote that I am no more interested in NUS, and guess what ? this morning I got my interview invitation :-)



haha.. well i cannot afford to do the same and hope for the same :P

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 8

Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 21:58
1
This post received
KUDOS
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process


quick update:

just got my admit offer along with the NUS MBA Excellence Scholarship :-D

I guess you can pretty much say you'd see around Singapore soon! PUMPED!

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 23:48
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process


quick update:

just got my admit offer along with the NUS MBA Excellence Scholarship :-D

I guess you can pretty much say you'd see around Singapore soon! PUMPED!



Date of interview and interview brief pls..

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 02:15
aditi.tyagi05 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process


quick update:

just got my admit offer along with the NUS MBA Excellence Scholarship :-D

I guess you can pretty much say you'd see around Singapore soon! PUMPED!



Date of interview and interview brief pls..


Feb 24 off site via Skype

Interview started off with an elevator speech. 5 year plan, immediate plan etc.

Most important note is to be prepared to back your stories up.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 09:13
Anyone still stuck up with "Application Completed" status? Its killing me!! :(

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2015
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 19:38
saurbhd wrote:
Anyone still stuck up with "Application Completed" status? Its killing me!! :(


yup...me too...i wrote them a mail yesterday asking about the status of my application and the fact that its been more than a month since i had submitted it..and they reverted that it takes 6-8 weeks to review the application (meh.. :? ) and they'll let me know when it does get completed
in the meantime..i have admit from HKUST and ISB..with having to revert to ISB by 15th Mar 2016... and HKUST by end of this month...no idea what m supposed to do..
Duh!!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 19:55
nandinibasu27 wrote:
saurbhd wrote:
Anyone still stuck up with "Application Completed" status? Its killing me!! :(


yup...me too...i wrote them a mail yesterday asking about the status of my application and the fact that its been more than a month since i had submitted it..and they reverted that it takes 6-8 weeks to review the application (meh.. :? ) and they'll let me know when it does get completed
in the meantime..i have admit from HKUST and ISB..with having to revert to ISB by 15th Mar 2016... and HKUST by end of this month...no idea what m supposed to do..
Duh!!


I attended a webinar session recently. They are still indeed reviewing apps as they come in.

Just view it as a positive sign that you don't have a rejection yet.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 22:31
wow nandinibasu27
U got an admint from ISB and HKUST then you dont have to worry about NUS. Both are better than NUS.
Congratulations for your admits!!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 26 [3], given: 6

Location: Singapore
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 22:41
3
This post received
KUDOS
saurbhd wrote:
wow nandinibasu27
Both are better than NUS

I hope I don't offend you
but Seriously ??? on what parameters - some stupid rankings?
Both are good schools, and so is NUS.
Many would prefer NUS over ISB (or for that matter any Indian b-schools) for various reasons...

If you wrote it just to give him some moral support then it's fine, but I would never say x,y,z is better than a,b,c w/o specifying on what grounds

Kudos [?]: 26 [3], given: 6

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 20:37
1
This post received
KUDOS
Apologies in case I offended you...but I would stick to my argument as both are better than NUS even ISB because with the growing market India is at the moment the opportunities of growth and development are tremendous. I have worked in Singapore for some time and even though it is one of the best countries to live/work the growth opportunities are limited because of the size of the market. ISB on the other hand offers you loads of options like entrepreneurship, starting from setting up your own venture and thus tapping the vast resource pool available, to joining a MNC, for whom India is a preferred location because of resource availability and potential to expand.
Again, no offences meant.
Peace Peace Peace!!!!
Courtesy: Mahatama Gandhi.
:)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 8

Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 20:42
1
This post received
KUDOS
saurbhd wrote:
Apologies in case I offended you...but I would stick to my argument as both are better than NUS even ISB because with the growing market India is at the moment the opportunities of growth and development are tremendous. I have worked in Singapore for some time and even though it is one of the best countries to live/work the growth opportunities are limited because of the size of the market. ISB on the other hand offers you loads of options like entrepreneurship, starting from setting up your own venture and thus tapping the vast resource pool available, to joining a MNC, for whom India is a preferred location because of resource availability and potential to expand.
Again, no offences meant.
Peace Peace Peace!!!!
Courtesy: Mahatama Gandhi.
:)


agree to disagree - Singapore opens doors to markets in the South East Asia region, even to the Far East, it's much more than just Singapore.

This is coming to a guy who is finally coming back "home" to try something new after being outside for some years

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 22:16
Agreed...Singapore is a great place...I personally prefer to be at NUS than to any college in the region. For someone who has witnessed Europe, India and Singapore, I would rank India, Singapore and Europe in that order when it comes to kind of grass root level opportunities.
Again...PEACE!! :) :)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

2 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 295

Kudos [?]: 132 [2], given: 183

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 04:44
2
This post received
KUDOS
saurbhd wrote:
Apologies in case I offended you...but I would stick to my argument as both are better than NUS even ISB because with the growing market India is at the moment the opportunities of growth and development are tremendous. I have worked in Singapore for some time and even though it is one of the best countries to live/work the growth opportunities are limited because of the size of the market. ISB on the other hand offers you loads of options like entrepreneurship, starting from setting up your own venture and thus tapping the vast resource pool available, to joining a MNC, for whom India is a preferred location because of resource availability and potential to expand.
Again, no offences meant.
Peace Peace Peace!!!!
Courtesy: Mahatama Gandhi.
:)


Your argument about Singapore being a less lucrative market than India can be weakened by the fact that the NUS MBA is a much more global degree than the ISB MBA, so a grad from NUS will have opportunities not just in Singapore but also elsewhere. ISB is great if you're sure you never want to move out of India but if you want to become a global leader I wouldn't recommend ISB. With 95% of its class being Indian, ISB also doesn't provide the global exposure that is very essential to become a leader of a multi-national corporation.

Again, both are great programs and you can't go wrong with either but calling one better than the other is a stretch.

Kudos [?]: 132 [2], given: 183

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 06:41
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process


quick update:

just got my admit offer along with the NUS MBA Excellence Scholarship :-D

I guess you can pretty much say you'd see around Singapore soon! PUMPED!



Hi, can you let me know who were taking the interviews? alumni or students or profs

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 8

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 07:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
shri1987 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process


quick update:

just got my admit offer along with the NUS MBA Excellence Scholarship :-D

I guess you can pretty much say you'd see around Singapore soon! PUMPED!



Hi, can you let me know who were taking the interviews? alumni or students or profs


adcom director and a prof from biz sch

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
GPA: 4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 11:15
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process


quick update:

just got my admit offer along with the NUS MBA Excellence Scholarship :-D

I guess you can pretty much say you'd see around Singapore soon! PUMPED!


Congrats on the admit. I have been admitted too but they told me that I will be informed about the scholarship after I pay the initial deposit. Was it the same case for you or did they include the scholarship award within the admit email?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 12:18
husnainramay wrote:
someone1 wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process


quick update:

just got my admit offer along with the NUS MBA Excellence Scholarship :-D

I guess you can pretty much say you'd see around Singapore soon! PUMPED!


Congrats on the admit. I have been admitted too but they told me that I will be informed about the scholarship after I pay the initial deposit. Was it the same case for you or did they include the scholarship award within the admit email?


it was included in like the very bottom of the admittance email.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 237

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 175

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 05:31
I submitted application on 26 Feb for MSBA programme

However when i check application status in portal it shows submitted online

and when i view checklist
All items scores, essays etc are shown with Red cross sign
only recommendation letters are shown with green sign

What does this mean ? I have submitted all items in application
Mailed them , i got autoreply that they are checking applications and will take time.

Thnks
_________________

Press +1 Kudos if you find this Post helpful :)

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 175

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 06:41
I just had my interview. It didn't go really well, with the prof kinda happy with my candidature but the adcom director wasn't convinced abt how i hope to achieve my goal by joining NUS.
Anyway fingers crossed. Can anyone tell me what's the conversion rate like... how many people generally get shortlisted for interview and how many eventually make it?

Questions revolved around the basics of finance since i come from a sales and trading background and rest of them were hr type questions: why mba, goal, etc. - 20-25 min interview

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2016, 06:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  18    Next  [ 347 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.